Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Professional staff clean amazing view best location

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Cyprus

I booked a 4 person room but was told it was no longer available after booking a month in advance! I was stuck in a 8 person room with just a pedestal fan to keep cool on a 40 degree day! Was barely able to get any sleep. Air con needs to be better!

• 13th Aug 2014

I was a little taken aback by the fine print on the reservation I made here (note to hostel: maybe rethink?). Overall, good. Nice locationm just down the road from the Acropolis and Montastiraki metro stop. The hostel has a rooftop lounge with bar and breakfast (very basic, no frills). Clean room, decently sized. The main challenge is that it is a Busabout hostel, so huge groups come and overflow the place every day. It can be hard to talk to reception to ask questions as a result.

The rooms smelt, the staff were not very smiley or approachable. There were also massive bed mix ups and the staff were near useless in sorting it out meaning me and my friend had to share a top bunk.

We had a great stay and the room we had was fantastic.

• 5th Aug 2014

Enjoyed the roof top bar. The room wasn't the best, air con didn't work properly

The hostel was clean and in a good location. However I didn't find the staff to be very helpful. I left a personal item behind and they couldn't be bothered to help me get it back. It was obviously left in the middle of the room but they claimed they didn't have it. The man at reception agreed to send me an email when he went and looked for it but never bothered to send one. This may just be personal experience, but I was very disappointed with the customer service.

Although the location was perfect if your spending a couple of nights in Athens, as well as a well stocked bar and restaurant. I would have to say im a little dissapointed how Athens Style handled my booking: Example: Booked a 4 bed room dorm 2 months advance which has been approved and accepted Arrived at hostel and was advised our room was not ready and were assigned to a 8 bed dorm with the promise of being moved to a smaller dorm....the latter never happened.

It was nice, clean and comfortable, right in the city centre. Annoying that you can't take your own food up to the rooftop bar. Common space goes down after that.

My dorm smelt, and was dark and dingy. The bathrooms smelt foul too. The frustrating part was that in my room (Rodas, Lv 3) the taps in the shower are water saving taps which means you have to keep pushing them every 5 seconds for water and even then the water was mist! Made washing my hair almost impossible which was poor form after a hot and sticky day exploring the city. I'd not stay here ever again.

Staff were useless - room was not air conditioned and consisted of a terrible bed and ignorant roommates. Location was very good though.

Supposed to have a better room this time around. Was okay but aircon would not stay on

This was the first stop on my trip and one of the best hostels I stayed at. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Since i was travelling alone I was thankful for how social this hotel was with the common areas (lobby and rooftop bar) which were both great places to meet people.

Great hostel in great location. Good breakfast included. Wifi is really bad, drops in and out constantly and at one point there was no way to connect for about 3 hours. Apart from this minor setback it's an awesome hostel!

I rated the facilities as poor because the air conditioning didnt work In our room and we felt like we were trapped in a hot box, it got so bad the we couldn't bear to be there anymore and ended up going downstairs to sit in reception for the rest of the night. The guy on reception at night was rude and clearly didnt want to be there. It's a shame because otherwise this would have been a good hostel.

• 26th Jul 2014

Hotels in athens aren't too expensive but opted for the funky vibe and good reviews. However, when we rocked up the receptionist wasn't very helpful or friendly. The room was a couple of buildings away with the scariest foyer of a derelict apartment building with no hint it was a hostel as well. We were on level 3, there was some sort of factory on level 2. We arrived to a room with what looked like crappy thrift shop furniture and a towel with a hole in. The room had no vibe, beds were squeaky.

• 24th Jul 2014

Uncomfortable beds, staff slow at check in, in a dodgy area, felt very unsafe, very noisy

Only thing great about this hostel is the location, rooms have air con but does not have a clean feeling especially the bathrooms which are disgusting!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Air con doesn't work in the main building, and you definitely need air con in summer there. Also the bathroom leaked all over the floors. Dangerous as it was slippery. Otherwise a good hostel.

Great location in Athens. Nice clean and spacious room with a lovely bathroom and a great view of the acropolis.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6