At Baan Khun Hostel Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This place was great, great staff and social! The rooms were also nice, the wifi doesn't work in the rooms, but it works fine in the common room - so go and be social! Would definitely stay here again!

I definitely recommend to stay in this hostel in Chiang mai the location is just perfect, the staff can recomend you tour and book for you but most of all this hostel it's perfect to socialise with other people the atmosphere is really easygoing and you'll meet really nice people for sure. I'll return when if I go back in Chiang mai for sure I need to try their elephant tour :) ! Thank you to At Baan Khun Hostel !

• 31st Oct 2015

Really chilled hostel with helpful and friendly staff. Hostel was not extremely social but had a nice chill area on the mezzanine where you could relax or chat to others. Would recommend the cooking class and elephant jungle sanctuary trips organized at reception, good price!

We went on the Elephant day based at this hostel which was really good. The staff are nice and it's in a good location just outside the old city. Old minus is thathat the WiFi didn't work in the bedroom but it forced us to be social instead!

Overall had a good stay here although I wouldn't describe the rooms or the facilities as the cleanest. It's very helpful to have a travel agent based right in the hostel and I really liked that aspect. It's about a 10 min walk from the Old City and so you can easily walk to the city center. Their breakfast was pretty good but I found the staff to be only somewhat helpful.

Great location close to the night bazaar and Thapae Gate. Helpful staff. Comfortable clean accommodation. Reliable laundry service. Happy to recommend.

Great looking reception and chill area, but rooms are very basic. Bathroom was not that clean. Only one shower and two toilets for two dorm rooms of about 6 beds each. Great location though.

Awesome staff! Awesome communal area! Comfy beds and a good location! Free bananas and coffee is lovely and met so many nice people, short walk to everything! And quiet in the doom rooms themselves . Had a great time, would recommend :)

It was kind of a bummer that wifi wasn't strong enough in the room but it fostered people to interact in the hang out area. Security would improve if the doorknobs were fixed. I am so thankful the bathrooms were cleaned often and always toilet paper and soap to wash hands and trash was taken from the room too.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very helpful in booking my tours (elephants and cooking class- both are excellent!). The bedroom was clean and had lockers for valuables. Doors to the dorm rooms are key locked. Very secure. The common area was fun and the travellers here were very friendly. Only downside is that there are only a few showers and sometimes you had to wait. They also could have been a little cleaner. But I would definitely stay here again!

This hostel is located walking distance to the night market as well as a short tuk tuk tude to many popular bars! There's a cool lounge where it's fairly easy to meet other travelers! The AC came on in our room at specific times-pretty eco friendly but if you're in there when it's off it gets pretty hott, which is expected. Would come back!

Nice little hostel. 20 mins walk away from the Saturday night market and 5 mins walk from the Sunday market so good location. Toilets and bathrooms were cleaned both mornings I was there.

Was clean, friendly, free coffee and bananas and the air con in the rooms Actually worked, after staying in a hotel that's air con didn't work and was dirty this was luxury and half the price. Will visit again!!

Awesome Crew!! Best stay in Chiang Mai!

• 19th Sep 2015

Staff was amazing and met some wonderful people here. Location is walkable to the night market and bar district. Thanks for the stay! I'll be back if in Chiang Mai.

Beds are a little hard but overall was a great place! Free coffee tea and bananas and breakfast was good and super affordable. Good location!

Loved this place came back three times! Great base, great staff, great hostel! Love the free tea and bananas and it's so close to the centre of town and the night market as well as places to book trips!

- I don't like the bathroom... The lighting was poor and there is not enough hanging place for clothes. And the cleanliness is just average. - Some staff are nice and friendly, however, there are quite a lot of part-time staffs, and some you can definitely feel not very helpful. - The power plug was scary, sparks can be seen when you plug in, it is terrible and dangerous! I told the staff, but the stuff seems just not aware the problem. - Hair dryer can never be found.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments, and as we have had several reviews regarding our bathrooms, we have begun renovations of them. The comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority, and lighting, fittings, drains, etc. will all be replaced and upgraded over the coming weeks. Regarding your issue with the power plug, thank you very much for telling us during your stay, as our staff were not previously aware of the problem. It has now been fixed.

No aircon, only fans in communal area so got very hot and humid. Bedrooms have aircon which is only turned on at night. Communal area was okay but very dirty - my friend and I had so many bites from sitting on those floor cushions (not mozzie bites). Have to remove shoes at front door. Small lockers in rooms and shared bathrooms which didn't feel clean. The owner was the only good thing about this place tbh - free water when booking tours and she gave us little bags as gifts too.

The only positive thing to say about this hostel is the manager, she was very welcoming, friendly and always had a smile to offer. However, the hostel is filthy. The lounge area looks and feels as though it was not been cleaned in months, I lounged there on three separate occasions and on all three were bitten numerously by what looks like ant/insect type bites that were probably present IN the dirty cushions, not mozzie bites. Overall, I did not enjoy my stay here and was happy to leave...

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and for staying at Baan Khun. We regret to hear that your stay with us was not completely enjoyable and comfortable, and offer our sincere apologies. We have undertaken a program of regular and thorough cleaning of the common area in an effort to avoid such problems in future.

« first « Prev 1 2 3