Atlantic Hostel Reviews

Derb Lebbana, 34, Essaouira, Morocco

Lovely atmosphere and great staff!!!

• 29th Jul 2014

very good place to stay! staffs so lovely! I want come back!! was very nice!!

• 21st Jul 2014

The ultimate chillout hostel with constant reggae through the speakers, a very friendly staff and lots of backpackers. Far from the cleanest hostel we've stayed and the beds were just matresses on the floor but for that money it's more than fine.

The hostel is very well located right in the heart of the medina and pretty easy to fin from the main street. Staff is helpful and very friendly! Roof terrace is pretty cool too. We felt it was maybe a bit dirty at times but it never really bothered us. Also there are only like 4 showers and toilets in the entire hostel so they often got pretty crowded. Overall for the price we paid (60 dirhams per night) we would recommend it!

Atlantic hostel is great:...big sunny terrace with awesome views of the sea and medina; short walk to the beach; close to the markets for fresh fruits, veggies, meats and fish to take back to the hostel to cook; the staff is very friendly and give superb service; large common area for chilling or hearing locals play African drums & spirit music; hot showers; free wifi. I had so much fun meeting people from all over the world! I highly recommend the hostel and the town of Essaouira.

• 7th Jul 2014

What an awesome hostel!! Super location, super staff whom are extremely helpful and frequently play traditional North African music, a great atmosphere and lockers are also available. Highly recommended and would definitely stay again.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Wales

This is the by far the best hostel I ever stayed at in my life. The staff is outgoing, give you a warm welcome and so much fun to spend time with. Whatever you need, whether its organizing transport, organizing a trip, or simply asking for directions or prices at the market- they will definitely help you out. The hostel has an amazing common room and a beautiful rooftop protecting you from strong winds- when they´re to strong to even go to the beach you can chill there. What more can I say? :)

I came to Essaouira as a female solo traveler and the best choice I ever made was to stay at Atlantic Hostel. The past 6 days has been absolutely incredible and I am so sad to leave this place, it truly feels like home. The guys at the hostel are amazing, they look out for you, they play music every single night with everyone, and help you with whatever you need. I feel sorry for those who haven't had the opportunity to stay here, Essaouira/Morocco wouldn't be the same without this experience.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Bermuda

The Hostel was really nice and helpful. Very good atmosphere! Friendly and helpful staff; very warm and welcoming. Location is perfect, in the middle of the medina in a really awesome place in Essaouira, near to the city center, 10-15 min to the Atlantic Ocean beach, 15 min to the bus stop. The dormitories were clean and confortable, the living room and terrace are really amazing places for the price you pay.

• 21st Jun 2014

Easy to find and good value plus nice people! The hot water was sparse but no complaints overall.

My stay at Atlantic Hostel was by far one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had! The warm and inviting atmosphere of the quaint historic building in the center of the market in the medina and the friendliness of the staff captivated me from the moment I entered. Days at the beach, evenings on the terrace watching the sunset and nights of music in the common area with amazingly talented people made life perfect. This hostel is THE place to stay in Essouarra! It was liking coming home....

• 12th Jun 2014

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in, for the price. None of the beds had been cleaned, and still had bits of hair and even a scab (!) left over from previous customers. Really gross. The beds themselves were mattresses on a concrete floor. They eventually moved us to another room, where the beds were also dirty. No hot water in the shower.

• 11th Jun 2014

Great value Hostel! The staff really make it feel like a home!

People smoking hash in the common room of the hostel. Our roommates said the cleaning ladies has been going through their toiletries bag. No air conditioning that we could find (which was the main reason we booked the hostel). Internet only in common areas and VERY slow. Location was good, but directions to hostel not very good. Next time I would definitely try a different hostel.

The guys at Atlantic are just awesome, they really make you feel at home. It's like your staying at their house! Nothing is too much for them, they will pick you up from the bus station, book trips for you (horseriding!!) and get you anything you need. The location is great, right in the medina with all the shops around. It's a nice place to stay at when traveling as a girl alone in Morocco. This hostel represents all that is Moroccan hospitality. Thank you guys!

Best hostel in Essaouira!!!! Very hard to leave HOME!!!! Best staff best people best terrace best everything. Hope to be back soon to my Morrocan family. 5 stars I recommend

• 27th Apr 2014

great hostel very chilled with friendly staff. common room with smoking area which is a great place to chill and meet other guests. only downside is that hot water in the showers is only intermittent and goes hot/cold every couple of minutes. but for the price it is still good value and i would definitely recommend, i had a great stay.

Great hostel in the center of the medina, very friendly and helpful staff: very refreshing after the hectic vibe of Marrakech! Old building but decently maintained, the rooftop patio is a major selling point: great view, nice place to relax and soak in the sun. Only con: difficult to get some hot water, but that's fairly common inside any medina. Pretty calm and relaxed vibe, the owner demonstrated great hospitality and friendly approach. I highly recommend this place!

• 11th Apr 2014

This was a great hostel and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for somewhere to relax in Essaouira. The staff were very friendly, helpful , great to chat to and they went out of there way to make us feel at home and kept us smiling. Rooms clean and comfortable with a great roof terrace overlooking the city where we enjoyed breakfast on our first morning (nice sheltered spot to relax in the sun away from the essaouira wind!). Great location in the centre of the Medina. All in all .

Atlantic hostel is in an excellent location and has all of the basic facilities. Kitchen smelt bad