Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Great location. Charlie, Moe, or Drew, whatever you want to call Joe, he's a great guy that most likely will not leave you behind at a bar. I highly recommend.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I met so many great people while staying here. Everything was very clean, comfortable beds, and really cool neighborhood close to everything.

• 21st Jan 2015

Best.Hostel.Ever! Great location not stuck in the noisy quarter but walking distance to it. I really like the bars and architect in the neighborhood and public transport was right on the block. Wifi was very good and everything was clean always. the owners are young and really great people. I had so much fun on the staffs pub crawl it turned into my best night in New Orleans.

• 20th Jan 2015

the room was clean and big enough for two persons. The location is good and we can walk to French Quarter within 30minutes.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • China

Jessie knew her stuff! Which neighborhoods to go to and where to explore. Hannah recommends good places to eat.

• 13th Jan 2015

Lovely hostel, and well connected to public transport. A full day-pass for buses and streetcars is only $3, and there are direct connections to the french quarter, the cemetaries, the sculpture garden, the audubon park, etc. It is also an easy walk to the french quarter, or to the garden district.

Amazing stay at Atlas House! A really cool old house that's been turned into a hostel. Free pancake breakfast included everyday. They do hostel activities, we did a pub crawl around the local area which was great. Its very clean, staff are super friendly and can book activities for you. Around a 20 minute walk to the FQ or 3 blocks from cable car that goes there. The only thing I would say is that the common area isn't the best for meeting people, we made lots of friends anyways though! THANKS!

• 7th Jan 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful. For instance, we turned up late in the evening after the reception had closed. Was contacted by the staff before they left and was given clear instructions on how to get inside and where our room was. Free breakfast every day was a nice touch. Only complaints are: -The description says "Walk to bourbon street!". What it doesn't mention that it's a 30-35 min walk. -The single bathroom for the whole mixed dorm rooms.

Location was top notch - easy to walk to the French Quarter and the Garden District, but not stuck in the French Quarter. Cleanest hostel Ive ever stayed in and staff went way beyond by taking us out for pub crawls and giving free King Cake to celebrate Mardi Gras season. Highest Regards to Atlas House.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

I had an amazing stay at Atlas House. The staff were so amazingly friendly. The hostel is in a beautiful area (Garden District) and the room was clean and comfortable. Great facilities with fast wifi and washing machine and dryerso. I would definitely stay here again, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Wonderful place for first timers, great atmosphere and friendly staff, met some really great people. I'll be back!

We stayed here over New Years and had a lot of fun. It's a bit of a walk to the French quarter but do-able if you have the time. Great hostel with lots of great people! The facilities are great except could've done with another toilet as it was in the same room as the shower. I would recommend staying here!

• 27th Dec 2014

This place was awesome! One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The atmosphere and staff are very friendly and helpful. They had free pancakes in the morning and sometimes lunch/dinner later in the week. When I was there it was mostly 20's, 30's there and a lot were international. It was a great way to meet people and they had a good little courtyard and then a common space near the kitchen people could hang out in. I would DEFINITELY stay here again, they helped make my trip!

• 26th Dec 2014

We had just an amazing time here in the Atlas House. Staff was very cool and there is a nice backyard to hang around with other guests. It´s about 25 minutes to walk to the frenchquarter. A taxi is about $7 so not that much. Wifi was excellent :) We had a great time so don`t think, book the atlas house!

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

Amazing hostel the absolute friendliest people that ensure your time in New Orleans will be the absolute best! I was a solo traveller and my stay couldn't have been better

• 16th Dec 2014

Great hostel. Excellent vibe at the hostel. Nice common area which would be particularly good in the warmer months. Staff were amazing - very helpful, hospitable and knowledgeable. They even ran a pub crawl one night. Location-wise, you're a 25 minute walk from the absolute centre of the action - but it's not a bad thing. Breakfast provided each morning was a bonus. Thanks for a terrific stay!

This hostel is very good! And the staff is great! I have to say that Hannah mandes the best pancakes for breakfast! They are very helpful and very nice people. The hostel is a bit far away from all the turisty places, is like a 20 minutes walk, but given that you'll be eating your brains out, it is not a Bad thing to have that walk every morning. The WWII museum is just a few blocks away, as well as the garden district which is very beautiful and i recommend to go. I Really liked the hostel!!!!!

The hostel is only a few minutes away from downtown, and with a streetcar you are already at canal street in 5 minutes. The atmosphere in the hostel is like a little family. In the backyard was a BBQ grill and a jaccuzy which are probably the best items to have a good time in the summer. Breakfast contained of fresh and homemade pancakes. Quite delicious if you like them.

I will visit here the next time I'm in New Orleans La

The hostel was cleaner than my own house! And the staff treated everyone like family. I really liked the area and all of the bars and shops along Magazine street. Pub crawl was a nice addition too.

• 8th Dec 2014