Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

I was really annoyed that nowhere during the booking it said which hostel you actually get - be aware that there are two! Athens Backpackers and Athens Studios. They are just two blocks apart, but there is a huge difference. I got into the Studios, which is more like apartments. When I entered the "dorm" there was a french family with 3 kids having breakfast. They booked 5 out of 6 beds so I should fill up the 6th bed. Which wasnt done yet-Seriously? After some complaining they changed at least.

2 locations. A bitconfusing which one to go to. Studios has no common area, only tables at restaurant. Backpackers has a better social atmosphere. But rooms in studios are clean and new. Stove and refrigerator in the dorms was nice!

Great location, good events for the nights however they were kind of empty. The Athens Studio is a lot nicer, facilities however backpackers was fine for a night. The facilities were kind of average however they did have a roof bar and organise walking tours etc. Cleanliness was decent however not amazing. Makes a good stop over before you move on to the islands.

I think it would be a good idea to have power outlets available to people sleeping in the upper bunk bed. Otherwise, no complains about the room facilities :)

This hostel was amazing and incredibly accommodating ! They have literally thought of everything the average backpacker needs and had made it available. We visited briefly, flying in and then leaving to go island hopping- the 24 hour receptions was a big help !

Amazing staff

• 15th Jul 2014

Breakfast is included in the price which is ideal. A downfall is that there are no lockers in the hostel rooms so does lack security. The location on the other hand is very central, ideal for tourist attractions. The hostel is clean and well presented, and the roof top bar allows for a lively atmosphere. Overall a enjoyable stay!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar was the perfect place to spend happy hour for great views of the Acropolis and for meeting other travelers. We ate dinner at the restaurant at Athens Studios, the company's other location, and had a great time playing pub trivia at the bar!

Stayed here for a night in layover. Near train station but difficult to locate. I was put in the studios and not the hostel which was disappointing but has the benefit of a full kitchen and I had the 6 bedroom apartment to myself. Rooftop bar and sportsbar are great, overlooking the Parthenon.

Our stay at Athens Backpackers was short, we only stayed for 1 night. We were in the studios building and not the hostel. The location was the best part of our stay here, really close to a lot of the ancient attractions as well as good restaurants. The wifi works well. The room itself was okay, but not as clean as I would have liked. The pillows were dirty and I found a hair in my bed.

Great hostel for a quick stay - mix of apartments, dorms, etc. Includes 2 bars (one with a rooftop view of the Parthenon), laundry facilities, 2 restaurants, and more. Loved it!

We had an absolutely fantastic time with Athens Backpackers, staff were very helpful and friendly, location and facilities were spot on. Free shot of Ouzo on arrival too! We took advantage of the great value for money 6euro walking tour as well as the great events at the sports bar.

Amazing location in the acropolis area. Staff super helpful. Rooms were clean but the bathrooms for the dorms were always wet and not cleaned very often.

Good: close to metro, Plaka/Acropolis, and airport bus at Syntagma. Free coffee. View from roof bar. Most of staff. Eggs at breakfast, not only bread, good wifi. Not: my room had no lockers, it also didn't have the extra sink that others did, Stairs are spiral without railing so going to 5th floor is tricky with luggage (elevator stops on 4). I was put on 5th floor because it was how I could get lower bunk? I asked when I first reserved and they didn't say they couldn't save one. overall okay

We wanted the remote to use our aircon, so the lady at reception gave us two different remotes to use. After using both with no success, we asked her to fix it as the rooms become extremely hot in morning. She seemed to not care, and nothing was done about it, until later on we asked a friendly male staff member, who went up to the room himself and fixed it by simply using another remote. Poor customer service by that lady indeed, but the man was genuinely concerned and very helpful.

great place to stay for anyone on a budget

It is a clean hostel which located near Acropoli, but there is not enough charge plugs in the room.

Might have been just my room but there was no luggage lockers or security storage places. I also may have not gotten a full walk through so that May have been looked over. Only comment though!

Staff we're disorganized and not knowledgable, bathroom way to small for 6 person door. Breakfast was awful. Room was clean and location decent

Great location and an awesome roof top bar from which you can see the Akropolis. Bar staff super cool. Walking tour with a knowledgeable person on Athens history. You can't go wrong with this place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6