At Baan Khun Hostel Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

the location and the atmosphere of the hostel and the other backpackers were really good! the staff was friendly and helped us with our trips! we cannot understand the negative comments and the complaining about the cleanliness - the bathrooms are okay

• 18th Mar 2015

Everything is good. Except no reading light for each bed in the dorm room.

I stayed in Baan Khun Hostel for 3 nights and it was amazing. My stay in Chiang Mai was very pleasant mainly due to the fact that I have affordable accommodation. The toilets were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff were pleasant and always ready to help you with anything. I surely will stay at this hostel when I return to Chiang Mai.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

The staff at Baan Khun Hostel was great, and incredibly helpful. Also, it was nice that you could book all your tours from there too. Only complaint about the hostel, would be nice if there was more than 1 shower per floor.. And the atmosphere was a little awkward, but not the hostels fault. Chiang Mai seems to attract a slightly different crowd!

FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE - the staff really make all the difference! I was sick and had to go to the hospital and one of the men who works at the front desk (the Thai guy) took me and took care of me, even going to 7/11 to buy me food/drink and arranging for transportation back to the hospital. He stayed there for FIVE hours with me! Would really recommend it based on location/staff alone.

Best staff! Everything else is also relly nice! Remember that bed bugs is not hostels fault, is the travellers (our) fault, we spread them. I got bed bugs, not sure it was from this place or that the bites started to show by then. Which is not the hostels fault!!! The staff ran to the pharmacy an dpaid for my medicine, washed all my stuff for free, gave me breakfast and water and said sorry to many times!!! Thank you for your amazing help!

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

It's a very nice place. If you wanna stay longer that's no problem. The will helping you so much and make that you have the best time hear. Good place for backpackers! I will come back for sure!!

The ladies who work downstairs in the tour office are amazing and will help organise trips and buses etc 2 minute walk from the gate and on the road the hostel is situated on there are plenty of places to eat. Good wifi Chilled hostel I really liked it

Stayed one night on arrival in Chiang Mai, hostel is an easy walk to the old town square area. Great if you're here for the Sunday market. Beds were changed daily, even if you weren't checking out. Bathrooms are slightly limited, one shower on each floor and 2 toilets. Not a bad stay at all, but nothing amazing. Travel desk is really helpful.

A really cool place, very helpful and welcoming. Free bananas and tea and coffee, comfortable area to chill, perfect location on a busting street. Would recommend :)

Very good hostel, would recommend! The staff make you feel at home instantly and so helpful, even if you want to book a tour with another company they are fine with that and assist you. Excellent location, visit the night market and the Rooftop bar, both are less than 5 minutes walking distance. Free tea coffee and bananas at all times, and the atmosphere is so relaxed and friendly. One of the best hostels by a long stretch during my stay in Thailand!!

• 22nd Jan 2015

A great value and nice staff. Most of the guests are respectful and cool, some not, like any hostel. Perfect location in Chiang Mai.

This hostel is mostly a tour agency. When you walk the in the entryway you will see many thai women busily working on 4 desks with papers spread everywhere. Not a good atmosphere at all. All lock boxes in our room were broken except for one. Shower and toilets were fine. The staff helped me set up an amazing day excursion, though I suspect we were overcharged. They also helped me set up a slow boat into Laos but it was a very impersonal and rushed experience. Not a bad hostel but far from good.

The hostel has an awesome atmosphere. Very nicely decorated and with great people from all over to talk to. The lady at the front desk literally became our second mom. It was my friend's birthday for one of the days we were staying and they got her cake and some beer for us to celebrate. On the last day of the trip, I became really ill and without me even asking she gave me some medicine for the pain. She's amazing! The only negative thing is that sometimes they double book beds.

• 18th Jan 2015

All was pretty good, but a little mess the organization

• 16th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Nice quiet place about 3 min walk away from the main downtown.

One of the most social hostels I've ever stayed in. Everything is clean and the staff is overwhelmingly helpful and nice.

The staff was super friendly

Would stay there again. The rooms are nice and there is a rooftop patio and a lounge with cushion and table to chill at. Also, their laundry service is quick and efficient!

We were thrilled when they let us in at 4am when checkin wasnt til 1pm and were able to get some zzz's in the lounge area. Staff were helpful with booking transport and tours and kept giving us free food! Only downfall were the bathrooms, not that many and not particularly functional ... eg clothes getting wet. But honestly overall we were very happy there

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5