At Baan Khun Hostel Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is without doubt the friendliest hostel I've ever stayed in, the staff were superb and were able to help us with any questions about the city, we even booked a day at an elephant camp through them which was amazing! The comfy common area makes it really easy to meet people, and the atmosphere in the hostel is great. The only slight downside is the air con only being on at certain times and overnight, but this didnt really impact out stay as there are still fans everywhere.

• 27th Jun 2015

My girl and I was staying at the hostel for almost two weeks and I could easily have stayed two more weeks. A quiet and comfortable place were the staff is ready to help you with everything.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Enjoyed our stay. The tour company associated with the hostel was great. Easy to book right at front desk. Rooms were fine. Not that clean, but good value. Would definitely recommend the elephant jungle sanctuary and mama noi cooking class package! Greatly enjoyed the location, less than 5 min walk to tha pae gate

Friendly staff. They say that they turn on the air con twice a day. However, I was here for 5 days and this never once happened. Makes it a little uncomfortable to come back and change for the night in a swampy room. But it's a great location.

• 18th Jun 2015

I stayed here 5 nights and for 180 baht a night it's a bargain. Beds weren't the greatest but didn't have any problems sleeping. If you plan on staying in bed past 11am if you're hungover, good luck because AC turns off and it becomes a sweat box in the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful with bookings. Good backpacker atmosphere. Toilets were pretty smelly and shower was ok. For 180 baht though it was worth it.

This hostel can be the best in Chiang Mai (I mean it!!). The first problem is the restricted use for air conditioner... From 21.00 to 9.00, what If I want to rest in my room in the middle of day with temperature of 35 degrees???? Its crazy!!! Second and last detail is quality and size of matreses: they are so tiny that you can feel the structure of your bed in your back, also the matress is covered with a plastic so, you will be wet aaaallllll night. everything else is perfect mainly the staff

Good hostel, really nice people and staff. good informations and tours available directly from baan khun

the bed is too thin, it touch my back during sleeping, the room is not fully cleaned when we check in that time although the receptionist told that the room is already clean...

Great hostel, super friendly and helpful staff. I really liked the atmosphere there. a/c from 9pm to 11am which is absolutely fine as u spend your time outside during the day. Within walking distance to the old city and all you need. Could have more showers, though.

The location and tour organization at the hostel were fantastic! However, checking in was a hassle as management seemed disorganized and we had to move rooms a number of times.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Totally worth the 6 USD/night. Great location next to the Sunday street walk and the night bazaar and the staff is great! Especially Joe who is super friendly & hooked us up with good tour deals. Booking tours through them is really easy and you get a free breakfast when you book through them. Make sure you check out the Elephant Sanctuary--best experience EVER.

Thank you for a wonderful stay!!

Nice chill Area . Free bananas and Tea. Rooms are ok . Shared bathrooms are clean ! :)

• 29th May 2015

Very nice common room space and breakfast was included. The beds were pretty uncomfortable because you can feel the metal slats through the thin mattress. However the low price per night is hard to turn down.

Small social area so you really have to try to chat with the other travelers. The staff were great and understanding when I couldn't stay for my second night. I was refunded my money and all was good. Great location, right down the street from ThaPhea gate if you want to be by the old city and its infamous Sunday Walk.

• 24th May 2015

Very helpful staff, nice chill out area on the first floor, good location - close to the old city and the night markets. Only negative is that the wifi doesn't stretch to the 4th floor.

The staff were great but the facilities let the place down. The beds were shockingly uncomfortable (it was like sleeping on the metal frame the mattress was so thin- luckily I'm the kind of person who can sleep anywhere but I know others Struggled) the travel agency that is part of the place is great though (would definitely recommed the elephant jungle sactuary!) Not the best, or most sociable place in Chang mai then, but you really cant go too far wrong with this place! (Its hard to find!)

They have a lot of great tours available and are helpful with getting you to places on your own. it's a little far away from the main square and all the action, but still walkable. easy to meet people as there are always a lot hanging out in the lobby.

Great atmosphere, location and the staff are very friendly and helpful! Ended up staying here longer then expected because it was such a great place!

• 19th May 2015

We stayed there for 3 nights and it was probably the best service I receive since I started backpacking Asia. The women at the "travel desk" is really good in english, patient, helped us find activities and tour we wanted to do for a really cheap price (cooking class, elephants, trekking) and it was all very worth it! The hostel is 2 minutes walking from the night Bazaar, rooms are big enough with air con AND hot shower :) Plus: free tea, coffee and bananas all day !!!! Awesome

« first « Prev 1 2 3