Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

My sister, friend and I stayed 4 nights in the private room for 3 and were very happy! The room and hostel were very clean, the beds had real mattresses and the hostel had an adorable courtyard and covered porch area. The staff were friendly and accommodated our late check-in. Location is good, not great -- French Quarter and the more lively parts of Magazine Street are walkable in 30 min, but not super close. We had bad weather so ended up taking cabs, which was fine. Great value, nice stay!

• 17th Jul 2014

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at so far. Very nice facilities, great atmosphere, amazing staff!!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Jessy, Injid, and Fred are the best. My 1st time at a hostel and I need not look any further when in New Orleans. Can't wait to come back.

• 10th Jul 2014

Right on Magazine St. which is a quaint, cute little street in walking distance to French Quarter. Safe to park on the street, rooms were nice and clean. Staff was very friendly as well!

Fantastic Hostel. The atmosphere was perfect with a very chill courtyard area and balconies where everyone hung out after the bars. The staff offered great advice on the best music gigs in town and joined in a on a few themselves. It was in a beautiful & safe part of town where the locals hang. French Quarter was about a 15 minute walk to the left. I prefer to walk everywhere, but the bus also picked up on their block. Very Clean. 5 Stars!

Staff was very helpful, welcoming, and friendly. We were a short streetcar ride away from major attractions. The pancakes were great! We definitely recommend The Atlas House when visiting NOLA!

Safe and quiet location within easy walking distance of downtown. Atlas House has a very social atmosphere, which made it easy to talk to and get to know people. The staff was friendly and open, and offered advice and assistance not just in navigating New Orleans but for future stops on my trip. They will also sponsor and participate in activities throughout the week, and especially on weekends. Would absolutely stay there again.

• 8th Jun 2014

Wonderful hostel, great location and generally really good vibes! We were well taken care of with a good breakfast in the morning and plenty of things to do nearby. Will definitely be back the next time we're in New Orleans!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The place and te people are awesome! Magazine street is a fun and safe place to explore and its only a 30 min walk or 10$ cab ride to the French Quarter. The owner tries to make everyone feel welcome and does whatever she can to help out.

• 6th Jun 2014

I had never been to New Orleans before, nor did I know anybody down there. As such, my experience of the city could have been magic or tragic. Thanks to Atlas House it was the former. The small staff that work there are genuinely friendly, and make it their interest to ensure you have a good time. As a consequence the atmosphere at the hostel is laid back (exactly what you want considering how crazy the city can be), friendly and fun. Informative, pub crawls, free dinners. The whole 9 yards!

• 4th Jun 2014

Amazing place to stay in an amazing location!!

• 3rd Jun 2014

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! I loved waking up to fresh brewed coffee and pancakes every morning! Jessie and Freddy were so friendly and knew all the best places to visit and where to find the most delicious local cuisine! Very friendly

• 2nd Jun 2014

Outstanding Hostel in the party capital of the USA, the staff are in a class of their own. Freddie and Jess will go above and beyond anything expected and make you feel like your home, best of all they know how to and love to Party!! socially orientated and fun! I will be back for Mardi Gras!!

By far one of the best hostels I've been to in the USA, went for 4 nights stayed a week. Whould have stayed longer if I could great location, amazing and friendly staff, Freddie and Jess you guys are the best. They take time out to show you around and the best bars to hit up. Deff recomend this place to everyone.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Gibraltar

Had a great experience at the Atlas House. The small hostel was cozy and very clean, it felt like a home away from home with living room and kitchen down stairs and bedrooms upstairs. The staff was also incredibly friendly. At only $15 dollars a night this place is all around amazing!

• 25th May 2014

Good location, very helpful staff! One thing needs to improve is that the first night we found many flying ants in our room. The staff gave us mosquito spray and fortunately, the next night gets much better. Overall, if you are looking to a quiet place to stay with a reasonable price, Atlas House is worth a try.

• 25th May 2014
  • China

My expectations were exceeded at the Atlas House! Staff was incredible and helped with music recommendations, the private ensuite room was HUGE with some really deluxe bedding and there were plenty of bars and cool places on Magazine street. Bus 11 picked up in front of the hostel and I walked to the quarter when the weather was nice. Bathrooms were very clean too which is important when I stay at hostels.

Very friendly , quiet,

The one important improvement I would love to see would be secure lockers in the rooms (or elsewhere in the hostel) for travellers' belongings. Other than that an excellent hostel with a personal feel to it. The location is away from the french quarter but it is easy enough to get to it on the streetcar!

• 11th May 2014

Hi, Thanks for your kind words! Our lockers actually arrived today and now all dorm bed guests will have a locker. It was a pleasure hosting you and you are welcome back to the Atlas House anytime.

Very safe and clean. Walkable to bourbon street, but also a hip local area with bars and shopping all around. staff were very friendly, played music with us, and had good venue info. public transportation was right in front of the hostel too. Stay here if you want a safe and clean hostel with a central location.

• 8th May 2014