Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Having a shower pretty much wets the entire bathroom, so that could be improved! Also power points at each bed would be a good addition. But its in an excellent location and super easy to get to the port and airport by train so I would definitely stay again.

Awesome place to stay. So close to everything and really easy to get to from the train station. Nice breakfast on the rooftop too which had great views and a good happy hour. Would recommend and would stay here again.

• 8th Jun 2014

The hostel, while in a scary looking laneway at night time!, is ideally located, within walking distance of the main tourist attractions, Temple of Zeus, the Acropolis etc. The hostel has a nice rooftop bar with great views of the city. A free walking tour is offered to the guests of the hostel, and I highly recommend this if you have the time, you leave the hostel at about 9.30am returning at 13.30, hitting all the tourist hotspots with a very knowledgeable guide.

The Hostel is really great. the staff were very caring and everything worked fine. If I return to Athens, I sure I want to repeat my experience in this Hostel. I also stayed in others hostels in Athens and no one is like Athenstyle.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

We were very disappointed. We arrived at the hostel at night and receptionist was absolutely rude. First, he complained about our late booking and acted as if he was doing us a favour for letting us sleep there! Then we entered our room, and all the beds were dirty and used, they hadn't been cleaned after the last clients. There were lots of plastic bottles piled up on the floor and the beds. When we told the man it hadn't been cleaned for days, he answered "Maybe". We moved the following day.

Most comfortable bed and pillow so far. Great location and rooftop restaurant/bar had fantastic views. Food was good and fairly priced.

• 6th Jun 2014

We had a private room on the 6th floor which was nice but it was situated right under the rooftop bar so was extremely noisy. The bar does not closed till 1am so we were not able to sleep until after the closing time. Otherwise was a good hostel, quite expensive though.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The room was dirty especially the washroom facilities. There was a limited amount of toilet paper for 3 people. The shower was poorly looked after and we found larger bugs in the washroom in the cracks. The whole room could have used a cleaning...the drapes etc were just dirty. A hostel should be looked after so that people want to come and stay there. I definitely will look elsewhere next time I come to Athens.

Great location. The rooftop is excellent for socializing and good view of the acropolis. Common area is good. Right by the metro which goes directly to the airport. I'd stay again.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Athenstyle has a great location in the middle of Athens, and very close to the Acropolis and other sights. Great view from the bar and cheap prices. I think the toilet in girls dorm could be cleaner. It gets wet easily.

Only WIFI in the lobby

• 29th May 2014

nice staff :)

Was quite unsatisfied with the quality of customer service that was given.

The place is easy to find. Rooftop is a great spot to see the Acropolis' night view and meet fellow travellers. More of college dorm feel than a hostel.

• 26th May 2014

Good location. Room was cramped but w nice big lockers and beds were comfortable. Staff were not friendly or welcoming. Overall stay was fine but not fun.

I would not recommend to stay here more than one night. There are other low budget hotels that can offer way more for only a little more money. Stay here as a last result.

Loved our brief stay here as part of Busabout. Great vibe, close to the station (not even a 5 minute walk) and the city square. Staff were super helpful - gave us tips on where to eat, printed our flight tickets and made us feel so welcome.

I enjoyed my stay as it was very close to all the sights in Athens. However I found the security poor, you use a key card to power the rooms which makes sense however mine was stolen by someone else in the room that was checking out and therefore I lost my key card deposit and had to pay again in order to get another card.

• 25th May 2014

The common room was one of the coolest common rooms I've seen! The day staff were very awesome but the night staff wasn't as friendly or helpful. The room I stayed in had pretty tiny and dirty bathrooms but the sheets were changed every morning so that was nice.

The hostel is located in the heart of the city, near Hadrian's library, one or two metro stop to almost every places of interests: Acropolis, Syntagma Square. The hostel provides self-paid lockers for early arrival. But the lockers did not work well for me. The staff are helpful and nice. The thing I may not like was that I was assigned to a building beside the one with the reception.