Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Air con doesn't work in the main building, and you definitely need air con in summer there. Also the bathroom leaked all over the floors. Dangerous as it was slippery. Otherwise a good hostel.

Great location in Athens. Nice clean and spacious room with a lovely bathroom and a great view of the acropolis.

Good clean beds and locations, thanks for the nice stay! :)

• 18th Jul 2014

Room was well facilitated with ensuite and tv. Location was dodgy and dirty and staff were very unhelpful. Wifi did not work AT ALL for me (on both iphone and ipad) and shower leaked into hallway. Good for a short stay, beds were clean and comfortable and room was also clean.

• 17th Jul 2014

The only negative aspect about this hostel is that they charge you if you want to leave your lugage there after the check-out. It was the first time I saw this in a Hostel.

Loved the basement area. Wifi could be improved.

I arrived around 3am, and the staff were rude and blunt. We were also woken up at around 5am by a yelling woman out on the street swearing, believed to be one of the staff/ co owners of the property. Wifi wasn't very strong and only worked in lobby. Everything else was good.

• 13th Jul 2014

The location is amazing

Sheets had holes in them, beds very uncomfortable but good location and clean. Staff helpful.

Of douse the best feature about this hostel in the rooftop bar. Amazing views of the Acropolis and Athens both in the day time and evening. Also a good place for socialising and meeting other travellers though not much of a party atmosphere. Staff were friendly enough, rooms were clean and secure.

Nice place in a good location. Easy to get to the main sights and the metro. Good place to meet people if you're a solo traveller. Elly at the desk is great! Wifi works well - not in the rooms if you're in the dorms in the building next door.

We got a problem with our reservation that was at the end solved. We did a reservation for a double bed and we got two single. We sleep the first nigth very bad.

The first stay was faultless however the second stay was not. Both times we booked a superior double room however on our return to athens the room was not superior in another building, with bunkbeds and without a safe. We then got moved to the main building in a room with a safe but it was still a four person room with four beds, not the "superior double" we had payed a lot of money for - the man at reception had no record of our booking being superior. Due to the high price this was upsetting.

Sheets had holes in them and weren't that clean (on the other beds that weren't in use). There were no real curtains. It was annoying that you had to log in everytime you wanted to go on the wifi. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay. Rooftopbar is great, nice staff, amazing location!

We were a young couple staying in a private room so I can't comment on the dorms. Let's start with the good...fantastic location, super easy to get to, and walk to all the main sights & shops. Also incredible views (of the Acropolis) from the rooftop bar. Then the bad. 1.Air-con did not work in 35 degree heat 2.The front desk staff were rude and unhelpful 3.There was a BALL OF HAIR in my bed when I got in on the first night 4.The room was quite dirty 5.The wi-fi only worked in the reception.

The location is the best. The common area is the only place with wifi, perfect to meet others. My shower leaked into the room so have good shoes or a good eye. Small problem, easy to fix but not sure if they know. Rooftop bar and location was and still is selling the hostel for me.

They overbooked on the night we stayed so we got a free upgrade into a studio room which was great. The rooftop bar also has a really nice atmosphere and a great view of the acropolis

• 26th Jun 2014

Loved this hostel. Best experience I've had thus far. Staff are friendly and helpful. My room had some issues with the key but they sorted it out quickly. Top location, great view of the Acropolis as well as right in the heart of Athens next to Monastiraki Square (the main square). Wish I could have stayed longer!

The "free" walking tour organized at the hostel is great. It was the highlight of Athens. The roof top bar has a great view. We spent 4 nights here at the end of June and the the room was unbearably hot even with the pitiful air conditioner.

Awesome Rooftop Bar. Good place to stay a few days when passing through Athens.