Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

This hostel was absolutely INCREDIBLE! Everyone who worked there was very friendly and had great suggestions for where to visit and good restaurants. I travel often and this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! I was there the weekend of Greek Orthodox Easter, so I was worried about having nothing to do. However, they had a get together on the rooftop bar and roasted a lamb! Everyone went upstairs and enjoyed the beautiful view with delicious food!

Really liked this hostel, amazing location. Did NOT feel like the walking tour was worth 6 euro, could have been more informative/ comprehensive.

We actually got booked in Athens Studios. They didn't tell us that we would be at a different location if we needed a private room, so it was a little hard to meet people. That being said, the apartment we got was huge and incredibly close to all the sights.

Good hostel, cool people, great location. All you can ask for.

As a solo traveller this place was great for meeting new people. Staff are also great and extremely helpful.

tThe location was ideal and the staff were very friendly and very helpful! Our room was clean and things seemed well maintained. The common room was a great place to meet new people from all over! The wifi was strong in the rooms and the common areas. Breakfast was provided which was shocking and pleasant (Bread, boiled eggs, etc - I'm not a breakfast person at all so I didn't eat) and coffee/tea (unfortunately instant coffee and not black tea) was provided! Lovely place!

WiFi was bad.

Excellent! Highly Reccommended All to this place.

Wifi here was very weak. I and my friends couldnt use the internet since the wifi was weak. so we had to use at the lobby

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

The staff (receptionist) at the Backpacker was great, but the staff at the Studio could be more warm-hearted. And the breakfast was toooooooo simple when compare with other hotels.

The staff were great, including those in the Fish Cafe, the Bar and the Front Desk. The staff on the Front Desk were always welcoming and were able to assist me with all my queries. The rooms were excellent value for money (I stayed at Athens Studios) and the hostel is in an excellent locaiton. I really appreciated all the help and tips Athens backpackers presented on booking online; the straight forward directions were a god send and I appreciated the tips about pickpockets and scammers.

The room we had for just two of us was extremely nice and a great price for the room.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

There's no lobby at studios so it's hard to meet people. The bar downstairs is a little pricey and the breakfast is not much to talk about. The showers are a bit gross because there is no separation from the rest of the bathroom so the water goes everywhere. That being said, the staff was nice and the stay wasn't bad. The room was pretty clean. It was a bit pricey, all things considered.

Staff was great and the atmosphere was awesome

Great atmosphere. Our walking tour guide Walter was hilarious and was very knowledgeable. I would gladly stay there again. Rooftop has a nice view of the Acropolis.

Staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful and full of fun suggestions. My only complaint is that there are no lockers. Otherwise it was perfect. Great location, very clean, and the atmosphere was perfect!

This hostel is in a great location for pretty much everything you want to do in Athens. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, I'd definitely go back.

The Sports Bar had fantastic events. Ranging from Karaoke Night to watching soccer games and pub quizzes. The room was kept clean and all staff were friendly and ready to help you. Excellent location, just minutes walk away from the Acropolis! I had a fantastic stay.

• 15th Mar 2015

The studios were great! Perfect for a couple and enjoyed the bar downstairs, breakfast was small but it was free! Very close to the Acropolis and metro!

The rooms are spacious, the staff is very helpful. Location is alright, close to the Acropolis. The roof top bar wasn't open unfortunately but I went up for the view. It lacks a cosy common area. The fridge in the kitchen made a lot of noise so not great for a good conversation. The touristy street right behind the hostel was a bit annoying to walk through. You had to pass through each time to reach the Athens sports bar which had some deals with the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6