Atawkama Hostel Reviews

Calle Fierro 534, Cusco, Peru

A really nice hostel with friendly staff! The hostel looks beautiful! And is a few minutes walk to the center. We stayed in the double room and loved it :) The only thing to keep in mind is that the toilets and shower are located outside, so in the night you have to go outside, but we didn't mind.

Wifi worked !!!, hot showers, rooms and bathrooms clean although cold at night. The breakfast was ok and the staff was very helpful, not a party hostel. I will come back, i think is a pretty good value for my money :)

• 29th Aug 2014

Affordable, clean, quiet, conmfortable and very warm place, I totally recommend it!

• 29th Aug 2014

It s fantastic hostel! really good atmosphere! we had problem with our flight and and the staff helped us excellent staff thank u so much

The hostel is a short 5-10 minute walk away from the center, in a safe and quiet neighborhood. The hostel is spacious and has a computer/TV room, and outside seating. We stayed in one of the private rooms upstairs, which had wooden floors and got pretty cold at night and the doors didn't fully close at night. Breakfast was average for Peru. The staff is wonderfully nice and helpful; we had a small medical emergency during our stay, and everybody was extremely accommodating and understanding.

stay in this hostel was comfortable and pleasant. the rooms are clean, the toilets too. good breakfast prepared by Ale, good and disponibile.Maju at reception helped us solve a problem related to ceck in a flight, which has demonstrated professionalism and friendliness.

• 12th Aug 2014

Such a cool place. Relaxing, sunny, cute patio area, tv, internet..everything we needed. Just a street up from San Pedro Market, and close to the Plaza de Armas. This is the place we're staying at from now on when in Cusco.

It's got a nice charm, not in the greatest neighborhood but still close to everything and definitely safe before dark (we walked back fairly late 10-11ish but might not have wanted to alone). Good breakfast and friendly staff. The rooms got pretty cold but there were plenty of blankets.

Lovely, relaxed place 7-9 min walk from Plaza del Armas. Good, helpful staff, towel rental 3 soles, backpack Storage for free, basic, but good breakfast. Nice stay, no Party Hostel,I liked it a lot.

Good location aruonda 10 minute walk from the square, with a nice internal court yard. A chilled hostel to relax in without much noise.

Quite a walk from the city center, specially considering Cusco is a small city and everything is walking distance. Restrooms were always dirty, and there was never any hot showers, which was an issue considering the cold weather.

I let the hostel know that I would be arriving at 05:30 AM and thought this would not be a problem as there is supposedly 24hr reception. After the taxi dropped me off at 05:30 AM coming from the bus station I rang the doorbell and banged on the door for ten minutes and nobody opened the door! I then took a taxi to the mariott and had coffee there until 7 AM when I returned to Atawkama and someone opened the door. Apart from that great wifi ans friendly staff

Atawkama is situated on Calle Fierro, a short walk from the famous San Pedro Market, which is itself a few blocks from the main Plaza de Armas - the centre of all the historical old city action. Cusco is a wonderful city, balancing modern amenities and top restaurants, cafes & bars within an ancient landscape. The hostel is friendly and comfortable, albeit - like most everywhere else here - freezing at night. Wifi was spotty at times. Water was generally hot. I'd stay here again.

I had great time at the Hostel. It was bit cold, but there were enough blankets. Edson the tour agency guide was very helpful and gave me a GREAT PRICE! I would recommend MACHUPICCHU TRILOGY ADVENTURES. They were tentative to my needs and tailored my trip. Location is good but a bit of walk to the plaza.

I loved this hostel for it's atmosphere, staff, and location in a quiet neighborhood. Stayed for four days prior to a trek and another four days after. Breakfast is simple. Beds are comfortable. Hot (warm) water is finicky but usually present, which is not much different from any other place. Excellent place.

The wifi didn't work when we arrived and it is a bit more of a walk from the main plaza than some of the other hostels. Each time I tried to have a shower there was an issue with the hot water but in the end they managed to get it working. Toilets were a problem though, the cisterns didn't work so they were constantly filled with big turds until the lady manually flushed them with a bucket in the morning.

Good place - a little but not too far from the centro (plaza de armas), and really beautiful inside the hostel. The only problems I could mention were - 1) The internet was a little slow, and 2) Shared bathroom is on a seperate floor

Awesome!!, it went above my expectations in terms of price to quality

• 4th Jul 2014

Staff was very helpful. They would come outside and help carry the heavy bags to the room. I liked the style and the old house very cuzsquenian like. Overall represents good value for money.

• Argentina

No real complaints about this hostel, I mean breakfast was good liked the fresh coffee, rooms cofy, clean in general, etc. As a hiker, I totally appreciated the quiet nights, the hot showers and the one on one attention. This hostel is relatively small and i sensed they truly wanted to help the staff is pretty nice, big props to that. See you soon Atawkama.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4