Atlas Hostels Reviews

16 Talbot Square, Paddington, London, England

Kitchen in the rooms which meant it didn't smell great. Good location, bed was fine and good value for money, not a sociable hostel.

We weren't sure what to expect but had a great stay. Things seemed hectic at first due to remodeling that was taking place, but the owners were very nice, the linens were clean, and the beds were comfortable (brand new mattresses). Plus the location can't be beat!

Good value for money! It is right in the center of London. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Facilities were nice and clean. Other people who were staying at the hostel at that time were OK. Cons - rooms are small and it is almost impossible to turn around in the bathroom. Also there are no lockers to keep your things. But otherwise everything is just fine and when you think about the location of the hostel and price you paid then everything looks even better. I would recommend this hostel!

Excellent location with great value for money, staff is friendly, atmosphere was good, beds were clean, bathroom too. I would recommend it.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

Poor security as doors to building left open and no locks for each room. However, good value for money and good location.

Make sure the showers work. It was spitting water. Make sure you know how much deposit to give back. It was 25 pounds. You gave me 10. I had to ask for the rest. You gave me another 10. I gave up. Spoiled the stay right at the end. Otherwise it was in an excellent location. It was clean enough. the room and the bed, the most important. The staff were friendly and accomodating. I would recommend to anyone wanting to stay fairly centrally for an excellent price. Security though is questionable.

It was good that there wasn't a huge amount of people around. However supplies in the kitchen were lacking. Could only pay by cash and it took a few days to receive our receipt.

Staff in the hostel was very helpful, the kitchen was surprisingly well equipped and overall it was great value for money. Couldn´t ask for more.

You get what you pay...

Given the fact that it was in central London, it was not expensive at all. However, the linens were disgustingly dirty. I found several suspicious stains on the blankets. Unfortunately, the staff is also not available 24h, which makes it a little difficult and unconvenient. The reception is in the building next door and, I have to say, I felt a little uncomfortable by the behaviour of the owner.

The place don't offer any security, the bathroom was very dirty (when I took a shower the bathroom became a swimming pool) and it is very very small. I booked a room for 4 people in the hostelworld and the guys offered me a room for 6 people. The staff was very friendly and the location is very good.

Litsa was very helpful and accommodating. The bedroom and bathroom weren't very big, but they were clean and comfortable enough. I'd stay here again!

The bathroom was very dirty and I felt very insecure. Apparently there was a guy in the room who wasn't paying for his stay. The lady who take care of the house is very friendly, but it doesn't seem very professional.

They offer some "normal" rooms in the main building and 3 additional dorms in basement. HW clients always get the basement. Rooms A and C at least have bathrooms. If you get room B, you'll need to use the bathroom in the corridor. Basement rooms are extremely small, smelly, dark and guarded by hostel's semi-employee (long term client) who can make you feel better or awkward depending on his mood. Next time I'll pay few pounds more and choose any other hostel in London!

We spend there 3 nights, everything was good. Our room was tidy, hot water, clean bedsheets. The staff is very nice and helpful. The location is absolutely perfect! Good value for your money in the heart of London!

• 13th May 2014
  • Hungary

The people that run it or managed it was not organised and I didn't feel that they were approachable. I will never come back here even if it is in a good spot. This has been the worst hostel I've stayed in and I've travelled around the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.

Very good hostel indeed. Apparently the previous guests had taken all they keys with them, so we had to wait a little while for getting new keys, which was no problem at all. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean. Rooms include own bathroom and kitchen! This hostel is nicely located near Paddington station.

Place is an absolute dump! Definitely not a legal business. We didn't get the room we booked as the hostel had overbooked. The room we got moved to was filthy with hair and dried wee stains on the toilet. Also my friend came back @ 12am to a note telling her to use the mattress on the corridor floor-while she was out the owners gave her bed to one of their friends(I know this as he was there when she turned up & was not happy, he was countin on a no show 4 a free stay). Owner is vile and rude.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Extremely value for money given its prime location in central London. The rooms were small, and I was unlucky to get noisy room mates. I was also made to change my room twice during the period of stay. The first time, I came back to a note on the door. The second time, the new tenant told me he had booked the entire room and was pretty annoyed by my presence. I mean, I was confused myself! Anyway, the owners are extremely nice and do try to ensure a pleasant stay for guests despite the errors :)

Someone came into out room at 6 in the morning, and took a toilet roll. This was strange and made us feel very unsafe. Also, there were no pans and very few knives and forks. The shower was also weak.

• 4th Apr 2014