Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

I was there during the winter, so the actual backpackers part of the hostel was shut down. We stayed at the studio hostels. It was pretty decent. Nothing spectacular. No real tours booked and not very activities, but not a bad place to stay considering the location is at the foot of the Acropolis. All in all Athens is AMAZING, so wherever you have to stay just get there.

• 11th Dec 2014

It was the best hostel experience I ever had in Europe.

All is well except for the late night shouts/noises from the bar. Nothing wrong with that. I was looking for a break from work and some good sleep but turns out that was not possible because I chose the wrong hostel for my stay. If a guest is looking for a calm sleeping atmosphere, maybe he/she should look for other options.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place that I would highly recommend! I know Athens well and this hostel is excellent! -one recommendation… I think your hostel should recommend to your guests a day trip to Hydra as well as Sounion, Delphi etc, that are on your informations sheets and by staff. Thanks again! Nick from Sydney. :)

• 4th Dec 2014

Everything was pretty much great! Awesome locations, good security, lovely staff, awesome rooftop view! They closed the backpackers for renovations/off-season, and the studios (the alternative location) had no common area, meaning early sleeping was difficult as the people sharing the room had nowhere else to drink, smoke or chat... Shower curtains that reached the ground would have made the bathrooms more pleasant too. The staff were super helpful and I'll stay again if in Athens!

I booked athens backpackers for three nights and arrived early in the morning via ferry. Since checkIn is 2 pm i had to wait 7h but could use the common room as luggage storage (like everybody else) and was invited to grap free breakfast (bread, Butter, orange marmelade and boiled eggs). They told me about the walking Tour they organize which i joined at 10 am (guide was awesome!! 6 eur). Finally in my room (elevator - yeees) was nice and clean BUT with a lot of mold! - Besides that: recommended

Amazing location, right near all the main sites. Fairly well equiped kitchen, and clean rooms. Breakfast just consists of boiled eggs and bread, definitely needs improvement.

The bathroom in my 6 bed female dorm was a only average. It was nearly impossible to have a shower without getting water everywhere. The room was also extremely humid so it took a longtime for the bathroom and the room itself to dry and dehumidify. The lockers were too small to fit a backpack or suitcase so you had to just pick your valuables to go in there. Overall though it was a good hostel in an amazing location for city sites and the metro!

This place is awesome !!! And clean!! The staff is friendly and informative, plenty of space to meet and hang out with new people and the layout of the building makes it pretty quiet. And it includes warm breakfast and tea! Best hostel I have stayed in so far!

• 24th Nov 2014

I stayed in a double bed studio with my boyfriend, it was our first night on the first vacation we took together. The location is excellent, right off of the metro. The area is nice as well. Amazing facilities, the best place we stayed at in Greece!! Even coffee and tea in our room for the morning. Would highly, highly recommend!!

• 21st Nov 2014

it was fine, thanks~

Fantastic location two minutes from the Acropolis and easy walking distance to most ancient sites. The staff was fantastic-- really helpful in answering all my questions. Rooms are spacious, breakfast is sparse (bread, jam, eggs) but nice that it is included. Paying a bit more on the weekends was worth it to me for the excellent location.

• 19th Nov 2014

it was fine, thanks~

Really nice place, close to Akropolis and metro.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

it was fine, thanks~

Got dumped off at Athen's Studios. I wish they would be upfront on where you are staying. You're staying two blocks away. If you're staying in a dorm, you'll probably wind up staying at Athen's Studios and NOT Athens Backpackers. If you're in it for the view, look elsewhere. You don't know what you're going to get.

Great place – met lots of interesting people there. Thanks!

This is my favorite hostel to date! Very nice, well kept facilities. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The bar in the studio portion of the hostel was super convenient and a great place to hang out and meet other travelers at. I traveled with three other people and we rented one of the private four person suites which was almost the same price as the dorms -- worth it!

The location is fantastic. I've been staying in a lot of hostels over the last few months and this one was by far the best. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfasts was a little bit of a disappointment but there are so many good breakfast places in walking distance it didn't really matter. I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Nov 2014