Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

very warm welcome, professional and helpful

Excellent service, centrally located with a very welcoming staff. Would recommend it to anyone visiting Athens.

Excellent location, great staff, clean place, great value, wonderful facilities

Good place, near to Acrópolis

The hostel (main) is located cloesed to almost everything such as metro, restaurants, museum ..ets And 2nd location is not so far from main place yet it has better environment. However, sending customer to some place else(even though the place is under same management) made me feel little bit awkward, especially, when I was so tired due to red eye flight ( Maybe I am expecting too much from HOSTEL).Nevertheless, I have enjoyed my staying in the hostel, and will go back

To meet fellow solo backpackers, head up to the rooftop bar!

Loved this place! It was really good for solo travellers as the walking tour and the rooftop bar provide a great way to meet awesome people. The hostel is really well situated in Athens and you can easily walk to all the main attractions.

We arrived really late and when we got there we were told that 'oh your reservation is in our other building' , this was pretty annoying as I feel they should have told me this in an email before we arrived so that we could have gone straight there instead of walking around for ages ending up at the wrong place and having to walk further at 2am to get to where we were actually supposed to be. Room and wifi was good. Location is good, close to lots of restaurants and shops and to Acropolis.

Best location ever, just a few steps from the Akropolis. However, we have booked the hostel and ended up staying at the suites (1 block distance) where there was no space for interaction with other travellers (apart from a bar outside of the place). Apart from that, we also had problems in our room with overbooking 2 nights out of the 3 that we have stayed there. Apart from that, it is a great place a worth the price you pay! I highly recommend the rooftop bar happy hour and the seafood platter.

I loved staying at this hostel, and everyone i have talked to had the same feeling. The rooftop bar is great with an amazing view. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breatfast is included in price, and was quite good

Very nice location, great facilities, showers in the bathroom is a mess and lockers in the room are medium size. The sport bar is very good...and staff in bar and restaurant amazing

This hostel was great and the two bars were an excellent way to meet people. Plus it was so close to the Acropolis, which is basically the main thing to see in Athens.

The location for this hostel is perfect. Its easely accesable is very close to all the main sights and there are plenty restaurants close by. There are two buidings at this hostel, I stayed at Athens studios. The drawback of Athens studios does not have a common area. So if you want to socialise you need go to the other buiding where they have a rooftopbar or go to theit sprts bar. Because of this the atmosphere at Athens studios is olmost non existent.

Rooftop bar was really cool, great view. However there was only one bathroom/toilet for each floor and it was always really wet and dirty and the scraper/mop things they provided were useless. Beds were comfy though and it was good value for a short stay.

Excellent hostel. Amazing staff, good location and clean facilities. Good wi-fi, nice free breakfast. Very nice stay overall.

Amazing location and great times. Right in the center of Acropolis (can see it from the rooftop bar), you can walk to everything. Most everyone is welcoming and traveling alone, so a very "more the merrier" type attitude. The happy hour specials, great people and the Grecian bartender that taught about 20 of us two different grecian line dances made it hilarious. The one major negative is the showers - they're super touchy and spray water EVERYWHERE no matter how hard you try to avoid.

• 17th Oct 2014

The Wi-Fi is far form be the best and when we asked about how to go to the islands nearby the staff send us to an agency. Thereceptionist was nice and we booked the tour with the agency. Later we've found out that we could have visited the islands just taking the ferry by ourselves which would be way cheaper and joyful since the cruise was full of elders. That's the kind of information members of the staff should be able to give us, suggest go by ourselves instead send to an agency.

One world about the hostel F A N T A S T I C... very nice hostel clean, centred, easy to get to, staff just amazing really nice place to stay at....... but there is always a place to improvement and the improvement would be on the breakfast just a little to basic sorry

Not super happy about the fact that they own two separate hostels within a few blocks of each other and on my arrival sent me to the second one. I booked my stay at the one listed here and assumed that's where I would be staying. Did not appreciate being sent to the other one at midnight.

The hostel is good for the price. It's slightly on the basic side but does the job perfectly well.