Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Stayed in Backpackers for one night and had most amazing fun time there...loved roof top bar with amazing views... Definitely value for monie. Will go back there when again in Athens ...

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Latvia

This is my second time staying at Athens Backpackers and I always have a great time! The free walking tour is really informative and covers the majority of the things to see in Athens! The free breakfast is not a lot but it is still good. The location is perfectly situated within walking distance from the Acropolis. Only complaint is that the lockers in our room didn't lock with a normal TSA lock, only with a very thick lock, but luckily we had great Aussie roomies!

The roof view rules!

Good location , really recommend

The roof top bar had the best view we could ask for! Also, its so suitably situated near the acropolis, you can see the parthenon from the roof top. The bar however closes at 11 but you need to leave the bar at 10:40 latest. The rooms were spacious but power sockets were insufficient. Overall, I would still highly recommend this place due to its value for money.

this hotel was OK but i don't really recommend it. we stayed in athens studios which is different than the backpackers building (the older one). they didnt really advertise that so i was annoyed by that. having an apartment-type layout as a hostel is weird because it's not very good for meeting people. breakfast was good but small portions and you can't get seconds. location is great because it's right next to acropolis, but for a metro ride away you can get something cheaper. not worth the $

Had a great time here! Was my first location traveling on my own for the first time and was the best decision I made! People, staff, location and rooms were all fantastic, the best place to stay in Athens!

Only stayed one night, basically a few hours because of an early ferry out of Athens, staff was super friendly and helpful! The rooms had keycards so security was good and lockable lockers if you have a lock, didn't have breakfast as we had to leave early, elevator was super tiny closet made us laugh so much to fit in it :) showers were ok but water all over the floor, almost slipped even with grippy flip flops, overall, it was ok

• 28th Jun 2015

Great place. Awesome staff and is centrally located. The beds were so comfortable, but wifi didnt work during my stay. Great atmosphere and really easy to meet other travellers. Would recommend.

I've stayed in both the apartments and in the dorms- both options are good, just depends on what you're after. Both have airconditioning too which is essential in Athens! The free breakfast is basic but all you really need, and both the bars are great, with low prices. Fantastic locations, both within walking distance of the major sites. The fish and chip shop is also worth checking out for a cheap meal. All in all a great stay in Athens.

Very nice place, totally worth the price. Close to everything important and easy to get to. The staff was lovely and very helpfull. The hostel is clean and looking good. Bathroom was clean but the shower was too small and I got water everywhere. However I highly recommend it.

nicest hostel out of the 3 we've so far stayed in, on arrival we found out we had gotten an upgrade to Athens studios, the room was very clean, the living area was really nice, enough plugs to all charge up, staff were helpful, location was perfect and was generally a lovely stay, wish we stayed longer!!! Highly highly recommend to backpackers who want to is it the main sites in Athens!!!

• 23rd Jun 2015

I stayed at the studio's which was very clean. The location was fantastic and the staff were really nice and very helpful. The only downside was there were no lockers or you could pay for a locker but it was in the basement which meant you traveled from floor to floor. Overall it was a good stay :)

Shower not easy to use. Great location. Close to sites, stores, restaurants, and laundromat. Nice sports bar. Free breakfast included.

This is by far one of the coolest hostels I've stayed in. Each room had an attached bathroom and a balcony. The wi-fi was fast and we were able to use in our rooms and the rooftop bar overlooking the Acropolis was seriously the coolest spot in Athens. Totally a good deal.

Athens Backpackers was fantastic. Clean, friendly, with good security. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Athens.

This place was very clean. We were upgraded to the Athens studios which was very nice. The staff was friendly and it was very easy to meet people on the rooftop terrace. It also had a great view of the Acropolis. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I would return if I am ever back in Athens.

Location was perfect and minutes to every major tourist spot. The Staff was very helpful and friendly, especially the rooftop bar, they helped ease visitors in and made the environment very lively. The rooms were as expected from a hostel standpoint.

Awesome hostel really good set up! Love having a balcony on the room as well :) only down would be 1 toilet and shower on my floor and probably about 25 people on the level.

Location is excellent:)