Atlantic Hostel Reviews

Derb Lebbana, 34, Essaouira, Morocco

Well located, and the kind of hostel you want for your adventure

Nice place to spend a day or 2 doing nothing

The Atlantic Hostel is an absolute gem! I arrived with plans of staying for only a few days, but changed plans twice to extend my visit because I enjoyed Essaouira and the atmosphere at the Atlantic so much. From the moment you walk in the door they make you feet at home, and the hostel itself is a perfect size, with a very relaxed, laid-back vibe. The staff cooks dinner nightly, sometimes letting guests peek in the kitchen for a quick lesson in Moroccan cooking. Highly recommended!

Yahya the manager is very welcoming and friendly, as well as all the staff who greet you with a hug or a hand shake everytime you walk through the door! The hostel has a lovely spacious roof area, with outside beds to relax on in the sun! The food is great, dinner is a 3 course meal with very good food, and the breakfast is very nice too. As well as traditional music is played in the common area each night!

This place does have a nice, relaxed atmosphere, but it can be pretty difficult to sleep with the almost constant music and general noise from the common room. My highlights from this hostel are probably the meals cooked by the in-house chef, which were really amazing (and he's a great guy, too!). The showers and bathrooms in general could do with a bit of maintenance, but overall I enjoyed my stay.

This is a true hostel, like a hostel should be. The staff and atmosphere was really amazing. The people are friendly and there were a lot of travellers when I stayed there. Although it was not super clean, I didn't mind at all because it kinda had its charms. It felt like I was in a house where there was always something going on. In the evening there is live music and you can eat here very good for a very reasonable price!

1 2 3 Next » last »