Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Such a great community; this is the place to be if you wanna make friends while travelling! Make sure you go to the Friday night pub crawl. The staff (Megan, Clemont, Brittany, and Freddie) were also pretty rad. Thanks so much for a great time!

• 21st Aug 2015

Hard to tell who works there and who is a guest... Pretty good location, 10mins by bus to Canal street and the French Quarter. We had a private room which was massive and clean/comfy, but we had to walk through a dorm to enter/exit which was weird. Overall a pretty good place to stay!

Amazing hostel!!!!! Extremely clean and safe. The staff was grate y the hostel itself was adorable. People staying there were grate too. I had the best time

I booked two nights, arrived to be told they had no room for me. They said they had emailed me, but I'd received nothing, and still have not received my deposit back.

Had a great stay at Atlas House. Friendly and knowledgable staff, a great pancake breakfast and good location. Walkable distance to the garden district and French quarters - also quick and cheap to Uber from the hostel. Highly recommend.

Great team at a good hostel with a family atmosphere.

This was our first stay at a hostel and we were definitely not disappointed. The rooms exceeded our expectations and the staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again

• 21st Jul 2015

This is quite possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was also the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Freddy and the girls are excellent!!!! Nothing is too much trouble and Freddy your pancakes are the best! Beats IHOP! Every traveller needs to stay here and listen to their advice as its their city and they have the best advice! 💛

Overall, this was a wonderful hostel experience. The staff was very knowledgeable, gave great recommendations, and made the atmosphere welcoming. The facilities were very clean and nice, the only downside is the limited bathroom space (but it really wasn't too much of an inconvenience).

Such lovely staff and the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 11th Jul 2015

Cool place to stay,nice area.very helpful staff:)

• 7th Jul 2015

Perfect location, great helpful staff, and a chill atmosphere. Probably your best bet for a short jaunt in New Orleans.

Super staff, super clean, considerate guests. Great hostel, would highly recommend

• 11th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

No cups or glasses in the kitchen

Thank you so much for staying with The Atlas House. We have 3 cabinets completely full of cups, glasses, coffee mugs, wine glasses and more. Our staff would be happy to point these out to you next time if you were unable to find the right cabinet. Hope to have you back in New Orleans!

As far as staf goes, Caitlyn, Izzy and Freddie were 3 of the nicest people you could ask for. The house is approximately a 20 minute walk from Bourbon St, in a trendy little neighbourhood full of shops and great food/drink spots. The atmosphere is very inviting and tremendously fun. It has everything you need in a hostel.

awesome stay at Atlas. It's a little bit of a walk (20-30 mins) to the touristy stuff (French quarter, canal street etc) but the staff is really amazing, very helpful and even gave us free beer and made us pancakes! Atmosphere is very relaxed and chill, by no means a wild party hostel, but the layout is perfect for merit fellow travelers. I travelled alone and from day one I made some amazing friends who I keep in touch with! Special thanks to the guy that works there in am. I'm sorry! You rock

I loved staying here! When I arrived on saturday morning around 8am Freddie told me to just hang out and crash on the couch and he got me into my room before 3pm. The had game night at the hostel with free beer. It was super easy to meet other people that we were hanging out with every day&night and the staff was helpful with every question. Even Caitlin who just started was helpful with tips to get groceries or the bus schedule. It was a really good experience and I highly recommend this place!

Cute house in a fun neighborhood. Staff was very friendly and helpful too. Recommended.

• 3rd Jun 2015

It’s a very clean and cozy hostel. They have pancakes every morning and we had a free crawfish dinner at the hostel! They turn the hot tub on in the evening, and it’s very nice having dinner or just hanging out outside with the rest of the backpackers if they are around. Regarding the location, it takes about 20 mins to get to the French Quarter, but you have a bus very close from the hostel to get there, and there’s another bus that stops in front of the hostel when you come from that area. The

We really enjoyed our stay there ans we would have loved to stay another night! If we will be back in NOLA we will be back at the atlas house for sure!!!

• 27th May 2015