At Home Hostel & Pub Reviews

Rua Canuto de Aguiar, 1424, Fortaleza, Brazil

No Rating

They do not respect the price showed in the web page: yeah, we can do that... so the probleam is ...for that date we have a massive event in fortaleza: condeferations football cup. I´ll change my prices. So u can pay more money for this night? Reagards, Regis

the bar is alright to drink a beer there at night, but the hostel is actually really bad. shabby, smelly, noisy and a horrible breakfast.. the staff during the day is alright, the bartenders at night are really really unfriendly! all in all a really bad experience!!!

I arrived at the hostel Wednesday night. Nobody asked for my ID or even registered my name, they just led me to a room. I stood in the hostel for 3 days. During this time the trash has not been cleaned once. It was disgusting. There is not a thing about tourism or how to get to the beach and the staff doesn't know anything about it. Thay are polite and all, but not prepared. The breakfast was pretty good and the pub downstairs is really fun. But, as a hostel, I wouldn't recommend.

The At home pub/hostel is a wonderful place to enjoy yourself with nice clean beds and bathroom and a staff that is always available to assist you with your needs and concerns. The bar downstairs also serves great food, drinks as well as good times. i would highly recommend anyone to stay there.

he i didnt like the pub below the hostel. It was so loud till 3 am. But ALEX was just fantastic. He was such a help and I am soooo happy to meet him there. He picked me up at the airport and I was happy that he was there. So if you are looking for a quite place than you have to go somewhere else but the staff is just GREAT. I really enjoyed it and a big thank you to Alex. Susa

• 28th Dec 2012

When arriving at the hostel no one knew about our reservation. We got each a bed, but were surprised that it was possible to access this room from the public bar, which was crowded at night, without the possibility to lock the room. The cleanliness could have been better and the coffee for breakfast was horrible. At night the bar below, which is part of the hostel was extremely loud and sleeping was difficult. Our advice, look for another place in Fortaleza!

• 8th Nov 2012

The property is just above a bar, super noisy. I asked for a sheet they said they didn't have. Security is dubious as you enter throught the bar and other people may enter unoticed.

By the pictures I've seen in Hostelworld and for the price I was expecting more. The pub is ok, bands are awesome, but the hostel is a mess. No reception, no proper staff (the barman did my "check in"), cold shower and the bathroom was not very clean.

When I decided to stay there, I was expecting to be in a good hostel with a great bar, but actually, I spent my days in an amazing Rock-Bar with some bedroons!! Excelente!! One of the most interesting places that I ever stayed. The staff is a very cool, the owner Mr. Regis is a very nice person, the bands played in the bar during my stay were terrifics!!

The hostel was empty when we arrived so even the Manager or someone in charge wasnt arround!!!! while at the hostel world site was great review!!!

the best thing in this hostel is the pub. If you want to have fun in Fortaleza, this is the place to be. The location is very good, next to other pubs and restaurantes, bus stops... The cleanliness isn't so good, the bathrooms need more attention, but it isn't a big problem. The staff is cool, Régis is very helpfull and friendly.

A great place to stay if you want to party. Bar in the hostel, the people is really great. Nice area near shops and restaurants but not in the center of the city.

One of my favourite hostels in Brazil and without a doubt the nicest staff I have met. The owner was kind enough to take 10 mins in explaining everything there is to know about the city to me. Very kind of him. The rooms are very clean and have their own bathroom.

The staff really makes the difference! very nice and shiny guys..the perfect atmosphere to enjoy Fortaleza!

• 27th Jul 2012

Really good hostel, the staff are very helpful

A little bit expensive, but worth it because all the staff are so friendly and social and go out of their way to make you feel welcome, talk to you and introduce you to locals and other travelers at the bar downstairs. The bar downstairs is closed Sun & Mon for a rest, but is kicking the rest of the week with live music and theme nights. It gets busy, but doesn't go on too late so you can still get plenty of sleep. Breakfast is available all day so you can just grab it when you please.....

staff are fantastic and very helpful to answer any questions. its a good place to meet other travellers and in the better area of fortaleza although still a 10 minute walk to the beach. bear in mind this is a pub with a hostel attached to it so it can be noisy at night time

Not here long but very sociable Brazilian hosts who spoke excellent english. As name suggests there is a proper bar at this place so can be very social. Not far from beach as well.

Best hostel I've stayed at. I've been to a few but this is the only one I've written a review for because it was so good! Regis and Nickolas are really good people and go out of their way to help. The bar out the front is excellent, attracting a really friendly local crowd. Beds are comfy and everything is very clean, the facilities are great. This is a must stay if your are visiting Fortaleza! Keep up the good work guys!

Regis is a wonderful person, he was so helpful and nice and you are feeling like staying at home. we had a great great stay there. the pub is in the house, so you just can go down and have a beer and spend a relaxed evening. I can definitely recommend this place to everybody!!!! Greetings G.

• 7th Feb 2012