Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

The room was big and bright. Had big lockers for our stuff. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Had an Easter Roast which brought many guests together for a great day in the sun. Excellent location. Would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, spacious rooms with balcony and bathroom! Rooftop bar, breakfast included. 5-10 minute walk to Acropolis! Laundry and sports bar in another building 5 minutes away

Really liked this hostel, amazing location. Did NOT feel like the walking tour was worth 6 euro, could have been more informative/ comprehensive.

It ended up being really weird. We were "upgraded" to a 6 person apt. which we thought was because we were a group of 6 ppl and they wouldn't sell that room to 6 strangers. We were wrong. After 2 ppl in our party left early, we got random roomies. 1st guy totally chill, but 2nd girl didn’t show up until 1am which was REALLY uncomfortable. They should not put strangers in those apts. together and they should have told us random ppl would be joining us esp. with lack of lockers and outlets.

• 7th Apr 2015

We actually got booked in Athens Studios. They didn't tell us that we would be at a different location if we needed a private room, so it was a little hard to meet people. That being said, the apartment we got was huge and incredibly close to all the sights.

Good hostel, cool people, great location. All you can ask for.

As a solo traveller this place was great for meeting new people. Staff are also great and extremely helpful.

tThe location was ideal and the staff were very friendly and very helpful! Our room was clean and things seemed well maintained. The common room was a great place to meet new people from all over! The wifi was strong in the rooms and the common areas. Breakfast was provided which was shocking and pleasant (Bread, boiled eggs, etc - I'm not a breakfast person at all so I didn't eat) and coffee/tea (unfortunately instant coffee and not black tea) was provided! Lovely place!

WiFi was bad.

Excellent! Highly Reccommended All to this place.

Wifi here was very weak. I and my friends couldnt use the internet since the wifi was weak. so we had to use at the lobby

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

The staff (receptionist) at the Backpacker was great, but the staff at the Studio could be more warm-hearted. And the breakfast was toooooooo simple when compare with other hotels.

The staff were great, including those in the Fish Cafe, the Bar and the Front Desk. The staff on the Front Desk were always welcoming and were able to assist me with all my queries. The rooms were excellent value for money (I stayed at Athens Studios) and the hostel is in an excellent locaiton. I really appreciated all the help and tips Athens backpackers presented on booking online; the straight forward directions were a god send and I appreciated the tips about pickpockets and scammers.

The room we had for just two of us was extremely nice and a great price for the room.

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

There's no lobby at studios so it's hard to meet people. The bar downstairs is a little pricey and the breakfast is not much to talk about. The showers are a bit gross because there is no separation from the rest of the bathroom so the water goes everywhere. That being said, the staff was nice and the stay wasn't bad. The room was pretty clean. It was a bit pricey, all things considered.

Staff was great and the atmosphere was awesome

Great atmosphere. Our walking tour guide Walter was hilarious and was very knowledgeable. I would gladly stay there again. Rooftop has a nice view of the Acropolis.

Staff was incredible, so friendly and helpful and full of fun suggestions. My only complaint is that there are no lockers. Otherwise it was perfect. Great location, very clean, and the atmosphere was perfect!

This hostel is in a great location for pretty much everything you want to do in Athens. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, I'd definitely go back.

The Sports Bar had fantastic events. Ranging from Karaoke Night to watching soccer games and pub quizzes. The room was kept clean and all staff were friendly and ready to help you. Excellent location, just minutes walk away from the Acropolis! I had a fantastic stay.

• 15th Mar 2015