Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Great location, especially the rooftop bar with a view of the Parthenon, wow! However, not the best layout inside the dorm rooms of the hostel. The lighting situation was a mess. There were only 2 overhead lights in the 6 female dorm, meaning when someone came in at night they woke everyone up because they had to turn on one of those lights instead of an individual light by their bed. Only one mirror in the room next to the bathroom... not well thought out for your average woman.

It was a good hostel, main criticism was that the shower flooded the bathroom (it was a wet room type situation with the shower basically pointing towards the toilet). I was in the Studio building (by the Sports Bar rather than with the rooftop bar) and the atmosphere came from that bar - not particularly hostel residents/staff, but I did visit the rooftop bar and thought this was really good and close enough to visit.

I was two nights in the hostel! The location is perfect because all interesting things is close to the hostel, but the staff is not very friendly, she didn't tell me the facilities. Any way the room was clean and it had a spectacular roof top. I think the one bad things is you can't pay with credit card and that is important when you are travel for many time.

There is no common room. So if you are a solo traveller hard to meet with new people.

Hi Mehmet, Just to let you know for next time your in town we have 2 common rooms, 2 bars, 1 restaurant and 3 chill areas. Let me know personally when your next through and I will show you around. I will even shout you a drink/coffee or two. Best Daniel

Awesome! Great way to meet people and figure out what you wanna do if you're only there for a couple days! Front desk was amazing 👍🏽👍🏽

Perfect location for a trip to Athens.

It would be great if they include towels on the priceprice as most of the hostels do.

Bathroom could have been cleaner nevertheless good spot!

The location is perfect. You basically pay for it. And a beautiful view from the roof top. The bathrooms were terrible, even the ones in the private rooms. The dorms didn't have lockers for everyone. In a 4 mixed dorm there were space for only 3 persons to lock their stuff. Individual lights for each bed would be good investment.

Booked three nights but had to change after the first night to another building. Other than this my stay was awesome! Rooftop bar is great for meeting people.

Great location! Staff was very friendly and the walking tour is an excellent way to see the city for only 6€ a person. The staff (Walter especially) were unreal! Showers always leak water onto the floor, only downfall.

• 30th Sep 2015

Could not get a better location! Value for money is awesome. Very good place to meet other backpackers. The only thing that let the place down was Maria working at the sports bar. She was very rude, often short changed me and was also arrogant. (She left my second day to go to Kos so she may not be there anymore) But don't let that deter you the place is awesome!!

Very nice location. About 2 minutes walking to a metro station. Some cheap restaurants aroud and about 10 to 15 minutes do head the acropolis and 3 minutes to the acropolis museum. Maybe they need to work a lillte bit on the cleaness. The rest is really good

The location of the hostel is perfect - close to everything. Staff is welcoming and helpful, the place is clean and neat, the rooftop bar is a great Idea! Kitchen includes free tea and coffee. Breakfast is basic but enough for an active morning. Thanks for everything!

Amazing hostel but best part r the bartenders upstairs. Jackie is the most lovely person ever: sh literally makes the hostel feel like home and made me never ever want to leave

Hot showers, spacious 6 bed dorm, wifi in room, lockers and luggage room and I was also able to have a late check out. Staff friendly and very helpful in assisting me on my requests. Great location with walking distance to all the sightseeing attractions. Nice rooftop bar and cheap drinks.

Really enjoyed my stay here, great location right near the Parthenon - the hostel is not the same building that has the view from the terrace, it's a 2 minute walk away but you have full access to the terrace anyways - rooms were clean, bathroom was pretty good, would happily stay here again!

Well organised hostel with good facilities. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend your hostel to other travellers. Thank you for making our stay peaceful and welcoming :)

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Poland

The hostel was easy to find even though we got instructions to their other hostel at first. Small rooms, but comfortably beds! Meet really awesome people every day so the atmosphere was the best. The staff was nice but they didn't put the little extra effort in when you had a problem. After check out you could sleep in the sofas downstairs if you wanted to, which was real nice. Overall I think this is a really nice hostel and I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in athens.

When we arrived I found we had been upgraded to an apartment in Athens Studios for free, instead of a mixed dorm. The place is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful, easy access to locked storage, and an awesome rooftop view of the Parthenon if you walk to the Backpackers. We got a simple but filling breakfast in the morning. If you are coming by car, parking is only street-side and was scare when we were there. It would probably be easier to park in a lot somewhere and walk in.