Athens House Hostel Reviews

Aristotelous 4, Athens, Greece

Tanya is the best. She made the atmosphere welcoming and introduced us to other hostellers! She should run the place.

We arrived after the taxi drives warnings of staying out of this part of the city.

• 23rd Jul 2014

WORST HOSTEL FOREVER! Fleas in beds! my friend was bitten by the unknown fleas by >30 bites, having allergy and red bubble! I can tell it is not an exceptional case, since the people leaving next to us also have fleas bit!The room is ready at 10PM! when we arrived at 3pm and the reception tell as it will be clean very soon but when we come back at 7PM the room is still not yet cleaned and tidied.people leaving early cannot find the host to get back their bags (rang the bell), no 24hr reception!

For one, this hostel is located in probably the one of the most dangerous areas in Athens. We saw a couple of prostitutes and a woman doing drugs a block away from the hostel with a police officer not too far away from the whole thing. This area of Athens is deteriorating. I probably had one of the worst nights sleep in my life here. There was constant loud chatter and heavy walking around until three am, and not mention the yelling from the streets. Women avoid this place, I didn't feel safe.

To start there were prostitutes outside. The area was so sketchy. Walking in I wasn't sure if it was a joke or real life. It's cheap but not worth it. The water was cold. The blankets and pillows were dirty. And there was loud noise all night long so if you stay here I hope you don't plan on actually sleeping.. Never would recommend to stay here espically a group of women.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Horrible!! I did not get to even stay at Athens hostel because when I got there they said they were booked, yet I already had a booking! Apparently there is a lag between what they actually have available and what's online. They took me to a hostel close by associated with them, Louaz something, and it was horrible! Poor service, poor facilities, no hot water, no toilet paper in bathrooms and no sink in bathrooms, but in the dorm room instead. Disgusting!

• 1st Jun 2014