Asylum Sydney Reviews

201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Overall, it was fine. The staff was nice but disorganized. No one was at reception when I arrived, nor answered the doorbell; the reception desk is closed from 12-5 pm, but this was not indicated on my emailed confirmation or on the outside door. They also had not noted my changed reservation and consequently overcharged me (crediting only half the prepaid deposit), though I didn't do the math till after checkout. But overall it was clean, secure, a fine place to sleep, and a good location.

Location was ok, staff were pleasant. The hostel is pretty shabby though. It was FREEZING! It wasn't the cleanest and there were loads of local Aussies/tradies staying there - not what I expected from a backpacker hostel. I would t stay here again.

Asylum is great! I wasn't planning on staying that long but got stuck again (same thing happened in Asylum Cairns). Anyway, the atmosphere is great, you feel at home very quickly. Facilities are good, I was in the girl dorm, it had it's own fridge, bathroom, terras.. I had an awesome stay and If I ever find my way back to Sydney, this is where I'm staying!

Like being from home from! Staff are great and have meet so many great people! Awsome atosphere! Asylum all the way x

• 21st May 2015

Cool hostel! Liked the people! Felt welcome the moment I arrived. Had a late arrival but the manager stayed up till I arrived. (At the end I arrived stipt on time). Location is perfect, 50m from the Coles/train/bus/gym and shops. If you're lucky you even got a room with view on Sydney skyline! Would highly recommend this hostel if you are visiting for a few days or as a working mate. People who are afraid to get disturbed by partying backpackers, no worries you won't hear them!

• 14th May 2015

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm with an amazing view over the city. There are two PCs with free internet access that you can use 24/7. It's a chilled atmosphere compared to other hostels in Kings Cross. Free Breakfast is always helping with the budget. Unfortunately Wifi costs extra which is the only thing i can complain about though. I can recommend this hostel and would definetly stay here again.

• 13th May 2015

The hostel was just for backpackers working in Sydney and seem like they had been there for a while so it was very clicky, as a new person nobody really wanted to talk to you. The room I stayed in was just used as if it were people's personal bedrooms dirty clothes and food left everywhere!! It looks really run down and very unattractive especially for the money you pay! Plus side in a nice location.

Hi. We are sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. However, for $27.00 per night in a room with million dollar views, that is not as dirty as you mention, we feel we charge a fair price. The meeting of people, the social part of staying in hostels is sometimes the most important - it is unfortunate you found it hard to meet new people but the socialising, partying, fun but yet homely feel to Asylum Sydney is reflected in most of our reviews by other customers. Enjoy Australia!

I stayed for 1 week and had an amazing experience! The kitchen is kept very clean by the staff and is well stocked with dishes and cookware. The rooms are tidy and spacious. I especially Iiked how friendly welcoming every one at the hostel is. There are a good amount of long-term guests who are all so great and make you feel right at home and part of the family. There is great common area with a TV and BBQ area in the back. Will definitely going back!

• 3rd May 2015

Great hostel, really helpful staff, great rates, very nice chilled out vibe jn communal areas, much more of a communal feel to some larger more expensive hostels. Great location to see sydney.

Stayed a few nights before heading to bondi. Many longtimers at that time witch made no effort to meet new comers. Ensuite room was nice on top floor but there was no curtains by the windows so got awaken early by sun light. Knowledgeable staff who give me a few tips on where to park my car and free/cheap activities in Sydney. Overall ok for a few nights is this area.

1 2 Next » last »