Atawkama Hostel Reviews

Calle Fierro 534, Cusco, Peru

staff is friendly. not everyone is speaking english though. continental breakfast is okay. showers are mostly hot, sometimes you only get some drops, when someone uses the shower next to you. atmosphere is perfect and courtyard aswell. all in all good value!

I loved my stay at this cozy and relaxed home.After travelling alone for several months, I found there the perfect place to just relax and enjoy Cusco! The staff is very nice, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast very good with a different delicious juice everyday, two croissants/peaces of bread and coffe/milk. The environment with other guests is great, very different from silly party hostels! I highly recomend Atawkama Hostels :)

• 12th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Clean, comfy, very nice staff, beautiful place in general (feels like a little village), good breakfast (add 1 sol for an egg), ok wifi, located in a quiet street a few blocks from the city center. Very good value for money, I would recommend it.

The bed was comfy and showers good. like its own little village which is cute. Unfortunately we had to leave before breakfast but we used the kitchen- small but good. The staff didn't know that much, e.g. said the inka museum was 30 but it was 10 soles. The guy was fast asleep at reception at about 10pm and someon was knocking to get in for a good few mins! eventually we woke him up to let them in.. what if it was a sole female traveller who was being followed or sthg? It's not a busy street...

Very laid back hostel. 10-15 min walk to the plaza. No storage for your bags in your rooms

Staff tried to bribe me with a cheaper room rate (S18 rather than S22) for a good hostelworld review, which I didn't agree to, but otherwise they were friendly and helpful (they gave me back a large sum of money that I accidentally left behind openly in my room). Also helpful for getting info on tours etc, comparable rates to the touts in town. Breakfast is basic, with eggs for S1 extra each (which is a rip-off). And they are reluctant to give you juice refill.

All was OK for that money, just one thing what change my mind about this hostel was that after check out at 10 am we went to bus station to buy bus ticket and we forgot in the room bag of food with unopend stuff. We left our luggage in the storage so they knew we are coming back. After 2 hours we got back and bag with our food was gone. We asked staff where is it and guy said he left it in the kitchen as a free food??but in the kitchen was nothing, so he said that probably cleaner took it??

Super Cosy hostel, nice helpful staff. If you don't want a party hostel but still a social hostel, then Atawkama is perfect. We stayed here for almost week. It was no problem storing our bags while we did Machu Picchu. The breakfast is bread, coffee/tea, smothie and you can buy egg for 1soles.

First hostel I've seen in SA that doesn't have bunk beds. Funky little hostel with a Greek feel to it. Great staff (that speak English) and brand new patio furniture - they literally bought it today... There's a tree in the garden that a humming bird visits several times a day. Most nights there's people from all nationalities sitting around talking and drinking wine. Only downside is it's a little far from everything and it's all uphill! But there's everything you need in surrounding shops :)

This was one of the cleanest and most comfortable stay while I was in Peru. Staff members were very helpful and give you great advise on tours and what to see/do in Cusco as well as peripheral regions. Breakfast was a-ok, I just ate at recommended cafe near the plaza. Super secured and the area was quite safe to walk even at night...a bit of a walk from the central square was a slight downside but this also means the area was very quiet. Small community style hostel with nice courtyard garden.

Nice hostel close to the San Pedro market. Always cleaned bathrooms with hot water. Nice breakfast with homemade juice too. We booked our trip trough the hostel too and it was such a good trip. Staff is very helpful.

• 21st Oct 2015
  • Denmark

Good location, close to the main part, nice friendly staff, but we hated the part that we had to go out to get in the shower, also the rooms were cold and the wifi no good.

The hostel was really good. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are always clean. You get Fresh juice every morning. Good service. Friendly staff. The atmosphere is pretty calm. The value for money is perfect. And it's just 10 minutes to the plaza and it's close to San Pedro market.

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Egypt

Nice place with helpful and friendly staff. Good walking distance to all of the main attractions and city squares. Quiet neighbourhood. Some less positiv things was for one, that the lock on my door was broken from the inside so at least the first night felt a bit unsure as the door could not be locked properly. However, nothing happened so the remaining nights felt secure. Also, ask for rooms on the bottom floor as they are closer to the few toilets that the hostel has.

We arrived quite late at night and found it difficult to find the hostel. Although secure from the outside, our private room door lock was broken so we could not lock our door whilst we slept. The bathrooms when we arrived were absolutely disgusting and there was no hot water. Sheets were dirty. Breakfast was basic but enough. No atmosphere at all. Would not recommend.

Only few minutes walk from Plaza and centrum, but in very quiet street. Shops and simple restaurants around. Security should be a bit better - no one is checking people coming just after using the door bell. Not all staff is speaking english. Shower is REALLY hot, very usefull especially after some treks. Breakfast is included but could be better. Good wifi.

The staff guy gave me good advice about where to go to buy some essentials I needed. Decent facilities, pretty nice courtyard. Good price for a private room. I didn't like them grabbing an extra 50% from me on the sly for my taxi to Poroy. Your hostel should call you a damn taxi for free. Sleazy. Sometimes the bathroom smelled terrible because it's a toilet paper in the bin place, and they don't always empty the bins often enough.

Very nice hostel.

10 minute walk to the square, nice rooms but toilets are a little far away because if you are upstairs you have to come down which is annoying at night. Great staff, simple good breakfast, doesn't have the best rates for booking tours. Amazing showers

i love atawkama hostel the staff is very helpful ,the location is great. They do a free breakfast of bread, spreads, coffee/teas and fruit juice . There's laundry facilities and a bag drop. and also they have a nice kitchen if you want to cook a lunch or dinner . i Booked a good salkantay trek to machupicchu tour through them Wonderful stay with homely feel