Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

second time here, great as always

The Best hostel Ive ever stayed.Friendly staff and clean room.I stayed in Athens studious,very clean and with tasty breakfast.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Kazakhstan

Fantastic location! Clean rooms, good hostel bar with evening entertainment just 2 mins walk away.

I loved staying here!! Everything was great aside from the showers which didn't have proper doors and got the entire bathroom wet every time a shower was taken. Everything else was great though, location, staff, atmosphere. Great place especially for college students.

This hostel is great!!! I got there at 1 in the morning and there was a person to open me and to explain everything I needed to know and made me feel welcome. The location is perfect, right in the city, around the walking street, at few blocks to the Acropolis, at one block of the subway. Price is super cheap. Beackfast is ok!!! Had Karaoke night with was really fun! I did the walking tour with Justin and its really worth it, I loved it!! Best hostel to stay in Athens! Maggie from Argentina

I stayed at the studio, which was down around the corner from the other location. The sports bar and fish restaurant were down there, but other than that, not much to do in direct neighborhood. Kept seeing something about a rooftop bar but never saw it or had a staff member tell me to "check it out." It's existence is questionable, at least in April. This spot provides nice access to the Acropolis. Great room though.

Perfect location, very close to the Acropolis and other sites. Wifi signal and speed was good in our 6-female dorm on the 3rd floor. There were boiled eggs for breakfast. :-) But there was No Desk or Chair in our room and it's very inconvenient because we had to put everything on the floor or on the top of locker, and sit only on the lower bunk bed. Anyway, I will recommend this hostel for travelers to Athens.

I was upgraded to Athens Studios upon arrival. The Hostel is great. Wifi works over the whole hostel and is reasonably fast. The rooms are clean and the facilities are great. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Beds still have plastic on them, noisy especially at night. Location is good. Close to train station and other major tourist attractions.

I spent my time in Athens in one of the studios, a 6 mixed dorm with ensuite bathroom. The room was good, the bed was comfortable and the lockers were "ryanair lugagge" size, so big enough for your backpack. It had a little kitchenete that proved to be enough for the little cooking that it is prepared, the cooking smell in all the room was not so ok though.The bahtroom was spotless, with a good pressure shower and lots of hot water. A good experience. It has been a positive experience

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

PERFECT PERFECT ! VERY GOOD STAFF EXCELLENT LOCATION , GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY!!!!!!

1호점이 공사중이라 2호점은 스튜디오에서 지냈습니다 첫날가자마자 바퀴벌레...를봐서... 청결에 대한 점수가 낮아요 위치도 매우좋고 직원분들도 너무친절하시고, 하지만 벌레때문에 너무 놀랬어요ㅠㅠ

• 30th Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Just a stone's throw from the Acropolis and the metro, I couldn't have asked for a better location for my 2 day stay. Staff was really helpful and the sports bar was a fun place to chill and meet new people.

I actually stayed at Athens Studios because Athens Backpackers was under renovations. My reservation and price were honored, since they are related hostels. The room was very nice and clean, with a balcony and an en suite bathroom and shower. The sports bar on the ground floor is nice and a good way to meet people. There is a good tour of Athens put on by the hostel and the hostel is close to everything.

My friends and I ( 3 college-aged girls) visited during our spring break. We originally made plans to stay at Athens Backpackers, but because of construction, we were upgraded to Studios for free (an example of their great customer service!) The beds were comfy, the showers were hot and the breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and helpful with all the questions we had and we felt very safe here. Also, having the bar and fish cafe in the same complex were really helpful, so we didn't hav

The location was the best place to be in Athens, near the acropolis, close to the metro walking distance to plaka and Monasteraki. The hostel was clean, spacious dorms, friendly staff especially in the sports bar. Enjoyed it so much that my friend and I went back to stay after our trip round the Greek islands. Highly recommend this place

This place was absolutely fantastic - we were in a 3-bedroom suite in the Athens Studios and everything was superb. The cafè and bar were convenient and decently cheap. It had a great atmosphere; super easy to meet other travelers. Go to the night events!! The location is a quick walk from the Acropoli metro station and of course, the Acropolis. The staff was super helpful and answered any questions we had as well. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and I DEFINITELY recommend you do too!!

Really fantastic hostel! You couldn't get a better location in Athens and the bar downstairs was a great place to meet people. Rooms were clean and spacious with lots of plugs and a fridge in the room. Although breakfast wasn't free it was really cheap and had generous portions and was quite yummy (plus when I said I didn't want tomatoes or mushrooms with my breakfast he let me substitute something else in for free!).

the rooms were amazing with big windows and balconies. Very spacious and airy. They even had a kettle to boil with free coffee, tea, milk and sugar. There was a small kichenette. The free breakfast was very poor. You had to pay to get some fruit and cereal.

It was a great hostel