Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

The hostel is very close to the Acropolis and Plaka area. You are welcomed with a shot of ouzo on the terrace bar (with view over the Acropolis). Staff is friendly. Toilets are cleaned every day. The breakfast could be a bit richer (at least milk and cereals could be added).

I absolutely love this place! I stayed in the studios, which has the ever so convenient cafe, laundromat and sports bar(with good food). Was almost right in Plaka, with Back packers right around the corner, we were welcome to the sweet roofotop bar to watch the sun set over Acropolis. Met a lot of great people here and would without a doubt stay here next time in Athens!!!

Great location, awesome roof bar (wish it was open later though!) And great walking tour! It was clean and had a very fun atmosphere!

I stayed only one night after coming back from sailcruise. I choosed bed in 4 beds room. I was suprised because I didn't know that 4 beds room has own bathrooom, small kitchen and living room. Small studio was super clean and comfy! For sure I will come back here. Location was excellent! I cant wait to visit Athens Backpackers again! :)

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Poland

I have never stayed at a hostel in a better location, walking distance to everywhere! Great hostel!

The location for this hostel is perfect. The staff are super helpful. They walking tour is great and cheap, the bar games are fun and the environment is very social. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean, lockers are available, the wifi works well,they take credit cards. Athens backpackers was a great hostel and I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Greece

Great location, happy with my time staying here. Poor showers got burnt as tempiture doesn't stay the same and the pressure is very low. Wifi also dodgy.

Perfect location. Really new and clean hostel. Little kitchenette in every room. Air conditioning! The type of hostel that exceeds expectations and probably the best in Athens you will find.

Great place!! the staff is so friendly and facilities are great!

• 10th Sep 2014

Best hostel I stayed in on my 2 month trip around Europe for sure. I stayed in the new building tho so I can't speak for the old one.

• 8th Sep 2014

This hostel was amazing. Upon arrival they upgraded our room to a suit for free. They also made a mistake when we paid and didn't take into account our deposit paid and when we talked to them about it they provided amazing service and gave us our money back. Room was clean and had a nice balcony. Amazing location. Would recommend to anyone. Awesome hostel owner!

Perfect location near sites and decent restaurants and bars. One of the best nights of sleep I've had in a hostel with very comfortable clean beds and cold air con. The hostel atmosphere is sort of odd with different buildings containing dif apartments, however the rooftop bar was hopping with a friendly bartender and a great view of the Parthenon. Hard to beat

There was a self catering kitchen in the room and a balcony. Really nice.

I really enjoyed my stay. I was greeted by friendly staff and they were helpful with directions at any time of the day. I was able to leave my luggage there prior to check in so I could explore Athens. The rooms were very clean and came with sheets and a pillow case. There was A/C but the remote was lost so we had to walk downstairs each night to borrow the remove. Location was exceptional, right in the middle of everything. Only problem - bathroom floors always wet but staff cleaned daily.

Excellent location. Friendly reception people. Loved how spacious the rooms are, couldn't find fault with the cleanliness. Would definitely recommend to friends visiting santorini!

Kitchen, breakfast, wifi, beds, bathrooms all great. HANDSOAP available! Thank you AB for that. The location is perfect. You can walk to all the archEological sites from here or catch the metro literally around the corner. Efroseenee on the roof top bar was hospitable and friendly. And she shared a lot of cool Greek facts! The view from the roof is incredible, the acropolis! Free ouzo shot on the roof! Stay here!! Thank you AB!!

6 euro tour was awesome. Enjoyed everything about this place.

Good hostels and location but it's rather annoying to specifically book Athen's Backpackers location and get sent to the other.

This hostel served its purpose as we were just passing through. Location was great as it was a five minute walk to the acropolis and other major attractions. Near some good cheap restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was hot and with air conditioner on it sounded like a jackhammer. Beds were very uncomfortable and squeaky so if anyone moved everyone could hear it. Rooftop bar had a nice view.

The large size of this hostel gives it a very commercial, almost corporate, feel to it. It's an efficiently run business, located along the canal, close to numerous subway stations. It's clean and provides an excellent breakfast. If you are looking for a quiet stay, look elsewhere - this is a party hostel. Likewise, it isn't one of those cosy 10-20 people hostels where you can't help but meet people: this hostel is huge and impersonal. That said, it was a fresh change and I would stay again.'

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7