Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

LOVED this hostel! Location was great, loved how the rooms, breakfast, bar, and laundry was all right there next to each other. Great place if you want to meet people. Staff was extremely helpful and super accommodating. Rooms had their own bathroom, small kitchenette and a common area to hang out. Would definitely recommend!!

This is an incredible hostel. What with its central location, comfortable rooms, customised kitchens and very helpful staff. I would totally recommend this hostel to anyone wanting to explore Athens.

I was there during the winter, so the actual backpackers part of the hostel was shut down. We stayed at the studio hostels. It was pretty decent. Nothing spectacular. No real tours booked and not very activities, but not a bad place to stay considering the location is at the foot of the Acropolis. All in all Athens is AMAZING, so wherever you have to stay just get there.

• 11th Dec 2014

It was the best hostel experience I ever had in Europe.

My absolute favorite hostel. Everyone who travels to Athens should stay here. Wonderful location and people!

Great hostel, stellar location

All is well except for the late night shouts/noises from the bar. Nothing wrong with that. I was looking for a break from work and some good sleep but turns out that was not possible because I chose the wrong hostel for my stay. If a guest is looking for a calm sleeping atmosphere, maybe he/she should look for other options.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place that I would highly recommend! I know Athens well and this hostel is excellent! -one recommendation… I think your hostel should recommend to your guests a day trip to Hydra as well as Sounion, Delphi etc, that are on your informations sheets and by staff. Thanks again! Nick from Sydney. :)

• 4th Dec 2014

This hostel had by far the best social scene/ atmosphere of any hostel I have stayed in. They have a lot of activities to facilitate this (trivia night, karaoke etc). I booked 2 or 3 nights and ended up staying 6. It was very clean and it was nice how there was a kitchen and bathroom in each dorm. The only downside was that some things had extra charges that other hostels might include for free (use of printer etc) and breakfast is only till 930am so make sure you're up in time!

Everything was pretty much great! Awesome locations, good security, lovely staff, awesome rooftop view! They closed the backpackers for renovations/off-season, and the studios (the alternative location) had no common area, meaning early sleeping was difficult as the people sharing the room had nowhere else to drink, smoke or chat... Shower curtains that reached the ground would have made the bathrooms more pleasant too. The staff were super helpful and I'll stay again if in Athens!

I booked athens backpackers for three nights and arrived early in the morning via ferry. Since checkIn is 2 pm i had to wait 7h but could use the common room as luggage storage (like everybody else) and was invited to grap free breakfast (bread, Butter, orange marmelade and boiled eggs). They told me about the walking Tour they organize which i joined at 10 am (guide was awesome!! 6 eur). Finally in my room (elevator - yeees) was nice and clean BUT with a lot of mold! - Besides that: recommended

Amazing location, right near all the main sites. Fairly well equiped kitchen, and clean rooms. Breakfast just consists of boiled eggs and bread, definitely needs improvement.

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »