Atawkama Hostel Reviews

Calle Fierro 534, Cusco, Peru

i love atawkama hostel the staff is very helpful ,the location is great. They do a free breakfast of bread, spreads, coffee/teas and fruit juice . There's laundry facilities and a bag drop. and also they have a nice kitchen if you want to cook a lunch or dinner . i Booked a good salkantay trek to machupicchu tour through them Wonderful stay with homely feel

The location could be better but the rest of the things make this place excellent. Good breakfast, nice common area and cleanliness make it a place to repeat.

Rooms are super cute. We had a private and it's like living in a cottage. The showers and bathrooms not very clean. Lots of hair in the shower drains and no toilet paper many times. Staff is nice. Area is cute. Location is good. Near a very different Cuzco. A local Cuzco. Was nice to see two sides of the city.

A more relaxed hostel, what its missing in the living room is a Video Game Console though. Otherwise excellent Hostel 4/5

Nice location, helpful staff, but room was freezing as door didn't shut properly and it opened straight onto the courtyard - this also made it very noisy.

Funky little hostel with almost everything most travelers are looking for. My group wished for more reliable internet. Even the computers provided by the hostel would loose the internet connection. However that is not a priority for some, so it is a minor flaw. Rooms stayed pretty cold throughout the day, but if you have more than one person in the room, they seemed to warm-up a bit at night.

Super friendly and helpful staff, when my boyfriend needed help for a doctor they were super friendly and seemed to really care about his well being. Really nice experience

Nice hostel when passing through to Machu Picchu. Allowed us to leave luggage free of charge while we were on the Salkantay trek.

My single dorm room hostel at this place was lovely and brightly-decorated. I slept great. My single complaint was that the lock/door was difficult to close at times. The showers here were communal--one toilet and two showers with curtains that did not lock. The crowed when I stayed seemed to be older. They stayed up late drinking, but also discussing politics and religion loudly. Not quite dancing/loud music as some other hostels. Wifi connections tended to be rough in Cusco, here too.

The hostel was great, with basic breakfast, hot showers, a nice courtyard for hanging out, good beds and a great volunteer who we partied with.

I enjoyed Atawkama for rest. The TV room is nice and the facilities are good. The wifi is horrible, there was a moment when it doesn't let anyone connect to it. Location is nice, no more than 20 minutes walking from main square. It's a nice option to stay in Cusco.

The staff at Atawkama were super friendly and helpful. The showers were hot and the beds comfy.

The staffs were amazing. They were able to switch the days that I booked because I mistakenly booked the same days for my trek to Machu Picchu. It was a very nice gesture. Aside from that, the facilities were great, although the only thing I wasn't excited about is the bathroom being out in the courtyard -- maybe only an issue during the winter, but it's not too bad. I also want to say my regards to Martha, for being welcoming, and making me feel home.

• 19th Jul 2015

The hostel itself was fantastic. Very homey, clean, and very cozy. The older lady that was usually in charge of breakfast (small, 2 buns with butter/jam and some tea or coffee) was always extremely happy/nice every morning. The other staff were all friendly and helpful as well. The walls being so thick made wifi almost impossible to get in almost any room. We had to either go into the kitchen/reception area, or into the living area to get it. Overall, I would stay here again, it's great.

The staff at Atawkama Hostel are all very nice and helpful. They will give you their honest opinion about the different tours. The hostel is nice and quiet with a relaxed atsmospher. Great place to socialize with other travellers and exchange experinces. I highly recommend staying at Atawkama Hostel.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The first night we arrived there was no running water. The room we were staying in had two beds. One of them was completely concave, which made sleep impossible. What added to the bad night sleep was the fact that there was no heating and it was freezing (there were many blankets, though), and we could hear people all night. Also, the part of the staff spoke no English and we couldn't voice our complaints. The location is father than many of the other hostels in Cuszo from the main area.

• 7th Jul 2015

This charming hostel and inn is located at the edge of Cusco's colonial district, and with the high altitude you may find yourself huffing to make it back. Nevertheless, it's brimming with charm and features an excellent staff. Showers are hot and it's a quiet environment, perfect for digesting the beauty of Cusco after a long day.”

Really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Hot showers, good wifi and nice breakfast included. Located 5 minutes from the central market and 7 mins from the main square. Fully equipped kitchen, clean toilets and comfy beds. They helped us to organise our trip to Machu Picchu on a budget. Would definitely recommend!

• 27th Jun 2015

Nice hostel, friendly staff and overall good atmosphere. It gets quite cold at night in Cusco, so make sure to bring warm jumpers etc! To get to the bathrooms you have to walk through the courtyard (as in many hostels in Peru), which is a cold wake up in the early morning. I didn't think this was an issue at all, but it's good to know beforehand.

• 27th Jun 2015

The kitchen is a bit limited but useable. The showers are not always clean and the toilet paper in the toilets needs to be emptied.during the night It is great to have mirrors in each room and the outside tap for all to use. The courtyard was a delight in the sun during the days. The wifi was working fine for the first four days but only with phones after that. Resetting the router was a short term fix each day. Staff were cheerful and helpful always.

« first « Prev 1 2 3