At Beach Bed & Bar Reviews

100/1 Moo1, Baan Tai Rd, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Best hostel i ve ever been, awsome spot, nice, super friendly people :)

Really cool atmosphere down on the beach, the owner, Paul, is super nice and friendly. However, if you want to party you are better off staying at Haa Rin Beach, since the bars are there and the beach is nicer. Another option is to rent a scooter for 200 baht a day (aprox. US$6) and go around the island.

The Hostel is great in location and facilities. Big Paul is propably the friendliest host I ever had. He took care of eveything, even in the busiest Fullmoon days. Value for money would be superb, but prices were quite high due to the high demand (that was the case for all places I checked) so I dont blame him, but therefore only "good". I already recommended the place to everybody I met after my stay.

We stayed 4 night in Koh Pha Ngan. This hostel is perfect!! It is right on the beach. Its not on a party Beach so its perfect for someone who wants more silence. The doorms are perfect and very clean. There is hot shower and free toilette paper. The manager, Bella, is an awsome woman. She Was very helpfull and she told us à lot about the country ´s situation. This is my favorite place to stay in Thailande.

I'm a solo traveller, I was meant to stay 4 days, ended up being 6 nights in 4 bed dorm. Cheap, clean rooms with AC, right on the beach. Can't fault the place, really relaxed atmosphere, food wasn't amazing but hey you can't have it all and there are plenty of other places to eat. I'd recommend to anyone wanting cheap chilled beach time. Oh and also you can't really swim as it's too shallow but the beach is still lovely, and during full moon this place likes to party :)

The hostel is good, with a bar and in front of the beach. The only problem was it is no so close from Haad Rin, the full moon party beach. But the place of the hostel is really nice to Chill and the staff was really nice with us, also have a restaurant with good prices.

It was a nice clean hostel and was right on the beach. You had your own security box in your room which was very handy. The only downside was that sometimes the shower would cut out when you were in it and the toilet roll was not provided in our paticular dorm! All in all I would go back and would recommend this hostel for the full moon party

I defenetly would stay again at your place, if i wished to go partying. The matraces are sooo good, honestly... had other experience within Thailand... the only thing I would suggest you.... if there is a full moon party... stock up your staff @ the restaurant... it's a lovely place to have breakfast... but waiting 30 minutes only to get served...and keep the place as clean as it is now... than you'll have a lot of succes as it's a cery nce place..

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in! The owner, Paul is great, chatting with everyone and helping make plans etc. It's right on the beautiful beach, and although it's too shallow to really swim, there's a pool nearby you can use. The restaurant and bar is typical prices but really good, social atmosphere. Spacious, clean dorms and washrooms. I'd recommend this place to anyone, 100%!

Good beach side location. Lockers were pretty weak and rooms quite dirty. Overall okay..

very nice staff, met some of them at the half moon party and even there they looked after us and showed us stuff, great room great atmosphere would absolutley recommend it and we loved the free pick up und drop off at the ferry

• 23rd Jan 2014

I stayed in the 4 bed girls dorm as a solo traveller and it was great, the hostel is right on the beach and we were able to use the pool of another hotel (2 minute walk up the beach). Stayed during the full moon party, the hostel hosted a warm up BBQ which was so much fun and almost everyone was involved and then only a 10 minute tuk tuk to the Full moon party. Perfect location to escape the mess that haad rin has become. The staff are so friendly and great fun!!

This is a great place to stay during the Full Moon Party. It's nice not being in Haad Rin when all the chaos is happening during the party. The guys who work there are cool dudes and love to chat as much as the next patrons. Finally, this place has an awesome spot right on the beach so you can walk right out of your door and straight onto the sand!

The owner of this hostel is really friendly. The hostel is right at the beach, which is an advantage but the beach itself is not nice. The water is shallow and doesn't go up to your knees. Also, the coral in the water will cut your feet. There are a lot of dirty dogs are running around this beach as well. The food in the hostel is okay but expensive. The 24 mix dorm is okay but has only 1 shower/toilet inside (outside there are a few more). I had a good stay because of the atmosphere though.

Thanks for the review Wilvie! The water level on the island is same almost everywhere and depends of the season, so we recommend just to choose the day time when is fine to swim. The Phangan dogs are local attraction, don't afraid of them - they all are friendly and common - we have PAC organisation, which is caring about them. Prices in our restaurant is a bit less than on a beach around, but a little more expensive that food on a main street. We set-up more showers and toilets.

This place is located on the beach. The hostel is still fairly new but has so much potential. My friend and I arrived there on Christmas Eve, Pau (man running the place) picked us up from the pier. Everyone who works at this hostel are locals or natives and very nice people. We wish we could have stayed longer to party with everyone. The location is ideal if you are looking to go to the jungle party and half/full moon party. Otherwise, you will need to rent a moto to get around the island.

I thought the place was very accommodating, had great service and very comfortable for the price. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family. It has beach front property with private bar/restaurant which is hard to find for a hostel. The owners and staff took us out for a night to a local party, they drove us to the port, and just overall took notice of anything we needed. Overall: Clean place, large social area, very cheap, and great location.

Thank you David for the good words. Hope to meet you again as our special guest!

Excellent stay! This place is at walking distance from town, and has a supermarket and a pharmacy 3 min away, is very quiet during the day, so perfect for relax, and before the Full moon party we had a bbq and they provided us the paints and taxis to get there. They also have a restaurant, so if you're lazy to go out, you have everything you need in the same place. Best of all, the staff, super nice and fun :) Definitely would stay there again.

Love place and not want to leave! WIll come back in MaRch!

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Russia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Chose @beach if you want to meet new people and awesome party - resort crew made beach party with bbq, fire-show dj and many of their friends who lives on phangan. Will stay longer here! Baan Tai has incredible sunsets and its nice beach to walk.

• 7th Dec 2013

Excellent hostel! Very friendly staff, comfortable dorm room.

• 1st Dec 2013