Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Good and helpful staff. Location is really good, close to Acropolis and the center. Really enjoy the rooftop!!!

Good central location which was easy to get to and made a good base in the city.

• 30th Sep 2014

Excellent location and structure, kind staff. There was one point that made upset, I had booked for three days, from wednesday to friday. Because it was broken in two books, I had to ckeck out by 10h on thursday and checkin again by 15h. Tottaly unecessary, because the hostel was not fully booked, in my room there was 4 empty beds.

The bathrooms and bedrooms are small, shower is mostly hot, dorm apartment are spacious. The bar downstairs had a good atmosphere, the wifi usually was fine until the evening when everyone was on. The staff were friendly. I'm surprised that there aren't security lockers anywhere in the rooms. Breakfast basic and location is excellent.

Studio apartments were good to stay in. Pretty good to get breakfast included too.

Nice hostel in a very good location, - very nice bar upstairs with an incredible view to the acropolis, they charge you to use the computers

About the location is wonderful

Stayed 2 nights while passing through. Rooftop bar is great for meeting people and has a view worth seeing. Breakfast is basic, and free. Rooms are nice and the whole place is well maintained. Near the Acropolis. One thing was the directions through hostelworld sent me to one of their locations, where I checked in, only to be sent back with my heavy bag to their other location, that I walked past on my way there. Make sure to contact them and confirm which building you will be staying in.

Decent place, no locks on lockers in dorms so bring your own! Towels too.. Great location though and lovely staff. Breakfast was a bit meagre but there are tons of yummy resturants close by in the plaka if you need more. Rooms were spacious and clean and fairly quiet. Easy to find the hostel but make sure you go to the right one - not athens studios!!

Nice, clean hostel with a fantastic atmosphere. We got "upgraded" to the studio which was a few streets away. Easy enough. It was super clean and had a convenient bar downstairs as well as fish and chips restaurant.

Place is in the perfect location. Rooms are clean and nice. Great rooftop bar where everyone meets up during happy hour! On of the best hostela I've stayed at. Highly recommend staying here!

The staff were amazing and resourceful. The location is amazing with a rooftop patio overlooking the Acropolis. This is definitely worth the stay for the money paid!

• 26th Sep 2014

Perfect location, next to the Acropolis.

This place is in a great location with a wonderful view. It's a very social place to stay.

Great location. Central to the Acropolis and other ruins so you don't need to use the Metro unless going out in the city. As far as amenities, it was great to have a kitchen to use and free breakfast. It is a party hostel so don't expect much sleep.

Good spot . Charged us for missing our stay : 24 hour cancelation policy. Other than that great . Right next to acropolis . Guy in our room bough a girl a drink and was charges 100 euro by the bar - watch out for thrives. No common room at the building. Staff were super helpful. Would stay here again

The bar on the rooftop is really great. The rooms and bathrooms are good, except, our 4 bed dorm only had 3 lockers (strange) The staff were a mixed bunch, some were super helpful, friendly and knowledgable, others not so. The kitchen is very limited- there were no forks- not even one. Overall the hostel is good, but quite pricey.

I stayed at 11 hostels when I was travelling Europe and this one was by far my favoured! The atmosphere is amazing, it makes it so easy to meet people. I ended up meeting 12 people on that roof top bar, all of us travelling alone and have never met til those few nights on the roof top. We all decided to travel the Greek islands together and it was a blast, made some long last friends there and plan to go back again. One thing it needs thou is a guitar to two for travellers to have a jam night!

Had an amazing time in this hostel..the staff were very helpful..the walking tour fabulous and the location is very central, close to several eateries that are open to very late

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! The location could not be any better and the staff was very helpful. The atmosphere is super fun and the roof top bar is a great way to meet people! I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone!