Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Great experience! Clean hostel, friendly staff, met some cool people. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Athens again.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I was transferred to Athens Studio, so this is what I am commenting. Staff is friendly, helpful. Beds are average for this kind of hostel, i.e.not very comfortable. Kitchenette's a nice touch, but the fridge was noisy. Shower very impractical: no separation on the floor, so the bathroom is flooded. Breakfast isn't good. The pub attached to it has fun activities and the way the terrace occupies the whole pavement fosters socialising. I'd probably search something else first but I could come back.

Everything is very good, but the internet is bad in the rooms.

Good location. Breakfast was a joke. Some staff members should change jobs.

Very noise roommates, so not the hostel's fault. The sheets and pillows had stains on them and there are no free lockers available. I couldn't enjoy the free breakfast as I had to leave early in the morning. Location is very good and conveniently located.

• 7th Jan 2015

This hostel is nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only cons about this place were that the room's electricity ran on a card. My friend and I were only given 1 card; we should have been given 2, especially when someone leaves the room. Breakfast was included but wasn't good (boiled eggs, piece of bread, poor ppl food - but at least it was something).

This hostel is gold! The location is literally a 3 minute walk from the Acropolis. There are cute restaurants along the street, but you can also walk a few more minutes and get to some less touristy areas. We had to change our plans a few times and the staff worked well with using were friendly and helpful about the city. The dorms were some of the more spacious ones I've stayed in. Overall it was a fantastic experience.

Excellent location. It is right off of the Acropolis and Acropoli museum. Walking distance from other main attractions. The facilities are great with lots of room space.

A nice apartment smack in the middle of Athens from which you can walk down to all the attractions..

The room was nice. But a small problem in the toilets that needs to be fixed. The water from the shower fills the whole floor of the toilet.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Regardless of the quality of its sister hostel, which was disappointingly poor, if I had wanted a room at Athens Studios, I would have booked a room at Athens Studios. If Athens Backpackers is closed in the winter due to renovations, then they shouldn't be taking bookings. And they definitely shouldn't be informing customers of the closure only upon arrival.

Very nice hostel with a hell of location, just besides the Acropolis. They needed to change us to another building because of problems with the heater, and they were very attentive in explaining and making us confortable. We had a room in an almost-flat, with own its kitchen, common room and bathroom, which was awesome. Recommended.

LOVED this hostel! Location was great, loved how the rooms, breakfast, bar, and laundry was all right there next to each other. Great place if you want to meet people. Staff was extremely helpful and super accommodating. Rooms had their own bathroom, small kitchenette and a common area to hang out. Would definitely recommend!!

This is an incredible hostel. What with its central location, comfortable rooms, customised kitchens and very helpful staff. I would totally recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to explore Athens.

I was there during the winter, so the actual backpackers part of the hostel was shut down. We stayed at the studio hostels. It was pretty decent. Nothing spectacular. No real tours booked and not very activities, but not a bad place to stay considering the location is at the foot of the Acropolis. All in all Athens is AMAZING, so wherever you have to stay just get there.

• 11th Dec 2014

It was the best hostel experience I ever had in Europe.

My absolute favorite hostel. Everyone who travels to Athens should stay here. Wonderful location and people!

Great hostel, stellar location

All is well except for the late night shouts/noises from the bar. Nothing wrong with that. I was looking for a break from work and some good sleep but turns out that was not possible because I chose the wrong hostel for my stay. If a guest is looking for a calm sleeping atmosphere, maybe he/she should look for other options.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place that I would highly recommend! I know Athens well and this hostel is excellent! -one recommendation… I think your hostel should recommend to your guests a day trip to Hydra as well as Sounion, Delphi etc, that are on your informations sheets and by staff. Thanks again! Nick from Sydney. :)

• 4th Dec 2014