Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Excellent hostel. Amazing staff, good location and clean facilities. Good wi-fi, nice free breakfast. Very nice stay overall.

Amazing location and great times. Right in the center of Acropolis (can see it from the rooftop bar), you can walk to everything. Most everyone is welcoming and traveling alone, so a very "more the merrier" type attitude. The happy hour specials, great people and the Grecian bartender that taught about 20 of us two different grecian line dances made it hilarious. The one major negative is the showers - they're super touchy and spray water EVERYWHERE no matter how hard you try to avoid.

• 17th Oct 2014

The Wi-Fi is far form be the best and when we asked about how to go to the islands nearby the staff send us to an agency. Thereceptionist was nice and we booked the tour with the agency. Later we've found out that we could have visited the islands just taking the ferry by ourselves which would be way cheaper and joyful since the cruise was full of elders. That's the kind of information members of the staff should be able to give us, suggest go by ourselves instead send to an agency.

One world about the hostel F A N T A S T I C... very nice hostel clean, centred, easy to get to, staff just amazing really nice place to stay at....... but there is always a place to improvement and the improvement would be on the breakfast just a little to basic sorry

Not super happy about the fact that they own two separate hostels within a few blocks of each other and on my arrival sent me to the second one. I booked my stay at the one listed here and assumed that's where I would be staying. Did not appreciate being sent to the other one at midnight.

The hostel is good for the price. It's slightly on the basic side but does the job perfectly well.

The staff and location are the best! If I ever go back to athens I'm definitely going back to the same hostel

• 16th Oct 2014

Met a brilliant bunch of people at Athens Backpackers, the rooftop bar was perfect for meeting fellow travellers and the lounge area was also great for mingling. Free breakfast was appreciated and the staff were really helpful. Absolutely brilliant stay, I'll be coming back!

I stayed at the studios instead which is only about a block away. Very nice, clean and modern. Staff are very friendly and the rood top bar is good. Location is great

Rooms and bathrooms feel a bit cramped and small, location is great, right next to metro station, lots of great restraints and bars within close walking distance. Rooftop bar is great with great views!

Everyone is so nice including the staff and the people staying there! Great location. Overall, great hostel for the price.

Laundry is a bit of a walk... other tha. That it's grand. View from bar is a ten out of ten!

Very nice hostel. Liked the proximity to the Acropolis. Didn't like the the fact that the shower was open to the rest of the bathroom so that everything got wet, and that you had to clean up the water after showering.

This hostel is perfect for party lover. Rooftop was amazing, cheap beer and nice view to Acropolis. Location is perfect. Just few steps from metro station and center to everything you must see in Athens. My room was spacious for 6 people with balcony. It's so safe 24/7 so no worry about roaming around the area or even arrive late at night. Breakfast is too simple; bun, boiled eggs, and coffee tea. This hostel can be loud because of the rooftop bar so be prepared a bit. Definitely recommend !!

Excellent location,poor breakfast

Prime location, worth what you pay, and great social scene - rooftop bar!

This hostel has lots to enjoy. The location is terrific, wifi is reliable, clean rooms, a bar, restaurant, laundry facilities. Christina at the front desk is the best!

Nice people, fun rooftop bar, really good location close to the Acropolis, good WiFi. Only con was that the bathroom was not the most comfortable. All in all, a nice stay!

It was all about the roof top bar for me;)

• 8th Oct 2014

This hostel is amazing! Their rooftop bar has an incredible view of the Acropolis and I made some great friends. Breakfast is included but ends early so make sure to set your alarm. Great energy and vibe about the place. Good location to all major attractions.