Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Staff was great and the atmosphere was awesome

Staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful and full of fun suggestions. My only complaint is that there are no lockers. Otherwise it was perfect. Great location, very clean, and the atmosphere was perfect!

• 16th Mar 2015

This hostel is in a great location for pretty much everything you want to do in Athens. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, I'd definitely go back.

The Sports Bar had fantastic events. Ranging from Karaoke Night to watching soccer games and pub quizzes. The room was kept clean and all staff were friendly and ready to help you. Excellent location, just minutes walk away from the Acropolis! I had a fantastic stay.

• 15th Mar 2015

The studios were great! Perfect for a couple and enjoyed the bar downstairs, breakfast was small but it was free! Very close to the Acropolis and metro!

Very clean and updated. We had a three person private and it has three twin beds, a bathroom, and a small kitchen in this very spacious room.

Great location! The room needs curtains for the windows and a longer shower curtain for the bathroom. Have to provide own lock for the lockers but things were safe in the room and hostel.

The location of the hostel is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. However, I was expecting much more following the reviews from other users. The facilities are a bit old. If you go to Backpackers, note that you won't have the bar and other services in the same building. They are located in Athens Studios, which is 5-10 min from the hostel. The area for meeting other travellers is limited to the kitchen. Don't expect a lot from the breakfast: bread, butter, boiled eggs and coffee.

Perfect location right next to Acropolis. Friendly and helpful staff and the room was very large with clean facilities!

Very nice place to stay. I met some very nice people and the place was in the perfect location.

We were told to leave our stuff in our hostel and then our cash got stolen. So that was bad and the lady at the desk had been shifty about how we should just leave our stuff in the room and then look what happens! The guy that was there when we the first night we arrived was really nice though and the food at the fishcafe was very good!!

Fantastic staff, great location, good security, easy to meet other travellers... what more could you need? Definitely would stay again.

I had a great time at Athens Backpackers. The staff there really helped out a lot with great suggestions for restaurants and directions to main attractions. The hostel is located in a fantastic place just steps away from the Acropolis and the Temple of Zeus. I highly recommend this hostel!

The hostel location is very central an convenient. Was gappy with everything except the kitchen/lobby area,the leather sofas were broken and when you sit down just dissapear in that sofa. I normally expect chillout and friendly atmosphere in the hostel.however this one lacks cosinies and the layout of lobby is terrible. The hostel only prometed its other bars which is sports bar,but would be.nice if someone will start to organize tours for hostel residents.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Lithuania

Fantastic hostel in a prime location to see a beautiful city! Friendly and accommodating staff who will lock up your valuables. Good wifi, comfortable beds and plug availability, spacious rooms and clean ensuite bathrooms. Decent enough breakfast and a great bar next door. Everyone is very sociable and makes it so easy to make friends if you're traveling alone or in a small group. Regretted that I only stayed one night and will stay again every time I am in Athens!

Awesome staff and great environment to meet other travelers! Thanks!!!

Lovely, will come again!

Located in front of acropolis, with great view from the terrace. It was a perfect stay on this hostel, I would definitely go back there. 2 small things they must improve in order to get 100% 1: socket for the upper bunk bed 2: sell snacks on the middle of the night. The kitchen closes at 23h (fair), but there is no machine that sells snacks after that. There are restaurants nearby, but if it is raining a lot you will probably be hungry untill 7:30am when the kichen opens.

Go on Australia day if you can! Great location, good hostel bar, average hostel.

Prolly one of the best hostel I ever stayed It was only 1 night but I'd love to stay more if I had a chance. Kitchen with perfect equipments. The place with a lot of couches u can chill after checking out and drop luggage. Location is nice too. It's only 20 steps away from exit of metro. I've never walked less to get to hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7