At Baan Khun Hostel Reviews

119/10 Thapae Road, Changklan Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great hostel! Always stay here when I'm in Chiang Mai. Great location and super helpful staff.

Perfect hostel for your stay in Chiang Mai. Great location, 5 min walk away from all the main locations. Dorm rooms pretty good and nice and clean. Really fast laundry turnaround (3 hours). Wifi was a bit hit and miss and needed to be turned off and on again a few times but staff were pretty good about sorting it. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

Really nice hostel not so far from Thape gate wich is the entrance to the old town :) Hard beds - but I slept really well! Good place for backpackers :) Nothing bad to say about this place actually. I likes it a lot.

I really enjoyed being so close to the Night Market and some cool bars/shops, and the staff was always very nice and welcoming, though it seems that they spend a lot of time on the phones when they could be helping travelers. Also a smelly bathroom required holding my breath as I ran into my room! Hopefully it isn't like that all the time!

Not the cleanest/comfyest place but does the trick. Great to book tours and nice offer of various meals. Bathrooms are quite dodgy. Aircon only works between certains hours.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it just because the beds are so hard you couldn't sleep. I read previous reviews but thought they were picky, but no these were the hardest beds ever. My body ached the next day and would stop circulation if I didn't move at night. Not a very social hostel as lack of common area. Tour agency in front is good though. Security is a bit of an issue. They don't lock it over night (at least when I came back at 3am the gate wasn't locked just covered by chairs)

Nice and clean, friendly staff, beds were pretty comfy, fun people. Super solid hostel

• 12th Jul 2015

This was a great hostel. The staff were excllent and really looked after us. We were able to book all our excursions through the hostel, which was great. Only negative was security, there were limited plugs in the dorm and therefore it meant either not charging devices or leaving them next to the door, which isn't ideal.

Staff are really helpful and friendly. Really great hostel for booking activities, buses etc. Lots of restaurants just down the road and relatively close to the night markets. Bathrooms were pretty gross - the floor was always wet! I also am unsure they clean under the beds as I saw lots of dust and some rubbish.

Great location near bars/restaurants/sights and nice atmosphere in the communal area as well as one of the cheapest hostels in the area

• 9th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

You get what you pay for in terms of facilities. They're ok, but you can't be expecting a 5 star for such a cheap price. The atmosphere is great there, rooms one place, chairs downstairs, upstairs floor mats to sit on and a roof terraces. Loads of places to meet people. Where they truly benefit though is with the staff and bookings. Staff really helpful, and you can book almost any trip required from there. They also go out of their way to help you out if errors have occurred with bookings!

Great central location to everything in Chiang Mai Town. Staff were really helpful when booking trips. Needs a good air con system and wish they didn't keep turning off fans during the night. Overall, not the worst but not the best place I've stayed.

• 5th Jul 2015

The hostel amenities were great and ring able to book tours and taxis at the reception was convenient. However, wifi is extremely poor during the evenings and it's important for guests. Please look into upgrading your wifi

This is without doubt the friendliest hostel I've ever stayed in, the staff were superb and were able to help us with any questions about the city, we even booked a day at an elephant camp through them which was amazing! The comfy common area makes it really easy to meet people, and the atmosphere in the hostel is great. The only slight downside is the air con only being on at certain times and overnight, but this didnt really impact out stay as there are still fans everywhere.

• 27th Jun 2015

My girl and I was staying at the hostel for almost two weeks and I could easily have stayed two more weeks. A quiet and comfortable place were the staff is ready to help you with everything.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Okay for the price. Beds and bathrooms were clean but somewhat left messy by other backpackers. Located just outside the main square but walking distance to everywhere. Staff had trouble understanding English which was somewhat problematic when I tried to explain I couldn't sleep because of rowdy backpackers shouting until 4 am (despite asking them nicely to lower their voices 3 times)...

Enjoyed our stay. The tour company associated with the hostel was great. Easy to book right at front desk. Rooms were fine. Not that clean, but good value. Would definitely recommend the elephant jungle sanctuary and mama noi cooking class package! Greatly enjoyed the location, less than 5 min walk to tha pae gate

Friendly staff. They say that they turn on the air con twice a day. However, I was here for 5 days and this never once happened. Makes it a little uncomfortable to come back and change for the night in a swampy room. But it's a great location.

• 18th Jun 2015

I stayed here 5 nights and for 180 baht a night it's a bargain. Beds weren't the greatest but didn't have any problems sleeping. If you plan on staying in bed past 11am if you're hungover, good luck because AC turns off and it becomes a sweat box in the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful with bookings. Good backpacker atmosphere. Toilets were pretty smelly and shower was ok. For 180 baht though it was worth it.

This hostel can be the best in Chiang Mai (I mean it!!). The first problem is the restricted use for air conditioner... From 21.00 to 9.00, what If I want to rest in my room in the middle of day with temperature of 35 degrees???? Its crazy!!! Second and last detail is quality and size of matreses: they are so tiny that you can feel the structure of your bed in your back, also the matress is covered with a plastic so, you will be wet aaaallllll night. everything else is perfect mainly the staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4