Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

The tour in the morning for 6 euro was a good way to meet people. George was great, knew a lot and we got a better sense of how to navigate the city. Although initially difficult to find, if you follow the directions explicitly, you find it on the first try. Everything is super close which is fantastic, including the metro and syntagma square with the express bus to the airport, and all the ancient ruins. Staff were helpful with all our questions, wifi worked in rooms, luggage storage great!

My stay at the hostel was great. But, the first night a girl from another room stayed in our room, so one of the girls couldn't sleep in her own bed. I don't know how they resolved this issue. Then, the floor of the bathroom wasn't cleaned once. Nor the bathroom itself, it looks like. The beds were comfy, and there was enough room for bags. The only reason I chose this hostel is because od the rooftop bar, which is amazing. The girls in my room were all very friendly and nice. But it is pricey.

• 1st May 2015
  • Serbia

It was in an amazing location! All the main attractions were within walking distance. Upon arrival they offer you complimentary drink at their roof top bar! Prices of food are also good (9euros or so). and they are very helpful, my sister lost her baggage and the girl spent about 20 minutes calling around trying to locate it! Very clean rooms also. Overall I would recommend it

The hostel had a great atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly from the staff to the guests staying there. The rooms were clean and the facilities were fairly clean as well. It was an overall good experience.

Excellent location, with a great view of the Acropolis from the rooftop bar. Right beside a busy street with tons of restaurants (but on a quiet side street far enough away that you don't get noise) , 10mins walk from the entrance to the Acropolis and less than 5mins walk from a metro station. Very friendly and helpful staff, who helped us with some good tips on a few day trips. Only niggle would be slow WiFi but that could be the amount of ppl trying to use it :-) Would def recommend.

Couldnt be happier at this hostel. Drinking on the rooftop with the owner ed was a treat. As ive never seen an owner before. Met some amazing new mates there as well. Def come back when in athens again

Nothing else to say than I had a very pleasant stay !

Absolutely the best located hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff was also fantastic!

Loved the people and staff I met at the hostel, made the difference! Great location.

A bit too pricey but a great hostel in a near perfect location! The fish and chip shop/sports bar combo makes for a great social hangout. Kitchen area and rooms are well equipped and the room balcony and roof bar are cool features.

Great location, extremely friendly and helpful staff, decent breakfast and clean beds!

Athens was the first stop on my travels and Athens backpackers was a great place to start! Can't do better for location and staff were lovely, very helpful. Would come back again and will recommend to friends.

• 17th Apr 2015

the guy walter from the reception is very very nice and cool,helpful a lot.the hostel is clean and organize.

I sometimes struggled with the weakness of WiFi.

This hostel was absolutely INCREDIBLE! Everyone who worked there was very friendly and had great suggestions for where to visit and good restaurants. I travel often and this is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! I was there the weekend of Greek Orthodox Easter, so I was worried about having nothing to do. However, they had a get together on the rooftop bar and roasted a lamb! Everyone went upstairs and enjoyed the beautiful view with delicious food!

The room was big and bright. Had big lockers for our stuff. Staff was really helpful and friendly. Had an Easter Roast which brought many guests together for a great day in the sun. Excellent location. Would definitely stay here again.

Great hostel, spacious rooms with balcony and bathroom! Rooftop bar, breakfast included. 5-10 minute walk to Acropolis! Laundry and sports bar in another building 5 minutes away

Really liked this hostel, amazing location. Did NOT feel like the walking tour was worth 6 euro, could have been more informative/ comprehensive.

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next » last »