Atlantic Hostel Reviews

Derb Lebbana, 34, Essaouira, Morocco

Great hostel in the center of the medina, very friendly and helpful staff: very refreshing after the hectic vibe of Marrakech! Old building but decently maintained, the rooftop patio is a major selling point: great view, nice place to relax and soak in the sun. Only con: difficult to get some hot water, but that's fairly common inside any medina. Pretty calm and relaxed vibe, the owner demonstrated great hospitality and friendly approach. I highly recommend this place!

• 11th Apr 2014

Atlantic hostel is in an excellent location and has all of the basic facilities. Kitchen smelt bad

You will never want to leave this place! Amazing staff - will go out of their way to help you and make you feel part of a big family - they even fixed my shoe when it broke! Great location amongst the medina and a short walk to the beach and everything you may need. Lovely breakfast served for several hours and you can order a home made dinner for super cheap! Great hot water and great WiFi too!

I was happy to FINALLY find a good accodomation in Morocco. The Atlantic hostel offer a good ratio quality-price that can"t be beat in this country. Best staff ever!(djembe,trad. music, giving tip where to go). The dorms were clean. Hot water. Also, when it's sunny, the terasse is a good place to be! 5 stars!

• 10th Feb 2014

I was happy to stay at Atlantic when i came from Marrakesh. The hostel is nearby the bus station(10 min.walking). At the hostel, the main living room and terrace is THE place to be(music, meeting, etc.). The staff are always enthousiasm and helpful vs tips. The dormitories were confortable and clean. I Highly(!) recommande Atlantic hostel in Essaouira!!

I arrived there and there was this guy with Rastafari hair being very aggressive. No proper front desk, no proper bookkeeping. Quoted me a price different than the one on my reservation. The room was in the building in front. Wifi did NOT work in the room. There was no hot water. They use colored bedsheets and it was not clear if they were clean or dirty or just wrinkled. There were people socializing in the kitchen, but I went somewhere else, where things worked well for just a little more.

Best place!!! Was meant to stay for 2 nights ended up staying 6. Would of stayed longer if we could. Essaoura was our favourite city of morocco and the staff here made it stand out. Rashid is the best he always took our bags for us, he was there every hour of the day to help and give advice to us..really admire his work. And Special shoutout to aziz - enjoy your meal! Hahaha Anthony

Man was this hostel excellent! Wonderful staff made sure my stay was top notch. I was sick the first night and they put me in the more isolated rooms across the alley. Every night there was a great ambiance in the common rooms, most of the time facilitated by the staff. Highly Recommend!

In a pretty good location about a 5 min walk to the beach staff are very friendly and helpful. Lock your valuables up in the lockers I had some money stolen when I was there

Atlantic hostel was a very pleasant stay. Good atmosphere and excellent staff, rasheed and shalek were very helpful when questioned on things to do around Essaouira. Rasheed also recommended trip and friends hostel in Marrakech, we are very pleased with the atmosphere and staff here, both Jalile galileyou and his father are very helpful

First of all the staff is amazingly helpful and nice. They let you feel welcome and keep the good atmosphere up. The hostel is located in the very center of the Medina. You can get almost everywhere within 5 minutes walk. In the chillout area they play a lot of music, but people smoke inside the building (might be harassing for non-smokers). The breakfast is very fine and comes with omelette. Our toilette was not cleaned properly and we had no warm water for the shower. Might be fixed by now.

The guys running this place are excellent. They go out of their way to help you out and can tell that they genuinely enjoy there job working with people in the hostel! I would highly reccommend this place for a relaxing stay

Awesome hosts! :D a pity I haven't had the time to say goodbye, really made us feel confortable and made our stay even more enjoyable!! Thank you very much for the place and the experience! Hope I will be able to come back and definitely will visit you guys! :D Flo

a cool place to stay. met lots of lovely people there! only down point for me was cold showers (showers ran out of hot water a bit).

We had a great time at the Atlantic Hostel. The staff is very helpful and the atmosphere was great. You can have a good breakfast for 20DH and they also sell beer and wine in the evening. The hostel is located very well. We loved the young cat who lives in the hostel and always wants to play or sleep on your legs :)

The hostel itself is great, but the best parts were the staff, always going out of their way to help you in any way you asked, and the atmosphere. I'd definitely stay here again!

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Great backpackers hostal to mingle with people. helpfull staff and typical warm morocconstyle welcome during the whole stay, good beds and rooms with space, breakfast is offered @ resonable price and reccomended. There is space for people who like to be very social as for those who just want tot stay and relax on their own. Throughout the day the owners play some popular music mingled with arabic songs what keeps the good vibes going. Cherish the young cat who lives in the hostal = peacekeeper!

Hostel is good for those who want to meet new people in place like hippy comune.:) Guys at the reception are really friendly and nice. One of the nicest people in whole Morocco. The problem is cleaniness of the rooms and toliets. You also dont have any place in rooms for two to put some things. Breakfast is not included in the price and cost 20 DH. Prices could be a little lower (especially for smaler rooms). But if you dont mind cleaniness and want to hang out with new friends I recceomend it

Very openminded and friendly staff. Perfect!

• 30th Oct 2013

nice hostel in the heart of the medina from Essaouira. really central, just around the corner are all the main streets and the beach is to walk about 4 minutes... as well the boys working there are super helpful and always with a smile on the face. so if you're in Essaouira it's definitely worth it to spend the money on this hostel.