Asylum Sydney Reviews

201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

The location was great. The staff was very helpful and whenever I had a question or concern it was answered or looked into. The bathrooms were always clean when I used them. My only complaints are no air conditioning in my rooms and very poor wifi connection. I know its a expensive energy cost but charge extra or only put one in the single rooms upstairs and it would of made my summer stay so much more enjoyable. A stronger wifi router for higher level rooms would of been great.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Small friendly hostel, great atmosphere and staff

• 22nd Feb 2015

The staff are very friendly and helpful if you need information on how to get to certain places. The manager guy is very friendly and informative always says hello and actually remembers my name. The vibe in the hostel is very friendly. It's a bit out of the way of the centre of the city but train station 2 sec walk grab the underground or can even walk just about 20/30 min walk but area is pretty cool lots of backpackers.

Too noisy at night... People are chatting around the room and music..

Room was humid and smelly, a bug crawled into my suitcase when I was leaving.

I originally came to Asylum with a friend for 2 days... since then, it's been 7 weeks and I'm still here. The staff are great, the common room is fantastic and the vibe itself is one of the best I've experienced. It seems to attract a good type of backpacker/guest as there is always some to chill/drink/watch a movie with - and there is never a shortage of a good laugh. I couldn't recommend this hostel more, just watch out as you may get stuck here as so many of the guests have!

Asylum is good sociable place. Good kitchen common room with computers and big TV little backyard with BBQ. Rooms are ok. For wifi you have to pay and it wasn't working in my room. But otherwise is good place to stay.

I stayed in Asylum twice this month and I had booked a single room for both of the times. The staff was so nice that they upgraded me for double room for both of the times coz it was available. The hostel dog was really cute and free breakfast is always a bonus. The hostel is slightly scruffy and the carpet in the room was a bit smelly but all in all it was worth the money.

Super friendly staff, the view is awesome and the location is great. The manager is really helpful and absolutely brilliant if u get his humor. Would recommend it to anyone any time. Thumbs up :)

• 27th Jan 2015

very nice staff. old building.

• 22nd Jan 2015

It's a very nice hostel to stay in sydney. Everything is clean and I had a awesome view over sydney. The staff is very friendly and the bbq was awesome! Everytime again!

• 15th Jan 2015