Athens Backpackers Reviews

12 Makri Street, 11742 Athens, Athens, Greece

Prolly one of the best hostel I ever stayed It was only 1 night but I'd love to stay more if I had a chance. Kitchen with perfect equipments. The place with a lot of couches u can chill after checking out and drop luggage. Location is nice too. It's only 20 steps away from exit of metro. I've never walked less to get to hostel.

Good location. Helpful staff. Good common area.

Great experience! Clean hostel, friendly staff, met some cool people. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Athens again.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Ese lugar es más que un hostal, es simplemente perfecto!!!

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Costa Rica

I was transferred to Athens Studio, so this is what I am commenting. Staff is friendly, helpful. Beds are average for this kind of hostel, i.e.not very comfortable. Kitchenette's a nice touch, but the fridge was noisy. Shower very impractical: no separation on the floor, so the bathroom is flooded. Breakfast isn't good. The pub attached to it has fun activities and the way the terrace occupies the whole pavement fosters socialising. I'd probably search something else first but I could come back.

Everything is very good, but the internet is bad in the rooms.

Good location. Breakfast was a joke. Some staff members should change jobs.

Hostel was closed, so they moved us into their sister apartments nearby. Nice rooms, but no rooftop bar. Only common area was a small bar, which often closed very early (before 11pm sometimes)

En general estuvo bien, tiene desayuno incluido eso es bueno pero la cartera se nos calló en el guardaequipaje y la de recepcion no la entrego sin el dinero ya se quedaron con 130 euros no sabemos si fue ella o alguien mas pero nos dejo un mal sabor de boca.

Very noise roommates, so not the hostel's fault. The sheets and pillows had stains on them and there are no free lockers available. I couldn't enjoy the free breakfast as I had to leave early in the morning. Location is very good and conveniently located.

• 7th Jan 2015

Es un hostal muy bien ubicado justo en la zona turisitca a dos cuadras del acropolis tiene servicio de desayuno, solo que nos robaron 130 euros se nos tiro la cartera en el guardaequipaje y regresaron la cartera pero sin dinero.

This hostel is nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only cons about this place were that the room's electricity ran on a card. My friend and I were only given 1 card; we should have been given 2, especially when someone leaves the room. Breakfast was included but wasn't good (boiled eggs, piece of bread, poor ppl food - but at least it was something).

posto molto bello a pochi passi dal centro, confortevole e con la comodità di avere un pub e un piccolo fast food nella stessa struttura.

• 31st Dec 2014

This hostel is gold! The location is literally a 3 minute walk from the Acropolis. There are cute restaurants along the street, but you can also walk a few more minutes and get to some less touristy areas. We had to change our plans a few times and the staff worked well with using were friendly and helpful about the city. The dorms were some of the more spacious ones I've stayed in. Overall it was a fantastic experience.

Excellent location. It is right off of the Acropolis and Acropoli museum. Walking distance from other main attractions. The facilities are great with lots of room space.

A nice apartment smack in the middle of Athens from which you can walk down to all the attractions..

The room was nice. But a small problem in the toilets that needs to be fixed. The water from the shower fills the whole floor of the toilet.

• 23rd Dec 2014

Regardless of the quality of its sister hostel, which was disappointingly poor, if I had wanted a room at Athens Studios, I would have booked a room at Athens Studios. If Athens Backpackers is closed in the winter due to renovations, then they shouldn't be taking bookings. And they definitely shouldn't be informing customers of the closure only upon arrival.

Very nice hostel with a hell of location, just besides the Acropolis. They needed to change us to another building because of problems with the heater, and they were very attentive in explaining and making us confortable. We had a room in an almost-flat, with own its kitchen, common room and bathroom, which was awesome. Recommended.

LOVED this hostel! Location was great, loved how the rooms, breakfast, bar, and laundry was all right there next to each other. Great place if you want to meet people. Staff was extremely helpful and super accommodating. Rooms had their own bathroom, small kitchenette and a common area to hang out. Would definitely recommend!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7