Atacama Hostel Reviews

Roman Diaz 130, Santiago, Chile

Very uncomfortable showers (ranging from freezing cold to skin-melting hot), but otherwise, the facilities and rooms were sufficient. Make sure to pay in USD - this hostel is one of the very very few in Chile that doesn't waive the tax charged to foreigners paying in Chilean Pesos (which is an incredibly steep 19%)

Nice atmosphere, but it is really cold in winter and water is almost always freezing!

This is a very nice hostel, I only miss hot water and heaters.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great staff who were *very* helpful. Nice bunch of people staying there and top top place to watch the world cup matches. Gracias!

Hot water for the showers would be a nice addition.

Very nice hostel with everything we needed. Decent kitchen, lots of space in the common room, pleasant staff without being in your face, and the beds were very comfortable. 6 weeks in to travel this is one of my favorite hostels so far. Does the simple things very well.

I had a good night in Atacama Hostel, good staff, good location and the most important things is the breakfast. Totally recommend.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Chile

It was my worsest stay so far. To tell the truth, can't understand the good recomends. Dirty at all, bad smelling room, unorganized reception, not able to call a taxi?! Not able to wash my clothes at beginning even there was a sheet at the reception " lavanderia express 6000 pesos" ( not cheap ) cold water all the time. A not nessesary hudge TV in a small room. While sitting on the toilet, the other dorm could watch you. Very expensive at all, and for what you get in any event. Anoying door bell

I'm sorry, all workers hostel apologize for your bad experience. We work every day to provide a better service, thank you and we value all guests comments. We hope will be a next visit and you can see the changes. Best regards. Atacama Hostel Staff