Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Hostel is linked to another hostel and I was automatically sent directions to the OTHER hostel...a bit frustrating after a long travel day when you just want to get there. Staff were very helpful and place was great to stay in.

Great atmosphere, especially with the on site pub. Easy to meet people there. The food is cheap and very good. The staff is all great! Had a wonderful 8 days there. Close to the acropolis, metro, some good restaraunts. Will definitely be back.

Staff were really helpful and knew loads about the area and transport which was great as Greece is pretty complicated for transport and its hard to find info online. The rooms were nice but if you need to sleep try to be on the lower floors as the metal outside stairs to the roof bar were really loud everytime anyone walked up them.

Great hostel, really good atmosphere, really cheap. perfect.

Staff were very friendly and helpful! I enjoyed my stay here. Only complaint that stands out is the breakfast. It's very subpar. They only serve stale/reheated-tasting rolls with iffy butter and marmalade along with some boiled eggs. Definitely could use some additions and a quality lift(I'm comparing this experience to other hostels I've stayed at) free is free though. So I definitely took advantage of it every morning I was here! Otherwise I had a great stay! Easy to meet other backpackers!

Amazing location! Close to the Acropolis, the station, food places and Placa! Pretty much would come here just for the location alone. Very clean People are awesome! We didn't use the kitchen because it was cheaper to get some of the food just outside but it looked spacious. Great value for money. Average security, room card and little lockers for the small stuff.

The hostel is in a nice quite street near the Acropolis, walking distance from everything (I didn't use the metro once!). The staff is really helpfull, nice comfy rooms with lockers, and complete bathroom. I had a really nice time here, met some cool people but was a bit dissappointed of the bar..had a better time talking to people at breakfast than at the bar! Haha and the bread they served was amazing! Could add some juice of yoghurt though ;)

Great location close to a lot of things you want to see in Athens and really nice view over the Acropolis especially by night. The staff is really friendly, funny and helpful- great service. Very easy to find if you come by the metrostation Acropolis. Would stay here again!

Lousy breakfast but otherwise awesome.

The staff was so friendly and helpful to provide information that we asked. We stayed in 6 people room and it was clean but the bathroom can be well-equipped.It was surprising that we got the free greek traditional drink. The location of the hostel is good. We could go to all the spots by food. Also, there are lots of restaurants and subway station nearby which is very convenient.

Amazing location, friendly staff, good price. Not a huge community vibe, but we were there during a low season. The shower room was a bit small and gross. Super safe, we loved Athens!

great hostel! great staff and roof top bar. would definitely stay here again.

the cutest and friendliest bartender in all of athens

• 20th Oct 2015

It was my first time in a hostel and I enjoyed a lot my stay there. I met different young people from different countries, with amazing histories. The staff at the hostel helped me in many ways to make my trip useful. The location was amazing, in the core of Athenas

fantastic stay here. brilliant location right near the acropolis and right by the metro so getting to the airport or Piraeus port are really easy. breakfast is average- hard boiled eggs and bread, but free!

Great location, bar and front desk staff were great, but otherwise it is a very basic hostel, nothing special. It is all about the location, the breakfast is very basic, stale bread and hard boiled eggs, and bad coffee. Wouldnt repeat.

This place was great! The staff are friendly, they give you a free shot of Ouzo, & all the information you want. Loved it. Only thing that would make it better is fixing the shower in the ensuite. It's so small and there is no need to have it constantly leak water all over the floor. Other then that, great stay! Great location!!! Food and acropolis are right there! Go eat at the fish cafe and froots juice bar :)

The location was amazing as it was close to all the main attractions and everything else you may need. This hostel was fairly clean. The facilities were pretty good, but I think the bathrooms are outdated and need some renovations. The atmosphere was excellent! Everything was great, except that the staff could be a lot more friendlier and enthusiastic than they were. This is one area of opportunity that can make a tremendous difference.. Other than that, I had the time of my life in Greece.

Great location, nice staff and good athmosphere. Breakfast was just bread, eggs and instant coffee/tea. Some cold drink (juice?) and maybe even yoghurt would be a very useful addition.

Perfect location. Lack of communal space during the day. Rooftop bar amazing view. Private balcony in room awesome. Only complaint breakfast was awful, stale roll and hard boiled egg. Staff friendly, clean rooms.