Atawkama Hostel Reviews

Calle Fierro 534, Cusco, Peru

Nice hostel when passing through to Machu Picchu. Allowed us to leave luggage free of charge while we were on the Salkantay trek.

• 29th Jul 2015

The staffs were amazing. They were able to switch the days that I booked because I mistakenly booked the same days for my trek to Machu Picchu. It was a very nice gesture. Aside from that, the facilities were great, although the only thing I wasn't excited about is the bathroom being out in the courtyard -- maybe only an issue during the winter, but it's not too bad. I also want to say my regards to Martha, for being welcoming, and making me feel home.

• 19th Jul 2015

The hostel itself was fantastic. Very homey, clean, and very cozy. The older lady that was usually in charge of breakfast (small, 2 buns with butter/jam and some tea or coffee) was always extremely happy/nice every morning. The other staff were all friendly and helpful as well. The walls being so thick made wifi almost impossible to get in almost any room. We had to either go into the kitchen/reception area, or into the living area to get it. Overall, I would stay here again, it's great.

• 11th Jul 2015

The staff at Atawkama Hostel are all very nice and helpful. They will give you their honest opinion about the different tours. The hostel is nice and quiet with a relaxed atsmospher. Great place to socialize with other travellers and exchange experinces. I highly recommend staying at Atawkama Hostel.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The first night we arrived there was no running water. The room we were staying in had two beds. One of them was completely concave, which made sleep impossible. What added to the bad night sleep was the fact that there was no heating and it was freezing (there were many blankets, though), and we could hear people all night. Also, the part of the staff spoke no English and we couldn't voice our complaints. The location is father than many of the other hostels in Cuszo from the main area.

• 7th Jul 2015

This charming hostel and inn is located at the edge of Cusco's colonial district, and with the high altitude you may find yourself huffing to make it back. Nevertheless, it's brimming with charm and features an excellent staff. Showers are hot and it's a quiet environment, perfect for digesting the beauty of Cusco after a long day.”

Really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Hot showers, good wifi and nice breakfast included. Located 5 minutes from the central market and 7 mins from the main square. Fully equipped kitchen, clean toilets and comfy beds. They helped us to organise our trip to Machu Picchu on a budget. Would definitely recommend!

• 27th Jun 2015

Nice hostel, friendly staff and overall good atmosphere. It gets quite cold at night in Cusco, so make sure to bring warm jumpers etc! To get to the bathrooms you have to walk through the courtyard (as in many hostels in Peru), which is a cold wake up in the early morning. I didn't think this was an issue at all, but it's good to know beforehand.

• 27th Jun 2015

The kitchen is a bit limited but useable. The showers are not always clean and the toilet paper in the toilets needs to be emptied.during the night It is great to have mirrors in each room and the outside tap for all to use. The courtyard was a delight in the sun during the days. The wifi was working fine for the first four days but only with phones after that. Resetting the router was a short term fix each day. Staff were cheerful and helpful always.

Good WiFi, hot showers, rooms not very cozy but ok

The place was falling apart, the low doors were a pain constantly hitting your head. The top sheets could have used an update very old and not the cleanest. Breakfast was very basic.

Very great hostel. Amazing staff. Good and clean facilities. Good location - in the center but a bit away of all the noise.

The location and atmosphere was good. We enjoyed the included breakfast. Only one staff member spoke english well, but everyone was very helpful and friendly. The space was calm, and, relaxing and very safe.

i had nothing negative to say about this hostel.

This was a very good decision in our overall experience in Peru. Good location, friendly and helpful staff. We lost our credit cards and theythey helped finding locations such as banks, Western Union offices, etc. and always asking how we were doing solving our problem. It also has good common places that boost a friendly environment and internet works fine with few interruptions. Toilets are clean, good pressure and temperature of water in showers. Rooms are spacious (we had a private double).

• 21st May 2015
  • Chile

Clean and quiet hostel. I choose this hostel because I wanted to relax before my ayahuasca retreat and made the good decision ! Will definitely recommend it if you need a quiet place.

Good: Nice courtyard in the middle. Ok breakfast. Booked a good Inca Jungle tour through them. Bad: Cold rooms. Freezing cold rooms! Bathrooms outside so they are cold too. 2 of the showers had cold water not hot. Some of the staff are incredibly unhelpful.

Really great hostel, 5 min walk from the hussel and bussel of the squares. So homely and warm, basic brekki but sufficient. Stayed twice

I didn't enjoy the atmosphere during my stay. Also one morning I was refused/ ignored for breakfast as the lady thought I had already had it. Poor wifi connection & strange showers in one of the bathrooms - just a curtain. Positives - single bed/ no bunks, lots of blankets which are needed, full length mirror and plug sockets! Pretty cheap.

Thanks for the feedback, I wish you could explain better what was wrong with the atmosphere so we can I improve it. I am sure the kitchen incident was not on purpose. Regarding the internet, on May 20th, 2015, we rewired the internet connection to the second floor it seemed that the cable was damaged and so far the internet has been working well. Regards!

This hostel is awesome! It's clean, good shower, good bed, and most importantly very friendly and helpful staff! The atmosphere is really good especially if you want to escape from touristic town. Talk to the staff, they know a lot what to recommend if you want to experience the local culture.

« first « Prev 1 2 3