Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Room was well facilitated with ensuite and tv. Location was dodgy and dirty and staff were very unhelpful. Wifi did not work AT ALL for me (on both iphone and ipad) and shower leaked into hallway. Good for a short stay, beds were clean and comfortable and room was also clean.

• 17th Jul 2014

The only negative aspect about this hostel is that they charge you if you want to leave your lugage there after the check-out. It was the first time I saw this in a Hostel.

I arrived around 3am, and the staff were rude and blunt. We were also woken up at around 5am by a yelling woman out on the street swearing, believed to be one of the staff/ co owners of the property. Wifi wasn't very strong and only worked in lobby. Everything else was good.

• 13th Jul 2014

The location is amazing

Sheets had holes in them, beds very uncomfortable but good location and clean. Staff helpful.

• 11th Jul 2014

Nice place in a good location. Easy to get to the main sights and the metro. Good place to meet people if you're a solo traveller. Elly at the desk is great! Wifi works well - not in the rooms if you're in the dorms in the building next door.

We got a problem with our reservation that was at the end solved. We did a reservation for a double bed and we got two single. We sleep the first nigth very bad.

Sheets had holes in them and weren't that clean (on the other beds that weren't in use). There were no real curtains. It was annoying that you had to log in everytime you wanted to go on the wifi. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay. Rooftopbar is great, nice staff, amazing location!

We were a young couple staying in a private room so I can't comment on the dorms. Let's start with the good...fantastic location, super easy to get to, and walk to all the main sights & shops. Also incredible views (of the Acropolis) from the rooftop bar. Then the bad. 1.Air-con did not work in 35 degree heat 2.The front desk staff were rude and unhelpful 3.There was a BALL OF HAIR in my bed when I got in on the first night 4.The room was quite dirty 5.The wi-fi only worked in the reception.

The location is the best. The common area is the only place with wifi, perfect to meet others. My shower leaked into the room so have good shoes or a good eye. Small problem, easy to fix but not sure if they know. Rooftop bar and location was and still is selling the hostel for me.

They overbooked on the night we stayed so we got a free upgrade into a studio room which was great. The rooftop bar also has a really nice atmosphere and a great view of the acropolis

• 26th Jun 2014

Loved this hostel. Best experience I've had thus far. Staff are friendly and helpful. My room had some issues with the key but they sorted it out quickly. Top location, great view of the Acropolis as well as right in the heart of Athens next to Monastiraki Square (the main square). Wish I could have stayed longer!

The "free" walking tour organized at the hostel is great. It was the highlight of Athens. The roof top bar has a great view. We spent 4 nights here at the end of June and the the room was unbearably hot even with the pitiful air conditioner.

Awesome Rooftop Bar. Good place to stay a few days when passing through Athens.

This hostel was so much fun and we met awesome people at the rooftop bar! Great drinks specials, comfortable beds and air conditioned dorms, good WIFI in reception area and an awesome location near the Acropolis, metro, shopping and night life. Really convenient and fun place to stay :)

Perfect area. Nice rooftop bar to meet people. Liveably clean, bathrooms not so nice. Old grungy tiles with slightly sour shower curtains. I could deal with it with some flip flops on and I'm fairly clean. Rooms are spartan but have lockers (byo lock). Wifi only in reception.

• 24th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel in an amazing location within walking distance to the main archeological sites and ruins in Athens, as well as the train station that takes you directly to and from the airport! Staff were lovely and rooms were cleaned every day. Rooftop bar is great to meet new people and breakfast provided made mornings much easier! Would definitely recommend!

The staff are completely lovely and eager to help. Great sized lockers and comfy beds. The rooftop bar is great for meeting people and the foyer is beautifully air conditioned! Thanks for a great stay!

• 21st Jun 2014

Nothing wrong with this hostel except maybe the prices at the bar, a little steep in proportion with the rest of Athens. Good location right next to Athens flea markets. The only other noticeable thing was their obsession with being in the Famous 40 hostels. Posters and signs about it everywhere you turn. No need considering we were already staying there.

Amazing location! I love Athens it's a fabulous city! The hostel was good, a bit pricey. But If you are a lone traveller or are in a rush to see the city this place is worth the extra money just for it's locations. Awesome walking tour! Awesome roof top bar!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4