Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Loved this place, great vibes!

A great hostel! It's right by the metro and by the Acropolis. The people here are very friendly and great to party with. Rooms are clean, wifi is good, and I would definitely stay here again!

Athens Backpackers was quite simply the best. The staff became instant family; looking out for you and providing you with anything you were looking for. They made every place so much fun and really developed a strong positive atmosphere. The accommodations were also great, with tonnes of other great backpackers and the atmosphere of the hostel was unreal. The two bars were both a blast, I must admit I had never karaoke'd so hard before in my life. Thanks for everything from these guys, Jeff J

• 28th May 2014

Excellent location, staff amazing (specially in the rooftop bar) thay have a bar/rest, washing machines and internet place a couple of blocks away. Beds are confortable, common areas are nice and helps people to interact. Breakfast, was ok.

It was nice to stay once. and if you like hanging out with people, I recommend. But I had some small issues which are not that big deals, but little bit annoying. During shower, hot water stops and come out cold water when other room use water. No big lockers that covers a luggage but only small one you can put in something important(you need your own lock, of course.) and no curtain on beds for privacy. But overall it was okay. good location;)

My experience was wonderful. I was on the third floor in a large airy room with a great view of the city. It is a great location, easy to get to main attractions and safe area at night ... right by the Metro! Also the roof top bar is fantastic! The only downside I could see was the lack of organized event ... but if you are happy to explore on your own it is a great place!

The location is great, and the staff is very nice. The breakfast is somewhat simple (hard boiled eggs, bread rolls, jam, tea, coffee). The common bathroom on my floor got very dirty very quickly, and wasn't maintained too well. The shower in that bathroom also flooded easily. The beds were on the squeaky side, and not the most comfortable, but then again it's a hostel. Overall I would recommend.

Great place to stay while in Athens! The staff and facilities are great, the rooftop bar always has plenty of people to meet and chat with during happy hour, the free walking tour put on by the hostel was one of the best that I've done. We had to keep switching rooms because the place was very busy. But overall we enpoyed it so much that moving from room to room was only a minor inconvenience.

• 21st May 2014

iT WAS GREAT - STAFF REALLY FRIENDLY AND THE ROOM WAS BIG AND WITH A GREAT VIEW. I ENJOYED THE SKYBAR AS WELL. Delia Vernes South Africa

• 21st May 2014
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

Excellent location and very easy to find! Good stay!

Was with a group of 5 friends and we stayed in one of the apartments. Bathroom was tiny and got very wet with showering but the rest of the room was great. Really good location...everything you could need or want to see was nice and close and they had a sports bar and fish and chips shop down stairs. Great place to stay.

Everything was fine, just 2 rather small negative things: The Location of our room was not in the same building as was shown on this homepage, its like 10 minutes walking away. Secondly, at about 10:15am the cleaning personal became seriously stressful, we were still in the phase of packing up (checkout 10:30) but they were so into it to get the linen already. It would be better when they start cleaning at 10:30.

• 18th May 2014

LOCATION CANNOT BE BETTER!

this hostel is the most famous hostel in Athens. location is great. but that's all. I was disappointed. when I arrived there, they told me to stay another Athens backpackers hostel(apartment). another hostel is just 3mins so very close. but it is apartment. kitchen include in the room. it is impossible to cook something in the room. because they are another guest. if you want to cook something, it is better to go original Athens backpackers. and breakfast is very poor.

I had a great time staying there there was a big group that stayed there for a few days. Place may have been a bit different I think this was atypical and people use it for a short stay ahead of the islands. Staff were very friendly and I do like a hostel that organises things to bring people together.

The hostel is based in a perfect location right by the acropolis entrance! Amazing part of town, very pretty. Lots of places to see eat and drink! The hostel itself supplies a good breakfast, rooms are adequate. There is a great roof too bar view. Hostel needs to stop squeaking bunk beds, renew showers, staff need to be more openly welcome, communal area don't offer much. It is a expensive hostel which is relative to competition, but for the price it should be a lot better.

Everything was great, the staff very freindly with great suggestions when you ask them about the city. It's a bit pricey, but you get great facilities, mainly for hanging out with fellow travllers. All the main things I look for in hostels-hot water, keys for all guests, good beds... are present at all times. A bit more can be done on security - mainly have to possiblilty to buy or lease out a padlock for the lockers in the room and breakfast could be better, but those are my only complaints.

• 15th May 2014
  • Serbia

Great Hostel, Excellent Staff, Sweet Elevator

Really good hostel, a little more expensive than others in town but it's worth it for the excellent location, comfy beds and good facilities. An easy walk to Monastiraki square and the acropolis.

Staff were very informative. Showed us one of the absolute best authentic Greek restaurants! I'm still raving about the moussaka! Hostel needs an age limit though.