Atlantic Hostel Reviews

Derb Lebbana, 34, Essaouira, Morocco

Great social hostel, easy to meet people. Great location within the medina. Cous Cous and Redouan are absolute legends. Would definitely stay again.

Fantastic stay! Great people!

Great backpacker place. Nice dinner, family style :) Manager Muhamad is a responsible guy and very kind. Will def recommend this place.

• 4th Jan 2016
  • China

This hostel is absolutely awesome. Staff so friendly - a guy called couscous is a great chef. The balcony is so chilled out and the bar gives u great drinks. I've been to India, Thailand etc and this is one of the best hostels!!

Very gud atomsphere and stunning view at the terrasse, the guys who run it are very freindly. Clean beds

Great hostel. Bar on rooftop with cool area to hang out and make friends. Beds were fine, bathrooms were nice, big and clean.

• 17th Dec 2015

This place is fantastic, definately one of the greater social hostels to stay in. We where a little tired and wanting a break, and found that it was just a little bit noisy. With the Riad style hostel layout, the noise just comes straight down from the roof, and its fairly noisy here. If you want to be quiet and rest its not the best place. If you want to be social and have fun on the terrace, then highly recommend.

Great hostel! Great atmosphere with a nice roofstop with bar. Staff really helpful and best cheap meals cooked by Couscous!

Das beste Hostel in Essaouira! My sister and I stayed in the hostel for some days The Staff and people who stay there are so friendly! It is easy to get to know other travellers. When you visit Essaouira you have to get to know Couscous, he makes every evening the best Tagiine in whole morocco and is the greatest guy I met there(seriously he is so funny! :D)

The staff, terrace,facilities, location, food and atmosphere were 5 star at the Atlantic. Big shout out to Cous Cous who is a great host and chef. Can't wait to come back.

Best hostel I stayed in Morocco. Believe the other reviews about the awesome rooftop, and Cous-Cous with his dinners and late night jam sessions. Rest of the staff is really great as well. Hostel was booming with business, would be great if they could spring for complimentary tea or more of a breakfast, but I'm nitpicking. For four bucks this was a great stay. Would come back to Essaouira just for this place.

Atlantic is the best hostel I've every stayed in the atmosphere is absolutely amazing. A rooftop terrace with beautiful views over essouira where everyone can hang out. It's very easy to meet people here and the energy is nice and relaxed. Cous Cous is full of love for every guest and cooks an optional dinner for the guests each night.

Atlantic hostel is the best hostel in Essaouira out of 3 hostels I have stayed in this town. It has very nice staff members who are always there for you. I enjoyed my best dinner at this hostel on my first night. The in-house chef Couscous makes delicious meals. The roof terrace has the best atmosphere during the evenings and nights while many people are socializing, drinking and smoking up there. Some nights people gather around down-stairs patio area to play some music with drums and guitar.

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Finland

The guys that work here went out of there way to make us feel at home, they serve cold beer which is fantastic and even when we had checked out. They welcomed us back to steal there wifi and give us advice. This is the place to stay in Essouira

Awesome hostel. The terrace is lovely and make sure you have dinner, cooked by the amazing Couscous. The social atmosphere is really nice and it's the type of place you end up staying longer than expected because it doesn't quite make sense to leave.

• 26th Nov 2015

Really enjoyed our stay. We were moved to a private room due to a booking error which wasn't a problem for us at all, but we had to wedge the window closed with newspaper to keep the wind out. The food was excellent and really enjoyed the social nature of the big table. The drums were fun. Yassim is amazing and really made our stay special. We're sorry we had to leave even after you asked us to stay, we wish we could've!

Easily the best hostel in essaouira. Friendly and helpful staff that are always trying to help. The breakfast on the terrace each other and creates a great vibe in th hostel.

A fantastic hostel, quirky and unusual with friendly staff who go out of their way to help. Couscous cooks every night for !all the guests (60 Drh a head) as well as running the place. He is a truly happy human, which is a rare thing to find! Thank you to all the staff for a brilliant stay, we'll be back in January! XX Jane & Maya

• 15th Nov 2015

One of the best hostels I stayed at in Morocco. And the roof deck is awesome. they have wooden lockers in the common area to store small/medium bags. also, we had a group dinner which was rad (around 60 dirhams each, not bad). Really easy to get to when you get dropped off in your cab from train station...

Yassine was a great host. On most of the evenings I was there, he cooked an excellent dinner for everyone. The fixed price was reasonable, and we all ate there without question when he cooked. In addition to the food, the conviviality and chance to get to know fellow hostelers was great. The only negative for me was that another employee promised that they could wash some laundry for me in three hours. It took 36, and then it was still wet,