Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

I was really annoyed that nowhere during the booking it said which hostel you actually get - be aware that there are two! Athens Backpackers and Athens Studios. They are just two blocks apart, but there is a huge difference. I got into the Studios, which is more like apartments. When I entered the "dorm" there was a french family with 3 kids having breakfast. They booked 5 out of 6 beds so I should fill up the 6th bed. Which wasnt done yet-Seriously? After some complaining they changed at least.

I stayed with for friends at a private room. For our surprise it also had a living room, a private wc and a small kitchen. Everything was very clean and the a/c worked fine. The only bad thing is that the shower curtain was pretty smelly, as well as the towels. Overall it was a nice place to stay, with the best locarion in athens.

2 locations. A bitconfusing which one to go to. Studios has no common area, only tables at restaurant. Backpackers has a better social atmosphere. But rooms in studios are clean and new. Stove and refrigerator in the dorms was nice!

It was awesome and the combinatin with the rooftopbar and the sports bar was great

Everything a hostel should be. 100% recommend.

Great location, good events for the nights however they were kind of empty. The Athens Studio is a lot nicer, facilities however backpackers was fine for a night. The facilities were kind of average however they did have a roof bar and organise walking tours etc. Cleanliness was decent however not amazing. Makes a good stop over before you move on to the islands.

The receptionist was very cute and funny. I asked for the restroom and she showed me the lounge area. She said i could rest anywhere i wanted.....The facilities were very clean and the rooftop bar was a great location to meet people. I would recommend this hostel and stay there again if i come to athens. Thanks to evangelia and the rest of the staff.

On the pricier side but in a really good location close to the Acropolis Museum and within walking distance to most other things. Very clean and free luggage storage and a laundromat next door which was helpful!

• 18th Jul 2014

I think it would be a good idea to have power outlets available to people sleeping in the upper bunk bed. Otherwise, no complains about the room facilities :)

This hostel was amazing and incredibly accommodating ! They have literally thought of everything the average backpacker needs and had made it available. We visited briefly, flying in and then leaving to go island hopping- the 24 hour receptions was a big help !

Amazing staff

Breakfast is included in the price which is ideal. A downfall is that there are no lockers in the hostel rooms so does lack security. The location on the other hand is very central, ideal for tourist attractions. The hostel is clean and well presented, and the roof top bar allows for a lively atmosphere. Overall a enjoyable stay!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar was the perfect place to spend happy hour for great views of the Acropolis and for meeting other travelers. We ate dinner at the restaurant at Athens Studios, the company's other location, and had a great time playing pub trivia at the bar!

Stayed here for a night in layover. Near train station but difficult to locate. I was put in the studios and not the hostel which was disappointing but has the benefit of a full kitchen and I had the 6 bedroom apartment to myself. Rooftop bar and sportsbar are great, overlooking the Parthenon.

I just spend one night but i can assure you that this hostel is a real hostel experience. Nice people and nice activities in the hostel like karaoke and party all night! Location is excellent!

Our stay at Athens Backpackers was short, we only stayed for 1 night. We were in the studios building and not the hostel. The location was the best part of our stay here, really close to a lot of the ancient attractions as well as good restaurants. The wifi works well. The room itself was okay, but not as clean as I would have liked. The pillows were dirty and I found a hair in my bed.

Great hostel for a quick stay - mix of apartments, dorms, etc. Includes 2 bars (one with a rooftop view of the Parthenon), laundry facilities, 2 restaurants, and more. Loved it!

We had an absolutely fantastic time with Athens Backpackers, staff were very helpful and friendly, location and facilities were spot on. Free shot of Ouzo on arrival too! We took advantage of the great value for money 6euro walking tour as well as the great events at the sports bar.

I only stayed on night, but it is really close to the main sites and has a nice roof top bar. The staff were friendly and helpful!

Amazing location in the acropolis area. Staff super helpful. Rooms were clean but the bathrooms for the dorms were always wet and not cleaned very often.