Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Great location and the staff is very helpful. We suggest bringing earplugs because the dorms can be quite loud.

• 19th May 2015

Beautiful place, great view, excellent location!!!

• 19th May 2015

Great staff and location.

Great location, great walking tour. Not allowed to eat or drink your own food in the common areas - you have to purchase from the bar, which was disappointing. There is a small, hard to find kitchen you can cook and eat in, but it is functional rather than a place to meet others. In general I found it a difficult place to meet people. Needed a thorough clean, there was mould on the shower curtain. Beds were uncomfortable and loud.

Staff were unfriendly and breakfast was apalling, but apart from that the hostel had good facilities and was very well located.

Amazing view from the terrace bar

Great Location. You can reach almost everything easily by foot. The rooftop bar is a highlight and run by friendly staff. Rooms are basic, but clean. The bed was very hard and the walls very thin. We woke up every night during back pains from the old mattress or other guests jumping and yelling through the stairway. Reception staff was mixed: A girl was very unfriendly and not welcoming in any way, a boy was heartly and open. Very negative: Curfew for luggage storage and credit card payment-NoGo

Great atmosphere easy to locate right off the metro from the airport. Staff was helpful and friendly. I am traveling alone and felt very comfortable in this hostel. Perfect location. Would definitely recommend it and stay again if I come back to Athens!

• 13th May 2015

When I showed up at Athenstyle Hostel, my card was not working. The staff there (Phillip) was kind and helpful. He assured me that they would not allow for me to end up on the street, but would give me a room to stay for the night and to figure out payment the next day. Fortunately, my card fiasco was resolved before going to bed that night. I traveled to Athens for a business conference and am *so* glad I stayed at Athenstyle. It was an enriching experience! Loved the rooftop bar, too :)

• 12th May 2015

I had a great experience at Athenstyle. It was a short stay but the room was decent. The bathroom and shower could have been a bit better, but I've seen worse. Great view. Decent complimentary breakfast. It would have been nice if the rooftop patio was open in the afternoon as it is a great place to hangout while waiting around. I highly recommend doing the FREE walking tour! It was the highlight of my time in Athens. Great location as well. Super easy to get to from the metro as well.

an excellent location with lots of activity right in the heart of Athens and very close to the Acropolis. Upon arrival we were greeted by an unhappy desk attendant who seemed annoyed to see us. several different occasions we were greeted by unhappy desk attendants that seemed to hate their job. the bartenders at the upstairs bar were always very friendly and willing to help with directions or suggestions. Overall it was a very good experience and maybe we just caught some people on a bad day.

A Very nice hostel. Staff Very helpful. I would definitely recommend it and i would stay there again.

Thank you for your nice words! Hope to see you again.

The hostel was really nice, check out the rooftopbar!!!!!!! Amazing! Nice place to meet new people and to have a great time

• 3rd May 2015

Thank you for your nice words! Hope to see you again.

Great location. Nice beighbourhood with tavernas and bars, very close to the main attractions. The rooftop bar is truly lovely. The female bartender is very friendly, while staff at the reception are not great at making you feel welcome and giving info - basic service really. The place is clean. Rooms are ok. Wifi only available in the nice entrance hall - you must pay extra for the rooms. I would recommend it. Location, cleanliness and rooftop are big ups.

Dear guest, We are indeed in a very central location, with many bars, taverns, restaurants and a walking distance to all the sightseeing. The rooms are being cleaned daily and WI-Fi is offered for free in our lobby area. Hope to see you again

Moved our things in the middle of our stay to a different room without any warning.came back from seeing the sights, opened the door and found people in our room. Went to reception and they switched our rooms, moved our belongings and were not apologetic at all. There was no warning this could've happened at all which was the worst part.

- definitely above par hostel- clean, comfortable, great location. - could use WIFI in the rooms or the bar upstairs- was a bit of a pain having to sit in reception to do any work/research/emailing

Dear guest, Thank you for your nice words. We'll keep in mind your comment about the WiFi. Hope to see you again!

Great roof top bar with a view of the Acropolis. There's also a very comfortable foyer area in the lobby if you want to read quietly or catch up on a few emails. Many hostels in Athens do not have these comfortable sitting areas which you need if you are staying 2 or 3 days..... Well worth the extra couple of euros a day.

Dear guests, thanks for the nice words! to see you again! Dear guest, We are very sorry that you felt like somebody from the staff was rude to you. We are always pleasant and try to help all our guests. As for the instance you mention, do you think you maybe misunderstood? We can't plug in USB drivers in the reception PC and we always print the boarding passes via e-mail. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

The staff isn't really helpful. I arrived at the hostel at 5pm to check in. And the guy at the reception told me to wait for a moment. After waiting for twenty minutes, he checked me in but told me that my bed wasn't ready. It took me more than an hour to finally get into my room. Also there is no age restriction to this hostel which made the atmosphere not as good as I expected.

Dear guest, Our check in time is after 14:00 because the rooms are being cleaned, but whenever we are able we check in our guests a bit earlier let them take their things in their rooms and explain to them that the rooms will be ready after 14:00. I think that that was the case. We are hostel that facilitates but independent travelers as well as families, but no one under 18 i allowed to stay in a dorm room.

The rooftop bar is reason enough to stay here, it's amazing, especially with the free breakfast. Felt a like a hotel in terms of quality but also in atmosphere though

My favorite hostel so far. I came by at 10 and the first thing the lady at the front said was "check out isn't till 3" she was kinda sassy for no reason. Other than that it was perfect. I would deff stay here again