Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

1910 Total Reviews

Thought that the price for a double room would indeed give us a double room. Instead we got a closet spaced room with fungus all around the facilities.

• 30th Sep 2015

It's not like I have not stated in hostels... But this one has been the worst. Bad beds.. Creaky bathrooms.. Very bad!!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • India

Well located hostel, with helpful staff. The only problem is that there are 3 buildings, and I do not recommend to stay at the old one. Try to stay at the main one, it is newer and the ambient is better. At the bigger dorm, that stay at the old building, the shower room is too small.

The atmosphere was nice especially the rooftop bar. It kind of sucked that you couldn't eat in the common area, you have to sit in the Kitchen to eat but other than that it was a great hostel!

The location made up for everything this hostel may have been lacking. I wasn't super impressed that breakfast was just bread and jam and water. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby though and not too expensive. I never used the metro because they were so close to everything and even the airport shuttle bus is within walking distance!

Athenstyle was a great stay! Location is right in the heart of Athens and really accessible by tram. Facilities are clean and have a good atmosphere. Great rooftop bar with a beautiful view of the city with a solid happy hour every day and the Club Next Door is a nice spot to get the night started. Staff is really what makes the place great. I had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy, Evan, Julia, Paulo, and Noir (sp?) who were all really helpful with my stay! Solid crew!

I was really quite disappointed that despite indicating I would be arriving early, zero efforts were made to accommodate my early arrival. I was told the room would be available at 2 PM, and when I returned at 2:30 PM it still wasn't ready and had to wait around until past 3 PM. In the future when you promise a guest something, please stick to it.

Lack of WiFi in the room. Better not to offer such a bad brakfast.

Great atmosphere and beautiful view from the rooftop terrace!

Good location for seeing Athens. Might just of been bad luck but found it quite noisy. WiFi only worked in reception.

Other than double booking my bed Athenstyle is a great hostel

The common room/ lobby was great, but the actual bedrooms were not so nice. My biggest problem was that I didnmt have any sheets provided on my bed, but it was so hot that I didn't want them anyways. The bathroom door in my 8 person room also did not shut and was very loud and creaky. However, i think everything was fine for the price.

The rooms are often cleaned poorly, which rubbish being left on the floor for days before being cleaned up. Also the kitchen is too small for such a large hostel, with a no eating in common areas/rooms policy. However it is close to public transport and located in a nice area.

Ok breakfast was quite minimal. The rooftop bar was the only redeeming quality. It has a magnificent view of the acropolis. Didn't meet any friendly people there; most tables were reserved for busabout. As for the room: it had a mildewy smell. The shower was horrible. No temperature control and timer lasted about 30 seconds before having to push the button again. 4 of the 10 lockers in the room were not functional. Staff was nice and location was great but it could use an update.

Amazing hostel, just needs better wifi

WiFi only in reception. Poor breakfast . The only good thing was the location.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The guys working there were lovely and up for a chat. It was very welcoming as I was on my own for majority of my stay. The rooftop bar is amazing with an incredible view and great for a few drinks. They offer a free walking tour in the morning to get your bearings around Athens too which was great. Would definately recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 6th Sep 2015

Need more washig machines and more than one dryer. Also need wifi in second building

• 5th Sep 2015

this place is a busabout mecca so expect lots of big groups and people getting up extremely early in the morning!!! great location, the locker locks did not work in our room, Wi-Fi is only accessible in the reception area.roof top bar has good view, good vibe there but probably more fun of your in a busabout group or personal group as the tour groups are overwhelming and not easy to meet people

Great hostel. Very close to everything and really easy to find. Room was clean with big lockers and several power outlets. Breakfast was a bit limited.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7