Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Good roof top bar. Wifi was handy. Right near train station and flea market

• 27th Aug 2015

Athenstyle was definitely a great hostel to stay at - good location, helpful staff, comfy beds and great view of the Acropolis!! I stayed for one night before my busabout trip, and would stay there again.

• 21st Aug 2015

This hostel charges a lot for crappy beds, showers that don't work properly and the worst pillows I've encountered.

Staff helpful Rooftop bar good Wifi unreliable Shower head broken Noisy/echoey from hallway at night No lockers available Good location

Staff were friendly and the hostel itself lived up to standards. However, for a hostel that celebrates its fun and social atmosphere, it simply didn't deliver. The rooftop bar is nice, but they cancelled our free walking tour due to not having enough interest, and I needed that as a solo traveler in order to meet others. It seems fine for groups, but I cannot recommend for those traveling alone. I've had much better social experiences elsewhere.

Great Moussaka. good rooftop bar

• 16th Aug 2015

Great location, great hostel with an awesome bar on the roof, Totally recommended!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Greece

Awesome place! Rooftop bar has cheap drinks and an amazing view. Loved it

The view is the real star of the show. My BF and I stayed here for one night only - and we were more than happy with our stay. Check in/out was easy. We sat at the roof top bar for hours chatting away and watching the Acropilis morph (from day to night). Staff were friendly and helpful and there is aircon in the room (just make sure someone's key is in the electricity who ISNT leaving at 4 am - or you will be very hot hahaha). All in all, a good little hostel for a great price.

Absolutely the best hostel I've been in while in Europe, although we did pay for a deluxe private room. I definitely recommend spending a little more and going deluxe for a perfect experience! Wifi is only in the common room, but my Andoid phone picked up the wifi in our room across the street! Aircon, great bathroom with excellent hot water pressure, very clean and comfortable. Staff were amazing and friendly. Location was amazing and right in the heart of Athens!

The air con did not work & it was like a sweat box..... Unfortunately I am staying there again for 1 night.... Just due to group/ conveinience.... But NEVER EVER again. Owner should learn how to smile too.... Very rude.

It would be great if the WiFi was available in a few areas outside of reception, because it gets really crowded and hard to access. I found that the security guard on the night shift was a little rude and unfriendly to us during our stay. Besides that, we really enjoyed our stay here, the general vibe is amazing. That rooftop bar is top quality as well!

Toilets where always blocked. Staff where rude and unhelpful. Found cockroaches in my room. Sheets where dirty. Showers did not work properly. Aircon leaked water on my head while I slept.

I was in the second building which wasn't that nice. there was mould all over the roof in the shower.

Security was poor. Staff where rude. Facilities where dirty.

the hostel was amazing. there was just one particular guy in the reception that was very rude to us when we ask him to help us with a flight check in.

This hostel is very rare--it does some things well and other things like a train wreck I've never seen before. Good--great location, walking tour, and atmosphere--friendly people, terrace, Bad--choppy Internet only available downstairs, loud obnoxious groups (thx busabout), Ugly--the longest checkin of any hostel I've ever stayed in (1 hr long lines and this happens consistently), impossible to get help from reception due to lines, no service attitude to speak of, poor management (ok staff)

Really good bar food and atmosphere. The view is also spectacular.

Staff were fantastic. The room was quite hot though, even with AC.

The hostel is well located, although looks like quite a dodgy place in Athens it is only short walks to great markets and stunning scenery. Unfortunately they are understaffed here and I ended up waiting over and hour just to check in. It would be helpful to add another computer to check people in and possibly have a second staff member at the desk at all times. Apart from that Athenstyle is a nice hostel to stay at to see the different sights of Athens :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7