Asylum Sydney Reviews

201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

This hostel is 10/10 BANG BANG! There's not a moment of boredom to be had. All the dorms are spacious and some are even equipped with fridge freezers, balcony's and stunning views. Everyone's lively as hell after sunset and chilled as a cucumber during the day. You'll feel part of the squad within hours. The family atmosphere was perfect for a lone traveler over Christmas and the staff adhere to your every need and more ;). Recommend for any young traveler up for a laugh!!

• 15th Dec 2015

The staff are friendly, very helpful and location brilliant right next to the station and shops. Soon as you get of the train you hit this relaxed chilled atmosphere. Reminds me of Greenwich in SE London.

This is by far my favourite hostel I ever stayed in. There's something about it that just creates such a great atmosphere and you feel like being part of a family. I was supposed to stay for one weekend and ended up staying for 6 months and would always go back. It's become a home far away from home for many people I know. So highly recommend it to everyone who wants to have an amazing time in sydney. Great location, very clean, super friendly and helpful staff and not to forget hosteldog bella!

Friendly staff, good rooms and really good location.

• 4th Dec 2015

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the facilities are solid and most importantly the atmosphere is dynamite. Upon arriving you are instantly accepted into the asylum family where everyone is social and friendly. You'll never feel alone at asylum!

Great stay! Would definitely stay here again!

• 21st Nov 2015

This hostel is the place to be. It's perfectly located in the busy neighbourhood of Kings Cross and almost everything important (e.g. CBD, Opera House, Royal Botanic Garden etc.) is within waliking distance I instantly felt comfortable in this familiar environment. I would l particularly like to thank Tony, who is a great host, giving you the feeling to come home every single time. I will definitely come back one day!

• 20th Nov 2015

The place has the greatest atmosfear you could imagine. Almost hard not to make friends with you. All the staff are amazing and you can go by foot to most things like: the club, Darling harbour etc.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

Asylum hostel is special. I felt very welcome at this hostel which is perfectly located near the city center at a walking distance from the beautiful Botanical Gardens. The atmosphere is very cozy. It has a homy atmosphere and the staff is very friendly. They remembered my name right away and I felt like coming home every evening. I feel like this vibe is also attracting similar minded people. I met some very cool people with whom I shared inspiring stories. I already booked my next stay!

• 18th Nov 2015

If you like to share a tiny kitchen with drunk and high people then stay here! Also if you do want to sleep or find dirty underwear everywhere in your dorm, this is a perfect place. Also the straff was hungover when i checked in. If you like to upload a website, sorry it's not possible with the wi-fi. Or to use the kitchen early in the morning. The people who rate this hostel so high must still have been high when the reviewed.

Thanks for being unsocial and unhappy your entire stay, Kitchen opens at 05:00AM, I'm not sure what time you call early? Wifi is a lie and works 100% From experience in the girls only dorm, Females are particular about NOT leaving dirty underwear everwhere. 966 reviews I'm very sure not all of them were drunk or high. Sorry the family homely warm atmosphere was not for you. Team Asylum

Asylum is the first and only hostel I would stay at in Sydney. The staff are all friendly and will go out there way to help you. Harun and Tony helped me settle in as soon as I walked through the door, introducing me to other travellers and staff members whilst showing me around. Everyone staying here are friendly and are happy to help you find your way around Sydney and visit the sites. The people at this hostel make me want to come back. The staff maintain the cleanliness daily.

• 6th Nov 2015

Great atmosphere, staff extremely friendly

• 5th Nov 2015

Good crew and good hostel

Great place to stay, clean facilities, great staff and amazing people! Would definitely recommend staying here.

Wifi wasn't consistent. Lounge smelled horrible other than that it met my needs. Id stay again

Its a really dirty place, my sheet has blood fade on it. And the place is really dusty. No lockers, but you can keep things in the counter if you want. Staff are friendly.

Hi, Thanks for your short stay and nasty comments, Yes staff are friendly,and experienced and no way would we would use sheets to make a bed with stains or any damage, 90% of the bedding is brand new, by the way. As far as the cleaning is concerned please refer to previous management reply comments as we still maintain high standards. Guests are welcome to leave any property in the reception for security, As we are a small friendly homely hostel stuff never goes missing. Team Asylum.

Very nice place to stay if you want to have a lot of fun. Many friendly people =)

• 9th Oct 2015

Great place to stay in Sydney only booked for 4 nights and stayed for 2 and a half months! has everything you need and has an incredible atmosphere

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

I originally booked in for two days but ended up staying for over two months! Had a great time mainly due to the people I met in the place, it seems to attract a good crowd. While the facilities are terrible, the atmosphere more then makes up for it and there is always fun to be had. It is what it is, a party hostel. If you want quiet nights and cleanliness is a big issue, I wouldn't devise you to stay here. If having fun is your main priority, I highly recommend!

• 3rd Oct 2015

Had a great stay, felt very welcome and will definitely be back