Athenstyle Reviews

Agias Theklas 10, Monastiraki, Athens, Athens, Greece

Great location close to the Acropolis/Parthenon and main square. It's a little bit hard to find but I asked people on the street and everyone was super helpful and guided me there. People at check in are super nice and the rooftop bar (also where the free breakfast is served) has an amazing view of the Parthenon! Incredible. The breakfast was really good also. The bathrooms and lighting in the dorms were not the best and really old, but it was functional. Would stay again!

Excellent location, good breakfast, clean rooms & bathrooms, and a great view from the rooftop patio! But the wifi is only in the reception, but drawback. But overall, I would recommend this hostel to others

Great location, friendly people. Only complaint is how loud it was. Almost impossible to sleep and I can sleep through most things

Very disappointing stay. We arrived well after check in & our room was absolutely disgusting. There was rubbish EVERYWHERE - dirty tissues, half eaten rotting food etc. We had to wait over an hour in total filth before the cleaners arrived. The bathroom was gross and so tiny, and every time we asked the staff for information they were incredibly rude. Plus the doors on our lockers had been pulled off so we couldn't lock any of our stuff away. Good location & rooftop bar but will never come back.

The room was very basic, as would be expected at a hostel. Very close to everything though

• 29th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

On the weekend a new club had opened so it was very noisy in he room. Apart from the noise,the staff were very nice and the hostel met all my original expectations. Nothing too fancy but in good condition.

This was a fantastic hostel, with friendly and helpful staff, the best location you could ask, and an amazing rooftop bar with an unparalleled view of the city. Definitely glad I chose this place.

The staff was awesome and the rooftop bar was very cool. Cool atmosphere with so many other young travelers.

Very dissapointed by this hostel! Especially for the $$ I payed for it. My room was not even in the hostel it was next door in a creepy apartment building. The breakfast was pretty average so if your booking it for that, don't. Didn't feel very welcome in this hostel, weird vibe.

Thebad: wifi only in the reception. our room was in a different building. we never had toilet paper common room was sparse and had really ratty furniture. the showers are small, you have to hold a button on the wall to get the water to go, you have no control over the temperature. the washer dyed all of our clothes grey. Dyer was broken. the good: ac was exceptional. good breakfast. rooftop bar has amazing views. centrally located and easy to find. staff were helpful.

Sociable, safe and central. Roof top bar is great and makes meeting new people easy.

No wifi in rooms. Some of the staff was really un personable. The pillows were very flat and the beds were extremely squeaky. The first key they gave me didn't work and it was 1 AM when I checked in so I surely woke up my whole room trying to open the door with the bad key :(

Breakfast was meagre but I loved my stay

We stayed here for only one night by we really liked this place. Located just 10min walking distance from the Acropolis, it has many facilities and an awesome rooftop bar that should be visited. Our room was in the building just beside which was not very well maintained, but nothing too serious, would definitely return.

Location was awesome! Right in the centre of everything. We found that the bathrooms were usually smelly and dirty. The rooms were quite small, but all in all, it was a good stay. The roof top patio was good and the view was great. Wifi only worked in the lobby, but we had a room on the first floor so it reached up there as well. We got lucky on that one!

Overall an average stay, although it was a shame that many of the rooms are completely separate from the main hostel, and force you to go along the street into a different apartment block. In my first room the air conditioning was broken (causing it to be stiflingly hot) and the shower wasn't at all private (there was only a small shower curtain separating it from the rest of the shared room). There was also a general lack of toilet paper and bath mats. Breakfast was sadly poor.

The staff is great and very helpful! The rooms are pretty clean, but the shower is not the Best. Great value for money and Perfect location.

Great location and good rooftop bar. Accommodation is a bitest ordinary if your staying in the building next door.

• 21st Jun 2015

The best part of this hostel is the location. it is central to everything.

I only had one day in Athens and this hostel served as the perfect location to get a taste of what Athens has to offer without running around the entire city! The staff were great and the dorm was clean! The best part of this hostel is the rooftop! It was happening on a Friday night and the views are amazing!