Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

I loved my stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The owners were also really cool to talk to. I would stay there again in a heartbeat and will tell anyone I know that is going to Athens to stay there. One of my favourite hostels so far.

All good except: Boring atmosphere off season but sports bar Free breakfast still just eggs and bread Staff although very nice and friendly, provided wrong info regarding travel within Greece with the cheapest way they told me costing 30€ more than others have done the same journey so if you include the premium for the place I spent about 37€ in nothing - not the best for your budget when travelling long term.

Nice place to stay. Right by the Acropolis and center of town. Fish Cafe has reasonable prices as well. Not much of an atmosphere but i put that down to being the quieter season. It's good to be able walk around the sites without the crowds

Such a great location! All of the important ruins are walking distance, and the subway is close by. The room was big and even had a little kitchenette. Lockers in the room were good for valuables. Wifi could be spotty in the room, but worked great at the cafe and bar. Social atmosphere was a little lacking. The bar is open to the public so it wasn't a guaranteed way to meet people. No common lounge area. Breakfast was good, just a little small.

Great location, however lacks any real atmosphere due to no common area. Breakfast was good, better than most hostels in Europe. Showers were fantastic and beds were comfortable. I thought I had booked Athens Backpackers (which is what my Hostel World booking showed), however I was sent to Athens Studios, which is only about 300 metres away.

EXCELLENT,i love this place. everything was great!!!

Great hostel and perfect location. The staff even called a taxi for me at 5:30 in the morning.

Staff was very nice and helpful!! Good Location, close to metro. I have great stay at this hostel.

the atmosphere in winter is pretty poor, and expecially as a solo traveller, it was a bit disappointing. While this said, the location and the staff really made this place worth it. I will definitely be back, this time in summer, because i think the rooftop bar looks pretty great. I will note that breakfast is not that great. But hey it's free.

Excellent backpacking experience here, the cafe n pub next door make it cool and the location is great

The staff was super friendly. I stayed at the "Studios" location, and it was great to have cheap on-site food and drinks.

Very clean and close to everywhere

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Vietnam

Perfect location right next to the Acropolis and just around the corner from the metro. Balcony was a big bonus, though maybe a cosier common area would be nice for socialising.

Nice hostel. Great views but a bit quiet for our taste

Great atmosphere just a shame the roof top bar closes in the winter...

It was like staying in a prison. Not welcoming, bare, cold atmosphere. I know this is a budget hostel, but I have paid less and felt more comfortable than I did here. I would have sacrificed the great location for a better accommodation experience.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Hi Karyn, Really sorry you felt this way about the property. Could you let us know what you felt was prison like about us? We have cool cats, travelers and backpackers from all over the world staying with us. We are always the busiest place in town and there is always good vibes and energy around. I would love to hear your feedback so we can do it even better. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Very nice hostel close to the Acropolis, easy to find and with very helpful staff.

Awesome just awesome. Close to Acropolis and touristy spots. Apartment was amazing!

The kitchen isn't enough furnished with pans (just 2, a small and a very big one) The breakfeast finish a bit too early and is very basic. at least there is one for free. The common could be more cozy.

Communal area a bit small and lacking in atmosphereShame the rooftop bar isn't open year round

• 1st Nov 2015

Hi Noel, We open the Roof bar from 6-11pm all year round for people to sit up there and relax and have a drink. We just don't have service up there as its too cold in the winter months. But we do have our famous Sports Bar open late which is where all the backpackers, travelers and locals hang out. Happy hour is 7-8pm and there is 2 euro icey beers and always sweet tunes. So next time your through let me know so I can shout you a few drinks and show you around.