Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Very close to underground train line to and from airport. Good location to see the acropolis and for tourist shopping and eating. Roof top bar had great view. Free Breakfast was average - bread, jam and butter it cereal with milk. Skip it and go down the road to any restaurant for a local yogurt.

This is a good hostel to stay for a few nights in Athens. Great rooftop bar and the staff was nice. Rooms are OK but nothings special. As Budget accomdation goes in Athens though it is a good place to stay.o

If your on the 6 floor it is noisy from bar. And loud people walk to elevator and then talking loudly. So ask to be in any of the other floors

Was great for a overnight stay being on the 6th floor you can every chair scrape and music and talking from the roof top bar. Very helpful staff.

Had everything I required, staff available all the time and exactly what I needed for my stay either side of my tour that left and came back to Athens.

• 3rd Sep 2014

No lockers in rooms Looks really dodgy the rooms next door as you enter them Rooms were clean and tidy. Roof bar was good. No wifi in rooms only in reception

Perfect location - close to the Acropolis and all of the main sites in Athens. I had a few issues with my room key not working and had to keep coming down to reception. The walking tour was great! Not the greatest atmosphere to meet people as a solo traveller but was fine for 2 nights.

Great hostel with a great staff, always willing to help with anything. Perfect.

Hard to find but when you get there it's awesome. My only downside was the very loud toilet flushing that is quite numerous through the night in a multiple person dorm

I think we may have just got a bad room but we were a little disappointed with how run down it was. But amazing location!

Great location. Very expensive hostel for what it can offer. There a 2 parts of this hostel. The Main building were reception is, and another building next door. The main building is fine, aircon, clean and wifi works. Not very good though. The other building is old, run down with no aircon. I stayed twice in this hostel, one time in each building. The 2 nights I stayed in the old building were the worst 2 nights I've had in any hostel. Disgustingly hot.

Good points- clean room, nice rooftop bar, computer and lockers to hire. Bad points- staff.. I arrived without a booking because phone had been stolen the day beforevso couldn't use hostel world. Staff told me there was so space. Directed me somewhere else which was also full but they let me use their computer. Turns out there were free rooms at athenstyle. Carried my pack for an hour in 30 to find this out. Not impressed. Next day they gave me wrong directions to non existent print shop

• 21st Aug 2014

Dear guest, I'm happy you enjoyed our facilities! Just a quick note to clarify your doubt about our booking system, of course if we have free beds it is also in our interest to sell them so we would have given you the bed but we had none when you arrived. When a bed opens up on HW it means someone else has just cancelled, so you were able to book it! Print shop is just around the corner, next door to the bakery so you cant have missed it, maybe it was late and it had closed for the day?

Nice roof top bar with a pretty good view. Plenty to do in the area.

Professional staff clean amazing view best location

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Cyprus

Thanks a lot, we try our best! Hope to have you stay with us again soon :)

I liked the hostel---good location, clean, good space in the room. It's a Busabout hostel, which kind of ruins the atmosphere sometimes when big groups besiege the place and can make it hard to get to the reception staff. Otherwise, I definitely recommend.

Im happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at AthenStyle! We are also glad to be the recommended accommodation in Athens by several tour companies, but we still try to keep a personal touch and give our special attention to independent travellers :)

Nice bar/restaurant Rooftop, with a great view. Personnel really nice, rooms confortables.

Great stay, thank you! Your satisfaction means a lot to us, come back soon :)

I booked a 4 person room but was told it was no longer available after booking a month in advance! I was stuck in a 8 person room with just a pedestal fan to keep cool on a 40 degree day! Was barely able to get any sleep. Air con needs to be better!

• 13th Aug 2014

Sorry to hear you were not 100% happy of your stay. We have now performed maintenance on all our A/C units that sometimes due to the hot weather in Athens need extra power and I apologise for that. If you book a dorm we try to respect your preferred size, if this is not possible due to the high amount of guests we always refund the price difference and offer free drinks at our bar to make it up, I hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you.

I was a little taken aback by the fine print on the reservation I made here (note to hostel: maybe rethink?). Overall, good. Nice locationm just down the road from the Acropolis and Montastiraki metro stop. The hostel has a rooftop lounge with bar and breakfast (very basic, no frills). Clean room, decently sized. The main challenge is that it is a Busabout hostel, so huge groups come and overflow the place every day. It can be hard to talk to reception to ask questions as a result.

Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Sometimes you might have to wait a little bit but we will always address your needs and give you all the necessary info :) We make an effort to deliver a clean room in a funky vibe with free breakfast and great views, it looks like we are doing a good job then! Come back soon & happy travels!

Wifi is crappy but everything else is fantastic :-)

Our motto is TALK TO EACH OTHER (and get drunk!) Seriously, WIFI is working all right now and we provide it for free in the lounge, so you can get rid of all your online needs. Apart from that we encourage interaction (this is all about hostel life isnt it?) and suggest that you enjoy the views from the bar instead of staying concentrated on your phone. and yes, thanks for the FANTASTIC!

Amazing views, great location, cheap drinks and good food on the roof top bar. Highly recommend Athenstyle.

• 7th Aug 2014