Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

1981 Total Reviews

Never been in a shower so tiny my entire life! I'm myself so how large people could possibly undress I'm the 50 cm space outside the shower is me! Room and hostel itself bit shabby and in need of refurb. Stayed out all night before early ferry so can't comment on much else.

• 12th Oct 2015

Great location, 2 minutes to the monasteriki metro, felt safe and comfortable. The rooms were big and the shower worked great. Staff was helpful with directions.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Tarmeister

We are a mature couple in our 50's. Neither of us had ever stayed in a hostel before, so we did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to find the guests were comprised of a mixture of 20's thru 50's, so we did not feel out of place. Our private room was clean and the bed was surprisingly comfortable.. Our only concern has to do with SAFETY. The stairwell works off motion lights. We found we were mostly in the dark if we took the stairs at night.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We were 1 night on a room in the ground floor, looking at the street. We were hearing the music of the next door bar until 3 am. Very bad place to rest. Maybe, the upper floors are better.....I would not check it. I will go to other place.

Dear Cristina, First of all, thank you for staying with us. We would appreciate if you would have informed us during your stay about any possible inconvenience and we would do our best to resolve the situation. Especially during the weekends streets around here are getting very busy so it is normal to be a little bit more noisy. We are always trying our best to keep our customers satisfied so in similar occasions and when we have other rooms available we change the room straight away.

Thought that the price for a double room would indeed give us a double room. Instead we got a closet spaced room with fungus all around the facilities.

• 30th Sep 2015

Hello, Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We would appreciate if you would have informed us during your stay about any possible inconvenience and we would do our best to resolve the situation. You had booked for a Twin (Bunk) room and therefore this type of room was allocated to you. Besides Twin rooms we also have double rooms and deluxe double rooms on offer. Happy travels, AthenStyle.

It's not like I have not stated in hostels... But this one has been the worst. Bad beds.. Creaky bathrooms.. Very bad!!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • India

Hello, First of all, thank you for staying with us. I am very sorry about your experience. Our rooms are being checked on a regular basis so we can ensure that our standards meet our customers expectations. It would be really appreciated if you have informed us about your complains during your stay so we would do our best to keep you satisfied and happy.

Well located hostel, with helpful staff. The only problem is that there are 3 buildings, and I do not recommend to stay at the old one. Try to stay at the main one, it is newer and the ambient is better. At the bigger dorm, that stay at the old building, the shower room is too small.

The atmosphere was nice especially the rooftop bar. It kind of sucked that you couldn't eat in the common area, you have to sit in the Kitchen to eat but other than that it was a great hostel!

The location made up for everything this hostel may have been lacking. I wasn't super impressed that breakfast was just bread and jam and water. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby though and not too expensive. I never used the metro because they were so close to everything and even the airport shuttle bus is within walking distance!

Athenstyle was a great stay! Location is right in the heart of Athens and really accessible by tram. Facilities are clean and have a good atmosphere. Great rooftop bar with a beautiful view of the city with a solid happy hour every day and the Club Next Door is a nice spot to get the night started. Staff is really what makes the place great. I had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy, Evan, Julia, Paulo, and Noir (sp?) who were all really helpful with my stay! Solid crew!

I was really quite disappointed that despite indicating I would be arriving early, zero efforts were made to accommodate my early arrival. I was told the room would be available at 2 PM, and when I returned at 2:30 PM it still wasn't ready and had to wait around until past 3 PM. In the future when you promise a guest something, please stick to it.

Hello, Thank you for taking some time to review our hostel. As stated on our website and booking partners check-in time starts at 2pm. We provide secure lockers where you can store your luggage in case you arrive early or you wish to go somewhere and travel light. We apologize you had to wait 1 hour more than the starting check-in time but we must to make sure that all rooms are properly cleaned before checking guests in. Happy travels, AthenStyle.

Lack of WiFi in the room. Better not to offer such a bad brakfast.

Hello, Thank you for your review. Wifi is not available in the rooms however we do provide free wifi access in the lobby so that is probably the reason why you were having some trouble trying to connect from the room. For those who want faster cable internet connection we also have computers available for guests to use. Our free breakfast consists of a continental breakfast and is served on the rooftop with a view to the Acropolis. Happy travels, AthenStyle.

Nice and clean. Make sure if your staying with friends you tell them that you want to be in the same dorm room if your booking seperately.

Great atmosphere and beautiful view from the rooftop terrace!

Good location for seeing Athens. Might just of been bad luck but found it quite noisy. WiFi only worked in reception.

Other than double booking my bed Athenstyle is a great hostel

Dear Traveler, Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We are sorry for the double booking. Technical errors do unfortunately happen. We hope you've appreciated the fact that we upgraded your room type for your stay and hope to see you again soon. Happy travels, AthenStyle.

The view of the acropolis from the rooftop (especially at night) is one of the best memories I have of my 4 month trip. The hostel has a great bar and restaurant. Rooms are comfortable and clean enough.

The common room/ lobby was great, but the actual bedrooms were not so nice. My biggest problem was that I didnmt have any sheets provided on my bed, but it was so hot that I didn't want them anyways. The bathroom door in my 8 person room also did not shut and was very loud and creaky. However, i think everything was fine for the price.

The rooms are often cleaned poorly, which rubbish being left on the floor for days before being cleaned up. Also the kitchen is too small for such a large hostel, with a no eating in common areas/rooms policy. However it is close to public transport and located in a nice area.

Hello, We appreciate you taking your time to review our hostel. All rooms are cleaned on a daily basis, if you would have told us during your stay we would then be able to double check the room and proceed with a thorough clean. We provide a kitchen facility so that everyone can enjoy freshly prepared meals. Happy travels, AthenStyle.

Ok breakfast was quite minimal. The rooftop bar was the only redeeming quality. It has a magnificent view of the acropolis. Didn't meet any friendly people there; most tables were reserved for busabout. As for the room: it had a mildewy smell. The shower was horrible. No temperature control and timer lasted about 30 seconds before having to push the button again. 4 of the 10 lockers in the room were not functional. Staff was nice and location was great but it could use an update.