Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

The staff was very friendly, and the back patio was a great meeting spot!

We really enjoyed our stay at the atlas house. The location was awesome, it's easy to go everywhere and there a quite a few shops nearby. The staff is more than friendly and we also liked the atmosphere a lot. We'll recommend the hostel for other friends who'd like to visit Neworleans in the future. Thanks for everything and all the best!

• 10th Aug 2014

This is by far the best hostel Ive been to in the states. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay wonderful, even doing laundry and hanging it on your door or by showing you around town. The location was perfect - surrounded by the mansions of the Garden District and only a 15 minute walk to the more touristy French Quarter. Everything was clean and the private room was very spacious. I wish I could have stayed longer at the Atlas.

• 8th Aug 2014

The staff were great, Jessie checked me in and Freddie and I had some really good conversations! It's a great property to socialise with people or to go off on your own which I really enjoyed. It's close to buses to and from canal street (near the French quarter) and is in the Garden District so you can walk down Magazine street and see all the big, old houses and Lafayette cemetery. All in all, one of the best places I've sprayed in my 3 years of travelling!

A computer and blinds at windows in all the rooms will be perfect. Exempt those details, everything was very good for the price ! Thank you so much Fredy !

My sister, friend and I stayed 4 nights in the private room for 3 and were very happy! The room and hostel were very clean, the beds had real mattresses and the hostel had an adorable courtyard and covered porch area. The staff were friendly and accommodated our late check-in. Location is good, not great -- French Quarter and the more lively parts of Magazine Street are walkable in 30 min, but not super close. We had bad weather so ended up taking cabs, which was fine. Great value, nice stay!

• 17th Jul 2014

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at so far. Very nice facilities, great atmosphere, amazing staff!!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Jessy, Injid, and Fred are the best. My 1st time at a hostel and I need not look any further when in New Orleans. Can't wait to come back.

• 10th Jul 2014

Right on Magazine St. which is a quaint, cute little street in walking distance to French Quarter. Safe to park on the street, rooms were nice and clean. Staff was very friendly as well!

Fantastic Hostel. The atmosphere was perfect with a very chill courtyard area and balconies where everyone hung out after the bars. The staff offered great advice on the best music gigs in town and joined in a on a few themselves. It was in a beautiful & safe part of town where the locals hang. French Quarter was about a 15 minute walk to the left. I prefer to walk everywhere, but the bus also picked up on their block. Very Clean. 5 Stars!

This is a fantastic Hostel. This is a fantastic Hostel. Location is great as you are about 10 minutes walk from the French Quarter (to your right) and only 5-10 minutes from "real" New Orleans with plenty of local bars and restaurants to choose from to your left. It's a very friendly atmosphere and being a somewhat smaller hostel, feels more like you are staying in a home. awesome hostel, highly recommend it . staff are friendly also!!

Staff was very helpful, welcoming, and friendly. We were a short streetcar ride away from major attractions. The pancakes were great! We definitely recommend The Atlas House when visiting NOLA!

Safe and quiet location within easy walking distance of downtown. Atlas House has a very social atmosphere, which made it easy to talk to and get to know people. The staff was friendly and open, and offered advice and assistance not just in navigating New Orleans but for future stops on my trip. They will also sponsor and participate in activities throughout the week, and especially on weekends. Would absolutely stay there again.

• 8th Jun 2014

Wonderful hostel, great location and generally really good vibes! We were well taken care of with a good breakfast in the morning and plenty of things to do nearby. Will definitely be back the next time we're in New Orleans!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place and te people are awesome! Magazine street is a fun and safe place to explore and its only a 30 min walk or 10$ cab ride to the French Quarter. The owner tries to make everyone feel welcome and does whatever she can to help out.

• 6th Jun 2014

I had never been to New Orleans before, nor did I know anybody down there. As such, my experience of the city could have been magic or tragic. Thanks to Atlas House it was the former. The small staff that work there are genuinely friendly, and make it their interest to ensure you have a good time. As a consequence the atmosphere at the hostel is laid back (exactly what you want considering how crazy the city can be), friendly and fun. Informative, pub crawls, free dinners. The whole 9 yards!

• 4th Jun 2014

Amazing place to stay in an amazing location!!

• 3rd Jun 2014

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! I loved waking up to fresh brewed coffee and pancakes every morning! Jessie and Freddy were so friendly and knew all the best places to visit and where to find the most delicious local cuisine! Very friendly

• 2nd Jun 2014

Outstanding Hostel in the party capital of the USA, the staff are in a class of their own. Freddie and Jess will go above and beyond anything expected and make you feel like your home, best of all they know how to and love to Party!! socially orientated and fun! I will be back for Mardi Gras!!

By far one of the best hostels I've been to in the USA, went for 4 nights stayed a week. Whould have stayed longer if I could great location, amazing and friendly staff, Freddie and Jess you guys are the best. They take time out to show you around and the best bars to hit up. Deff recomend this place to everyone.

• 1st Jun 2014