Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Fantastic staffs!

My stay at Athens Backpackers was great. The location is prime, right near many of the sites. They also offer a good walking tour with an archaeologist for 6 euro which was a way to see the sites, meet some of the other travellers, get some history and explore different areas than I would have found on my own. The staff were also great, very friendly and cool. Free breakfast is buns, jam or butter, hard boiled eggs, coffee/tea. I'd stay here again.

• 24th May 2015

I loved this hostel, its location is close the principles sightseeing, the breakfast was nice, my bedroom ( 6 mix people) was comfortable and there was a bathroom inside it and the staff was so kind, they offer me a space to keep my suitcase and take rest before the time to check -in.

Everything you need in one very convenient location! Facilities were clean and well kept, staff were helpful and had good recommendations for things to do/eat

Great location, really couldn't get any better. Breakfast wasn't very great but it's free so can't really complain. Roof top bar was always great fun. Would recommend for sure.

Great place, very spacious. Rooftop bar is awesome! My one complaint was the wifi didn't work during our entire stay, making it difficult to plan things.

staff, atmosphere lovely..the roommates and everybody. It was a stay.

• 12th May 2015

Overall good stay, location is prime right near the main historical sites and there's a sweet rooftop bar to relax in the happy hour time of day. We were disappointed in the restrooms, where we experienced a broken toilet and shower in the course of a 3-day stay. Staff friendly and helpful.

While Athens Backpackers is better than some other hostels in Athens, I did not think that it was nice enough to justify the cost per night. My bed was more than double what I paid at a competing hostel, and while AB was definitely cleaner and nicer than that one, I don't think those things alone justified the cost. The interned only worked for about 30 minutes of my two day stay here, the breakfast was ok but not amazing, and the rooms could have used more charging ports and better pillows.

Negatives: Rooms do not have enough outlets, and most bunks do not have an outlet nearby. The shower curtains are so close to you that they stick to you when you shower. The bunks creak when either person moves. The lockers in the dorms are not large enough to fit a large backpack. Positves: Great location, easy to reach by metro, welcome shot, very social crowdm good rooftop bar

Awesome place! Great location with great views of the Acropolis from their rooftop bar. Wifi everywhere (when it's working). Laundromat and bar/Cafe at nearby Athens Studios too. Staff are super helpful as well. Definitely recommend!

The rooms were nice and clean but the breakfast could be a lot better.

• 8th May 2015

Overall, I had a really great stay at this hostel. The rooftop bar was ideal for meeting other travelers and the location was fantastic. My only complaint is that during my 3-night stay, the front desk could not seem to figure out which room I was supposed to be in and ended up moving me to a different room each night.

The tour in the morning for 6 euro was a good way to meet people. George was great, knew a lot and we got a better sense of how to navigate the city. Although initially difficult to find, if you follow the directions explicitly, you find it on the first try. Everything is super close which is fantastic, including the metro and syntagma square with the express bus to the airport, and all the ancient ruins. Staff were helpful with all our questions, wifi worked in rooms, luggage storage great!

My stay at the hostel was great. But, the first night a girl from another room stayed in our room, so one of the girls couldn't sleep in her own bed. I don't know how they resolved this issue. Then, the floor of the bathroom wasn't cleaned once. Nor the bathroom itself, it looks like. The beds were comfy, and there was enough room for bags. The only reason I chose this hostel is because od the rooftop bar, which is amazing. The girls in my room were all very friendly and nice. But it is pricey.

• 1st May 2015
  • Serbia

It was in an amazing location! All the main attractions were within walking distance. Upon arrival they offer you complimentary drink at their roof top bar! Prices of food are also good (9euros or so). and they are very helpful, my sister lost her baggage and the girl spent about 20 minutes calling around trying to locate it! Very clean rooms also. Overall I would recommend it

The hostel had a great atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly from the staff to the guests staying there. The rooms were clean and the facilities were fairly clean as well. It was an overall good experience.

Excellent location, with a great view of the Acropolis from the rooftop bar. Right beside a busy street with tons of restaurants (but on a quiet side street far enough away that you don't get noise) , 10mins walk from the entrance to the Acropolis and less than 5mins walk from a metro station. Very friendly and helpful staff, who helped us with some good tips on a few day trips. Only niggle would be slow WiFi but that could be the amount of ppl trying to use it :-) Would def recommend.

Couldnt be happier at this hostel. Drinking on the rooftop with the owner ed was a treat. As ive never seen an owner before. Met some amazing new mates there as well. Def come back when in athens again

Nothing else to say than I had a very pleasant stay !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5