Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

6 room dorm was very small with no space to open suitcases when trying to pack in the morning

I received some bed bug bites whilst staying here, which I had confirmed by the pharmacy. However, when I tired to notify the reception so they could resolve the situation for future guests I was rudely told that there were no bed bugs and it must be something else. Although it was quite clear this was not the case. Very poor customer service. The wi-fi is also very poor. The walking tour which leaves from the hostel is very good - but I would advise staying elsewhere.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I was booked for athenstyle for one night however they put ke in the neighbouring hostel instead. I paid for a room at athenstyle which is more expensive but got one of the worst rooms next door. I was less than impressed by this but was only one night thankfully.

Only stayed one night, but it was good value for money and well located. It was though a bit noisy, since close to main roads.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Very close to underground train line to and from airport. Good location to see the acropolis and for tourist shopping and eating. Roof top bar had great view. Free Breakfast was average - bread, jam and butter it cereal with milk. Skip it and go down the road to any restaurant for a local yogurt.

Shower was in the main room where the beds are kept. Should be in the bathroom.

great location, ok for one night

Great location. Rooftop bar has amazing views of the acropolis. Basic accommodation. A little overpriced compared to similar accommodation in the area.

This is a good hostel to stay for a few nights in Athens. Great rooftop bar and the staff was nice. Rooms are OK but nothings special. As Budget accomdation goes in Athens though it is a good place to stay.o

If your on the 6 floor it is noisy from bar. And loud people walk to elevator and then talking loudly. So ask to be in any of the other floors

Was great for a overnight stay being on the 6th floor you can every chair scrape and music and talking from the roof top bar. Very helpful staff.

Had everything I required, staff available all the time and exactly what I needed for my stay either side of my tour that left and came back to Athens.

• 3rd Sep 2014

No lockers in rooms Looks really dodgy the rooms next door as you enter them Rooms were clean and tidy. Roof bar was good. No wifi in rooms only in reception

Perfect location - close to the Acropolis and all of the main sites in Athens. I had a few issues with my room key not working and had to keep coming down to reception. The walking tour was great! Not the greatest atmosphere to meet people as a solo traveller but was fine for 2 nights.

Great hostel with a great staff, always willing to help with anything. Perfect.

Enjoyed the rooftop bar and its views. The location of the hostel was its strong point as its walking distance to Athens ancient ruins and various bars and restaurants. The process to check in at reception was one of the slowest i've experienced whilst traveling and staying at different hostels.

Hard to find but when you get there it's awesome. My only downside was the very loud toilet flushing that is quite numerous through the night in a multiple person dorm

I think we may have just got a bad room but we were a little disappointed with how run down it was. But amazing location!

While the main building was quite nice, our room in the building next door was disgusting. There was a grate on the floor of the bathroom, which was broken, exposing sewage. The entire room smelled like sewage the entire weekend, and there were wads of hair on the sink when we arrived.

• 21st Aug 2014

Great location. Very expensive hostel for what it can offer. There a 2 parts of this hostel. The Main building were reception is, and another building next door. The main building is fine, aircon, clean and wifi works. Not very good though. The other building is old, run down with no aircon. I stayed twice in this hostel, one time in each building. The 2 nights I stayed in the old building were the worst 2 nights I've had in any hostel. Disgustingly hot.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7