Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Great location and good rooftop bar. Accommodation is a bitest ordinary if your staying in the building next door.

• 21st Jun 2015

The best part of this hostel is the location. it is central to everything.

I only had one day in Athens and this hostel served as the perfect location to get a taste of what Athens has to offer without running around the entire city! The staff were great and the dorm was clean! The best part of this hostel is the rooftop! It was happening on a Friday night and the views are amazing!

This hostel is huge! Staff were good, very friendly. Wifi only in the lobby. There is limited luggage storage, on my checkout day all of the lockers in the storage room were taken and when I asked at reception if there was anywhere else I could put my backpack he just shrugged and said no. Rooftop terrace is great and has an amazing view!

Overall it was a great experience. The roof top bar, also the location for the included breakfast, looked over the with views of Athens. The free walking tour showed us everywhere we wanted to go under the guidance of a local who was very helpful .

• 18th Jun 2015

Top score for location and security, but the showers were a joke and the AC was broken, so I ended up not sleeping during my stay and not really getting a shower.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Norway

Staff is super nice, rooftop bar is great! Hostel is close to lots of cool bars and restaurants. Best hostel to stay in while in Athens.

Most of the staff was friendly, although the girl that checked us in seemed like she was doing us a favour when it is her job. Very unfriendly and looked pissed off the whole time. Bathroom cleanliness could have been better. Beds were okay. Location is good. I suggest spending a day getting out of the monastiraki area. Rooftop was good although not enough seats. Get there early for happy hour.

I felt like this place was a bit pricey.

Good place to spend time and explore Athens, friendly staff. Staff needs to ensure showered don't back up, need Plummer to fix issues with showers

Very very poor bathroom, the worse I ever reach in a hostel. The hot water pipe of the shower is exposed,what is a real danger. The drain has an insufficient diameter, which makes that you bath like in a pool, with your feet immersed in the dirty water. There's no ventilation, no exhaust, no window. Also, no WIFI in the rooms. Nice staff and location.

Great location and rooftop bar. Fastest hostel WiFi I have seen. Bathrooms were tiny though.

The area, although very central is not nice at all.

We are a little old for hostels and like a little more luxury. It was a fantastic location and the staff were great. Would certainly recommend for younger travelers.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The location was good, and the rooftop bar was amazing and had a fantastic view and great food.

Good location. Was only here for 3 hours because I got in at 2am and left at 5. 24hour reception was handy

We stayed only for a night before our flight back to the states but had a good stay at Athenstyle. Staff was super nice in pointing us where to go and helping us get to the airport in the morning. Rooftop bar definitely has a good vibe and great views. Not as crazy or social as other hostels in other cities, but as good as we've experienced in Athens (because maybe everybody is going to or coming from the party islands). Beds are pretty close together, but very clean and nice accommodations!

Great location with rooftop bar/lounge that has view of Acroplolis!

Great Location and Excellent breakfast but the most wonderful thing is the great Staff You made everything and I am most grateful for this wonderful staff My heartfelt thanks to you all

Nice place - clean rooms, great lobby and nice rooftop bar. Breakfast isn't great, and no alternative milk for those who can't have dairy. Wifi only in lobby means it gets really crowded. Great location. Some staff really helpful, some really not.

• 13th Jun 2015