Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Wifi was only provided in the lobby (not in the individual rooms), which was a bit of a hassle. Additionally, in order to have the lights on, you needed to place your key card in the light switch. Then, when someone left, the lights would turn off. The steps were very poorly lit, and they were a bit hard to navigate in the dark. There were not enough outlets in the room for each person to be charging at the same time. Overall, though, an average experience.

The shower curtain in the room was far too short and the bathroom floor was always wet. Other than that, Athenstyle hostel may be the best hostel I've ever stayed at in the 21 countries I've visited. Great location, great value for money and awesome rooftop bar

There was a really great atmosphere in the hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was perfect and the hostel was so central it was easy to walk to all the major sites.

• 28th Nov 2014

The staff are the real heart of Athenstyle. They we're warm, knowledgable, fun and made us feel like a family. The facilities we're great, bar was cheap and great view! Expensive laundry and a few goofy rules (like no food anywhere except the kitchen). Trust your AMAZING staff. But overall, loved our stay, the tour leaves directly from door and great restaurants nearby! You may even meet your new best bud.

Amazing location, just in a middle of everything, clean, friendly, with a roof terrace with a view to acropolis

Perfect location in down town Athens, close to acropolis etc. Staff and facilities all excellent. Couples room was Hugh with its own balcony looking at the Acropolis! Huge lockers €2 per day, close to metro direct to and from airport. Wifi only in lobby but worked well even with lots of others using it.

very nice and friendly team / staff... good atmosphere in the entrance / foyer, sitting around... It was a pleasure to be there! Very good location in the center of Athens - perfect for tourists :-)

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Austria

I love the atmosphere in the hostel. It is the perfect balance of social and relaxed. Not a crazy party hostel but the rooftop bar and lounge are a great way to meet people. If I return to Athens, i'd definitely stay here again

• 23rd Oct 2014

Perfect location near Monostiraki square. The rooftop bar was such a pleasure to use during the sunset and for breakfast, so relaxing and beautiful! The breakfast was somewhat lacking, but it was free. The bar has a happy hour special for 2 beers for the price of 1, and then the other drinks range from 3 to 7 euros thereabouts. There is a nice lobby area and downstairs area with a projector for movies. The shower is very near the toilet, so the bathroom is always wet, but not too bad.

Athenstyle is a great hostel. The best thing to me was the roof top bar where you have breakfast in the mornings or go for drinks in the evenings while having this stunnig great view over Athens and the Akropolis! Our double-bed room had some crazy paintings on the wall. Very colourful. I liked that. The matress of my bed was not the best - but have I mentioned the roof top bar already? :P The staff was very helpful! When I´m in Athens next time I would choose this hostel again!

The location is excellent, breakfast is basic, the apartment dorms are nice, no lockers however in the room, very small bathroom, fun bar downstairs

Great Hostel, great location, great staff! Only downside, shower curtains were old and not so clean.

Could ask for a better location. The staff were friendly and really helpful. It's not a party hostel but I found it a good place to meet like minded travellers. The upstairs bar has amazing views. The included breakfast is pretty standard but the $6 meals from the restaurant were fantastic. has to be one of the best hostels I've stayed at in the last three months of travelling :)

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

6 room dorm was very small with no space to open suitcases when trying to pack in the morning

Friendly staff, clean rooms and good breakfast. Spotty wifi access.

Great place, fun and friendly atmosphere, helpful and fun staff

I really liked my stay at Athenstyle. The rooms are comfortable and the roof top bar is really cool. It's right next to the train station and the acropolis. I would stay here again

Pretty good location here and nice and comfortable stay. The walking tour from the hostel was an added bonus for the trip. Breakfast isn't anything flash and fairly standard but the view from the rooftop is awesome. Staff are friendly but not overly helpful in terms of sight seeing and what to do. Wifi is in common rooms only, not in rooms! Would stay here again and do recommend the place but could do a bit more to be an amazing hostel.

I received some bed bug bites whilst staying here, which I had confirmed by the pharmacy. However, when I tired to notify the reception so they could resolve the situation for future guests I was rudely told that there were no bed bugs and it must be something else. Although it was quite clear this was not the case. Very poor customer service. The wi-fi is also very poor. The walking tour which leaves from the hostel is very good - but I would advise staying elsewhere.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

I was booked for athenstyle for one night however they put ke in the neighbouring hostel instead. I paid for a room at athenstyle which is more expensive but got one of the worst rooms next door. I was less than impressed by this but was only one night thankfully.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5