Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Perfect location, great helpful staff, and a chill atmosphere. Probably your best bet for a short jaunt in New Orleans.

Super staff, super clean, considerate guests. Great hostel, would highly recommend

• 11th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

No cups or glasses in the kitchen

Thank you so much for staying with The Atlas House. We have 3 cabinets completely full of cups, glasses, coffee mugs, wine glasses and more. Our staff would be happy to point these out to you next time if you were unable to find the right cabinet. Hope to have you back in New Orleans!

As far as staf goes, Caitlyn, Izzy and Freddie were 3 of the nicest people you could ask for. The house is approximately a 20 minute walk from Bourbon St, in a trendy little neighbourhood full of shops and great food/drink spots. The atmosphere is very inviting and tremendously fun. It has everything you need in a hostel.

awesome stay at Atlas. It's a little bit of a walk (20-30 mins) to the touristy stuff (French quarter, canal street etc) but the staff is really amazing, very helpful and even gave us free beer and made us pancakes! Atmosphere is very relaxed and chill, by no means a wild party hostel, but the layout is perfect for merit fellow travelers. I travelled alone and from day one I made some amazing friends who I keep in touch with! Special thanks to the guy that works there in am. I'm sorry! You rock

I loved staying here! When I arrived on saturday morning around 8am Freddie told me to just hang out and crash on the couch and he got me into my room before 3pm. The had game night at the hostel with free beer. It was super easy to meet other people that we were hanging out with every day&night and the staff was helpful with every question. Even Caitlin who just started was helpful with tips to get groceries or the bus schedule. It was a really good experience and I highly recommend this place!

Cute house in a fun neighborhood. Staff was very friendly and helpful too. Recommended.

• 3rd Jun 2015

It’s a very clean and cozy hostel. They have pancakes every morning and we had a free crawfish dinner at the hostel! They turn the hot tub on in the evening, and it’s very nice having dinner or just hanging out outside with the rest of the backpackers if they are around. Regarding the location, it takes about 20 mins to get to the French Quarter, but you have a bus very close from the hostel to get there, and there’s another bus that stops in front of the hostel when you come from that area. The

We really enjoyed our stay there ans we would have loved to stay another night! If we will be back in NOLA we will be back at the atlas house for sure!!!

• 27th May 2015

First time in a hostel and had an amazing experience. The staff organized free dinners and pub crawls for the guests. I met so many great people here. It was big enough to meet people and go out together, but small enough to be really clean and feel like home. Great value.

• 26th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Atlas House was awesome. The location is amazing and in a beautiful house on great street. I am so glad I didn't stay directly in the french quarter, but close enough to walk to it. Rooms were big and everything was very clean. Staff were always cleaning or helping out.

• 26th May 2015

Had a great stay! The hostel is located between downtown and garden district and is in walking distance to lots of happening places. The staff are great - Freddie, Izzy and Joe have made my travels incredibly enjoyable :) - Feifei

Great vibes, wonderful staff ready to help and offer suggestions and accommodate you for the best stay possible. Will definitely be coming back here next time I'm in New Orleans! Thank you!

• 20th May 2015

Really enjoyed my stay here - great location, vibe, super friendly and helpful staff. Only regret was that I could not stay longer! A+++

• 20th May 2015

Im so happy that I stayed in Atlas house, a nice, very clean hostel with a comfy atmosphere!! Extra gratitude to Izzy and Freddie who are such nice, cool and helpful people, making me feel really welcomed. They were always up for doing something and I saw sides of NOLA that I probably wouldn't had if it weren't for them. Thankyou!! Things that would have made it even better; a more extensive breakfast, computer to use and lockers in the dorm.

Amazing place to stay. Really friendly and helpful and clean.

• 7th May 2015

So I stayed at Atlas This weekend after finishing a tour that ended in New Orleans! I booked it quite in advance as I new it was going to be busy for jazz fest! In light this I was charged 100 dollars for a dorm room, which I though was expensive!! I was annoyed because I arrived a day late and was still charge because it was jazz fest. Then a guy who checked in with no booking got an exceedingly low rate! I thought this was very unfair as if expect the latter. Felt scammed.

Hi , Thanks for staying with us and I am really sorry that you felt this way. We never mean to make any of our guests upset. Jazzfest lasts through the weekend (Thursday - Sunday) and does hold a higher rate than most times of the year. Since you did not arrive until the second day and we held the bed for you the night before, you were charged the full amount. The guest who checked in the next day, checked in on a Monday where rates were much lower since Jazzfest was over.

Atlas was a good place to stay. It was close to the bus and a few minutes walk to the streetcar. The staff was very nice and mist helpful. I found the rooms small and crowded, somewhat noisy when others came in late at night. The floors were not the cleanest, but the beds were comfy!

Location is very good! The staff is very friendly and makes you feel at home! You can walk to the city center in just 25 minutes. I met Some Nice people over there! Now there is just 1 bathroom with toilet in The dorm. So you might have to wait a while. The beds didn't have lights by your head. So if you get in late. Wat happens a lot in New Orleans you won't be able to put on a small light. No lockers in The room but I had Nice roommates so kept my stuff under my bed.

• 30th Apr 2015

Hi, Thanks for your review and we were very happy to have you. All of our dorm rooms have lockers (right next to the closet) and I apologize if you did not see them during your stay. We also have extra lockers by the front desk just in case.

This is a great hostel. It is clean and the staff are fun and informative. It's in a good location, in which you can walk to both the Garden District and the French Quarter. Highly recommend.

Thanks so much for your recommendation!

« first « Prev 1 2 3