Atlantic Hostel Reviews

Derb Lebbana, 34, Essaouira, Morocco

Very Nice people working at the hostel, friendly, ready to help you, a place to chill out with exellent vibe, beds are ok, no breakfast included.

This is one of the best hostels I stayed in Morocco. The staff was so cool and nice. Could cous was the bomb. He cooked a meal that I heard was excellent. I didn't get to try it but I will for sure next time. I will for sure be back again. Also one of the best rooftop ever. I spent many days laying in the sun chatting with other guest. This place has such a good atmosphere for travelers. Everyone should stay here.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Atlantic hostel. All of the hostels in this chain are great I stayed at three same owners. Couscous the chef was particularly excellent and free Moroccan cooking lessons. The roof top patio bar isa great chill spot. Free lockers are great and the beds were comfy.

Great atmosphere !! The terrace is amazing, breakfast really good and the staff is really friendly :) love the drums and the music :)

This is a great hostel with a really amazing atmosphere. All the staff work really hard to make everybody feel at home. This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in for meeting people.live music every night. A threecourse meal cooked by Cous Cous in the evenings is a highlight. One really good thing is that you can choose to sleep in a very quiet part of the hostel if you are a light sleeper. Any thing you need just ask Cous cous.Thank you very much for a great time!

Atlantic is the best place to meet people. The atmosphere is what Atlantic is all about. Chilling on the rooftop terrace, drinking tea and meeting amazing travelers. If you're looking to cook you're own food, and be in bed before 10, this place is not for you, but if you are looking for an amazing experience of Essaouira, brilliant home cooked Moroccan food, and culture, then stay at the here! (p.s you should restock your toilet paper more often)

I had high expectations for this hostel after reading good reviews but do not be fooled! The rooms were extremely dirty, cramped and old, there were only a couple of showers for the huge amount of people staying there (I waited 1.5 hours for a cold shower), reception was almost never manned (again, waited 30 minutes before someone arrived to check me in and another 30 for someone to check me out), no lockers and staff didn't seem to understand the problem when they shortchanged me. Avoid!

• 4th Feb 2016

This was one of the coolest places i've stayed at. The people you meet here are so welcoming and hospitable.

Amazing Hostel, great atmosphere, great staff, the hostel is so cool and has load of quiet places to chill. Right it the heart of Essaouria, but quiet at the same time. 10/10 would recommend

This hostel was so enjoyable that I ended up staying for nearly one week. This is testament to the country, the town and the hostel, oh and definitely the people running the hostel. A BIG thank you to Cous Cous for his overall awesome-ness and superb cooking. Karim was also really welcoming. So welcoming that I thought he had been at the hostel for months or years but infact I found out it was just weeks! Keep up the good work guys, I'll miss those nice evenings with the food and the music. Sami

IT has very nice terrase

We had a really good time at the Atlantic Hostel! It was like a big family and we much fun to stay at the rooftop! There's a tasteful tradional dinner in the evening made by COUSCOUS! Great funny man who takes time for everyone and cares about! We would highly recommended this place!!!

• 1st Feb 2016

There are some great aspects to the hostel but my god, it needs a 'lick of paint' to say the least. First off; its massive, there's something like 50-60 beds. With only two bathooms per floor you're lucky to great a shower and the place felt very busy. Second, everything is old, broken, dirty or all three. The beds are comfy and clean but that's about it. Wifi is dreadful. The roof terrace is awesome, the best I've ever seen. There's a very laid back vibe and the staff are (mostly) friendly.

This is a pretty poor hostel. It has a good atmosphere with a decent roof terrace and they have proper lockers; but that's about as far as it goes. Generally the place was quite dirty and the beds weren't very comfortable. I know two people staying there who were bitten. There was also no hot water so combined with the lack of cleanliness and minimal showers, this is a problem. It's not the worst hostel I've stayed in but certainly not the best. There are probably better around.

Great hostel and even better terrace with stunning views. Huge breakfast for cheap money. The dinner is amaizing with vegetarian option cooked by the best moroccan, CousCous! Definitely the best place where to stay in Essaouira!

Great hostel, amazing staff who are keen for everyone to have a good time. Some great memories here.

Well, if long-haired Westerners with dreadlocks, smoking weed and playing guitar are your thing, then this is the place for you... Don't expect to have a good night sleep though

One of the few hostels where the average score underrepresents how great the place is. From the stunning 3-course family dinners every night to the amazing terrace view to the drum circles and jam sessions in the evening hours, Atlantic hostel has hospitality in spades. And you know what happens when you make everyone feel at home? They are good to each other. Almost every guest contributes to the welcoming atmosphere and relaxed vibe, a place where you immediately feel like family.

I absolutely recommend staying at this hostel. It's right in the medina so you can get to the bustle of the city in seconds. It's very comfortable and the staff are lovely. The rooftop terrace made our stay very special, you get to see some incredible sunsets from up there. The hostel itself feels kind of like a pirate ship and lets face it who wouldn't want to stay in a pirate ship hostelhostel!

• 16th Jan 2016

was meant to stay 1 night, ended up staying a week! Cous Cous was the best chef and entertainer! The terrace was the best terrace that I've had in my 2 month experience in morocco ! Mohammed was very friendly and caring. Had the best time here. Place was clean, staff were friendly and the hostel was central in medina! Definitely coming back when I return to morocco :)

• 16th Jan 2016