At Baan Khun Hostel Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

My stay at At Baan Khun was pretty average. To start with the rude man at the reception had put me in a 14 bed dorm when I had booked an 8 bed dorm. He then told me without any apology to go to my allocated bed in the 14 bed dorm, which was occupied with someone else's stuff. Again no apology, and moved me to a different bed. The bed was uncomfortable and only one shower between 20 or so people per floor. Would definitely not stay again.

Good shower, clean & warm. Hard beds. Friendly staff & great lounge areas! In the centre, I wanted something more quiet, so I left to the old quarter, to their other one. The one there is less secured, but still oke. Also hard beds though

I have stayed at several hostels in Chiang Mai, and this was the first one where I was actually able to take a hot shower! For that reason alone, I will probably stay here again. If you are planning on booking an elephant sanctuary trip in Chiang Mai this is a great place to stay and book your trip. The hostel works closely with Elephant Jungle Sanctuary. Only complaint was they overbooked my room two nights in a row. Had to move several times because of this. This has happened to my friend too.

Excellent location just off the main city square/strip of downtown. I loved the loft community area, the complimentary coffee/tea/bananas, and the great info they provided on area tours. The staff seemed a little distant/scattered, and it also seemed that anyone could walk freely in and out (partially since it's also Baan Khun Tours). Communication was lacking as far as technical check in time vs. when the beds would be ready. We also never received locks/keys for lockers in the room.

Fantastic location and great tour options with friendly helpful staff however beds were absolutely vile , disgusting bedsheets so dirty never have I seen dirtier bedsheets in a hostel and I've stayed in many

The staff were amazing, we were able to book all of our tours from the hostel. It wasn't that clean but for £3 a night you can't complain, good if your only staying a few nights. Would stay here again

Comfortable beds, good common area (fills up quickly though!) and the best shower I've had since I left bangkok.

Please clean the bathrooms better. The rooms could use a deep clean as well.

I give 7 excellent for At Baan Khun. I have a great time here, all staff are so nice even customer here. RECOMMENDED !!

This hostel is in a very good location, between the night bazaar and the gate. The hostel would benefit from some renovation, especially the bathrooms but overall it was a good place to spend a few days.

As a single backpacker, this hostel was excellent to meet new people. The rooftop area and second floor lounge was perfect. The staff was friendly and offered to keep my things in a locker whilst I went trekking for a few days. Overall great location and incredible value for money.

Dirty. I left a day early to switch hostels

• 11th Jan 2016

You get what you pay for. Cheap room and service. Unfriendly and unhelpful staff but cleanliness and facilities were good.

• 10th Jan 2016

Location was great and staff were friendly. the lockers in the room are small but enough to put your valuable belongsbelongs. You gotta bring your own locker tho. Breakfast included from 6:30-12 and was worth it for the price you pay the stay. I'd go back there for sure!

Super convenient location. Basic rooms, but for the price you can't complain. Met some lovely people here!

The staff are friendly. The location is good if you want to travel around the heart of the old city. Though, the noise from the street is a problem for sleeping. The cleanliness of shower could be improved As well as the area around that.

One shower and toilet between 20 people per floor wasn't enough. Bed was rock hard but at $5 a night you can't really complain. Good staff and location.

Showers are terrible and the bathrooms are just plain dark and dirty. Staff are fine. The rooms are dark. There is a good area to socialise upstairs. If I went back I wouldn't stay there.

• 30th Dec 2015

Not enough toilets/showers and wifi was a bit spotty. Not bad for the cost

lounge and rooftop are nice. Possibly due to high season demand, but staff were not helpful in my queries.

« first « Prev 1 2 3