Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Moved our things in the middle of our stay to a different room without any warning.came back from seeing the sights, opened the door and found people in our room. Went to reception and they switched our rooms, moved our belongings and were not apologetic at all. There was no warning this could've happened at all which was the worst part.

- definitely above par hostel- clean, comfortable, great location. - could use WIFI in the rooms or the bar upstairs- was a bit of a pain having to sit in reception to do any work/research/emailing

The staff isn't really helpful. I arrived at the hostel at 5pm to check in. And the guy at the reception told me to wait for a moment. After waiting for twenty minutes, he checked me in but told me that my bed wasn't ready. It took me more than an hour to finally get into my room. Also there is no age restriction to this hostel which made the atmosphere not as good as I expected.

The rooftop bar is reason enough to stay here, it's amazing, especially with the free breakfast. Felt a like a hotel in terms of quality but also in atmosphere though

Pros: Great location: 15 minute walk to monuments, 1 minute to Monastiraki station and Psiri square (Eat and drink here! Go to Beer Time, make friends with Helena!) Rooms are clean and showers hot, communal area is lovely :) Free walking tour was amazing but 5 hours long. Cons: Staff aren't rude but certainly are NOT welcoming. If you find it so exasperating to help tourists, then don't work in a hostel. xoxo If you're above floor 3 you're gonna be kept awake by the noise from the rooftop bar.

staff were very helpful, especially Noei

• 22nd Apr 2015

The location was good, very close to the metro and the rooftop bar was great, but those were the only good things about staying in this hostel. My dorm room felt dirty, as did the bathroom. It was never cleaned in my 3 days staying there. The staff was not particularly friendly, and though breakfast was included, everything else costed an additional fee - computer, bag storage, towels, even the pool table and film projector in the basement! This seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

Very nice staff and location. Love the happy hour.

Perfect location and the roof bar has a great view! The only thing that wasn't the greatest was the size of the bathroom and shower in the 8 person rooms.

• 19th Apr 2015

Nice hostel where I had the opportunity to meet some great people. The rooftop bar was nice and it was conveniently located by the station and a quick walk up to the Parthenon or any of the other ruins scattered around Athens.

The first night we came to Athenstyle the staff at the front desk was helpful, informative and even gave us tips on how the bus worked but the second staff was super rude imo. I asked to print off my boarding pass that I saved on my USB/ jumpdrive and he rudely said "I don't want to" . I wanted to know his reasoning why he wouldn't print it off but he kept saying "no, I don't want to". Eventually, he printed off my pass via email but I still think he had bad customer service.

There were some very inconsiderate people talking very loudly between 12-3am on several occasions and the staff did nothing to control the situation. This sadly made the experience less then ideal at the hostel, otherwise everything else was fine. Also i feel 8am breakfast is rather late, as every morning i was gone by 7-7,30am so didnt get any breakfast while i stayed, perhaps they could start the breakfast at 7am, which i have had at all the other hostels i have stayed at.

Rooftop bar! Friendly staff, great atmosphere, super nice rooms. We had an awesome time here, common areas were excellent. Very easy to meet and go out with new friends.

We were disappointed that the non-smoking law inside the rooftop bar was not observed. Otherwise an excellent hostel.

The best rooftop bar ever but I has terrible showers and is not so clean.

First off, the location is incredible and can't be beat. However, there was no heat in our room, and the blankets provided to us were not thick enough to suffice. Generally, an okay stay.

• 7th Apr 2015

Fantastic location right near a busy square in athens. you can see Acropolis from the rooftop bar (which is amazing). free walking tours, great people and cheap beer.

Very nice terrace and unbeatable location.

No wifi in your rooms and it's the 21st century?? Are you kidding me?? Also our room smelt horrible

• 5th Apr 2015

Would not stay again. Upon checkout, I returned my sheets and towel as requested, but did not get my deposit back. The guy at the desk told me I did not give them a deposit, even though I most certainly did. I had a ferry to catch, so did not have time to argue with him. I wasn't as upset about losing the €10 as I was about the principal--I felt scammed. I also met a girl at my hostel in Santorini who said the same thing happened to her...

« first « Prev 1 2 3