Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Had a great time here! Was my first location traveling on my own for the first time and was the best decision I made! People, staff, location and rooms were all fantastic, the best place to stay in Athens!

• 1st Jul 2015

Only stayed one night, basically a few hours because of an early ferry out of Athens, staff was super friendly and helpful! The rooms had keycards so security was good and lockable lockers if you have a lock, didn't have breakfast as we had to leave early, elevator was super tiny closet made us laugh so much to fit in it :) showers were ok but water all over the floor, almost slipped even with grippy flip flops, overall, it was ok

• 28th Jun 2015

Very nice place, totally worth the price. Close to everything important and easy to get to. The staff was lovely and very helpfull. The hostel is clean and looking good. Bathroom was clean but the shower was too small and I got water everywhere. However I highly recommend it.

nicest hostel out of the 3 we've so far stayed in, on arrival we found out we had gotten an upgrade to Athens studios, the room was very clean, the living area was really nice, enough plugs to all charge up, staff were helpful, location was perfect and was generally a lovely stay, wish we stayed longer!!! Highly highly recommend to backpackers who want to is it the main sites in Athens!!!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I stayed at the studio's which was very clean. The location was fantastic and the staff were really nice and very helpful. The only downside was there were no lockers or you could pay for a locker but it was in the basement which meant you traveled from floor to floor. Overall it was a good stay :)

Shower not easy to use. Great location. Close to sites, stores, restaurants, and laundromat. Nice sports bar. Free breakfast included.

This is by far one of the coolest hostels I've stayed in. Each room had an attached bathroom and a balcony. The wi-fi was fast and we were able to use in our rooms and the rooftop bar overlooking the Acropolis was seriously the coolest spot in Athens. Totally a good deal.

Athens Backpackers was fantastic. Clean, friendly, with good security. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Athens.

This place was very clean. We were upgraded to the Athens studios which was very nice. The staff was friendly and it was very easy to meet people on the rooftop terrace. It also had a great view of the Acropolis. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I would return if I am ever back in Athens.

Location was perfect and minutes to every major tourist spot. The Staff was very helpful and friendly, especially the rooftop bar, they helped ease visitors in and made the environment very lively. The rooms were as expected from a hostel standpoint.

Awesome hostel really good set up! Love having a balcony on the room as well :) only down would be 1 toilet and shower on my floor and probably about 25 people on the level.

Location is excellent:)

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The location is great! Very easy to get to sites and metro. The atmosphere was also great, very easy to meet other travelers and very relaxed. Only downside is if you're traveling with a large pack the lockers are a bit on the small side to fit everything in so just lock up the essentials.

Great place--fantastic location, clean, and very reasonably priced.

The hostel in general is great, but you should have more sockets to connect devices to the electricity in the rooms.

Great hostel with even better staff! Walter and Alex were very helpful and fun to talk to. The hostel is in a great location and we were able to walk anywhere we needed to go. Only downside was there weren't any lockers for our packs. The skybar during happy hour was great to meet people and learn about where everyone was traveling to and from.

• 8th Jun 2015

Rooftop bar was great.

The location was perfect and easy to get to. Wish though that we didnt have to smash the door closed when leaving the room, just slowly closing would do it.

I have lived here for seven nights spread over a fortnight and my stay was comfortable, secure. Most of central Athina is walkable from here, the staff extremely helpful with recommendations and directions. All well, except one must know the broom-dance to keep away the water from flooding the bathroom!

The location is very convenient for all the sightseeing, eating and transportation stuff. The room is big & there are enough lockers. The rooftop bar was great. The staff was nice & helpful. Little minus points: the WC was not so clean & there is only one room (combing WC & shower). Also, 3 out of 4 plugs in my room were not working, definitely not enough for 4 ppl to charge our phones.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6