7.6
Very Good 662 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 662 Total Reviews
At Baan Khun Hostel Located at 119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai 50100 119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang
76% 662
18.7880339 98.9971157
    Rooms available

• Spain, Female, 31-40
22nd Sep 2016
5.7

There are always lots of staff around but they all completely ignore guests as they come and go, and they seem really bothered every time you ask for something. But the worst thing about this hostel is that hey don't change the bed sheets between guests. I witnessed this after my roommate left and I checked out straight away. When I told the manager he denied it! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL!

29th Aug 2016
7.4

Clean-ish hostel for a decent price. Great AC, staff are willing to give you an extra blanket if you're sensitive to the cold like me. A bit noisy due to traffic, but you get used to it. Only major problem I had with this hostel would be the bathroom and hallway lighting. It's very, very dim during the night making it difficult to get ready for bed at times.

17th Aug 2016

The location is so great! Right next to the night bazaar and lots of restraunts. They offer a lot of tours and other activities right in the lobby and are very eager and friendly to help. It wasn't super clean and the bathrooms are a little grungy, but it's a great price. I would recommend it!

• Finland, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2016
6.9

Great location about a five minute walk from the market and old town. Very easy to book the elephant sanctuary from there, it is the pickup spot, which makes it super convenient . we were in an all girls dorm and had a guy walk in and leave his stuff in a locker, the staff did not really know who stayed there and who didn't. I really liked that they had tea and bananas for free in the lobby all day. We had a good stay overall.

• skypie1989
  • USA, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2016

I stayed here after doing a lot of research on ethical elephant sanctuaries that I wanted to visit. After doing much research I found out At Baan Khun Hostel and Elephant Jungle Sanctuary are connected, and immediately booked a stay at the hostel. The staff is incredible, the hostel is kept clean, facilities are great, common areas are amazing, and location is prime. I would highly recommend a stay here. It's an amazing spot and the fact that it's so inexpensive blows my mind. Will be back soon!

• ctunsworth8452
  • England, Male, 18-24
27th Jul 2016

@ Baan Khun is amazing value for money. The hostel is kept incredibly clean and the beds are comfy. Free coffee and fruit in the reception along with a kitchen that you can use if you want makes me wonder how they can charge so little. The hostel isn't a party hostel so the atmosphere is chilled out but still great with people chilling out on the balcony or on the rooftop smoking area throughout most of the day.

• England, Male, 25-30
26th Jul 2016
5.1

The guy at the desk on arrival was sleeping at the desk then very miserbale when checking in. Gave me a room key but no bed number so it was a bit of a guessing game. Air con only 6pm - 11am and the room was baking! I've also had a better nights sleep on a concrete floor (seriously) WiFi tempromental and back packers were generally very chilled/didn't mix too well

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2016
5.1

I read many good reviews for this hostel but I was very disappointed. The bathrooms were dirty and the beds equally. The common area was very hot and I saw many bugs on the walls and in the room, one crawling on my friend as he slept. There was many people downstairs who worked at the hostel but offered no help. The rooms were very well airconditioned and the wifi was good. But overall very disappointed.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

We only stayed there for one night but it was a pretty nice hostel. The rooms had a decent size and they have several conmon areas to hang out incl. a rooftop. It's also conveniently located close to several restaurants and motorcycle rent places. The staff was also very friendly. After all the other reviews talking about this one grumpy receptionist we were kind of disappointed we didn't get to meet him. Usually though, there are several staff members there who can check you in.

• USA, Male, 18-24
8th Jul 2016

Chill place to go visit & see for your self.