At The Right Place Reviews

85-87 Bealey Ave, Christchurch, New Zealand

The staff was unfriendly when I arrived and the room wasn't clean as in all the other hostels I've been to. We had a little kitchen in our room which was nice to prepare breakfast but for dinner you need to use the kitchen. In the Lounge were lots of young people with alcohol. You have to walk about 25 minutes from where the busses stop and the nearest supermarket is about 30 minutes away. The beds were making noises during night and weren't comfortable. But it's a hostel and not a hotel...

The kitchen could do with updating as could the bathrooms, they were very cold and damp. Good location really close walk to the centre. There weren't any lockers which was a shame couldn't lock anything up. Ok for a short stay.

Found a pair of underwear under my blanket when checking in ... i doubt they changed and cleaned them after the last person staying there. Staff was friendly but i wouldnt stay for longer.

Fine place to stay for just one night. Wouldn't stay longer. Bed was really bad an very squeaky - if you moved, the whole bunkbed would move! No athmosphere, really. 15 min walk from supermarket which is okay as it's in Christchurch. Staff was very friendly - told me not to buy the wifi as it didn't work half of the time. Nice kitchen.

Wifi didn't work though there is free wifi on the corner at a Burger King. Very quiet hostel, no atmosphere. Out of town. Up an alley from a busy main road. Never many people around. Staff were friendly and helpful when asked. Cold rooms. Very small showers and toilets.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Wales

Really small beds with terrible pillows and really thin duvets. I had to roll my pillow into a cigar just to use it I had to wear all my clothes to bed because the whole hostel doesn't seem to have heating and the single pane windows lets more cold air in. People sit about in the common area with blankets round them like a crack den and you can see your breath, it was only 5 degrees as well, hate to see the place in proper winter. Only 2 showers for the whole hostel. For $27 a night not worth it

The check in lady was very friendly and more than happy to point me in the direction of a near by Thai take away place which was great. There's a large common area in the hostel which had a nice relaxed atmosphere. The only issue I had with the place was the bed. The bunk bed had a very narrow mattress and no side/safety bars. The bed was also very creaky, causing noises from the slightest bit of movement. All the other beds in the room looked fine though!

Okay hostel with a bad location, pretty far from pretty much everything. At least it's pretty cheap. Kitchen was too small and definitely not enough bathrooms, but common room was nice with a nice tv and book library. Beds are okay. Reception staff was nice but always busy with the kids. They are like 5 kids running around behind reception. Okay hostel but wouldn't stay again.

Location and staff - no complaints! Our dorm door was often unlocked and there are no lockers in the rooms. (I was able to store my valuables in the reception though). It was hard to meet people/everyone was just passing by.

the little courtyard behind the alla female dorms was nice but the beds were unbelievably squeaky! you couldnt move without making a noise! also there seems to be no noise barrier between the bedroom and the toilets in the ensuite so..very noise rooms! in the mini kitchen in the room there is only one mug so not very convenient for 5 people! also no internet!

I was staying here by my self hoping to meet other backpackers. Instead i was surrounded by German's and French all talking to eachother in their own language. It seemd that all the people were staying there for a longer period and did not want to socialise with new people. The positive Side was the staff! They were so Nice! Even gave me an upgrade!

I stayed unit type room. Some people don't close the door, and their friends come in and out offen. At least we could lock our room. The kitchen was nice, clean and tidy. Stuff also nice service.

I had to change my room twice. The first time the owners wife changed me because something went wrong with the booking. Somebody didn't pay but could stay anyway. So i got put in a little shed (literally a shed with storage). I couldn't get a discount or what so ever. My options were to take that bed or leave. Christchurch was fully booked...... The second time the owner put me in an upgraded 4-bed dorm... Well, i slept on the couch. That bunk bed was terrible!

The showers weren't brilliant, but the disabled shower was great! Nice place to stay, very spacious, nice people as well. About a 20 minute walk to the nearest shopping centre wasn't so bad

View all Christchurch Hostels