8.2
Fabulous 493 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 493 Total Reviews
Atawkama Hostel Located at Calle Fierro 534, , Cusco.
Peru
Cusco Calle Fierro 534
82% 493
-13.5165650 -71.9859945
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Jul 2016

I had a great time in ATAWKAMA, thank you very much Rony, I arrived early to the hostel, and they received me very kindly, it was very cold but Rony offered me a coca tea which was great ... I forget my phone in the taxi but helped me find it again... I recommend ATAWKAMA HOSTEL

• USA, Male, 31-40
20th Jul 2016

Had a wonderful few days at Atawkama. Really loved the central garden area, was a very nice place to relax, and the rooms are both much larger than other hostels I stayed at on the area, and much comfier with a quirky style. It was also nice they offer omelets for only two soles - I took them up on that every day I was there! Would highly recommend the place.

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2016

The hostel was very helpful, looking after our bags whilst we went on the Machu Picchu trek. The rooms were spacious, albeit a bit cold in the evenings, and the bathrooms were of a decent standard. The inclusive breakast consisted of bread, jam and tea but eggs could be purchased for an additional few soles. Overall this hostel was lovely.

• England, Couple, 18-24
10th Jul 2016
7.1

Really nice place to stay but not much of a 'communal' vibe. Great spot easy walking distance to the main square. Has a kitchen but it's teeny and the oven is locked shut.

• England, Couple, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Very friendly hostel staff, clean, spacious rooms and free breakfast in a great location in Cusco. Would recommend.

2nd Jul 2016

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is a short walk to the main square. Blankets are warm and my bed was comfortable, so no sore back. Grocery store near by and the hostel has a kitchen for guests to use. This is a nice hostel for relaxing and meeting like-minded travellers. If you are looking for a party you won't find it here, people still congregate for drinks and conversation, but they also respect quiet time from 11pm onward. I recommend this hostel!

• michellouise
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016

Cute, homely place with comfy and warm beds. Simple breakfast but you can add eggs cooked to your liking for 1 sole. The staff who do breakfast always add a fruit juice or fruit bowl so it's not just bread and jam every day. Great for what you pay! Free baggage storage is awesome if you're trekking or doing tours. The courtyard is a nice hangout during the day. Bathrooms were always clean and showers hot, a must in Cusco!

30th Jun 2016
6.3

This is a a bit of a walk from the main plaza. The place itself was cool however a little bit rowdy for our liking. We didn't always have hot water and there was a lot of people so showers weren't always available. Wifi was also iffy in our room. Staff was really rude in the kitchen.

• aaronricewilliams1216
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Jun 2016
6.0

First of the good parts are the location being close to everything, and nice enough staff. My issues however are the fact the blankets never got cleaned between guests, and as a result I'm now covered in bites from what I expect are possibly fleas. The fast internet they advertise isn't real, and it's as slow as you should expect of Cusco. Confusion with checkin also as my deposit wasn't completely taken off the total, which seemed odd.

We always change the blankets of everyguest that checks out, it should have been an misunderstanding. We dont beleive we have fleas, however, after your comments, we fumuigated the room involved in the issue just in case. We have two of the best routers and the fastest internet available in Cusco, but the internet company has limitations as you know. Regarding the deposit, i wished you had brought it up to the manager, we will never denied you a refund or hold your deposit for no reason. Thanks for the comments they help us improve!

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
27th Jun 2016
4.9

The room was very cold (with no possibility to heat it) and had a stench/bad smell in it we couldn't get out. One shower couldn't be locked, the other one was extremely filthy. Sometimes the wifi was down. We booked for 3 nights but ended up staying only one.

As much as we want to and as you probably saw in the hostels in South America, and independent heating system in each room would not be economically feasible for a $8 dorm.; however, we make sure we provide enough blankets (feather and wool) so you can have a pleasant night. The bathrooms are clean in a constant basis from 7am. Thank you for the feedback!