Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Athens backpackers has a second building (Athens studios) that is two blocks away from the main hostel and does not have the rooftop bar or common room, this is where I was placed. Not a big deal, still a good room and access to the facilities, but it would I have been nice to be told in advance. Lockers were somewhat small and the ensuite bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. This being said AB is a fun hostel and a great place to meet people. I would stay there again.

The location is great. It is right by the new Acropolis Museum and the Acropolis itself. Quick and easy to the subway and bus for airport, port, etc. The hostel itself is very comfortable. I really enjoyed the rooftop bar. It closes kind of early though so get up there before it does. (11:30pm I think)

Great hostel! The location is so perfect. Rooftop terrace looking right t the Parthenon. Great staff makes it very fun and easy to be there!

We arrived late at night and left early in the following morning, so didnt really get to know the hostel well. The staff on duty was great - helpful, and check in was speedy. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. Location is perfect, close to the Metro for an easy in and out of Athens.

Very good hostel, although a bit expensive. But the rooftop bar and the people you meet are simply amazing.

Great experience! The daily walking tour by George was exceptional, I highly recommend it. Facilities were clean and the staff was always friendly. Thumbs up!

Rooftop bar was cool. Staff were helpful. Great location close to the acropolis and old town. Breakfast was ok. Good kitchen. They just need to remember to restock toilet paper in the rooms - had to go ask for more every day.

Very good hostel, too bad that the staff team isn't so helpful..... But it's ok you don't need them. This place has a great location and during the night the roof bar is the meeting place.

My friend and I had a really nice experience at this hostel. The staff were incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable. The studio apartments are spacious and lovely - you can cook if you want in a fully stocked private kitchen. Speaking of food, the breakfast is nice too. It's located right in the historical centre. Definitely recommend this hostel.

• 30th Apr 2014

I've been traveling for 3 months and this is the best place I've stayed at by far! Perfect location, amazing staff, so much fun! I wanted to stay longer! Only bummer was the breakfast but that's no big deal in the big picture! Love love love this place would definitely come back and recommend to everyone!

The location is perfect, downtown, near the acropolis and metro station. The bedroom was clean, but the lockers were a little too small. You have an amazing view from the rooftop bar. Staff were really helpful and nice, except for the breakfast lady who seemed a little bored! Big common kitchen. Breakfast was more than enough. I had a nice stay there.

Great location right at the foot of the Acropolis and very nice and helpful people at the front desk! Also, the free shots with checking in was a nice touch!

This place really is awesome. It's right in the middle of all the historical sights and it's less than a minute from the metro. The staff went above and beyond when we got stuck in Athens because of the governmental strike. Nice kitchen too. Really clean. The only downside is that they don't have a laundry service. They have a laundromat that costs €10 to wash and dry a load. That's even pricier than it was in the UK.

Location is really great, just a few blocks walking to the Acropolis and Plaka section. There is a metro station just around the corner, many restaurants and sights nearby, you can go anywhere walking from there. Loved the old elevator.

We appreciated a lot our 2 days in Backpackers. We enjoyed the bar on the roof, the breakfast... The room are cleaned.

Cool staff, really good location, special mention to Danae (hope have written right), with her sweet smile and Walter, with some good advices on where to go during the night.

My sister and I stayed at the Athens Backpackers over Easter. The staff layed on a lamb on the spit and yummie Greek salad. This was free. Greek hospitality is amazing. Nothing was a problem there. On day one I managed to lock the key to the locker, in the locker. No problem, the staff with their magic device opened the locker. We will be going back to stay there again. The location is brilliant along with its staff. Thanks Daniel and Paul and the other guy and the two Greek ladies.

• 17th Apr 2014

Great stay here. I hope to return soon. The staff was very helpful.

The hostel was great. We stayed at Athens Studios where we had a great room with a terrace. The room was spacious and we were in a 6 bedroom dorm. The bathroom was small but it was okay. The two main girls at the front in the mornings were amazing. They helped us in everything from telling us how to book ferries to Santorini to where to go in Athens and even showed us an amazing restaurant with homecooked Greek food by a sweet grandma and her husband. Love this place!!! Love Athens

second time here, great as always