Athens Studios Reviews

3A Veikou St, Makrigyianni, Athens, Greece

Location is incredible! Right beside ghe Acropolis, besides streets with many restaurants, lively at night. The roofstop bar at the sister hostel nearby and which we have access is great with an amazing view. Closes at 11 and you can continue drinking at the sports bar below the athens studios. Very good atmosphere. It is very clean as well. Only thing ia that they offer a locker, but a normal backpacker backpack wont fit in it. I highly recommend the place.

great 3 night stay! awesome hostel! not a single complaint!

We loved our time at Athens Studios! Very friendly, clean place, it was great having such a big room with a small kitchenette IN the room. It was a good location and staff were helpful and friendly. It would have been good to have a common area to go to, but the space in the rooms made up for it!

We had a studio apartment that was spacious and included our own kitchenette! It was perfect. The wifi worked well in our room and the ensuite bathroom was clean! The location is a 5min. walk to the Acropolis. It was very easy to get to this hostel using the metro: just follow their directions posted online. Overall, the staff here were friendly and helpful. Nice place to stay.

This hostel was amazing!!! Great location, less than five minutes walk to the entrance of the Acropolis, Metro stop and cafes and bars. The rooms were clean, air-conditioned and ours (6 person shared ensuite) had a fridge and sink. Also very secure with swipe cards, lockers and a 24 hour desk. Oh and there is a basic free breakfast which can be upgraded for only one or two Euro. There isn't really a common area but, the hostel has two bars nearby where everyone seems to go.

The big picture works well and smoothly and we enjoyed at Athens Studios. Electronic access control to the staircase and room operated perfectly but we didn't see the benefit of additional card for electricity. Our rooms had lots of space and air condition worked nicely with different settings in the living room and the bed room. The possibility of a safe locker in the luggage room with a small fee created confidence. The breakfast included was a bit poor.

The free breakfast was very skimpy for what the hostel costs. Overall, the place is very complete and professional, however.

Nice place with welcoming and helpful staff. There was a cockroach in the room when I got there, and there weren't plugs by the bed, but other than that it was fine. It was nice to have a kitchen, and the location was really pretty perfect.

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel in Athens, the atmosphere was great and I met some awesome travelers. Great location. The only thing I had a problem with is on the day of check out, which was suppose to be at 10:30am the cleaning staff came into my room at 10am and began aggressively vacuuming around me basically forcing me out without being able to take a shower. It was annoying with a full day of travel ahead of me.

Great hostel, great location!

A clean and spacious hostel room, plenty of room for everyones luggage, nice bathroom, and a little kitchenette stocked with tea and coffee. Wifi worked really well throughout the hostel and the breakfast was good, great place to stay in Athens!

I booked at Athens studio but they put me in Athens backpackers. But both locations are fine so I didn't have a problem. The rooms are decent sized and pretty clean. The only thing is they didn't have enough outlets and they weren't near the beds. Breakfast is just hard boiled eggs and bread. The rooftop has an amazing view!

Air Conditioning was broken in Room 3. It might still be the low season but when you cram six bodies into a room and nothing to fix the air conditioning thats pretty upsetting. It was hot, I felt beads of sweat pile up on my chest. Very disappointing. I believe I didn't get what I paid for.

Hi, After the report came in about you not having the remote control for the aircon. I personally came up to the room and found it and left in on the table. This was done within 10 minutes and the air conditioner was 100% ok and working. I am sorry you still aren't happy and this wasn't quick enough for you. Come through again and we will give you a free night to put that smile back on your face. Daniel

Excellent location and the most helpful staff. The rooms are okay, but would need refurnishing and a bit more thorough cleaning. The beds were probably very good in the 1980's.

Amazing location. Studios is one block from the Acropolis and Backpackers (same owners) is half a block closer. There's a strip of restaurants right next to both and Studios also runs its own cafe/bar/laundrymat. The place is very clean and the staff are nice. Atmosphere at Studios wasn't quite for us though - a bit harder to meet people. Might be easier at Backpackers. You can grab a walking tour for £6 from there and were able to meet people on that though.

Superb location, the staff were helpful and friendly. The studio rooms, even as dorms, were clean, tidy and well equipped, though there could have been more plug sockets for the dorm bedroom itself. Thoroughly recommended!

Wonderful, helpful staff, great bar and cafe, free walking tours, and amazing location. So glad I chose to stay here my first time in Athens! The only downside is that there's no living area inside the hostel, but it's easy to meet people at the bar and cafe downstairs. Definitely recommend staying here when you're in Greece!

Awesome spot, great staff. All around excellent

← Back to search results