Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Really enjoyed my time in Athens Backpackers due to the location and nice staff. I found the rooms to be comfortable and secure and the rooftop bar is a fantastic place to meet people. It does not compare to a hostel you might find in Belgium or Germany but still meets every need. The walking tour for €6 was excellent value for money. The only thing i felt was that it was a little overpriced for what you get but still a very enjoyable stay.

Whilst it is not a bad hostel, felt that it lacks character or personality. The location isn't far from main historic sites but it is placed on a quiet street that has no charm. The building felt more like a sterile college dorm and I found it difficult to meet people in the common area as the common area didn't seem like much.

I stayed in August when it was very hot, but my room was nice and cool. Spacious room and nice balcony. Very clean. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

Great location, staff was friendly, wish the roof top bar could stay open longer!

• 21st Aug 2015

I booked Athens Backpackers, but actually stayed at Athens Studio. Felt almost like a hotel in how clean and spatious it was, but there as a great atmosphere. Definitely head to the rooftop bar at Backpackers (4 minute walk away), especially during happy hour.

Felt like the lap of luxury after 2 nights in Serbian sleeper trains. Clean and comfortable. Fantastic location. Staff friendly and helpful. Thank you for a great stay in Athens!

Great hostel, rooftop bar with awesome view, the sport bar at the other building not bad either. The walking tour is a must. Good atmosphere, easy to meet people

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

The evening I was supposed to arrive I had my passport stolen at the airport. I immediately emailed the hostel advising and hopefully requesting a refund for the following night. This was not possible due to their refund policy. So I got charged the full amount without staying there, which is fine. But I'm sure they filled my bed and made money off my misfortune. So this is my way of getting some satisfaction from the money I have paid!

Stayed here for 1 night - 6 bed dorm is very cramped with no storage space for bags. Secure lockers provided - bring your own padlock. Free breakfast provided between 7-9. A/C in the room. Rooftop bar has a great view of the Acropolis at night. The girl who ran the bar at night kicked us out after a while (was shouting at us to leave, not very nice) but we didn't know where she was intending for us to go. Luggage storage and common area available. Great location to Acropolis and other ruins.

Nice roof top bar! We were upgraded to the studios and they are really nice!

I booked Athens backpackers but when I arrived they told me to walk down to their other location Athens studios. Not really a big deal but I specifically took a taxi to that address BC my bag is quite heavy and my back was hurting. They say its a five min walk but takes longer esp in the heat of the day and a well meaning local pointed me in the wrong direction. They should tell you ahead of time, by email, if you're not at their main location. Besides that, spacious rooms and clean.

The staff was so friendly and helpful and can't thank you enough for my amazing stay.

Great location. Great people. Clean rooms. Had an awesome stay.

perfect place

Good hostel. Nice to have aircon and a little fridge in the room. We arrived at Athens backpackers but we had the studio room so were sent to the other one- about 3 min walk away. It wasn't a bad walk just would have saved us from stopping off there if there was a confirmation email to notify the different location. Minor point. The rooms were nice and clean and it was nice to have brekky and a lovely ouzo shot included in the stay!

I just stayed a night to get an early flight to the airport. The hostel was fine. Staff was great. Helped me to find a nice route strolling around the acropolis at night.

This hostel is awesome. Staff was always friendly and helpful. Atmosphere is great and fun. Rooftop and sports bar make meeting people very easy.

I really liked my stay here! Such a good location right near a metro station and the acropolis. Love the rooftop bar and included breakfast. Bathrooms were clean and wifi worked well. The guy who checked me in was awesome too!

Excellent hostel, great location and extremely comfortable beds.

Great staff, location, facilities and atmosphere. Rooms/beds were comfortable. Staff very helpful and friendly. Lockers in room were useless. Definitely recommend and would stay again.