Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Amazing hostel the absolute friendliest people that ensure your time in New Orleans will be the absolute best! I was a solo traveller and my stay couldn't have been better

• 16th Dec 2014

This hostel is very good! And the staff is great! I have to say that Hannah mandes the best pancakes for breakfast! They are very helpful and very nice people. The hostel is a bit far away from all the turisty places, is like a 20 minutes walk, but given that you'll be eating your brains out, it is not a Bad thing to have that walk every morning. The WWII museum is just a few blocks away, as well as the garden district which is very beautiful and i recommend to go. I Really liked the hostel!!!!!

The hostel is only a few minutes away from downtown, and with a streetcar you are already at canal street in 5 minutes. The atmosphere in the hostel is like a little family. In the backyard was a BBQ grill and a jaccuzy which are probably the best items to have a good time in the summer. Breakfast contained of fresh and homemade pancakes. Quite delicious if you like them.

I will visit here the next time I'm in New Orleans La

The hostel was cleaner than my own house! And the staff treated everyone like family. I really liked the area and all of the bars and shops along Magazine street. Pub crawl was a nice addition too.

• 8th Dec 2014

Best Hostel I have ever stayed in! The rooms were big and clean and the outside courtyard area was great for meeting guests and playing games. I loved being in the Garden District next to all of the beautiful homes and not stuck in the French Quarter, which was only a 20 minutes walk away. Big thanks to the staff for all of the great recommendations.

• 8th Dec 2014

Fantastic hostel in a fantastic location. There was a great diversity of guests at the hostel, which made my time there a memorable experience. Make sure to use the hot tub!

• 7th Dec 2014

The staff is very helpful and the location is more than fine if you don't mind walking. I would stay here again.

• 4th Dec 2014

Staff very nice, friendly and helpful. The segregation of rooms made it a bit difficult to meet the other members as they had to come into the main building to interact. Although there isn't much you can do to change that. I'm sure in summer the outdoor area would be a great thing to be involved in.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel, great staff,great athmosphere, daily activities like, concerts, pub crawl, cooking,...

The hostel was quite close to the French Quarter and had plenty of public transport options nearby, along with some nice places to eat. The pancake breakfasts were a nice touch and Freddy was very helpful with all the questions we had to ask. There was only one shower, which didn't pose a problem for us but it might lead to a line for the bathroom with a full house.

The location was perfect, situated on the vibrant Magazine Street and only couple blocks away from the St. Charles streetcar, with which you can travel almost anywhere in NOLA. The staff was very friendly and it was almost like a family rather than a dull, money-related relationship. The only disadvantage is that if you have a top bunk, there isn't a power outlet nearby your bed. It might be a problem if you set an alarm and leave your phone on charge. Apart from that, everything was perfect.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Location is great near everything and very clean hostel. Awesome staff! I got there in the morning very tired and Freddy cooked me pancakes. I thought that was very nice and thoughtful for someone to do that. Beds are comfortable! I Would definitely stay there again and recommend Atlas guesthouse to anyone.

I had a great stay here. Glad I chose atlas house. The setup was perfect for some privacy and gathering spaces. Staff facilitated a good atmosphere.

Brilliant staff (local, genuine advice and great company) who go the extra mile at all times and make delicious pancakes (it's competitive!). Great location, lovely outdoors patio area and very clean. My only criticism, and it pains me to say anything negative about this wonderful place, is that for the two inside upstairs dorm rooms there is only one shower. This was an issue for some. This is only reason why rating is not 100%. Moral: Don't be boring - use the hot tub!

Best hostel I have stayed in yet! Clean facilities, extra helpful staff, and met other great people while staying there. Old New Orleans house with so much charm. There was only 1 bathroom for each room, but there were plenty of others around the house so it wasn't a problem. Especially enjoyed the fresh baked cookies one night and awesome music recommendations from the staff. : )

• 6th Nov 2014

The Atlas House is my favourite hostel I've stayed at. Everything about it was dope! Everyone there was super sweet and friendly. Shout outs to Freddie especially who was always up for showing people around and chilling with the guests. Highly recommended.

Amazing hostel, amazing staff and an amazing time! If you want value and great company! Stay here :)

• 27th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Stayed in mixed dorm for 2 nights. Nice hostel -- clean, location isn't right in the heart of things but pretty convenient. It was hard to find staff, I arrived during the day but wouldn't have been able to get inside if another guest didn't happen to be there since no one was at the desk, and they kept asking me how much I had paid already/were confused about their own records. I thought 1 bathroom for the whole mixed dorm area (8ish people) was a little rough. Overall nice hostel, would return

Atlas House was a great place to stay in New Orleans. It was a reasonably timed walk to get to the French Quarter. The staff were friendly. Freddy made the place great. If you are looking for someone to stay in NOLA, choose Atlas House. Who dat!

« first « Prev 1 2 3