Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Since its a hostel, don't expect facilities like hotel. Location of the hostel could not have been better. Its close to the metro station, all the shopping centers like Palaka, Monastiraki, Syntagma were close. Rooms were clean, breakfast did not have many options but still it was worth the money I paid. We were group of 3 people and enjoyed our stay at Athenstyle.

Great location, easy to get to from the metro

The rooftop was a hit however a lot of the rooms are in a separate residential building and the main door to that building was rarely closed.

Hostel was in a central location, but was hard to find. Bathrooms were average and WiFi sketchy in the dorm rooms. Lift only fit one person and one suitcase. Great views of the Acropolis from the rooftop bar!

• 5th Jul 2015

Pretty disappointing! I'd heard really good things but our room was crowded, dirty and the bathroom was tiny. We were in building two, which was in poor condition and has nothing like the fun, party atmosphere of the other building. It might have been better to stay there.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hotel overall good. However reservations were messed up and me and my friend traveling got separated into different rooms rather than getting our room together.

• 4th Jul 2015

Great location close to the Acropolis/Parthenon and main square. It's a little bit hard to find but I asked people on the street and everyone was super helpful and guided me there. People at check in are super nice and the rooftop bar (also where the free breakfast is served) has an amazing view of the Parthenon! Incredible. The breakfast was really good also. The bathrooms and lighting in the dorms were not the best and really old, but it was functional. Would stay again!

Excellent location, good breakfast, clean rooms & bathrooms, and a great view from the rooftop patio! But the wifi is only in the reception, but drawback. But overall, I would recommend this hostel to others

Great location, friendly people. Only complaint is how loud it was. Almost impossible to sleep and I can sleep through most things

Very disappointing stay. We arrived well after check in & our room was absolutely disgusting. There was rubbish EVERYWHERE - dirty tissues, half eaten rotting food etc. We had to wait over an hour in total filth before the cleaners arrived. The bathroom was gross and so tiny, and every time we asked the staff for information they were incredibly rude. Plus the doors on our lockers had been pulled off so we couldn't lock any of our stuff away. Good location & rooftop bar but will never come back.

The room was very basic, as would be expected at a hostel. Very close to everything though

• 29th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

On the weekend a new club had opened so it was very noisy in he room. Apart from the noise,the staff were very nice and the hostel met all my original expectations. Nothing too fancy but in good condition.

This was a fantastic hostel, with friendly and helpful staff, the best location you could ask, and an amazing rooftop bar with an unparalleled view of the city. Definitely glad I chose this place.

The staff was awesome and the rooftop bar was very cool. Cool atmosphere with so many other young travelers.

Very dissapointed by this hostel! Especially for the $$ I payed for it. My room was not even in the hostel it was next door in a creepy apartment building. The breakfast was pretty average so if your booking it for that, don't. Didn't feel very welcome in this hostel, weird vibe.

Thebad: wifi only in the reception. our room was in a different building. we never had toilet paper common room was sparse and had really ratty furniture. the showers are small, you have to hold a button on the wall to get the water to go, you have no control over the temperature. the washer dyed all of our clothes grey. Dyer was broken. the good: ac was exceptional. good breakfast. rooftop bar has amazing views. centrally located and easy to find. staff were helpful.

Sociable, safe and central. Roof top bar is great and makes meeting new people easy.

No wifi in rooms. Some of the staff was really un personable. The pillows were very flat and the beds were extremely squeaky. The first key they gave me didn't work and it was 1 AM when I checked in so I surely woke up my whole room trying to open the door with the bad key :(

Breakfast was meagre but I loved my stay

We stayed here for only one night by we really liked this place. Located just 10min walking distance from the Acropolis, it has many facilities and an awesome rooftop bar that should be visited. Our room was in the building just beside which was not very well maintained, but nothing too serious, would definitely return.