Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Great Hostel, Excellent Staff, Sweet Elevator

Really good hostel, a little more expensive than others in town but it's worth it for the excellent location, comfy beds and good facilities. An easy walk to Monastiraki square and the acropolis.

Staff were very informative. Showed us one of the absolute best authentic Greek restaurants! I'm still raving about the moussaka! Hostel needs an age limit though.

Great Location, attentive staff. Poor breakfast, no living room for socializing. Bar on terrace with nice view, but closes too early.

We had an amazing time here! The rooftop bar is an awesome place to meet new people and a great hang to hang out while gazing up at the acropolis! Bathrooms and dorms are cleaned daily and the staff is great!

Athens backpackers has a second building (Athens studios) that is two blocks away from the main hostel and does not have the rooftop bar or common room, this is where I was placed. Not a big deal, still a good room and access to the facilities, but it would I have been nice to be told in advance. Lockers were somewhat small and the ensuite bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. This being said AB is a fun hostel and a great place to meet people. I would stay there again.

The location is great. It is right by the new Acropolis Museum and the Acropolis itself. Quick and easy to the subway and bus for airport, port, etc. The hostel itself is very comfortable. I really enjoyed the rooftop bar. It closes kind of early though so get up there before it does. (11:30pm I think)

Great hostel! The location is so perfect. Rooftop terrace looking right t the Parthenon. Great staff makes it very fun and easy to be there!

We arrived late at night and left early in the following morning, so didnt really get to know the hostel well. The staff on duty was great - helpful, and check in was speedy. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Location is perfect, close to the Metro for an easy in and out of Athens.

Very good hostel, although a bit expensive. But the rooftop bar and the people you meet are simply amazing.

Great experience! The daily walking tour by George was exceptional, I highly recommend it. Facilities were clean and the staff was always friendly. Thumbs up!

Rooftop bar was cool. Staff were helpful. Great location close to the acropolis and old town. Breakfast was ok. Good kitchen. They just need to remember to restock toilet paper in the rooms - had to go ask for more every day.

Very good hostel, too bad that the staff team isn't so helpful..... But it's ok you don't need them. This place has a great location and during the night the roof bar is the meeting place.

My friend and I had a really nice experience at this hostel. The staff were incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable. The studio apartments are spacious and lovely - you can cook if you want in a fully stocked private kitchen. Speaking of food, the breakfast is nice too. It's located right in the historical centre. Definitely recommend this hostel.

• 30th Apr 2014

I've been traveling for 3 months and this is the best place I've stayed at by far! Perfect location, amazing staff, so much fun! I wanted to stay longer! Only bummer was the breakfast but that's no big deal in the big picture! Love love love this place would definitely come back and recommend to everyone!

The location is perfect, downtown, near the acropolis and metro station. The bedroom was clean, but the lockers were a little too small. You have an amazing view from the rooftop bar. Staff were really helpful and nice, except for the breakfast lady who seemed a little bored! Big common kitchen. Breakfast was more than enough. I had a nice stay there.

Great location right at the foot of the Acropolis and very nice and helpful people at the front desk! Also, the free shots with checking in was a nice touch!

This place really is awesome. It's right in the middle of all the historical sights and it's less than a minute from the metro. The staff went above and beyond when we got stuck in Athens because of the governmental strike. Nice kitchen too. Really clean. The only downside is that they don't have a laundry service. They have a laundromat that costs €10 to wash and dry a load. That's even pricier than it was in the UK.

Location is really great, just a few blocks walking to the Acropolis and Plaka section. There is a metro station just around the corner, many restaurants and sights nearby, you can go anywhere walking from there. Loved the old elevator.

We appreciated a lot our 2 days in Backpackers. We enjoyed the bar on the roof, the breakfast... The room are cleaned.