Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

What I loved about this place was the view from the rooftop terrace and how easy it was to meet people. The location was great, it was so easy to get around Athens. I had a female dorm and I didn't like how a male worker just came in to change the bedding. He did not knock on the door and was pretty rude. The sheets were changed but the duvet was not, that was pretty gross. I am not sure if I would return to this hostel.

Ideally located just off lively Monastiraki Square, lots of bars and places to eat around and so convenient for the metro. Staff were friendly, the breakfast is fine for a free breakfast and has an amazing view! The atmosphere is really nice and I found the kind of people staying here to be really friendly. The room was ok, big enough, though the lockers in the rooms don't lock and you have to rent a small locker for valuables in the main building lobby of you don't want to carry them.

The location is great and the bed surprisingly comfortable, awesome air con, but that was about it. staff weren't overly enthusiastic or appeared to care, shower was horrendous, we were put in the apartment next door which was grungy and felt unsafe. none of the lockers locked. sorry guys but we were glad we only stayed for one night!

Great Hostel within walking distance to Acropolis. Close to Metro station. Free walking tour. Awsome rooftop bar w/ food service. Great staff.

All in all a good hostel with a great bar and a good location. I would definitely stay there again.

This is the place to be when visiting Athens! Beautiful views, great rooms and awesome staff. I will stay here every time I visit Athens.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • brndnfitz

Great hostel with awesome location. Mix of different nationalities there and the roof top bar was am awesome place to meet people. Only a short walk to acropolis and main square with lots of food places around. Staff were a little blunt and a lot of people talked about that down factor. Other than that I can recommend this hostel

This place was simple, but I really liked it. The rooms were simple, too, but pleasant. I had no problem getting a good night's sleep or meeting other people. The main staff member, Philip, was super awesome, friendly and helpful! It's located directly across from the Monistiraki square and excellent access to food, shops, etc. I would surely stay here again

We did not have clean sheets and after asking for new sheets they were still not clean. The bathrooms were dirty and the shower had mould on the walls. The reception was very slow. The rooftop bar was a nice feature.

I booked a 4 bed female dorm but when I arrived at my room there was a guy there. I told reception and said it was fine. No biggie as it was 2 nights but I think if you book a female dorm it should definately be female dorm.

I stayed in the main building in the girls dorm and that was good the second time was in the 8 bed mixed dorm in the second building and the room was very hot, noisey and the bathroom had one room for a shower and one room for the toilet and sink. The toilet stank and you had to brush your teeth over the top of the stinky toilet as it was a tiny bathroom. I did not enjoy the 8 bed dorm and wouldn't stay in that room ever again.

Centrally located and very helpful staff. The Roof top gives a beautiful view. Breakfast is poor and the tables and chairs were very dusty.

great place, great location, roof top bar is the best! staff was great for the most part, except for one dude who clearly hates his job and everyone around him lol. great drink prices at the bar, and right next to the metro

My first hostel experience and it was wonderful!!!!! The walking tour was excellent!!!!! The staff here are very helpful and so nice! Would definitely recommend this place to everyone. Great experience.

Overall this was a good Hostel to stay at. Great Location. WIFI was awful, though. Rarely worked in the room, and worked really slow in the lobby most of the time.

The hostel is in a fabulous location- you can walk everywhere. It's quite loud at night and noise from the stairwells carries right into the room. Our 4 bed dorm only had one functioning power point out of 4, which was quite annoying. Free breakfast was good and the terrace is a selling point. Overall 3.5/5

• 28th May 2015

I stayed in the building not connected to reception and it was pretty good. It's clean and has the basic necessities, but wifi only works in reception/main building. The rooftop bar is really nice. The building is next to Monastraki square and metro so the location is awesome. The alley it's in is kinda sketchy so don't venture off too far in the opposite direction of the square. Overall a good hostel to stay at :)

Overall a fun hostel in a great location. Loved the rooftop bar where you can meet other backpackers. However the room was pretty dirty including the bathroom which needed some major cleaning.

We stayed in a double room. It was a size. The shower small and it be noisy. The rooftop bar great and had amazing views. Our bags were left in Frankfurt and got delivered to the hostel. Staff to room let know when they arrived.

• 27th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The bathroom in my room had an electrical fire in the middle of the night. No smoke alarms went off. Luckily, I woke up and stopped the fire with a fire extinguisher in the hall. Everyone's stuff in the room was covered with soot. The front desk personnel did not react in a prompt matter. In fact, he wanted to check guests out before finding out what went wrong or if any other problems on the floor were to occur. The hostel did not compensate for the room or apologize for any inconvenience.

• 27th May 2015