Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

I will definitely come back. The staff and location are excellent. Glad I learned about this option.

Superb location and great facilities and wifi. The rooftop bar is a plus. The staff is poor, just polite but sometimes different members gave different directions and not very helpful. A letter for me was delivered and they gave it to me 4 days after. Breakfast could be better with what they charge per bed. Anyway, i would stay here again, but i'd like that the hostel could do a bit more to gather the backpackers together.

Brekky was bread and eggs, fruit would have been good. But greatvlocation 100m to train. And walking distance to all the sights.

Just a regular hostel, the staff is usually kind, the position is reareally central and confy, I felt a little blackness of atmosphere, and the rooftop bar is quite overrated. Avoid the shared bathroom option if you can, there's only 1 bathroobathroom for 3 rooms, so generally there's quite a lot to queue

The location cannot get any better. Clean, super central with a basic breakfast where you can choose from 3 options. All with a boiled egg. The rooms are so spacious for a hostel and complete with mini fridge and stovetop. My only complaint was the hostel has no common room Except for the pub beneath it.

The hostel is nice, the staff is friendly and it´s very cool they have a walking tour for just 6€. But the floor of the bathroom was always wet because the curtain of the shower is too short (they leave a floorer for us to clean). They should definitely add some light tables for the bunk beds, with plugs because they were all far from the bed, and there is nothing to put your staff on when you go to sleep, like your cell phone or the key card. Wifi was not great, it worked so so, but it was fine

My only complaint is that I didn't know which building I was in. It would have been nice to have an email or something saying which building to walk to. Other than that, everything was great!

Really enjoyed my time in Athens Backpackers due to the location and nice staff. I found the rooms to be comfortable and secure and the rooftop bar is a fantastic place to meet people. It does not compare to a hostel you might find in Belgium or Germany but still meets every need. The walking tour for €6 was excellent value for money. The only thing i felt was that it was a little overpriced for what you get but still a very enjoyable stay.

Whilst it is not a bad hostel, felt that it lacks character or personality. The location isn't far from main historic sites but it is placed on a quiet street that has no charm. The building felt more like a sterile college dorm and I found it difficult to meet people in the common area as the common area didn't seem like much.

Great location, staff was friendly, wish the roof top bar could stay open longer!

• 21st Aug 2015

I booked Athens Backpackers, but actually stayed at Athens Studio. Felt almost like a hotel in how clean and spatious it was, but there as a great atmosphere. Definitely head to the rooftop bar at Backpackers (4 minute walk away), especially during happy hour.

Felt like the lap of luxury after 2 nights in Serbian sleeper trains. Clean and comfortable. Fantastic location. Staff friendly and helpful. Thank you for a great stay in Athens!

Great hostel, rooftop bar with awesome view, the sport bar at the other building not bad either. The walking tour is a must. Good atmosphere, easy to meet people

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Stayed here for 1 night - 6 bed dorm is very cramped with no storage space for bags. Secure lockers provided - bring your own padlock. Free breakfast provided between 7-9. A/C in the room. Rooftop bar has a great view of the Acropolis at night. The girl who ran the bar at night kicked us out after a while (was shouting at us to leave, not very nice) but we didn't know where she was intending for us to go. Luggage storage and common area available. Great location to Acropolis and other ruins.

Nice roof top bar! We were upgraded to the studios and they are really nice!

I booked Athens backpackers but when I arrived they told me to walk down to their other location Athens studios. Not really a big deal but I specifically took a taxi to that address BC my bag is quite heavy and my back was hurting. They say its a five min walk but takes longer esp in the heat of the day and a well meaning local pointed me in the wrong direction. They should tell you ahead of time, by email, if you're not at their main location. Besides that, spacious rooms and clean.

The staff was so friendly and helpful and can't thank you enough for my amazing stay.

Great location. Great people. Clean rooms. Had an awesome stay.

perfect place

Good hostel. Nice to have aircon and a little fridge in the room. We arrived at Athens backpackers but we had the studio room so were sent to the other one- about 3 min walk away. It wasn't a bad walk just would have saved us from stopping off there if there was a confirmation email to notify the different location. Minor point. The rooms were nice and clean and it was nice to have brekky and a lovely ouzo shot included in the stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7