Athens Colorful Urban Home

Rating 301 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
2.0

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Avoid this place. On arrival they didn't have our reservation and no idea who we were despite booking months prior. The hostel is under another hotel name. One of the beds was broken. No air con and in Athens summer this is painful. We only had a fan and could not sleep the whole night. Didn't stay the other night and was not provided a refund despite everything that went wrong. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017
6.9

NO AIR CONDITIONING! NO FANS! Do NOT go in the summer- it was unbearably hot. This made it impossible to spend leisure time in our room and made sleeping unbearable. Besides thats, everything was fine. Fully equipped kitchen, a little balcony off the room. The "free breakfast" was essentially just crackers and jam. It was fine but not ideal. I would stay here again, but not in the warmer months.

• USA, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2017
3.4

It's not in a great neighborhood. Urban is right. I didn't feel safe in the room, or that the room was clean, and I tried to check out at 8am the next morning, but had to wait until I could speak to the owner after noon. The apartments are old. The facilities were strange. They had very specific policies, most of which weren't a problem, but they seemed zealous to charge you extra. Breakfast was nothing more than a small piece of pre toasted bread

• England, Couple, 25-30
9th Jun 2017
2.9

The cooker blew up when I tried to use it and gave me an electric shock. After that the power went out so our apartment was in complete darkness for several hours. The manager blamed me for all of this and refused to give us our money back. The area is horrible. Around our hostel there was a man with no shirt covered in blood, and directly outside the hostel there was a woman injecting drugs. Avoid this place. The worst place I have ever stayed.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
3rd Apr 2017

The hostel is set in a quite central location, you can reach all sights easily by foot. However, you should be a bit cautious at night since the neighborhood is maybe not the safest one. The rooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated, a little breakfast is offered as well. I would definitely recommend this hostel, especially for the very welcoming hosts that give perfect recommendations and help you with your trip in and around Athens! We had a really nice stay!