Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Not the greatest hostel, staff weren't helpful, wifi barely works, and the atmosphere was pretty dull while I was there. For the price I'd expect a lot more

Internet didn't work anywhere on phone or tablet Bit by a bug in bedroom, awoke in middle of night with swelling on neck Air conditioning failed to work and no solution offered

We were thankful to have a 4 bed dorm to ourselves for the night (2 girls) which was a bonus. The shower room was very small and the wifi is only inthe hostel lobby which in this modern day you would expect better.

The rooms were extremely gross and smelt. The bathrooms were even worse, nothing was clean. Was one of the worst sleeps I've ever had. Wouldn't not stay here again

Have stayed in nicer places for the same $ but overall it was a good stay, key location and great rooftop bar

Athenstyle was one of the most comfortable stays during our trip. The rooftop bar had an incredible view and good food but we were also a block away from Monastiraki which had good artisan shopping areas, the metro, and some archaeological sites, a block away from some very cheap but delicious restaurants, and like 15 minutes from the Akropolis. The only problem we had was our shower flooded the first night but we quickly learned how to counter that. The people and hostel made us feel at home.

The location is great. The staff are helpful. Only complaint would be that you have to go into the lobby to get wifi, but it is open all the time, so not a huge deal. Reasonably priced. Also, the rooftop bar has an awesome view. Overall, recommended.

Having a shower pretty much wets the entire bathroom, so that could be improved! Also power points at each bed would be a good addition. But its in an excellent location and super easy to get to the port and airport by train so I would definitely stay again.

Awesome place to stay. So close to everything and really easy to get to from the train station. Nice breakfast on the rooftop too which had great views and a good happy hour. Would recommend and would stay here again.

• 8th Jun 2014

The hostel, while in a scary looking laneway at night time!, is ideally located, within walking distance of the main tourist attractions, Temple of Zeus, the Acropolis etc. The hostel has a nice rooftop bar with great views of the city. A free walking tour is offered to the guests of the hostel, and I highly recommend this if you have the time, you leave the hostel at about 9.30am returning at 13.30, hitting all the tourist hotspots with a very knowledgeable guide.

The Hostel is really great. the staff were very caring and everything worked fine. If I return to Athens, I sure I want to repeat my experience in this Hostel. I also stayed in others hostels in Athens and no one is like Athenstyle.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

We were very disappointed. We arrived at the hostel at night and receptionist was absolutely rude. First, he complained about our late booking and acted as if he was doing us a favour for letting us sleep there! Then we entered our room, and all the beds were dirty and used, they hadn't been cleaned after the last clients. There were lots of plastic bottles piled up on the floor and the beds. When we told the man it hadn't been cleaned for days, he answered "Maybe". We moved the following day.

Most comfortable bed and pillow so far. Great location and rooftop restaurant/bar had fantastic views. Food was good and fairly priced.

• 6th Jun 2014

We had a private room on the 6th floor which was nice but it was situated right under the rooftop bar so was extremely noisy. The bar does not closed till 1am so we were not able to sleep until after the closing time. Otherwise was a good hostel, quite expensive though.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The room was dirty especially the washroom facilities. There was a limited amount of toilet paper for 3 people. The shower was poorly looked after and we found larger bugs in the washroom in the cracks. The whole room could have used a cleaning...the drapes etc were just dirty. A hostel should be looked after so that people want to come and stay there. I definitely will look elsewhere next time I come to Athens.

Great location. The rooftop is excellent for socializing and good view of the acropolis. Common area is good. Right by the metro which goes directly to the airport. I'd stay again.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Athenstyle has a great location in the middle of Athens, and very close to the Acropolis and other sights. Great view from the bar and cheap prices. I think the toilet in girls dorm could be cleaner. It gets wet easily.

Only WIFI in the lobby

• 29th May 2014

nice staff :)

Was quite unsatisfied with the quality of customer service that was given.