Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Fantastic hostel in a prime location to see a beautiful city! Friendly and accommodating staff who will lock up your valuables. Good wifi, comfortable beds and plug availability, spacious rooms and clean ensuite bathrooms. Decent enough breakfast and a great bar next door. Everyone is very sociable and makes it so easy to make friends if you're traveling alone or in a small group. Regretted that I only stayed one night and will stay again every time I am in Athens!

Awesome staff and great environment to meet other travelers! Thanks!!!

Lovely, will come again!

Located in front of acropolis, with great view from the terrace. It was a perfect stay on this hostel, I would definitely go back there. 2 small things they must improve in order to get 100% 1: socket for the upper bunk bed 2: sell snacks on the middle of the night. The kitchen closes at 23h (fair), but there is no machine that sells snacks after that. There are restaurants nearby, but if it is raining a lot you will probably be hungry untill 7:30am when the kichen opens.

Go on Australia day if you can! Great location, good hostel bar, average hostel.

Prolly one of the best hostel I ever stayed It was only 1 night but I'd love to stay more if I had a chance. Kitchen with perfect equipments. The place with a lot of couches u can chill after checking out and drop luggage. Location is nice too. It's only 20 steps away from exit of metro. I've never walked less to get to hostel.

Good location. Helpful staff. Good common area.

best place i have stayed at in a while.

Great experience! Clean hostel, friendly staff, met some cool people. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Athens again.

I was transferred to Athens Studio, so this is what I am commenting. Staff is friendly, helpful. Beds are average for this kind of hostel, i.e.not very comfortable. Kitchenette's a nice touch, but the fridge was noisy. Shower very impractical: no separation on the floor, so the bathroom is flooded. Breakfast isn't good. The pub attached to it has fun activities and the way the terrace occupies the whole pavement fosters socialising. I'd probably search something else first but I could come back.

Everything is very good, but the internet is bad in the rooms.

Good location. Breakfast was a joke. Some staff members should change jobs.

Hostel was closed, so they moved us into their sister apartments nearby. Nice rooms, but no rooftop bar. Only common area was a small bar, which often closed very early (before 11pm sometimes)

Very noise roommates, so not the hostel's fault. The sheets and pillows had stains on them and there are no free lockers available. I couldn't enjoy the free breakfast as I had to leave early in the morning. Location is very good and conveniently located.

• 7th Jan 2015

Hi, We have a 3 step process for all our laundry that's alll done off site at our professional facilities. The laundry is all firstly soaked in a product that sterilizes and whitens all laundry. Then it is washed using bio detergent and bio softener. It is then dried in commercial dryers. This ensures perfect results time after time. I have sent your feedback to the head of housekeeping to review and find out what went wrong. Best Daniel

This hostel is nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only cons about this place were that the room's electricity ran on a card. My friend and I were only given 1 card; we should have been given 2, especially when someone leaves the room. Breakfast was included but wasn't good (boiled eggs, piece of bread, poor ppl food - but at least it was something).

This hostel is gold! The location is literally a 3 minute walk from the Acropolis. There are cute restaurants along the street, but you can also walk a few more minutes and get to some less touristy areas. We had to change our plans a few times and the staff worked well with using were friendly and helpful about the city. The dorms were some of the more spacious ones I've stayed in. Overall it was a fantastic experience.

Excellent location. It is right off of the Acropolis and Acropoli museum. Walking distance from other main attractions. The facilities are great with lots of room space.

A nice apartment smack in the middle of Athens from which you can walk down to all the attractions..

The room was nice. But a small problem in the toilets that needs to be fixed. The water from the shower fills the whole floor of the toilet.

• 23rd Dec 2014

I'm a 20 year old girl backpacking with another girl and this was our favorite hostel out of 5 different cities we visited. It is super clean, great value for your money (includes breakfast) and the location is phenomenal you're literally right next to the acropolis and you step outside and you are surrounded by shops, restaurants, and cafes. I would definitely stay here again!! Amazing.