Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Hostel was really nice and we got an upgrade to a private room for the three of us for basically no reason but did not complain! The fact that the hostel was in to buildings a short walk apart was slightly annoying but oh well! Rooftop bar was cool and was a great place to meet people and so was the sports bar by our part of the hostel.

Superb location and great facilities and wifi. The rooftop bar is a plus. The staff is poor, just polite but sometimes different members gave different directions and not very helpful. A letter for me was delivered and they gave it to me 4 days after. Breakfast could be better with what they charge per bed. Anyway, i would stay here again, but i'd like that the hostel could do a bit more to gather the backpackers together.

Brekky was bread and eggs, fruit would have been good. But greatvlocation 100m to train. And walking distance to all the sights.

Just a regular hostel, the staff is usually kind, the position is reareally central and confy, I felt a little blackness of atmosphere, and the rooftop bar is quite overrated. Avoid the shared bathroom option if you can, there's only 1 bathroobathroom for 3 rooms, so generally there's quite a lot to queue

The location cannot get any better. Clean, super central with a basic breakfast where you can choose from 3 options. All with a boiled egg. The rooms are so spacious for a hostel and complete with mini fridge and stovetop. My only complaint was the hostel has no common room Except for the pub beneath it.

Good location for a quick overnight stay!

The hostel is nice, the staff is friendly and it´s very cool they have a walking tour for just 6€. But the floor of the bathroom was always wet because the curtain of the shower is too short (they leave a floorer for us to clean). They should definitely add some light tables for the bunk beds, with plugs because they were all far from the bed, and there is nothing to put your staff on when you go to sleep, like your cell phone or the key card. Wifi was not great, it worked so so, but it was fine

Hostel was so clean and tidy and the staff working in the bars were lovely and friendly. Had a great time! I'd definitely recommend :)

• 24th Aug 2015

Best hostel in Greece! Staff very helpful, always glad to help. We stayed at the Studio building and it was stunning!

• 24th Aug 2015

Good bar. Strange breakie but it's free so all goodzzz! Nice shitter.

My only complaint is that I didn't know which building I was in. It would have been nice to have an email or something saying which building to walk to. Other than that, everything was great!

Really enjoyed my time in Athens Backpackers due to the location and nice staff. I found the rooms to be comfortable and secure and the rooftop bar is a fantastic place to meet people. It does not compare to a hostel you might find in Belgium or Germany but still meets every need. The walking tour for €6 was excellent value for money. The only thing i felt was that it was a little overpriced for what you get but still a very enjoyable stay.

Whilst it is not a bad hostel, felt that it lacks character or personality. The location isn't far from main historic sites but it is placed on a quiet street that has no charm. The building felt more like a sterile college dorm and I found it difficult to meet people in the common area as the common area didn't seem like much.

I stayed in August when it was very hot, but my room was nice and cool. Spacious room and nice balcony. Very clean. Friendly staff. Would stay here again.

Great location, staff was friendly, wish the roof top bar could stay open longer!

I booked Athens Backpackers, but actually stayed at Athens Studio. Felt almost like a hotel in how clean and spatious it was, but there as a great atmosphere. Definitely head to the rooftop bar at Backpackers (4 minute walk away), especially during happy hour.

Felt like the lap of luxury after 2 nights in Serbian sleeper trains. Clean and comfortable. Fantastic location. Staff friendly and helpful. Thank you for a great stay in Athens!

Great hostel, rooftop bar with awesome view, the sport bar at the other building not bad either. The walking tour is a must. Good atmosphere, easy to meet people

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

The evening I was supposed to arrive I had my passport stolen at the airport. I immediately emailed the hostel advising and hopefully requesting a refund for the following night. This was not possible due to their refund policy. So I got charged the full amount without staying there, which is fine. But I'm sure they filled my bed and made money off my misfortune. So this is my way of getting some satisfaction from the money I have paid!

Stayed here for 1 night - 6 bed dorm is very cramped with no storage space for bags. Secure lockers provided - bring your own padlock. Free breakfast provided between 7-9. A/C in the room. Rooftop bar has a great view of the Acropolis at night. The girl who ran the bar at night kicked us out after a while (was shouting at us to leave, not very nice) but we didn't know where she was intending for us to go. Luggage storage and common area available. Great location to Acropolis and other ruins.