Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

The staff were amazing and resourceful. The location is amazing with a rooftop patio overlooking the Acropolis. This is definitely worth the stay for the money paid!

• 26th Sep 2014

Great location. Central to the Acropolis and other ruins so you don't need to use the Metro unless going out in the city. As far as amenities, it was great to have a kitchen to use and free breakfast. It is a party hostel so don't expect much sleep.

Good spot . Charged us for missing our stay : 24 hour cancelation policy. Other than that great . Right next to acropolis . Guy in our room bough a girl a drink and was charges 100 euro by the bar - watch out for thrives. No common room at the building. Staff were super helpful. Would stay here again

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The location could not be any better and the staff was very helpful. The atmosphere is super fun and the roof top bar is a great way to meet people! I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone!

The hostel is very close to the Acropolis and Plaka area. You are welcomed with a shot of ouzo on the terrace bar (with view over the Acropolis). Staff is friendly. Toilets are cleaned every day. The breakfast could be a bit richer (at least milk and cereals could be added).

If youre looking for a great location in Athens where you can meet up with other people this is the place to be. Very close to the metro.

I absolutely love this place! I stayed in the studios, which has the ever so convenient cafe, laundromat and sports bar(with good food). Was almost right in Plaka, with Back packers right around the corner, we were welcome to the sweet roofotop bar to watch the sun set over Acropolis. Met a lot of great people here and would without a doubt stay here next time in Athens!!!

Great location, awesome roof bar (wish it was open later though!) And great walking tour! It was clean and had a very fun atmosphere!

I stayed only one night after coming back from sailcruise. I choosed bed in 4 beds room. I was suprised because I didn't know that 4 beds room has own bathrooom, small kitchen and living room. Small studio was super clean and comfy! For sure I will come back here. Location was excellent! I cant wait to visit Athens Backpackers again! :)

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Poland

Great place and location! Staff are really, really helpful!

Breakfast was included in the price. I expected a bit more than a bun of less then 10 by 10 cm with 2 boiled eggs. Any additional things where only available if you paid more. For me a small bun and two eggs do not meet my expectations of a breakfast. For the rest it was a great hostel.

• 15th Sep 2014

It would be nice to be told on check-in that you need a remote to turn on the air conditioning in the rooms.

I have never stayed at a hostel in a better location, walking distance to everywhere! Great hostel!

The location for this hostel is perfect. The staff are super helpful. They walking tour is great and cheap, the bar games are fun and the environment is very social. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean, lockers are available, the wifi works well,they take credit cards. Athens backpackers was a great hostel and I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Greece

Great location, happy with my time staying here. Poor showers got burnt as tempiture doesn't stay the same and the pressure is very low. Wifi also dodgy.

Perfect location. Really new and clean hostel. Little kitchenette in every room. Air conditioning! The type of hostel that exceeds expectations and probably the best in Athens you will find.

Great hostel to explore Athens, it is super close to all the major attractions and night hotspots for great greek food. The hostel is attached to a little cafe and a cool sports bar where most of the guests hang out. The rooms are big and ours even had a terrace! The breakfast is a bit light, but besides that this is a great stay.

Staff were very cordial. Very good location. Value for money. Definite will recommend to others who are looking for budget accommodation in Athence.

Great place!! the staff is so friendly and facilities are great!

• 10th Sep 2014

Best hostel I stayed in on my 2 month trip around Europe for sure. I stayed in the new building tho so I can't speak for the old one.

• 8th Sep 2014