Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

great hostel!

Great place and location! Staff are really, really helpful!

Breakfast was included in the price. I expected a bit more than a bun of less then 10 by 10 cm with 2 boiled eggs. Any additional things where only available if you paid more. For me a small bun and two eggs do not meet my expectations of a breakfast. For the rest it was a great hostel.

• 15th Sep 2014

It would be nice to be told on check-in that you need a remote to turn on the air conditioning in the rooms.

I have never stayed at a hostel in a better location, walking distance to everywhere! Great hostel!

The location for this hostel is perfect. The staff are super helpful. They walking tour is great and cheap, the bar games are fun and the environment is very social. The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean, lockers are available, the wifi works well,they take credit cards. Athens backpackers was a great hostel and I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Greece

Great location, happy with my time staying here. Poor showers got burnt as tempiture doesn't stay the same and the pressure is very low. Wifi also dodgy.

Perfect location. Really new and clean hostel. Little kitchenette in every room. Air conditioning! The type of hostel that exceeds expectations and probably the best in Athens you will find.

Great hostel to explore Athens, it is super close to all the major attractions and night hotspots for great greek food. The hostel is attached to a little cafe and a cool sports bar where most of the guests hang out. The rooms are big and ours even had a terrace! The breakfast is a bit light, but besides that this is a great stay.

Staff were very cordial. Very good location. Value for money. Definite will recommend to others who are looking for budget accommodation in Athence.

Great place!! the staff is so friendly and facilities are great!

• 10th Sep 2014

Best hostel I stayed in on my 2 month trip around Europe for sure. I stayed in the new building tho so I can't speak for the old one.

• 8th Sep 2014

I ended up staying here for 5 nights. Hostel is really nice. Clean and very good location, close to major sites, public transport, cafe's etc. It is big, so you will always meet cool people to hang out with. Rooftop bar is great, althoug closes to early. Improvement would be to give each bed a socket, charging phones and camera's is a must. Rooms automaticaly lock and need keycard, but no personal lockers. Also breakfast was very meagre with jam, bread and eggs. Overal a very good stay!

This hostel was amazing. Upon arrival they upgraded our room to a suit for free. They also made a mistake when we paid and didn't take into account our deposit paid and when we talked to them about it they provided amazing service and gave us our money back. Room was clean and had a nice balcony. Amazing location. Would recommend to anyone. Awesome hostel owner!

Perfect location near sites and decent restaurants and bars. One of the best nights of sleep I've had in a hostel with very comfortable clean beds and cold air con. The hostel atmosphere is sort of odd with different buildings containing dif apartments, however the rooftop bar was hopping with a friendly bartender and a great view of the Parthenon. Hard to beat

There was a self catering kitchen in the room and a balcony. Really nice.

I really enjoyed my stay. I was greeted by friendly staff and they were helpful with directions at any time of the day. I was able to leave my luggage there prior to check in so I could explore Athens. The rooms were very clean and came with sheets and a pillow case. There was A/C but the remote was lost so we had to walk downstairs each night to borrow the remove. Location was exceptional, right in the middle of everything. Only problem - bathroom floors always wet but staff cleaned daily.

Excellent location. Friendly reception people. Loved how spacious the rooms are, couldn't find fault with the cleanliness. Would definitely recommend to friends visiting santorini!

Best thing about this hostel was its proximity to the Acropolis & museum. Wifi signal was not always consistent, but staff was extremely helpful.

Kitchen, breakfast, wifi, beds, bathrooms all great. HANDSOAP available! Thank you AB for that. The location is perfect. You can walk to all the archEological sites from here or catch the metro literally around the corner. Efroseenee on the roof top bar was hospitable and friendly. And she shared a lot of cool Greek facts! The view from the roof is incredible, the acropolis! Free ouzo shot on the roof! Stay here!! Thank you AB!!