Atlantic Point Backpackers Reviews

2 Cavalcade rd, GreenPoint, Cape Town, South Africa

I was in a quad and my only comment would be that I wish there were more bathroom/showering opportunities rather than 1 bathroom for 4 people

• 16th Mar 2015

Great facilities and location is good for the V&A waterfront. If you want a bit more chill time and enjoy a few drinks this is a great place. I found it to be a bit clicky but this was probably because I didn't spend too much time at the hostel. Maybe better for younger travellers who want to party

The location was convenient for getting to the waterfront (tourist activities) & downtown. We stayed in a double private room ensuite and it was very spacious, brand new, and nice. The neighborhood felt safe and there were shops nearby for when you didn't want to venture far. Parking onsite is not guaranteed and can fill up. We parked on the street without incident, though. Staff: just OK. They wouldn't allow us to check in early, seemingly without checking if our room was ready.

Really great hostel. Safe, comfortable beds, big lockers. One suggestion: get new code locks on the doors! Not having to carry a key is handy, but the door locks require two hands to open, which can be very frustrating when carrying things, etc. Also, install hooks on the inside door of the bathroom stalls. Other than that, great job!

Great hostel in a safe neighborhood, walking distance to the waterfront. Close to bus stop to get to the rest of Cape town. Many places to hang out. You must go on one or many of Juma's tours, they are excellent. His tours gave me the best insight into Cape Town; townships, wine/cheese/beer/chocolate tastings, peninsula tour, braii, all great. He really made my stay fantastic.

Perfect place to stay in Greene Point. The all-female dorm was a huge draw, and was better than expected with private attached showers and toilet. The Wednesday Brai was incredible and I'm so glad I was there for it! Overall, a comfortable and friendly place to stay in a safe and beautiful part of Cape Town!

Staff is wonderful and rooms clean. Swimming pool a bit small. Great if your traveling on your own to meet people and they have a bunch of events and tours.

• 12th Jan 2015

We stayed at Atlantic Point Backpackers for two nights in a private room, and it was fantastic. The location is great -- within walking distance of the waterfront -- the room was beautiful and comfortable, and the staff were friendly and helpful. They also offer many different types of activities, both on premises and around Cape Town. Thanks for the great stay!

Fantastic location, and the front desk has loads of activities that u can do, bike rentals are also available. Less than a 5 min walk to the VA waterfront, it is right behind a street with resturants and a grocery store. Make ur reservations early as this tends to fill up, we stayed in both a private and 6 room suite and both were nice. The private was fantastic, private bathroom, tv, and very comfy bed. I would definitely stay here again.

Really enjoyed my stay there, met alot of new friends and il be coming back and recommending people to go there.

• 29th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Stayed for a few nights before Christmas and had a great stay. Clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff, good restaurants nearby, and best of all, plenty of fellow travelers who made the stay fun and enjoyable.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Awesome place with super friendly stuff. Make sure to stay there when in Cape Town

Great hostel. Excellent staff who were always friendly

I had a good time at Atlantic Point. The hostel is safe, the beds are good, the people are nice, the bar is good, the facilities are good and the parking inside the gate is excellent. The location, between the waterfront and the city center, with restaurants and shops just around the corner, is excellent.

If you wanna stay around the Green Point, this is the hostel you are looking for!

Good hostel. Staff were great with planning events. The security is excellent with multiple layers of protection. Location is good for the waterfront, recommend taxi to Long Street. Would stay again.

Really good hostel. Very clean, good facilities and helpful staff. Great location for waterfront.

A great hostel with lovely private rooms. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. They even went out of their way to help me when the battery of my car went dead.

• 26th Oct 2014

That were one of the best hostels I've ever been! The staff is amazing, Chico is a great guy, there's always something to do, everything is clean and neat. Once in CPT, stay there and you won't regret.

Amazing guests and staff during my stay. A great social atmosphere for meeting people, but at the same time, bar shuts down early so you can go out in the city if you want to keep the party going or can go to sleep if you've got an early adventure planned the next morning. The location actually wasn't the greatest, but I had such a great time at the hostel I had to make sure the hostel got rated 100%.