Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Excellent hostel, great location and extremely comfortable beds.

Great staff, location, facilities and atmosphere. Rooms/beds were comfortable. Staff very helpful and friendly. Lockers in room were useless. Definitely recommend and would stay again.

Only complaints would be the showers in both Athens Backpackers and in the Studio, (I stayed in both) aren't very well thought out... Shower curtain in one didn't go all the way down so water got all over the bathroom, and in the other there was a small piece of glass between the toilet and the shower water went all over the bathroom.

Loved everything about this place. It's a really nice hostel. Clean. Great location, a minute from the metro. Social environment. Easy to meet people on the rooftop bar overlooking the Acropolis, which is gorgeous. Free breakfast. Good wifi. Loved it and would recommend to everyone this place.

Amazing location, great bar downstairs and helpful staff, really nice room. Terrible wifi though!

We were at Athens Studios. It was great hostel overall. The highlight was the rooftop bar at Athens Backpackers a couple of blocks away. Staff was always nice and helpful when approached, but not actively promoting fun among guests as some places I've stayed before (for example, engaging guests on events like their bar trivia night to recruit people and promote a fun atmosphere or promoting/organizing pub crawls). The room was clean and comfortable. I would not hesitate to come stay here again.

We had to find different accomodation because we were so unhappy with this hostel. The pictures on the site are flamed up versions of what this place really is like. The beds were very uncomfortable clearly old mattresses and the mattress didn't ever. Got the bed properly. There was only 3 lockers for a 4 bed room. The cleaners didn't even knock before they came in just barged in and there version of cleaning the sheets was air drying them outside. The bathrr was run down and dirty.

• 1st Aug 2015

Hi Nicolle, I am really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We take new photos of our properties every 2 years to ensure they are accurate and recent. Our mattresses are top of the range Media Strom mattresses that have 10 year guarantees. And all the rooms have the correct amount of lockers for beds. All linen is changed daily and the bathrooms cleaned 3 times a day. Please come and have a FREE stay on us next time your through as we want you to be happy. Please email me directly. Daniel

Really awesome stay! So close to everything, staff were really nice and the air con was amazing after a long day of exploring.

Best location!! Right by the Acropolis. Good spacious rooms and facilities. Atmosphere wasn't great because there was no common room but I was in Athens studios, I'm sure Athens backpackers would have a better atmosphere.

I was in Athens Studios, which is a few blocks away from the main Athens Backpackers. You are still free to use the facilities of Athens Backpackers. Clean, great A/C! Awesome free breakfast at the cafe nextdoor (bread roll with choice of spread, beans and egg, or egg with veggies and feta cheese). Bar next door to the cafe. Very close to the Acropolis Museum and metro stop. Great free walking tour with an archaeologist starting at Athens Backpackers.

Awesome rooftop bar and amazing location. Great hostel to see and explore Athens :)

Nice roof top bar, nice staff Breakfast is okay (bread and eggs) Good location! Nice Walking tour No locker

Really nice hostel, I was pretty sick the whole time but the atmosphere was really social. The happy hour was pretty good and a decent price. The location is amazzzing, it was walking distance to a lot of really cool stuff like the acropolis and this really nice market. The place was really clean and it had a really cute court yard, also close to a bunch of restaurants and literally 100 m from a metro.

LOVED the location and LOVED the rooftop bar. would defiantly come back

Our exprience was great! All info was delivered accurately, the location is unbeatable and staff was really helpful. We left our luggage at the lockers in order to travel light to the islands and was all secure. Having all the facilites right next to the hostel (laundry, breakfast, sportsbar) is perfect.

They have a big luggage room with couch, kitchen is nice and the rooftop has an awesome sight of the Acropolis. The hostel is very close to the best streets of the center, full of restaurants and stores.

The lockers right next to the beds were great and the balcony attached to our room was awesome. Being close to the metro is super convenient and all the staff were super helpful. Definitely recommend!

Well located, not so good bathrooms

I actually stayed at Athens Studios, the sister hostel of Athens Backpackers. After what seemed like a really long walk from the bus station in Syntagma square in 40 degree heat with my huge backpack on the news that I needed to walk another couple of blocks to the Studios did not sit well. Begrudgingly I did and I have no complaints. The facilities were clean and secure. The staff was polite and helpful and the location is very convenient - just a short walk to the Acropolis and public transit.

Excellent accommodation and prime location