Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

I was a little taken aback by the fine print on the reservation I made here (note to hostel: maybe rethink?). Overall, good. Nice locationm just down the road from the Acropolis and Montastiraki metro stop. The hostel has a rooftop lounge with bar and breakfast (very basic, no frills). Clean room, decently sized. The main challenge is that it is a Busabout hostel, so huge groups come and overflow the place every day. It can be hard to talk to reception to ask questions as a result.

Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Sometimes you might have to wait a little bit but we will always address your needs and give you all the necessary info :) We make an effort to deliver a clean room in a funky vibe with free breakfast and great views, it looks like we are doing a good job then! Come back soon & happy travels!

Wifi is crappy but everything else is fantastic :-)

Our motto is TALK TO EACH OTHER (and get drunk!) Seriously, WIFI is working all right now and we provide it for free in the lounge, so you can get rid of all your online needs. Apart from that we encourage interaction (this is all about hostel life isnt it?) and suggest that you enjoy the views from the bar instead of staying concentrated on your phone. and yes, thanks for the FANTASTIC!

Amazing views, great location, cheap drinks and good food on the roof top bar. Highly recommend Athenstyle.

• 7th Aug 2014

The rooms smelt, the staff were not very smiley or approachable. There were also massive bed mix ups and the staff were near useless in sorting it out meaning me and my friend had to share a top bunk.

My most sincere apologies for any confusion, what happens is that sometimes guests do not respect rooms/beds assigned and they go sleep in their friends room. As a result we do have a free bed for you, but in a different room. If this happens at night time, the only solution is to wake up everyone and check their booking which we try to avoid as many people are leaving early on ferries. If you are coming back after the islands, please email us and we will give you and your friend a free upgrade!

We had a great stay and the room we had was fantastic.

• 5th Aug 2014

FANTASTIC! thanks :)

Enjoyed the roof top bar. The room wasn't the best, air con didn't work properly

Glad to hear you enjoyed our famous rooftop bar! We have performed A/C maintenance again this year due to the extraordinary heat and it is working great now, sorry if it wasnt strong enough during your stay. Hope to see you back at AthenStyle again soon!

The hostel was clean and in a good location. However I didn't find the staff to be very helpful. I left a personal item behind and they couldn't be bothered to help me get it back. It was obviously left in the middle of the room but they claimed they didn't have it. The man at reception agreed to send me an email when he went and looked for it but never bothered to send one. This may just be personal experience, but I was very disappointed with the customer service.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Cleaning and location are indeed two of our main good points, together with the rooftop bar! We find many forgotten items everyday and work with a courier company to send them all around the world when requested, unfortunately if you were sleeping in a dorm it might have been taken by someone else before we could find it? Please email us again with a description of what you are looking for and I will check again in lost&found. Happy travels!

Although the location was perfect if your spending a couple of nights in Athens, as well as a well stocked bar and restaurant. I would have to say im a little dissapointed how Athens Style handled my booking: Example: Booked a 4 bed room dorm 2 months advance which has been approved and accepted Arrived at hostel and was advised our room was not ready and were assigned to a 8 bed dorm with the promise of being moved to a smaller dorm....the latter never happened.

Thank you for appreciating our rooftop bar & restaurant! We make sure we serve good drinks and fresh food all the time. Due to the large amount of guests during the Summer there might be the case that we cannot offer you the room initially booked, but we will always reimburse you the price and buy you a few drinks on us to make it up. In the same way, if we are able we upgrade guests for free to the next room category when available!

It was nice, clean and comfortable, right in the city centre. Annoying that you can't take your own food up to the rooftop bar. Common space goes down after that.

Perfect, thanks a lot! Clean and comfortable is how we rule :) You are free to use our common kitchen to cook and eat your own food if you would like, while the rooftop bar is a fully licensed bar & restaurant serving drinks and food at great prices for our guests, try us next time!

My dorm smelt, and was dark and dingy. The bathrooms smelt foul too. The frustrating part was that in my room (Rodas, Lv 3) the taps in the shower are water saving taps which means you have to keep pushing them every 5 seconds for water and even then the water was mist! Made washing my hair almost impossible which was poor form after a hot and sticky day exploring the city. I'd not stay here ever again.

Staff were useless - room was not air conditioned and consisted of a terrible bed and ignorant roommates. Location was very good though.

Supposed to have a better room this time around. Was okay but aircon would not stay on

This was the first stop on my trip and one of the best hostels I stayed at. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Since i was travelling alone I was thankful for how social this hotel was with the common areas (lobby and rooftop bar) which were both great places to meet people.

Great hostel in great location. Good breakfast included. Wifi is really bad, drops in and out constantly and at one point there was no way to connect for about 3 hours. Apart from this minor setback it's an awesome hostel!

I rated the facilities as poor because the air conditioning didnt work In our room and we felt like we were trapped in a hot box, it got so bad the we couldn't bear to be there anymore and ended up going downstairs to sit in reception for the rest of the night. The guy on reception at night was rude and clearly didnt want to be there. It's a shame because otherwise this would have been a good hostel.

• 26th Jul 2014

Hotels in athens aren't too expensive but opted for the funky vibe and good reviews. However, when we rocked up the receptionist wasn't very helpful or friendly. The room was a couple of buildings away with the scariest foyer of a derelict apartment building with no hint it was a hostel as well. We were on level 3, there was some sort of factory on level 2. We arrived to a room with what looked like crappy thrift shop furniture and a towel with a hole in. The room had no vibe, beds were squeaky.

• 24th Jul 2014

Uncomfortable beds, staff slow at check in, in a dodgy area, felt very unsafe, very noisy

Only thing great about this hostel is the location, rooms have air con but does not have a clean feeling especially the bathrooms which are disgusting!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Air con doesn't work in the main building, and you definitely need air con in summer there. Also the bathroom leaked all over the floors. Dangerous as it was slippery. Otherwise a good hostel.

Great location in Athens. Nice clean and spacious room with a lovely bathroom and a great view of the acropolis.