Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Staff was great and both the studios and backpackers were nice places to stay. (We stayed in both). Very easy access to all major sites, port and airport. A little more expensive then most Athen hostels but good atmosphere and location to make up for it.

Great hostel. I personally don't care for Athens but if you're going to stay there this hostel is the best. Super clean, free breakfast, kitchen, great wifi, spacious rooms, helpful people at front Desk, and literally right next to the acropolis. Rooftop bar (a little squished but still cool) great for meeting people!

Staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, the wifi connection was good and it was very close (walking distance) to the Acropolis!

I really enjoyed the people who work here, so helpful and friendly. My friend and I were kind of stranded in Athens and they went out of their way to help us find a last minute ferry to Crete and gave us wonderful recommendations for what to do. Also, it's located right off of a metro stop, which was great for getting to and from the airport and ferries. Many hostels advertise air conditioning, and don't have it, but there is great AC here! The roof bar has a killer view of the Acropolis, too!

as soon as i got there, they told me it was the wrong hostel, it was but mine was 2 minutes away, it was studios hostel, and it was really good, from the begining they gave me directios and invited me to the rooftop bar, wich has a expectacular view

The cleanliness and amenities were more than one could ask for. The only thing staying at the studios is a lack of a common area at the lobby to hang out and meet others. Though, I met really cool people in the dorms itself so that was fine. Worth the money!

Great hostel, wish I had more than one night. Stayed in studio building, everything was updated and quite modern. A small breakfast was also included at no cost. The location is great, very close to the metro and the Acropolis.

• 31st Jul 2014

Roof top bar, good location, nice hostel.

Nice hostel. Only stayed for 1 night, but i would definetly go back.

One of the best perks about Athens Backpackers is its location. The entrance to the Acropolis and Akropoli metro station is just 5 minutes walk away. The rooms were clean and well kept. From the rooftop bar you can see the Acropolis which looked stunning at night. The other Athens Backpackers bar was a 5 minute walk away and opened till later than the rooftop bar. Generally, great atmosphere and good place to meet people and hang out. Lots of restaurants also close by.

Good hostel, clean and good roof top bar!

Booked the backpackers, but was directed a few blocks away to the studios. Would have been nice to know beforehand that was where I was staying! Nice room, more like an apartment, however AC only worked in the living room, not in bedroom, making it hard to sleep. Also lack of charge plugs by the beds. Great location, right by acropolis. 15 mins by taxi from bus station, 20 mins by taxi from port. Laundromat, bar, and restaurant downstairs. If AC worked correctly I would recommend!

Say hello to Walter and join his Free Walking tour of Athens, it's brilliant to see the history spots of Athens

Great place to stay! We stayed at Athens Backpackers on two separate occasions and at both locations. Both were very nice with spacious rooms. The rooftop bar was fantastic and had an amazing view of the Acropolis. It's close to everything and staff are very friendly.

This was one of the best hostels I stayed at during my euro trip. Amazing location, right near the major sights and some good places to eat and go out etc. Staff were very friendly too. Rooftop bar has an incredible view. Only slight downer is that in my form (6 bed female) there was only one bathroom and shower and the shower was a bit small but it's easy to get around with dorm mates.

I was really annoyed that nowhere during the booking it said which hostel you actually get - be aware that there are two! Athens Backpackers and Athens Studios. They are just two blocks apart, but there is a huge difference. I got into the Studios, which is more like apartments. When I entered the "dorm" there was a french family with 3 kids having breakfast. They booked 5 out of 6 beds so I should fill up the 6th bed. Which wasnt done yet-Seriously? After some complaining they changed at least.

I stayed with for friends at a private room. For our surprise it also had a living room, a private wc and a small kitchen. Everything was very clean and the a/c worked fine. The only bad thing is that the shower curtain was pretty smelly, as well as the towels. Overall it was a nice place to stay, with the best locarion in athens.

2 locations. A bitconfusing which one to go to. Studios has no common area, only tables at restaurant. Backpackers has a better social atmosphere. But rooms in studios are clean and new. Stove and refrigerator in the dorms was nice!

It was awesome and the combinatin with the rooftopbar and the sports bar was great

Everything a hostel should be. 100% recommend.