Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Best location!! Right by the Acropolis. Good spacious rooms and facilities. Atmosphere wasn't great because there was no common room but I was in Athens studios, I'm sure Athens backpackers would have a better atmosphere.

I was in Athens Studios, which is a few blocks away from the main Athens Backpackers. You are still free to use the facilities of Athens Backpackers. Clean, great A/C! Awesome free breakfast at the cafe nextdoor (bread roll with choice of spread, beans and egg, or egg with veggies and feta cheese). Bar next door to the cafe. Very close to the Acropolis Museum and metro stop. Great free walking tour with an archaeologist starting at Athens Backpackers.

Awesome rooftop bar and amazing location. Great hostel to see and explore Athens :)

Nice roof top bar, nice staff Breakfast is okay (bread and eggs) Good location! Nice Walking tour No locker

LOVED the location and LOVED the rooftop bar. would defiantly come back

Our exprience was great! All info was delivered accurately, the location is unbeatable and staff was really helpful. We left our luggage at the lockers in order to travel light to the islands and was all secure. Having all the facilites right next to the hostel (laundry, breakfast, sportsbar) is perfect.

They have a big luggage room with couch, kitchen is nice and the rooftop has an awesome sight of the Acropolis. The hostel is very close to the best streets of the center, full of restaurants and stores.

The lockers right next to the beds were great and the balcony attached to our room was awesome. Being close to the metro is super convenient and all the staff were super helpful. Definitely recommend!

Well located, not so good bathrooms

I actually stayed at Athens Studios, the sister hostel of Athens Backpackers. After what seemed like a really long walk from the bus station in Syntagma square in 40 degree heat with my huge backpack on the news that I needed to walk another couple of blocks to the Studios did not sit well. Begrudgingly I did and I have no complaints. The facilities were clean and secure. The staff was polite and helpful and the location is very convenient - just a short walk to the Acropolis and public transit.

Excellent accommodation and prime location

Very good location! Basically you can walk to any famous sites of Athens. Rooms are relatively tidy, however the space is very small! Don't recommend taking free breakfast there. It's simply depressing!

The hostel atmosphere was fantastic. The moment I checked in, my trip was amazing. Staff were super friendly. Rooms were tidy and clean but beds are not so comfortable. I believe it would be great if you guys offered some locks to rent. I was also a bit worried about leaving my bag in the storage room as I didn't feel it was fully secure there. Other than that, I loved my stay. Especially found it amazing to get to know so many people during the night I spent in the rooftop bar.

The 6 bed dorm was spacious with a/c & individual lockers. The shared bathroom on our floor consisted of only one shower and toilet, which meant waiting to use the facilities and the floor was really wet after people showered. The wifi was spotty at times in the room. Breakfast was rolls, jam, butter and boiled eggs. Free tea and coffee making facilities are offered all day. The rooftop bar offered great views. Printing was available for 10c a page. Located close to all the main sites.

Plusses: location, location, location! Right by Acropoli Metro Station, the Acropolis Museum, the Acropolis and the Temple of Zeus; easy walk from most of Athens' main sights. It doesn't get better! Nearby are lively restaurant lined streets. Rooftop bar with view of the Acropolis. Free continental breakfasts. Interesting guided walking tours for 6 euros, and worth it. Air con. Very clean. Minuses: toilet didn't work on 5th floor dorm; had to lift lid to flush. No lockers in dorm on 5th floor

had a good stay in a great location, love the view from the rooftop bar

Good location, great vibes and great company. Had stacks of fun here and the bar definitely led to some enjoyable nights in Athens

Athens Backpackers is overrated. There was nothing happening in the hostel while I was staying there so no atmosphere and hard to meet other travellers. The rooms were really basic, with a single power point for a 6 dorm room and a single shower/toilet bathroom for multiple dorm rooms. The only thing it has going for it is the location.

Good atmosphere, liked the rooftop bar, reception staff super helpful including helping to print documents. Swipe card access good, lockers in room good. Didn't do the tour etc. but great that you organise that. Missing slight touches that would make it amazing - shower sprayed the whole bathroom, shower curtain stuck to you the whole time, no hand towels/dryers and the best thing I've ever seen in a hostel in Berlin is individual small lockers next to each bunk with a power socket inside.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Very close to acropolis and acropoli subway , situated in a very good area Not bad at all I would say