Asylum Sydney Reviews

201-203 Brougham St, Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia

Stayed a few nights before heading to bondi. Many longtimers at that time witch made no effort to meet new comers. Ensuite room was nice on top floor but there was no curtains by the windows so got awaken early by sun light. Knowledgeable staff who give me a few tips on where to park my car and free/cheap activities in Sydney. Overall ok for a few nights is this area.

great people there, very friendly and helpful. the BBQ was delicious! good location with party central of Sydney: kings cross

what a awesome hostel! Thank so much I had great time being in Asylum.

Great balance of party and relaxed atmosphere. In a great location right next to an Irish-themed pub called O'Malley's, a decent pizza stop, and jazz bar across the road. Supermarkets and train station are just a couple of minutes walk up the lane. It's in Kings Cross, but the town has quietened down a lot since new club closing time laws. As a result it feels a lot safer! I got a room with a pretty impressive view of the skyline, just able to see the Sydney Operahouse and Harbour Bridge!!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Japan

Location is great. Train station is 2 min, bunch of food just one block, laundry is easy and pretty cheap. Friendly stuff.

The staff here are all fantastic, warm, & welcoming. They have good advice on what to do & where to go. Even though most people seem to be long-term residents, they are still talkative and friendly with newcomers. The wifi leaves something to be desired, but that's AU in general. Asylum is near King's Cross station and only a 30minute walk from places like The Rocks/Circular Quay, Chinatown, or Oxford Street. The kitchen is nice, big & the rooms are clean. The free breakfast is appreciated, too!

The staff and the place was great!

I am genuinely gutted to leave Asylum Sydney today! From day one, I was welcomed by staff and other guests and my 2-day stay very quickly turned into a full month! There is a great balance of long-term stays which gives the hostel a familial feeling, and short-term stays who inject new energy and galvanise everyone to go out! The location in Kings Cross is great and Antony the manager is meticulous with keeping the place clean and comfortable. Sad to leave my Asylum family!

• 25th Mar 2015

In the heart of Sydney but not really that clean. Some cockroaches were in my room. You have to pay for wifi 1 dollar each day. Atmosphere is nice. Nice and friendly staff that is showing you the way.

Great, homely hostel! Kings Cross is a cool neighborhood and it is only a short walk from CBD. Facilities were alright. Kitchen ok, great tv (a lot of movies and tv shows) and a backyard. No air con in the room made it a bit uncomfortable, but with a door facing the backyard, it was bearable. Cool and relaxed atmosphere, nice people. I felt it was mostly long termers. All in all; value for money:)

Asylum is located in kings kross, which is a wonderfull district in Sydney. The Kitchen was ok, not to packed. The outdoor facilities was great, they even have a hostel dog.. The rooms and showers were in general very unclean. In our room we found a couple of cockroaches. If you don't bother the cockroaches, it is a good place to stay!

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Norway

The location was great. The staff was very helpful and whenever I had a question or concern it was answered or looked into. The bathrooms were always clean when I used them. My only complaints are no air conditioning in my rooms and very poor wifi connection. I know its a expensive energy cost but charge extra or only put one in the single rooms upstairs and it would of made my summer stay so much more enjoyable. A stronger wifi router for higher level rooms would of been great.

• 2nd Mar 2015