Atlantis Hostel Reviews

ul. Dietla 58, 31-039, Krakow, Poland

Due to maintenance, the hostel shifted us to another hostel. The communication was at all times excellent and the hostel we stayed was excellent.

My booking had been confirmef, but still I had to change room during my four night stay. Kind of spoiled one morning for having to pack and wait etc. There is supposed to be a kitchen, and a common room available, but for one evening they were reserved for a very loud and drunken party of 75 students. Kind of spoiled that evening, after having spent a long and rainy day in Auschwitz.

• 13th May 2014
  • Finland

Thank you for the review. I am really sorry that you had to move, sometimes it’s just necessary. About the common room & kitchen – everyone can use it, we do not actually reserve it, all our guests have equal rights about that. I hope it was not so bad overall. Take care!

I'd recommend the place for sure. The price is great. Great location -though a noisy street. I was in a 10 bed dorm my first 2 nights but slept well. I had to switch when I extended my stay and ended up stuck with 4 idiots who came in drunk at dawn and talked loudly for 30 mins, banged things around and even belched loudly before laughing at their own stupidity. One of them proceeded to watch his tablet. I complained the next day and was moved to a better room for no extra cost. Good spot.

Didn't use the kitchen and common room as we went on two day tours, so I can't comment on them but the bathroom facilities are good. We had a private room which was very nice but we thought it was very dusty ( must be from the carpets). Otherwise, good location and staff.

The hostel is nice and located in between old town and the Jewish quarter, so that was good. The staff were okay, friendly enough but I didn't find that they went out of their way to help me. The hostel should encourage more group activities, I didn't meet anyone at the hostel because there were no organized activities or pub crawls or anything. There were a lot of big groups that already knew each other, which made it difficult for a single traveler to meet others. But cheap

nice hostel. good location from the main part of town. would recommend.

The window had to layers, nevertheless the deeper one didin't close and that caused a bit of noise in the room. No elevator, and check in/out at very extrict hours. Check in after 2 pm, and out before 10 am. I found the hostel expensive for what they actually offered. I found more value deals in other places during my stay in Poland.

Thank you for the review. We are during the renovation works, I hope that our windows won’t be an problem anymore. All information about elevator and check-in/check-out hours is on our Hostelworld microsite- we are sorry if you found them inconvenient. We try to meet our guest’s expectations and be flexible, but sometimes it’s just impossible to make an early check-in or late check-out. I hope your whole stay in Poland was better. Take care! Agnieszka

interesting place :) keep going, thanks

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Romania

brand new hostel, super rooms and very clean inside!!!!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Greece

The Hostel was HUGE, with great security, location. I was lucky enough to get a whole dorm to myself the two nights I stayed at Atlantis which meant two brilliant nights sleep.

At first,the staf was not as friendly.he gave me a room which has bad smell and dirty,the locker was broken.when I returned to the receipt,there is another staff.he is really nice and helped me change the room. It was great,I can see the castle from the window,and is clean and quiet.except that it doesn't has wifi,I need to go to the kitchen to surf the Internet.and the signal is not good.

The concept of common room and kitchen was excellent. The cleanliness of bathroom was really commendable. Some information on the free walking tours at the reception would be great. The experience was really amazing and value for money. Hopefully the same spirit and value for money would be maintained in the future.

Have to say this Hostel redefines what hostels should be about. Too bad some guests can be noisy...however the staff takes immediate measures for those who misbehave. I wholeheartedly recommend this hostel.

Negatives: .WiFi did not work. .The room window was damaged, and could not close. .The quiet hours were not respected, as there was loud partying during all night (no sleep till 7am). Both in the hostel hall (of the 3rd floor) and in the common room, there were drunk, loud people. .The bathrooms were really smelly. 2 times a day is good, but it's not sufficient. Positives: .Helpful Staff. I understand that controlling travelers is difficult, but some action should have been taken

Atlantis is a decent budget hostel option in Krakow. It is located between the Old City and the Jewish Quarter which means you can get everywhere easily within a 15 minute walk, however there is not too much going on around the Hostel. The dorms were ok but we had sheets too small for the bed which was a little annoying. Otherwise our stay was nice and the staff were great!

Good location - about 15 minutes walk to old town center, 2 minutes to Jewish district (Krakow is small though! there are more central hostels). No breakfast but nice comfy kitchen/lounge area, and they have corn flakes and tea/coffee for free - however, someone stole our milk from the fridge! :( Clean and pretty quiet. Staff seemed nice, and they sold salt mine and Auschwitz tours (we went to Auschwitz on our own though, you don't need a tour!). Big free lockers in rooms. Overall good hostel!

I stayed in a twin room. It was better than I expected . Especially shower feels you great. Reception are always helpful and service was friendly. Also beds was good enough and bed clothes was clean.İt gives your value of money. I recommend this place for everybody. Btw it looks like far away from old-town o the maps but it is not. Have fun ;)

Staffs are willing to help. The best part is having two common rooms to have a nice time with friends. The room is clean and the bathroom is cleaning too. The only little problem is that the wifi connection in the second floor room is verrrry weak. In conclusion we had a very comfortable and relaxing stay at Atlantis.

good location, good staff, good hostel

One of the better hostels I have ever stayed so far ! For the price you got super clean bathrooms, the wifi works perfectly, you can ask for as many towels as you need and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Totally recommended !

• 19th Mar 2014