At Baan Khun Hostel Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

They have a lot of great tours available and are helpful with getting you to places on your own. it's a little far away from the main square and all the action, but still walkable. easy to meet people as there are always a lot hanging out in the lobby.

We stayed there for 3 nights and it was probably the best service I receive since I started backpacking Asia. The women at the "travel desk" is really good in english, patient, helped us find activities and tour we wanted to do for a really cheap price (cooking class, elephants, trekking) and it was all very worth it! The hostel is 2 minutes walking from the night Bazaar, rooms are big enough with air con AND hot shower :) Plus: free tea, coffee and bananas all day !!!! Awesome

Nice hostel, fairly cheap price, and staff were friendly and accomodating. There's even a rooftop patio that you can hang out at sometimes. only thing I found was that it was a tad more difficult to make friends, everyone seemed to be in their own little group. Take whatever you want from that though, cause there'll always be different people at a hostel.

Great hostel, amazing staff they will help you with anything and get you often discounts on activities. Free bananas (and sometimes other fruits), coffee and tea.

The lack of airconditioning in my room for most of my 3 night stay was unacceptable. How is anyone going to relax or sleep in a room with 8 people in 100 degree weather with only 1 fan?? They advertised AC, but it was limited to 8p-11am after the first night. The atmosphere & staff were nice, but it was awful to come back to the room which was even hotter than outside, after a full days trek. My last night another guest & I slept in the lobby to beat the heat because it was a sauna in the room.

• 11th May 2015

Thank you for you review, We did the research with the guest for what time we should turn on and turn off the Air condition, so we have change for 2 time a day from 4.00 pm - 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm - 11.00 am., We are very sorry for making you feel uncomfortable when you stayed at Baan Khun Hostel. Thank you for taking your valuable time to review. Regards Baan Khun Family

Loved that the location of hostel is walking distance from many things - Saturday walking street, Sunday walking street. & there are lots of cafes and food stalls around. You wont go hungry. 7-11 is about 2-3mins walking distance away too.

I had such a pleasant stay at this hostel. There is a very friendly and social atmosphere so it was easy to meet new people. The staff are lovely and even joined us on our night out! Free tea and coffee is always a bonus, and loved the comfy cushions to chill out on. Would happily stay here again!

it was a nice experience , next time i will stay there too

Positives: - free bananas everyday - can book any tour through the hostel and they give you discount plus a free breakfast - great location from night bizarre - good atmosphere, has a lounge space with pillows where people can chill -air-conditioned room 24/7 - good wifi Negatives: - Many of the lockers were broken in the room

good location near the Sunday walking street and night bazaar. So many staff but always helpful, can book trains, buses and trips there. nice atmosphere with mezzanine floor with cushions for chilling. Have made efforts to deal with bed bug problem - I was in 10 bed 201 and didn't have any. blankets still didn't feel clean though and beds are hard as the floor. Good Wi-Fi and air con. would stay again

Baan Khun....what a place. The staff was great and were so busy booking multiple people's excursions. They were amazing and super nice. The laundry service was good and cheap. We met some great people here, it is a place that fosters people meeting each other. The majority of the hostel hung out together. We all chilled after going to Zoe's. It was still a quiet enough place to sleep well. The only bad thing was that they had a bit of a bedbug problem. Just be careful.

Great location and accomodating staff! I was able to extend my stay and keep my same room and bed!

We arrived at 4am and the whole place was locked up even though it says 24hours reception. After making some noise someone finally came to let us in. Over all a decent hostel in a fantastic location! Beds are hard but standard throughout Asia so you can't expect much more. Good vaule for money

very nice staff and cosy place, a lot of space to meet people. Very convenient to be able to book tours directly on the main floor (and they have discounts too). 3 steps away from the night market

the location and the atmosphere of the hostel and the other backpackers were really good! the staff was friendly and helped us with our trips! we cannot understand the negative comments and the complaining about the cleanliness - the bathrooms are okay

• 18th Mar 2015

Everything is good. Except no reading light for each bed in the dorm room.

I stayed in Baan Khun Hostel for 3 nights and it was amazing. My stay in Chiang Mai was very pleasant mainly due to the fact that I have affordable accommodation. The toilets were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff were pleasant and always ready to help you with anything. I surely will stay at this hostel when I return to Chiang Mai.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

This is a good atmosphere. There's not a crazy party vibe - but it's very easy to meet people. No breakfast :(. Free coffee/tea and bananas. Staff is friendly. Beds are comfortable. Good stay.

The staff at Baan Khun Hostel was great, and incredibly helpful. Also, it was nice that you could book all your tours from there too. Only complaint about the hostel, would be nice if there was more than 1 shower per floor.. And the atmosphere was a little awkward, but not the hostels fault. Chiang Mai seems to attract a slightly different crowd!

FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE - the staff really make all the difference! I was sick and had to go to the hospital and one of the men who works at the front desk (the Thai guy) took me and took care of me, even going to 7/11 to buy me food/drink and arranging for transportation back to the hospital. He stayed there for FIVE hours with me! Would really recommend it based on location/staff alone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4