Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Great place – met lots of interesting people there. Thanks!

This is my favorite hostel to date! Very nice, well kept facilities. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The bar in the studio portion of the hostel was super convenient and a great place to hang out and meet other travelers at. I traveled with three other people and we rented one of the private four person suites which was almost the same price as the dorms -- worth it!

The location is fantastic. I've been staying in a lot of hostels over the last few months and this one was by far the best. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfasts was a little bit of a disappointment but there are so many good breakfast places in walking distance it didn't really matter. I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Nov 2014

it was fine, thanks~

Pretty good overall, close to everything you would need, gyros up the street are the cheapest and best we had in greece!

It was very good at all. But, just about Kichen... I hope more clean and good facilities. Thank you so much as I stayed there very well. Aiko Hashimoto from Japan

Near from station and stuff was very kind.Wi-fi was working very well.

Great location next to the major Athens attractions. Huge con- I was really looking forward to the rooftop bar, it is the major feature of this hostel and is the main photo of this hostel, but it is closed for the off season. No where in the hostel description webpage does it say this. Only until after you have put down a deposit does it say it in the confirmation email. At the very least close the bar but have the rooftop still accessible. Will not be recommending this hostel.

Hi Scott, Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some feedback. What we are now doing is opening the famous Roof Bar every night from 5pm till midnight for the guests to go and hang out at and check out the amazing view. You can now grab beers and drinks at reception and head up there and chill out when ever you want. And as always the guests can also go to our other bar should they want. So due to your feedback the Roof is now accessible all year round!! Thanks

Great hostel! I went in offseason though so the hostel was kind of dead..the rooftop bar was closed, but the backpacker bar was open down the street. I can imagine it gets way more fun in the summer!

Really nice staff, awesome location. Great value.

The included breakfast was terrible (stale bread, rotten boiled eggs) the facilities where quite dirty and there were hardly any powerpoints in the room. The lockers weren't big enough to fit your bags in, only some stuff. The location was good. But try and stay at the studios because they seemed a bit better. Wouldn't stay here again.

Hi Kelly, Our bread rolls for the breakfast are baked fresh every morning from 6.30 to 7.30am in or award winning Fish Cafe at the Studios. Our eggs are organic free range eggs from a local farm delivered every two days. The lockers are designed to fit even the biggest standard suitcase. And our Cleaning team is fantastic at keeping the rooms to a very high standard of cleanliness. We have multiple power points in all the rooms. I am sorry you appear to think otherwise.

So I can write whatever I want here?

The best hostel ever!! The staff is fantastic, the rooms are clean, the bar is fun, the location is unbeatable! I checked in and immediately felt at home. I made friends here who I ended up with in Santorini later. Don't even bother looking at anything else, this is where you want to stay!

very warm welcome, professional and helpful

Excellent service, centrally located with a very welcoming staff. Would recommend it to anyone visiting Athens.

Excellent location, great staff, clean place, great value, wonderful facilities

Good place, near to Acrópolis

The hostel (main) is located cloesed to almost everything such as metro, restaurants, museum ..ets And 2nd location is not so far from main place yet it has better environment. However, sending customer to some place else(even though the place is under same management) made me feel little bit awkward, especially, when I was so tired due to red eye flight ( Maybe I am expecting too much from HOSTEL).Nevertheless, I have enjoyed my staying in the hostel, and will go back

To meet fellow solo backpackers, head up to the rooftop bar!

Loved this place! It was really good for solo travellers as the walking tour and the rooftop bar provide a great way to meet awesome people. The hostel is really well situated in Athens and you can easily walk to all the main attractions.