Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Everything was great, but it was so loud at night that I could not sleep properly, I was really sick so I needed a good nights sleep.

• 14th Jul 2015

This hostel was clean and welcoming.The rooms and bathrooms were a good size too, as well as the staft were verh friendly.

Really great place for backpackers to start. Helpful staff, close to the train station and immersed in the busy life of Athens. As a traveller who's stayed at hostels on the outskirts of towns, this hostel had most of the necessities in the vicinity, and a train station nearby for those harder-to-find items.

The rooftop and location was definitely the best part. Staff were just okay, could have been a little more helpful. Good place to meet people and pretty clean. Showers tiny and cold water only..incase you care. All together it was a good place to stay.

This was a great place. I would highly recommend it due to the atmosphere and location. Only down side was that the bathroom and shower were yuck. You had to hold the nozzle of the shower to wash yourself and the bathroom smelt as the toilet couldn't cope with the toilet paper and there was a high risk of blocking the loo. Not sure if that is the Greek sewerage system or if these guys need to fix their plumbing

• 13th Jul 2015

Awesome hostel, nice staff, good locale. My only complaint is the new wing is super run down/you can hear everything in the hallway while trying to sleep. Also, I was there the night before a bus about tour and got to deal with some rather annoying bubk mates who had little regard for other guests- it would def help the property to stick everyone on a tour in the same room- esp. If it is a busabout tour!

Loved the free walking tour!

Not in a great part of town, but good for the price and ideal for pick up and drop off. Careful with your belongings when in the surrounding streets. Staff were helpful and friendly!

We were a little disappointed to be moved into the rooms next door, even though we specifically booked athenstyle - we ended up back in soph and chris's backpackers again. Not happy we spent the extra money and ended up in the cheaper room. Otherwise good bathroom facilities, FANTASTIC staff - super helpful and friendly, nice beds with power points at each one, BUT the lockers were not properly securable even with a padlock (at least the ones we had in our room)

• 7th Jul 2015

Very nice Hostel with the perfect location! The rooftop bar has an amazing view of the city and especially the acropolis. There's a free breakfast however it's not possible to have a takeout if you are leaving earlier (ferry to the islands). Somewhat a really nice place but it's expensive during the high season.

Since its a hostel, don't expect facilities like hotel. Location of the hostel could not have been better. Its close to the metro station, all the shopping centers like Palaka, Monastiraki, Syntagma were close. Rooms were clean, breakfast did not have many options but still it was worth the money I paid. We were group of 3 people and enjoyed our stay at Athenstyle.

Great location, easy to get to from the metro

The rooftop was a hit however a lot of the rooms are in a separate residential building and the main door to that building was rarely closed.

Hostel was in a central location, but was hard to find. Bathrooms were average and WiFi sketchy in the dorm rooms. Lift only fit one person and one suitcase. Great views of the Acropolis from the rooftop bar!

• 5th Jul 2015

Pretty disappointing! I'd heard really good things but our room was crowded, dirty and the bathroom was tiny. We were in building two, which was in poor condition and has nothing like the fun, party atmosphere of the other building. It might have been better to stay there.

• 4th Jul 2015

Hotel overall good. However reservations were messed up and me and my friend traveling got separated into different rooms rather than getting our room together.

• 4th Jul 2015

Great location close to the Acropolis/Parthenon and main square. It's a little bit hard to find but I asked people on the street and everyone was super helpful and guided me there. People at check in are super nice and the rooftop bar (also where the free breakfast is served) has an amazing view of the Parthenon! Incredible. The breakfast was really good also. The bathrooms and lighting in the dorms were not the best and really old, but it was functional. Would stay again!

Excellent location, good breakfast, clean rooms & bathrooms, and a great view from the rooftop patio! But the wifi is only in the reception, but drawback. But overall, I would recommend this hostel to others

Great location, friendly people. Only complaint is how loud it was. Almost impossible to sleep and I can sleep through most things

Very disappointing stay. We arrived well after check in & our room was absolutely disgusting. There was rubbish EVERYWHERE - dirty tissues, half eaten rotting food etc. We had to wait over an hour in total filth before the cleaners arrived. The bathroom was gross and so tiny, and every time we asked the staff for information they were incredibly rude. Plus the doors on our lockers had been pulled off so we couldn't lock any of our stuff away. Good location & rooftop bar but will never come back.