Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Only WIFI in the lobby

• 29th May 2014

nice staff :)

Was quite unsatisfied with the quality of customer service that was given.

The place is easy to find. Rooftop is a great spot to see the Acropolis' night view and meet fellow travellers. More of college dorm feel than a hostel.

• 26th May 2014

Good location. Room was cramped but w nice big lockers and beds were comfortable. Staff were not friendly or welcoming. Overall stay was fine but not fun.

I would not recommend to stay here more than one night. There are other low budget hotels that can offer way more for only a little more money. Stay here as a last result.

Loved our brief stay here as part of Busabout. Great vibe, close to the station (not even a 5 minute walk) and the city square. Staff were super helpful - gave us tips on where to eat, printed our flight tickets and made us feel so welcome.

I enjoyed my stay as it was very close to all the sights in Athens. However I found the security poor, you use a key card to power the rooms which makes sense however mine was stolen by someone else in the room that was checking out and therefore I lost my key card deposit and had to pay again in order to get another card.

• 25th May 2014

The common room was one of the coolest common rooms I've seen! The day staff were very awesome but the night staff wasn't as friendly or helpful. The room I stayed in had pretty tiny and dirty bathrooms but the sheets were changed every morning so that was nice.

The hostel is located in the heart of the city, near Hadrian's library, one or two metro stop to almost every places of interests: Acropolis, Syntagma Square. The hostel provides self-paid lockers for early arrival. But the lockers did not work well for me. The staff are helpful and nice. The thing I may not like was that I was assigned to a building beside the one with the reception.

Beds were comfy, central location but streets and area were sketchy. I was put in the building next door and it wasn't too safe or clean. Try paying a little more for something better. View of Acropolis from rooftop bar was highlight. Wifi is only in reception area.

Perfect location and wonderfull view of the Acropolis. We reallye liked it. The only problem was the wifi conection, that didnt really work. But everything else was fantastic.

The hostel was pretty good. The rooftop bar was the best place to meet new people, have some drinks, food and an amazing view of the city! Nothing to complain about the rooms.

Great place to stay! Would definitely recommend the free walking tour offered. 2 euro gyros and the Nutella crepes just up the road was a delight to find.

This is a great hostel! Really close to the train station and close to all of the attractions! Great vibe and awesome roof top bar :) Definitely recommend!

The location was perfect, whereas it was right in Monestraki square, where a lot of the markets and shopping are. The facilities were okay, but the WiFi wasn't good, because it would shut on and off, and only worked in the lobby. Breakfast was provided, but it was minimal. The overall room was excellent and clean, but we did have to buy/rent our own lock for the lockers. The bathroom in our room was pretty awkward, but worth it, because the price overall was a steal.

Great hostel in a great location. We were on the sixth floor with a great view but it was a little loud due to the bar. Otherwise no complaints!

Was able to walk to acropolis, metro, the archaeology museum, and a very nice part of Athens (psiri) from our hostel. Was upgraded since they were full to a studio with private balcony. We heard some lady got placed in a mixed dorm and was unhappy. Rooftop bar packed and slow at Happy Hour but a fun night. Showers hot with great water pressure. Beds clean and comfortable. Internet 6 euros for 24 hours but then it stopped working so that was a waste, and the one employee was little to no help.

This hostel was just perfect for me, very good location, just 4 minutes from the metro station and very close to the most important places of Athens, very calm and clean, with a very good breakfast. I really recommend this place for everybody.

I enjoyed my stay here very much. The staff are incredibly friendly. Many hours were spent enjoying the perfect view from the rooftop bar. The location couldn't be better. Great walking tour. The rooms are little cramped, but you won't spend much time there. The breakfast could be improved and the cooker in the kitchen is extremely slow. But those are very minor niggles. I spent nine nights (!) here and my holiday was extremely enjoyable in no small part thanks to the staff. Highly recommended!

• 5th May 2014