Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Rooftop bar! Friendly staff, great atmosphere, super nice rooms. We had an awesome time here, common areas were excellent. Very easy to meet and go out with new friends.

We were disappointed that the non-smoking law inside the rooftop bar was not observed. Otherwise an excellent hostel.

The best rooftop bar ever but I has terrible showers and is not so clean.

First off, the location is incredible and can't be beat. However, there was no heat in our room, and the blankets provided to us were not thick enough to suffice. Generally, an okay stay.

• 7th Apr 2015

Fantastic location right near a busy square in athens. you can see Acropolis from the rooftop bar (which is amazing). free walking tours, great people and cheap beer.

Very nice terrace and unbeatable location.

No wifi in your rooms and it's the 21st century?? Are you kidding me?? Also our room smelt horrible

• 5th Apr 2015

Would not stay again. Upon checkout, I returned my sheets and towel as requested, but did not get my deposit back. The guy at the desk told me I did not give them a deposit, even though I most certainly did. I had a ferry to catch, so did not have time to argue with him. I wasn't as upset about losing the €10 as I was about the principal--I felt scammed. I also met a girl at my hostel in Santorini who said the same thing happened to her...

It would be really beneficial to have wifi reach the rooms because many travelers don't have international phone plans and rely solely on wifi. But I really enjoy that the rooftop bar is open year round as I didn't come in peak season.

No wifi in rooms, people running and smoking everywhere at all times. Couldnt sleep.

Unfortunately our expectations for this hostel were a lot higher than they should of been. We showed up to dirty beds, almost of the lockers broken and showers that didn't work. While you could turn the showers on, they had no water pressure and you have to hold a button down the entire time you shower in order for the water to be on. When we told the staff about our concerns they responded with "sorry there is nothing we can do."

• 1st Apr 2015

The location was great. Loved the roof top. But our actual room was pretty crappy. It wasn´t the cleanest and only one of the showers worked for ten beds. The shower that did work was very small and it required that you press the button every couple of seconds if you hoped to continue showering. Also you had no choice but to change in there. My coworker who roomed with me wet all her clothes, putting them on in the shower. Also we could only get wifi in the lounge next door. :(

The location is amazing and the free breakfast is really good, but the hostel has some picky rules. You're not allowed to eat anything inside unless you bought it there. For the price I would want to keep luggage there for free and have Internet in the rooms. Also, I got really lost trying to find it based off the directions given so make sure you know where it is to begin with.

Location was good, but rooms were tiny, staff was not friendly or helpful. I would not recommend.... I enjoyed our stay at Athens Studios Hostel much better

the hostel is amazing, they offer luggage saving before check-in. and the view in the roof-top is great as well. the atmosphere is so great in their common area. however wifi could not be used in the dorm is kind of bothering, need to go to the common...

I stayed in Athenstyle for two nights and the hostel is in an excellent location and the staff is great. The rooftop bar is a very good place to have a good time and some beers with a good view of the city. The only thing is that my bathroom (whicch were two in my room) were really really really small and the water coming out of the shower was horrible, it came out like 5 drops of water by the minute, horrible and you have to press a button many times so it comes out. the rest was good.

When booked in sent to room in building next door which was like a run down apartment block. All the facilities were next door. Bathroom in room never seemed clean, shower curtain too short, lock on toilet door broken, and a window in the shower door which is in the middle of the dorm. I don't like making eye contacts with ransoms while drying myself. Receptionist wasn't friendly. Can only eat in a tiny kitchen, not in common area. No wifi in rooms. Only good thing was the location.

Great location, super friendly staff, extremely comfortable beds, fast internet. Also has free walking tours every morning! Right near the Acropolis and the metro :)

Amazing location for tourists, you can walk to acropolis in a short time!

Breakfast is awfull, we skipped it after trying it once. If you get there early with luggages, you'll have to pay for lockers. Staff is friendly but unhelpfull, they won't guide you for your first steps in the city. Rooftop bar is nice and not expensive but very noisy at night, even weekdays. Wifi is slow, and only accessible from the hostel's entrance, where there's an annoying whistling noise coming from soundspeakers. Cheap hostel, ok if you're travelling on a budget.

« first « Prev 1 2 3