Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Awesome hostel really good set up! Love having a balcony on the room as well :) only down would be 1 toilet and shower on my floor and probably about 25 people on the level.

Location is excellent:)

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

The location is great! Very easy to get to sites and metro. The atmosphere was also great, very easy to meet other travelers and very relaxed. Only downside is if you're traveling with a large pack the lockers are a bit on the small side to fit everything in so just lock up the essentials.

Great place--fantastic location, clean, and very reasonably priced.

The hostel in general is great, but you should have more sockets to connect devices to the electricity in the rooms.

Great hostel with even better staff! Walter and Alex were very helpful and fun to talk to. The hostel is in a great location and we were able to walk anywhere we needed to go. Only downside was there weren't any lockers for our packs. The skybar during happy hour was great to meet people and learn about where everyone was traveling to and from.

• 8th Jun 2015

Rooftop bar was great.

The location was perfect and easy to get to. Wish though that we didnt have to smash the door closed when leaving the room, just slowly closing would do it.

I have lived here for seven nights spread over a fortnight and my stay was comfortable, secure. Most of central Athina is walkable from here, the staff extremely helpful with recommendations and directions. All well, except one must know the broom-dance to keep away the water from flooding the bathroom!

The location is very convenient for all the sightseeing, eating and transportation stuff. The room is big & there are enough lockers. The rooftop bar was great. The staff was nice & helpful. Little minus points: the WC was not so clean & there is only one room (combing WC & shower). Also, 3 out of 4 plugs in my room were not working, definitely not enough for 4 ppl to charge our phones.

We had an excellent stay. It is very well located. However it's overpriced as it was just a night stay and also compared to other hotels nearby and at some distance - one can even stay at some distance at half the price and hire cab or use public transport to visit Acropolis. Recommend reconsider fares especially in case of night stays only. Otherwise a good place to stay.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • India
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I stayed you on multiple occasions throughout my trip and it was really good every time. The staff was awesome and super helpful, and the rooftop bar was amazing.

Shower didn't drain well but was great other than that!

Well I never actually got to stay here, I booked through hostel world and when I got there they told me they had no beds. The staff did however set me up in a new hostel but I never got my deposit back. Offered me a free drink at their roof top bar so I dunno, decent I guess.

Great place, very clean and friendly. The only problem is the number of bathrooms on the floor: only one bathroom on each floor.

We stayed in the studios, really good hostel, very close to trains and yummy restaurants. Would recommend base on ease, cool roof top bar at the other backpackers and helpful staff.

• 25th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Period. Very clean, centrally located, a 6 euro walking tour that was one of the best tours I have ever had. 3 euro beer on the rooftop bar, 2 euro happy hour. Rooms were clean and staff was wonderful.

Fantastic staffs!

My stay at Athens Backpackers was great. The location is prime, right near many of the sites. They also offer a good walking tour with an archaeologist for 6 euro which was a way to see the sites, meet some of the other travellers, get some history and explore different areas than I would have found on my own. The staff were also great, very friendly and cool. Free breakfast is buns, jam or butter, hard boiled eggs, coffee/tea. I'd stay here again.

Price/quality very good, excellent location and good environment. I'll def. have you in mind in future trips.

• 20th May 2015