Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

1908 Total Reviews

Great location, great hostel with an awesome bar on the roof, Totally recommended!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Greece

Amazing view of the Acropolis from the rooftop bar! Fantastic location and breakfast is great.

Awesome place! Rooftop bar has cheap drinks and an amazing view. Loved it

The view is the real star of the show. My BF and I stayed here for one night only - and we were more than happy with our stay. Check in/out was easy. We sat at the roof top bar for hours chatting away and watching the Acropilis morph (from day to night). Staff were friendly and helpful and there is aircon in the room (just make sure someone's key is in the electricity who ISNT leaving at 4 am - or you will be very hot hahaha). All in all, a good little hostel for a great price.

Absolutely the best hostel I've been in while in Europe, although we did pay for a deluxe private room. I definitely recommend spending a little more and going deluxe for a perfect experience! Wifi is only in the common room, but my Andoid phone picked up the wifi in our room across the street! Aircon, great bathroom with excellent hot water pressure, very clean and comfortable. Staff were amazing and friendly. Location was amazing and right in the heart of Athens!

The air con did not work & it was like a sweat box..... Unfortunately I am staying there again for 1 night.... Just due to group/ conveinience.... But NEVER EVER again. Owner should learn how to smile too.... Very rude.

It would be great if the WiFi was available in a few areas outside of reception, because it gets really crowded and hard to access. I found that the security guard on the night shift was a little rude and unfriendly to us during our stay. Besides that, we really enjoyed our stay here, the general vibe is amazing. That rooftop bar is top quality as well!

Toilets where always blocked. Staff where rude and unhelpful. Found cockroaches in my room. Sheets where dirty. Showers did not work properly. Aircon leaked water on my head while I slept.

I was in the second building which wasn't that nice. there was mould all over the roof in the shower.

Security was poor. Staff where rude. Facilities where dirty.

the hostel was amazing. there was just one particular guy in the reception that was very rude to us when we ask him to help us with a flight check in.

This hostel is very rare--it does some things well and other things like a train wreck I've never seen before. Good--great location, walking tour, and atmosphere--friendly people, terrace, Bad--choppy Internet only available downstairs, loud obnoxious groups (thx busabout), Ugly--the longest checkin of any hostel I've ever stayed in (1 hr long lines and this happens consistently), impossible to get help from reception due to lines, no service attitude to speak of, poor management (ok staff)

Really good bar food and atmosphere. The view is also spectacular.

Great little hostel located right near the main strain station and all the shops! Staff were extremely helpful with pointing me in the right direction for ferry tickets and anything else I needed. The terrace is a great little spot offering happy hour and good dinner options as well.

Staff were fantastic. The room was quite hot though, even with AC.

The hostel is well located, although looks like quite a dodgy place in Athens it is only short walks to great markets and stunning scenery. Unfortunately they are understaffed here and I ended up waiting over and hour just to check in. It would be helpful to add another computer to check people in and possibly have a second staff member at the desk at all times. Apart from that Athenstyle is a nice hostel to stay at to see the different sights of Athens :)

The reception staff were simply lovely, they were so happy to help you and would do anything in their power to do so. The room we stayed in was unbelievably hot. The ac was just not cool enough, the beds weren't great either, extremely creaky thin matress bunk beds. Having said that the atmosphere was brilliant and extremely friendly, with a wide range of ages and people.

• 5th Aug 2015

Desperatly need more staff, very long wait at reception, receptionist clearly very stressed. Very long wait in the roof top bar for a drink.

It's in a great location. A little pricy for a hostel IMO, also the rooms have AC but you have to pay for them :/ I probably would stay here again because Athens kind of feels dangerous due to recent economic hardships, and this hostel felt very safe- key cards to get in anywhere. Ps the rooftop bar has a killer view

The staff were friendly and very helpful