Athens International Youth Hostel - Victor Hugo Reviews

16 Victor Hugo, Athens, Greece

Our stay was very nice at Athens International Youth Hostel; we had everything that we needed and communicated very well with the staff. Our only complaints are that the wifi did not work for our entire stay, not even in the lobby, and that our floors in our dorm were very dirty upon arriving. Other than that, the atmosphere was great, the living arrangements very comfortable, and the hostel was very easy to get to from the metro.

The sorroundings are not nice and they were painting The kitchen, SP It was unconfortable to use. The test was acceptable

It was a really good time, the hostel are near to the center and to the bus station. You can find a lot people from everywhere, and have a new contacts

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Spain

The rooms are very very small and dirty, the bathroom is an authentic nightmare...it's near a metro station but the street doesn't feel that safe at night. I wouldn't repear my stay there unless there were really no other options.

Breakfast not included

this is definitely the worst hostel ive ever stayed, extremely dirty, stains on bathroom walls, many mosquitoes and unknown living things, bedbugs on the bed

Good location, about 15 walk to centre. Staff are helpful. Got out washing done for pretty cheap too. Rooms are smAll and hot but the weather can't be helped and we survived haha :)

Amazing place! Got upgraded from dorm to single room. Was a great stay sadly only for one night.

Picture the sketchiest street you've ever seen. Now add in cracked buildings, broken blinds, stray cats, wailing sirens, and casual junkies. Welcome to Athens International! I didn't feel comfortable stepping outside the hostel, much less staying inside. I left early the next morning for a much, much better place. Read my full reviews of Greek hostels at aroundtheworldwithalison dot com.

I stayed in a four bed dorm. - The bathroom was awful, there was mould on the ceiling. Also the locker had a pretty mouldy smell. The bed was OK, the sheets were clean, but apparently I was lucky, because another guy staying in a different room showed me his bed bug bites. The air condition didn't work so we had to leave the balcony door open all night, which made it really noisy at times. Also slamming doors were annoying. + The staff was nice and the WiFi worked well. I don't recommend it

The staff made our stay here. We brought them ideas for the following day each night and they helped us find bus stops, metro stops, and gave us other suggestions of places to see in Athens and beyond. If it weren't for the front desk staff, we might have found somewhere else to stay.

Good: the staff are awesome, breakfast was really good and cheap, their are lockers in the room but bring your own padlock. There is a lift. Our walking tour guide called the area the Albanian ghetto but it was absolutely fine - he's obviously never been to south east London before. Bad: kitchen was gross. The floors seemed like they hadn't been mopped in ages. The hostel itself was a bit run down but they were doing renovations. And had new mattresses being delivered. The mattresses were awfu

My two friends and I stayed for one night. We took metro from the airport and in 30' we arrived there. The gentleman at reception advise us about restaurants, facilities and how to get into acropolis. Great stay, highly recommended for young people!

• 8th May 2014
  • Spain

In general it was OK, the personel could be a little more polite when answering questions and providing information.

Staff was friendly, but seemed quite lost when we mentioned we have a booking via hostelworld.com and couldn't find it for some time. Rooms were ok-ish clean, beds were too small for taller people. Hygienic conditions in the bathroom were disastrous, same goes for the kitchen. We were repelled to cook our food there (stove didn't work properly either). The area is far from nice, close to a metro station but that's about it. Only really positive thing was the price.

It is a little dirty.

Great Staff! I enjoyed being in the heart of Athens. I prefered to dodge the expensive touristy areas and experience the real city. I had a great time with everybody there. I hung out at cyber cafes run by Kurdish people and had a terrific time with them! Learned a lot and was treated like an honored guest! The easy access to the Metro helped a lot! Learn the Athens Metro, it's easy, and you'll have no problems with getting around or Getting Back Home!

It was a pretty run-down hostel at a somewhat sketchy neighborhood, but the staff were very nice, and I had a fine stay! And definitely good value for the money.

• 4th Apr 2014

The Hostel it is closer the station very easy or if you decide go to downtown by walk it 15~20 min. The hostel is very clean and the bed are confortable.