Atlantic Point Backpackers Reviews

2 Cavalcade rd, GreenPoint, Cape Town, South Africa

The staff were super friendly and always willing to help. It was a bit noisy during the night but that is of course to be expected when sleeping in a dorm. It was very good value for money and I would definitely use this place again!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Wonderful hostel! Really awesome staff who go above and beyond. Loved the braii on Wednesday night!

i loved it

• 27th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Nice hostel, good rooms, shower and bathroom, bar upstairs, great staff, good value, easy to see surrounding area and have a few drinks at night

I really appreciate the hostel, staff is lovely and help me for every single thing. About the hostel, the breakfast could be better, and they should change bed linen every day for more cleanliness. I stayed 3 days and they did not even change the bed one time.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Benin

Nice and friendly staff

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Zimbabwe

This is my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff are very friendly, and the three stories make it easy for everyone to either socialize, have down time, or connect over a home-cooked meal. Thanks for everything, especially for making us feel at home away from home.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Great staff, free breakfasts, good location, and they always have events going on. Absolute bang for the buck. I would highly recommend to anyone staying in Cape Town!

Atlantic Point is one of the best hostels where I've been so far - very enthusiastic and welcoming staff, nice atmosphere and clean rooms. A big plus also for the tours which they organize! Thanks for the stay and the amazing time that we had there.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback! We're really happy you enjoyed your stay! We try to incorporate our guests as much as we can and show them the city the way locals do, taking tours to the best spots on the best days. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Best wishes, The AP Staff

hardly ever had such a nice hostel experience; community, Integration of all, good time together, just fun

• 1st May 2015
  • Austria

Very pleasant hostel, friendly staff, cool bar upstairs. A small point for improvement would be promoting hostel activities to make use of the bar area!

Hello, Thanks so much for the feedback! We'll certainly take that into consideration and start some activities to make the bar an even livelier scene than it is now for your next stay! Best Wishes, The AP Team

I really enjoyed staying here and I absolutely felt safe throughout. It isn't far from many places, it was easy for me to get to long street and Camps Bay, and there are lots of bars around. The establishment is outstanding both in appearance and facilities and the staff was very friendly, helpful and I could easily relate to them. I will most certainly come back and recommend you to other travelers.

Hello So glad you enjoyed your stay! We do try to keep in fresh around here with constant improvements and updates and are always happy when it's noticed! We look forward to having you back so we can offer even more for your enjoyment! Best wishes, The AP team

Really nice Hostel, friendly staff, free breakfast, everything was good :)

Hello, We're really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your review. We hope that we can host you here again at some point soon. Regards, The AP Team

I was in a quad and my only comment would be that I wish there were more bathroom/showering opportunities rather than 1 bathroom for 4 people

• 16th Mar 2015

Great facilities and location is good for the V&A waterfront. If you want a bit more chill time and enjoy a few drinks this is a great place. I found it to be a bit clicky but this was probably because I didn't spend too much time at the hostel. Maybe better for younger travellers who want to party

The location was convenient for getting to the waterfront (tourist activities) & downtown. We stayed in a double private room ensuite and it was very spacious, brand new, and nice. The neighborhood felt safe and there were shops nearby for when you didn't want to venture far. Parking onsite is not guaranteed and can fill up. We parked on the street without incident, though. Staff: just OK. They wouldn't allow us to check in early, seemingly without checking if our room was ready.

Really great hostel. Safe, comfortable beds, big lockers. One suggestion: get new code locks on the doors! Not having to carry a key is handy, but the door locks require two hands to open, which can be very frustrating when carrying things, etc. Also, install hooks on the inside door of the bathroom stalls. Other than that, great job!

Great hostel in a safe neighborhood, walking distance to the waterfront. Close to bus stop to get to the rest of Cape town. Many places to hang out. You must go on one or many of Juma's tours, they are excellent. His tours gave me the best insight into Cape Town; townships, wine/cheese/beer/chocolate tastings, peninsula tour, braii, all great. He really made my stay fantastic.