Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

The area, although very central is not nice at all.

We are a little old for hostels and like a little more luxury. It was a fantastic location and the staff were great. Would certainly recommend for younger travelers.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The location was good, and the rooftop bar was amazing and had a fantastic view and great food.

Good location. Was only here for 3 hours because I got in at 2am and left at 5. 24hour reception was handy

We stayed only for a night before our flight back to the states but had a good stay at Athenstyle. Staff was super nice in pointing us where to go and helping us get to the airport in the morning. Rooftop bar definitely has a good vibe and great views. Not as crazy or social as other hostels in other cities, but as good as we've experienced in Athens (because maybe everybody is going to or coming from the party islands). Beds are pretty close together, but very clean and nice accommodations!

Great location with rooftop bar/lounge that has view of Acroplolis!

Great Location and Excellent breakfast but the most wonderful thing is the great Staff You made everything and I am most grateful for this wonderful staff My heartfelt thanks to you all

Nice place - clean rooms, great lobby and nice rooftop bar. Breakfast isn't great, and no alternative milk for those who can't have dairy. Wifi only in lobby means it gets really crowded. Great location. Some staff really helpful, some really not.

• 13th Jun 2015

Perfect location right near the metro and the square. 20 minute walk to the Acropolis and other historical sites. Amazing rooftop bar with an incredible view of the Acropolis and over the city. Great happy hour at the bar and an awesome place to meet other travelers. Definitely a good place to stay, especially if you want to meet people from all over the world, while enjoying Athens. 24 hour staff was very helpful, and made it easy to get information we needed.

The guy in the reception during the night is rude and with a terrible english. My gf and i were a bit scared to get inside the building next to the main building.

• 11th Jun 2015

Great hostel but slightly understaffed. It took awhile to get a response from them about laundry, but they were very helpful.

• 11th Jun 2015

There was so many things wrong with this hostel for the price. There was a drug user sitting outside the hostel with needles on the ground and the staff did nothing when they should have called the police. This is extremely dangerous as I saw children at the hostel. Mind you, who would stay in a hostel with a child. Showers didn't drain, so gross. Bathroom was not cleaned... Absolutely disgusting. I would NOT stay here ever again.

The rooftop terrace provided awesome ambiance sunset and other travelers enjoyed some and getting know each other! The lockers downstairs are a nice touch. Plenty of seating the lobby buti didn't find myself wanting to hang out there.

Cramped rooms, perfect location, magnificent views from the rooftop bar. Close to akropolis.

Best hostel I stayed in in Europe. Roof top bar is the best! Great place to meet other travelers and hang out. Location is walking distance to the subway, which is important in Athens because trust me, you will not be able to find your way around without it. It's walking distance to both major squares (Syntagma and Monteserraki). Very helpful staff. Rooms are average cleanliness. If you're a clean freak, why are you even looking at hostels?

the rooftop is amazing great location right by the markets and walkable to all the main sights like Atropolis, lots of restaurants and food close by as well

What I loved about this place was the view from the rooftop terrace and how easy it was to meet people. The location was great, it was so easy to get around Athens. I had a female dorm and I didn't like how a male worker just came in to change the bedding. He did not knock on the door and was pretty rude. The sheets were changed but the duvet was not, that was pretty gross. I am not sure if I would return to this hostel.

Ideally located just off lively Monastiraki Square, lots of bars and places to eat around and so convenient for the metro. Staff were friendly, the breakfast is fine for a free breakfast and has an amazing view! The atmosphere is really nice and I found the kind of people staying here to be really friendly. The room was ok, big enough, though the lockers in the rooms don't lock and you have to rent a small locker for valuables in the main building lobby of you don't want to carry them.

The location is great and the bed surprisingly comfortable, awesome air con, but that was about it. staff weren't overly enthusiastic or appeared to care, shower was horrendous, we were put in the apartment next door which was grungy and felt unsafe. none of the lockers locked. sorry guys but we were glad we only stayed for one night!

Great Hostel within walking distance to Acropolis. Close to Metro station. Free walking tour. Awsome rooftop bar w/ food service. Great staff.