At The Right Place Reviews

85-87 Bealey Ave, Christchurch, New Zealand

The staff was unfriendly when I arrived and the room wasn't clean as in all the other hostels I've been to. We had a little kitchen in our room which was nice to prepare breakfast but for dinner you need to use the kitchen. In the Lounge were lots of young people with alcohol. You have to walk about 25 minutes from where the busses stop and the nearest supermarket is about 30 minutes away. The beds were making noises during night and weren't comfortable. But it's a hostel and not a hotel...

The kitchen could do with updating as could the bathrooms, they were very cold and damp. Good location really close walk to the centre. There weren't any lockers which was a shame couldn't lock anything up. Ok for a short stay.

Found a pair of underwear under my blanket when checking in ... i doubt they changed and cleaned them after the last person staying there. Staff was friendly but i wouldnt stay for longer.

Fine place to stay for just one night. Wouldn't stay longer. Bed was really bad an very squeaky - if you moved, the whole bunkbed would move! No athmosphere, really. 15 min walk from supermarket which is okay as it's in Christchurch. Staff was very friendly - told me not to buy the wifi as it didn't work half of the time. Nice kitchen.

Wifi didn't work though there is free wifi on the corner at a Burger King. Very quiet hostel, no atmosphere. Out of town. Up an alley from a busy main road. Never many people around. Staff were friendly and helpful when asked. Cold rooms. Very small showers and toilets.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Wales

Really small beds with terrible pillows and really thin duvets. I had to roll my pillow into a cigar just to use it I had to wear all my clothes to bed because the whole hostel doesn't seem to have heating and the single pane windows lets more cold air in. People sit about in the common area with blankets round them like a crack den and you can see your breath, it was only 5 degrees as well, hate to see the place in proper winter. Only 2 showers for the whole hostel. For $27 a night not worth it

View all Christchurch Hostels