7.6
Very Good 619 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 619 Total Reviews
At Baan Khun Hostel Located at 119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai 50100 119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang
76% 619
18.7880339 98.9971157
    Rooms available

22nd Apr 2016

I had a great stay at At Baan Khun. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious, the bathroom was clean and had hot water (if you want), and it was lovely to have tea, coffee and bananas whenever you wanted. I liked the location, very close to the eastern gate of he old city. Very short and easy walk to the night bazaar. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend to anyone else visiting Chaing Mai.

9th Apr 2016
4.6

Location is good, however clean toilet & shower will be great help

• England, Female, 31-40
28th Mar 2016
6.9

Not the best hostel I have seen. I was unlucky at my arrival as I was greeted with a not-so-friendly person. The dorm room wasn't clean. There were mosquitoes. It was very very loud. Bring earplugs! I managed for 5 nights but would rather find a quieter and cleaner place next time I visit Chiang Mai. Beautiful city and area.

• simmi8perjer4868
  • Thailand, Female, 25-30
17th Mar 2016
7.7

The hostel is located in the great area near the market and few minutes walk to the Thapae gate. They have the mezzanine that you can relax, watch TV, or take a nap there. I love that area very much. I also like the decoration of the hostel. As for the staffs, They seem to be friendly with foreigners but I am Thai so I had some feeling that they treated me differently. it's nice though.

• England, Couple, 18-24
16th Mar 2016
6.6

Overall this was a good hostel to stay in. The rooms however are quite small so not much space for your bags and the door is never locked even though they give you a key so it seems a bit risky. There was a nice comfy place to relax though and the free bananas were a nice touch. The greeting by the staff was also lovely. I would stay here again as it was cheap but facilities are just your average hostel.

• England, Couple, 18-24
13th Mar 2016
6.9

As this was the first hostel we has stayed at in Thailand we had little expectations but were pleasantly surprised at the comfort of the hostel and friendliness of the staff. Was a little dirty but for £3 a night, can't complain!

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Mar 2016
5.1

The hostel did the job but location saved all the other downfalls to be honest. Beds are ROCK HARD and staff were either rude or unavailable. There isn't a great social area and both times I asked to be put in mixed rooms in was put in all girls dorms. Not the cleanest place but it did the job.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
10th Mar 2016
6.3

Nice common area and good wifi. There are no where near enough showers per person but they are powerful and hot which makes a nice change! Long walk to food markets. I had thought I'd booked in for 3 nights and only found out it was actually 2 when I checked out which doesn't say a lot for the security. There is a travel agents downstairs so it's really easy to book tours, we booked 3 through them and were given a good price. Over all it is a decent enough hostel for the price you pay.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
6th Mar 2016
7.1

Upon arrival we (2 females) were told that rooms were available but were in separate dorms, one in a female dorm and one in a mixed dorm. We originally booked together for the female dorm so we're disappointed with the staff's lack of organisation. Although they did discount us slightly which was good. Clean rooms, decent shower and toilet. Good for organising tours. Nice communal area.

• bradyeaton74823
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
6th Mar 2016
7.4

Some dude from texas was wearing his undies with the butt cutt out of them and walking around my room. The art is pretty cool on the walls though.