Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

I think we may have just got a bad room but we were a little disappointed with how run down it was. But amazing location!

Great location. Very expensive hostel for what it can offer. There a 2 parts of this hostel. The Main building were reception is, and another building next door. The main building is fine, aircon, clean and wifi works. Not very good though. The other building is old, run down with no aircon. I stayed twice in this hostel, one time in each building. The 2 nights I stayed in the old building were the worst 2 nights I've had in any hostel. Disgustingly hot.

Good points- clean room, nice rooftop bar, computer and lockers to hire. Bad points- staff.. I arrived without a booking because phone had been stolen the day beforevso couldn't use hostel world. Staff told me there was so space. Directed me somewhere else which was also full but they let me use their computer. Turns out there were free rooms at athenstyle. Carried my pack for an hour in 30 to find this out. Not impressed. Next day they gave me wrong directions to non existent print shop

• 21st Aug 2014

Dear guest, I'm happy you enjoyed our facilities! Just a quick note to clarify your doubt about our booking system, of course if we have free beds it is also in our interest to sell them so we would have given you the bed but we had none when you arrived. When a bed opens up on HW it means someone else has just cancelled, so you were able to book it! Print shop is just around the corner, next door to the bakery so you cant have missed it, maybe it was late and it had closed for the day?

Professional staff clean amazing view best location

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Cyprus

Thanks a lot, we try our best! Hope to have you stay with us again soon :)

I liked the hostel---good location, clean, good space in the room. It's a Busabout hostel, which kind of ruins the atmosphere sometimes when big groups besiege the place and can make it hard to get to the reception staff. Otherwise, I definitely recommend.

Im happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at AthenStyle! We are also glad to be the recommended accommodation in Athens by several tour companies, but we still try to keep a personal touch and give our special attention to independent travellers :)

Nice bar/restaurant Rooftop, with a great view. Personnel really nice, rooms confortables.

Great stay, thank you! Your satisfaction means a lot to us, come back soon :)

I booked a 4 person room but was told it was no longer available after booking a month in advance! I was stuck in a 8 person room with just a pedestal fan to keep cool on a 40 degree day! Was barely able to get any sleep. Air con needs to be better!

• 13th Aug 2014

Sorry to hear you were not 100% happy of your stay. We have now performed maintenance on all our A/C units that sometimes due to the hot weather in Athens need extra power and I apologise for that. If you book a dorm we try to respect your preferred size, if this is not possible due to the high amount of guests we always refund the price difference and offer free drinks at our bar to make it up, I hope this was not too much of an inconvenience for you.

I was a little taken aback by the fine print on the reservation I made here (note to hostel: maybe rethink?). Overall, good. Nice locationm just down the road from the Acropolis and Montastiraki metro stop. The hostel has a rooftop lounge with bar and breakfast (very basic, no frills). Clean room, decently sized. The main challenge is that it is a Busabout hostel, so huge groups come and overflow the place every day. It can be hard to talk to reception to ask questions as a result.

Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Sometimes you might have to wait a little bit but we will always address your needs and give you all the necessary info :) We make an effort to deliver a clean room in a funky vibe with free breakfast and great views, it looks like we are doing a good job then! Come back soon & happy travels!

Wifi is crappy but everything else is fantastic :-)

Our motto is TALK TO EACH OTHER (and get drunk!) Seriously, WIFI is working all right now and we provide it for free in the lounge, so you can get rid of all your online needs. Apart from that we encourage interaction (this is all about hostel life isnt it?) and suggest that you enjoy the views from the bar instead of staying concentrated on your phone. and yes, thanks for the FANTASTIC!

Amazing views, great location, cheap drinks and good food on the roof top bar. Highly recommend Athenstyle.

• 7th Aug 2014

The rooms smelt, the staff were not very smiley or approachable. There were also massive bed mix ups and the staff were near useless in sorting it out meaning me and my friend had to share a top bunk.

My most sincere apologies for any confusion, what happens is that sometimes guests do not respect rooms/beds assigned and they go sleep in their friends room. As a result we do have a free bed for you, but in a different room. If this happens at night time, the only solution is to wake up everyone and check their booking which we try to avoid as many people are leaving early on ferries. If you are coming back after the islands, please email us and we will give you and your friend a free upgrade!

We had a great stay and the room we had was fantastic.

• 5th Aug 2014

FANTASTIC! thanks :)

Enjoyed the roof top bar. The room wasn't the best, air con didn't work properly

Glad to hear you enjoyed our famous rooftop bar! We have performed A/C maintenance again this year due to the extraordinary heat and it is working great now, sorry if it wasnt strong enough during your stay. Hope to see you back at AthenStyle again soon!

The hostel was clean and in a good location. However I didn't find the staff to be very helpful. I left a personal item behind and they couldn't be bothered to help me get it back. It was obviously left in the middle of the room but they claimed they didn't have it. The man at reception agreed to send me an email when he went and looked for it but never bothered to send one. This may just be personal experience, but I was very disappointed with the customer service.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Cleaning and location are indeed two of our main good points, together with the rooftop bar! We find many forgotten items everyday and work with a courier company to send them all around the world when requested, unfortunately if you were sleeping in a dorm it might have been taken by someone else before we could find it? Please email us again with a description of what you are looking for and I will check again in lost&found. Happy travels!

Although the location was perfect if your spending a couple of nights in Athens, as well as a well stocked bar and restaurant. I would have to say im a little dissapointed how Athens Style handled my booking: Example: Booked a 4 bed room dorm 2 months advance which has been approved and accepted Arrived at hostel and was advised our room was not ready and were assigned to a 8 bed dorm with the promise of being moved to a smaller dorm....the latter never happened.

Thank you for appreciating our rooftop bar & restaurant! We make sure we serve good drinks and fresh food all the time. Due to the large amount of guests during the Summer there might be the case that we cannot offer you the room initially booked, but we will always reimburse you the price and buy you a few drinks on us to make it up. In the same way, if we are able we upgrade guests for free to the next room category when available!

It was nice, clean and comfortable, right in the city centre. Annoying that you can't take your own food up to the rooftop bar. Common space goes down after that.

Perfect, thanks a lot! Clean and comfortable is how we rule :) You are free to use our common kitchen to cook and eat your own food if you would like, while the rooftop bar is a fully licensed bar & restaurant serving drinks and food at great prices for our guests, try us next time!

My dorm smelt, and was dark and dingy. The bathrooms smelt foul too. The frustrating part was that in my room (Rodas, Lv 3) the taps in the shower are water saving taps which means you have to keep pushing them every 5 seconds for water and even then the water was mist! Made washing my hair almost impossible which was poor form after a hot and sticky day exploring the city. I'd not stay here ever again.

Staff were useless - room was not air conditioned and consisted of a terrible bed and ignorant roommates. Location was very good though.

Supposed to have a better room this time around. Was okay but aircon would not stay on

This was the first stop on my trip and one of the best hostels I stayed at. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Since i was travelling alone I was thankful for how social this hotel was with the common areas (lobby and rooftop bar) which were both great places to meet people.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6