Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Great location, friendly people. Only complaint is how loud it was. Almost impossible to sleep and I can sleep through most things

• 2nd Jul 2015

The staff was awesome and the rooftop bar was very cool. Cool atmosphere with so many other young travelers.

Very dissapointed by this hostel! Especially for the $$ I payed for it. My room was not even in the hostel it was next door in a creepy apartment building. The breakfast was pretty average so if your booking it for that, don't. Didn't feel very welcome in this hostel, weird vibe.

Sociable, safe and central. Roof top bar is great and makes meeting new people easy.

No wifi in rooms. Some of the staff was really un personable. The pillows were very flat and the beds were extremely squeaky. The first key they gave me didn't work and it was 1 AM when I checked in so I surely woke up my whole room trying to open the door with the bad key :(

Breakfast was meagre but I loved my stay

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

We stayed here for only one night by we really liked this place. Located just 10min walking distance from the Acropolis, it has many facilities and an awesome rooftop bar that should be visited. Our room was in the building just beside which was not very well maintained, but nothing too serious, would definitely return.

Location was awesome! Right in the centre of everything. We found that the bathrooms were usually smelly and dirty. The rooms were quite small, but all in all, it was a good stay. The roof top patio was good and the view was great. Wifi only worked in the lobby, but we had a room on the first floor so it reached up there as well. We got lucky on that one!

The staff is great and very helpful! The rooms are pretty clean, but the shower is not the Best. Great value for money and Perfect location.

Great location and good rooftop bar. Accommodation is a bitest ordinary if your staying in the building next door.

• 21st Jun 2015

The best part of this hostel is the location. it is central to everything.

I only had one day in Athens and this hostel served as the perfect location to get a taste of what Athens has to offer without running around the entire city! The staff were great and the dorm was clean! The best part of this hostel is the rooftop! It was happening on a Friday night and the views are amazing!

This hostel is huge! Staff were good, very friendly. Wifi only in the lobby. There is limited luggage storage, on my checkout day all of the lockers in the storage room were taken and when I asked at reception if there was anywhere else I could put my backpack he just shrugged and said no. Rooftop terrace is great and has an amazing view!

Overall it was a great experience. The roof top bar, also the location for the included breakfast, looked over the with views of Athens. The free walking tour showed us everywhere we wanted to go under the guidance of a local who was very helpful .

• 18th Jun 2015

Top score for location and security, but the showers were a joke and the AC was broken, so I ended up not sleeping during my stay and not really getting a shower.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Norway

Staff is super nice, rooftop bar is great! Hostel is close to lots of cool bars and restaurants. Best hostel to stay in while in Athens.

• 17th Jun 2015

Most of the staff was friendly, although the girl that checked us in seemed like she was doing us a favour when it is her job. Very unfriendly and looked pissed off the whole time. Bathroom cleanliness could have been better. Beds were okay. Location is good. I suggest spending a day getting out of the monastiraki area. Rooftop was good although not enough seats. Get there early for happy hour.

Good place to spend time and explore Athens, friendly staff. Staff needs to ensure showered don't back up, need Plummer to fix issues with showers

• 16th Jun 2015

Very very poor bathroom, the worse I ever reach in a hostel. The hot water pipe of the shower is exposed,what is a real danger. The drain has an insufficient diameter, which makes that you bath like in a pool, with your feet immersed in the dirty water. There's no ventilation, no exhaust, no window. Also, no WIFI in the rooms. Nice staff and location.

Great location and rooftop bar. Fastest hostel WiFi I have seen. Bathrooms were tiny though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7