Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Shower didn't drain well but was great other than that!

Well I never actually got to stay here, I booked through hostel world and when I got there they told me they had no beds. The staff did however set me up in a new hostel but I never got my deposit back. Offered me a free drink at their roof top bar so I dunno, decent I guess.

Great place, very clean and friendly. The only problem is the number of bathrooms on the floor: only one bathroom on each floor.

We stayed in the studios, really good hostel, very close to trains and yummy restaurants. Would recommend base on ease, cool roof top bar at the other backpackers and helpful staff.

• 25th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Period. Very clean, centrally located, a 6 euro walking tour that was one of the best tours I have ever had. 3 euro beer on the rooftop bar, 2 euro happy hour. Rooms were clean and staff was wonderful.

Fantastic staffs!

My stay at Athens Backpackers was great. The location is prime, right near many of the sites. They also offer a good walking tour with an archaeologist for 6 euro which was a way to see the sites, meet some of the other travellers, get some history and explore different areas than I would have found on my own. The staff were also great, very friendly and cool. Free breakfast is buns, jam or butter, hard boiled eggs, coffee/tea. I'd stay here again.

Price/quality very good, excellent location and good environment. I'll def. have you in mind in future trips.

• 20th May 2015
  • Peru

I loved this hostel, its location is close the principles sightseeing, the breakfast was nice, my bedroom ( 6 mix people) was comfortable and there was a bathroom inside it and the staff was so kind, they offer me a space to keep my suitcase and take rest before the time to check -in.

Everything you need in one very convenient location! Facilities were clean and well kept, staff were helpful and had good recommendations for things to do/eat

Perfect location right next to the Acropolis station and the Acropolis! Easy walking distance to all the main tourist attractions! Staff were really helpful! Best thing about this hostel was the rooftop bar which had amazing views at night! Also had sports bar and laundry a short few mins walk from Athens backpackers! Would definitely stay here again.

Great location, really couldn't get any better. Breakfast wasn't very great but it's free so can't really complain. Roof top bar was always great fun. Would recommend for sure.

Great place, very spacious. Rooftop bar is awesome! My one complaint was the wifi didn't work during our entire stay, making it difficult to plan things.

staff, atmosphere lovely..the roommates and everybody. It was a stay.

• 12th May 2015

Overall good stay, location is prime right near the main historical sites and there's a sweet rooftop bar to relax in the happy hour time of day. We were disappointed in the restrooms, where we experienced a broken toilet and shower in the course of a 3-day stay. Staff friendly and helpful.

While Athens Backpackers is better than some other hostels in Athens, I did not think that it was nice enough to justify the cost per night. My bed was more than double what I paid at a competing hostel, and while AB was definitely cleaner and nicer than that one, I don't think those things alone justified the cost. The interned only worked for about 30 minutes of my two day stay here, the breakfast was ok but not amazing, and the rooms could have used more charging ports and better pillows.

Negatives: Rooms do not have enough outlets, and most bunks do not have an outlet nearby. The shower curtains are so close to you that they stick to you when you shower. The bunks creak when either person moves. The lockers in the dorms are not large enough to fit a large backpack. Positves: Great location, easy to reach by metro, welcome shot, very social crowdm good rooftop bar

Great location ! Awesome staff ! The roof top bar is awesome ! Walking distance to everything '

Awesome place! Great location with great views of the Acropolis from their rooftop bar. Wifi everywhere (when it's working). Laundromat and bar/Cafe at nearby Athens Studios too. Staff are super helpful as well. Definitely recommend!

The rooms were nice and clean but the breakfast could be a lot better.

• 8th May 2015