Athens International Youth Hostel - Victor Hugo Reviews

16 Victor Hugo, Athens, Greece

We completely fell in love with Greece! The place is great, we were able to leave our baggage for two days.

Great hostel and a true value for money, but mind the fact that there is no night clock, so there is no reason for the staff to tell people to be silent. A huge group of youngsters was occupying the 4th,5th and 6th floor when we stayed at Athens Int. youth hostel and they were partying the whole night as if the hoste was a club. Only after asking the staff multiple times that a hostel is meant to be a place where one should be able to sleep the group was sent away.. at 00h .. to come back 03h..

• 28th Nov 2014

I got BED BUGS my first night. They were good about moving me and did do a thorough clean of my old room but gave no discount or sympathy towards the incredible pain that was caused by them. The kitchen is also filthy.

We arrived at 22:00 in the night (as we stated when making the reservation) but our room had already been given so they could'nt accommodate us in there. The man in reception just kept saying "Don't worry, don't worry" and sent us to another hostel in Plaka although Victor Hugo's location was far more convenient for us (we weren't in Athens to visit the old town). If you can, try to avoid this place.

Only two lockers in a 4 bed dorm worked, the area wasn't the best, you had to hold the shower head but cheap place if you don't mind.

l'auberge en elle même est correcte, rien d'exceptionnel, mais j'y ai rencontré plein de gens sympa donc j'aime bien cette expérience. the hostel is OK nothing special but I met a lot of cool people there so I really appreciated my stay.

For the price, the hostel is okay. There was no hot water during the day. They have only one key for the whole dorm, which it is not really convinience. Some lockers were broken. The bathrooms really need maintenance.

The bathroom was very dirty, there were no towels and the room was also very dirty. In my bed there were stuff from the previous person (the staff just left these stuff there, I think it was one lipstick and another makeup item). I paid a cheap price, so I think it's an ok hostel to sleep just one night.

The pictures that they show are Not of the place that we've rent. The structure is old and Poor. There aren't enough lockers for all the beds, and many of them are broken. The bathroom is like a public service. And the staff is not friendly at all. Wifi doesn't ever works. The guests Havea very unpleasant time in this type of places.

The hostel is about 15 minutes walking from downtown, a few blocks from a subway station. It is not the best, but not the worst. For the price, I think it is okay. The receptionists should be nicer and the rooms need to be cleaned more. The bathrooms really need maintenance. I stayed there twice. The second time, they had no place for me, even I had a reservation. He was really mint. Finally he said, he gave me a favor and put me with other guys who booked a private. They oversold the hostel.

I booked this hostel due the facility listed Airport transfer but there is no such ease! which caused me such troubles....

I spent a night in a couple's room and it was awful. Not clean at all, twin bed but one of them so bad that we slept in two in one single bed. Bathroom was so ugly that we consider sleep without take a shower the best option. Not recommend this hostel.

Very secure, clean and best value for money in Athens. Great staff and cheap breakfast with lots of choices. Dorm was clean however bathroom was a little average. Great stay overall though would highly recommend!