Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

I loved the courtyard between the two houses. It was a great place to chill in the evenings and had a hot tub and bbq for gatherings. Clean, quiet, and friendly staff.

• 21st Mar 2015

Staff were friendly and welcoming. Lock codes on front door and room door. If you're traveling alone, like I was.. I'd totally recommend it. I met really nice people, and the house is on a fun street.. Only a bit of a walk to French quarter. I had never stayed in a hostel before. So glad I did. I will be returning for sure. :)

• 21st Mar 2015

Descent location, staff was very helpful with finding places and getting around using rail etc.

• 21st Mar 2015

Amazing place, amazing people! I will never forget this place and Joe, Freddy and another girl whose name I don't know for their generosity and awesomeness. I spent two nights and I would love to come back.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff was friendly and everyone in the room was respectful, for the most part. Even when people came home drunk at 4 am (it was NOLA on a weekend, what do you expect?) it wasn't particularly loud or disruptive. The staff was also super accommodating and helpful. Overall, great hostel experience and I definitely recommend it.

• 18th Mar 2015

Excellent setup with clean rooms. Staff was always recommending free things in town as well as setting up activities like BBQs, pub crawls, movie nights, ect. Young staff who seem to know what travelers wants....free guitars and hammocks says it all.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Best hostel in the states! Clean, big rooms, awesome courtyard, hottub, hammocks, good wifi. What more could you want? Really easy to meet other people and the staff made an awesome dinner one night.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Absolutely loved it! In a great area, close to all the bars on st Charles and within walking distance of the French Quater. The atmosphere and the staff were both awesome! I met some great people. Would definitely recommend staying there if you're travelling alone.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Had a very good time and everyone who worked there was great

• 1st Mar 2015

Nice hostel! A little pricey, but that was expected during Mardi Gras. The single shared bathroom was my only problem. I'd recommend taking your shower early or before bed. Staff was great! Thanks for the free pancakes!

Stayed here during Mardi Gras with a friend and had an amazing time! Great atmosphere, amazing staff and a great crowd. Atlas house really knows how to show you a good time! Hostel was also very clean and a manageable walk to the french quarter. Will definitely be staying here again!

• 14th Feb 2015

Jo, Freddy, and Jess were outstanding hosts. Cheers to Freddy for getting me out of a bind when we had to cut a lock. Jo was very understanding with me being struck with the new Orleans flu. Also the place has a hot tub. How many hostels can say that?

• 13th Feb 2015

Best Hostel, ever! Very clean, nice guests, fantastic pancakes.

• 10th Feb 2015

There were 4 of us girl friends that stayed in a private room with our own bathroom. Well worth it!

A decent hostel with friendly staff. Location is OK, but still a bit of a walk (30 mins) to get to the French quarter. Beds and mattress average. I think it's good for USA, but not quite compared to some top one overseas.

This was my first expirence with a hostel and thanks to Atlas House I will be using hostels a lot more often when traveling. I traveled alone and always felt that me and my things were safe. The staff was welcoming and very helpful. The 20 minute walk to Canal was very easy through the city but a big plus to me was the proximity to the buses which was a 5 minute walk with a 5 minute ride.

We had an amazing time staying here. Great central location that is not stuck in the french quarter but easily accessible to it. The rooms were comfortable and the house is decorated really cool. We met so many great people and hung out in the courtyard at nights but the rooms also stay really quiet so we slept well. Thanks to the staff for all the awesome music recommendations. They helped make our trip feel really authentic!

• 4th Feb 2015

Lovely hostel! very comfortable, within walking distance to garden district and french quarter. had great facilities, specially enjoyed the porch and the hot tub. The staff was friendly, fun and helpful even if they didn't need to, thanks a mill Joe and Freddy!

great hostel ... its less then a 5 minute walk to street car that drops you straight to bourbon street. Clean with great common areas and great atmosphere. By the second day you know half the hostel, the staff were very helpful especially Joe who even came out partying with us. I have been hosteling for 10 years and this had to be the only one with an outdoor hot tub i have ever come across. Excellent place matching the excellent city

Great location. Charlie, Moe, or Drew, whatever you want to call Joe, he's a great guy that most likely will not leave you behind at a bar. I highly recommend.

• 22nd Jan 2015