Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

A new, clean backpackers (at the studios) where I met some great people. I highly recommend it!

Location was AWEsome! Highly recommended :)

• 16th Jan 2014

A big hostel, the sports bar served well as a common room. I think my stay in Athens was made fun by the people I met at this hostel. Its also a fantastic location. Do the walking tour, its well worth it. Good place to meet people!

I really hope to visit again this hostel!

One of the most perfect hostel that I stayed in my life... Amazing place. I will come back so soon...

Good hostel in a great location. We stayed in a studio which had its own bathroom. The shower flooded easily though

Good location, clean rooms with balcony and half kitchen, sportsbar and restaurant. Met the chillest people here!

I stayed here (the Studios building) over Christmas and New Years and didn't want to leave! The dorm and ensuite was comfortable, new and clean. There was even a balcony. Key card access to the building and room. Charged PCs at reception, free WiFi, coin laundry and a sports bar serving reasonably priced food and drinks where you can meet other travellers.

Awesome hostel. Staff are cool and super friendly, the bar rocks, thanks Katya. Short walk from the acropolis and the rest of the sights aren't much further. Awesome atmosphere. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of shower screens, but that's quite common through Europe!

The hostel was being renovated, so we received a free upgrade to the studio rooms, which were well equipped with a bathroom and kitchen in every room, the breakfast was Ok, consisted of 2 boiled eggs and 2 bread rolls and the bar is a little pricey apart from that the location is great

I stayed at the new building, which was pretty cool. New, nice room, clean, organized, with a nice balcon and calm. There's no area for hanging around with people though.

Brilliant friendly Hostel in an ideal location by the Acropolis, Syntagma square...would definitely stay here again

at least hv some cereal, milk, chocolate for breakfast and so many mosquitos there, I killed 3-4 every nights and still there are lots which made me can't sleep well

Had a great time at this hostel! Good location and staff very easy to meet people!

Good location and a very helpful staff

Rooftop bar closed for winter but still lots of people in hostel. Great cafes, gyros and restaurants just around the corner.

Excellent location and helpful and friendly staff.

Very convenient location. Close to major attractions. Easy to get to, easy connections for day trips out of Athens, staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Roof top is fun and a good place to meet people. Rooms are clean, bathrooms require squeegee after shower due to major water leakage from showers. Kind of a mess. Breakfast is very basic, bread/toast and hard boiled eggs, but can be added to. Wifi good all over hostel. Would definitely recommend.

great room. Very conformtable. Very good location.

My stay at Big Apple was great. Awesomely helpful staff and fantastic location near the Blue Mosque and good restaurants. Rooms were clean and quiet (I stayed in a 6 person). Breakfast was included and also very good with western and traditional turkish food. Would definitely refer to a friend and return.