Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Great hostel to explore Athens, it is super close to all the major attractions and night hotspots for great greek food. The hostel is attached to a little cafe and a cool sports bar where most of the guests hang out. The rooms are big and ours even had a terrace! The breakfast is a bit light, but besides that this is a great stay.

Staff were very cordial. Very good location. Value for money. Definite will recommend to others who are looking for budget accommodation in Athence.

Great place!! the staff is so friendly and facilities are great!

• 10th Sep 2014

Best hostel I stayed in on my 2 month trip around Europe for sure. I stayed in the new building tho so I can't speak for the old one.

• 8th Sep 2014

I ended up staying here for 5 nights. Hostel is really nice. Clean and very good location, close to major sites, public transport, cafe's etc. It is big, so you will always meet cool people to hang out with. Rooftop bar is great, althoug closes to early. Improvement would be to give each bed a socket, charging phones and camera's is a must. Rooms automaticaly lock and need keycard, but no personal lockers. Also breakfast was very meagre with jam, bread and eggs. Overal a very good stay!

This hostel was amazing. Upon arrival they upgraded our room to a suit for free. They also made a mistake when we paid and didn't take into account our deposit paid and when we talked to them about it they provided amazing service and gave us our money back. Room was clean and had a nice balcony. Amazing location. Would recommend to anyone. Awesome hostel owner!

Perfect location near sites and decent restaurants and bars. One of the best nights of sleep I've had in a hostel with very comfortable clean beds and cold air con. The hostel atmosphere is sort of odd with different buildings containing dif apartments, however the rooftop bar was hopping with a friendly bartender and a great view of the Parthenon. Hard to beat

There was a self catering kitchen in the room and a balcony. Really nice.

I really enjoyed my stay. I was greeted by friendly staff and they were helpful with directions at any time of the day. I was able to leave my luggage there prior to check in so I could explore Athens. The rooms were very clean and came with sheets and a pillow case. There was A/C but the remote was lost so we had to walk downstairs each night to borrow the remove. Location was exceptional, right in the middle of everything. Only problem - bathroom floors always wet but staff cleaned daily.

Excellent location. Friendly reception people. Loved how spacious the rooms are, couldn't find fault with the cleanliness. Would definitely recommend to friends visiting santorini!

Best thing about this hostel was its proximity to the Acropolis & museum. Wifi signal was not always consistent, but staff was extremely helpful.

Kitchen, breakfast, wifi, beds, bathrooms all great. HANDSOAP available! Thank you AB for that. The location is perfect. You can walk to all the archEological sites from here or catch the metro literally around the corner. Efroseenee on the roof top bar was hospitable and friendly. And she shared a lot of cool Greek facts! The view from the roof is incredible, the acropolis! Free ouzo shot on the roof! Stay here!! Thank you AB!!

6 euro tour was awesome. Enjoyed everything about this place.

Good hostels and location but it's rather annoying to specifically book Athen's Backpackers location and get sent to the other.

Stayed here three times, first time was great, second time I got "upgraded" to a dorm with more people as it was an apartment. It was fine just not what I booked. Still great place to meet other people. Convenient location. Breakfast was great.

This hostel served its purpose as we were just passing through. Location was great as it was a five minute walk to the acropolis and other major attractions. Near some good cheap restaurants. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was hot and with air conditioner on it sounded like a jackhammer. Beds were very uncomfortable and squeaky so if anyone moved everyone could hear it. Rooftop bar had a nice view.

The large size of this hostel gives it a very commercial, almost corporate, feel to it. It's an efficiently run business, located along the canal, close to numerous subway stations. It's clean and provides an excellent breakfast. If you are looking for a quiet stay, look elsewhere - this is a party hostel. Likewise, it isn't one of those cosy 10-20 people hostels where you can't help but meet people: this hostel is huge and impersonal. That said, it was a fresh change and I would stay again.'

Great location, rooftop bar, nice rooms, helpful staff, and discounts at the affiliated bar/cafe. Definitely recommend this place.

Really good place to stay highly recommend it

The room was nothing like what is shown on hostelworld. Furniture haphazardly placed around the room, half a cabinet, broken wardrobe. We though, 'heck let's splurge a bit for this great private room'....what a WASTE of money. We accidentally left a bag behind and when we contacted the hostel not only were they very slow to respond but they advised, 'they hadn't found a bag'. ! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. The Romanian guy was GREAT though.