Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Atlas House was a great place to stay while in New Orleans! We had a private room and shared a bathroom with two other rooms. It was clean and close to the streetcar that took us straight to Bourbon St and the French Quarter. Highly recommended if you love the atmosphere of a hostel or if you can't afford the bigger hotel names.

• 8th Sep 2014

Guys at Alas house were really nice, Staff where really cool and made you feel like part of a big family. The place was quite at night and beds offered a great night sleep and most importantly it was clean. Thanks for a great stay guys x

• 1st Sep 2014

Great value and service for price. People working there are very friendly and helpful (calling taxi or printing boarding pass). Location is great as well (20 min walk from the French quarter and 5 min from Charles St. Where you can find many restaurants and bars). Rooms and bathrooms are very clean.

stayed in the private room with king bed was really good for the money.

I've stayed at lots of hostels all around the world, and this was one of the best I've stayed in. Thee location is an easy 10-15 minute walk away from both the French Quarter and the Garden District. There is great atmosphere to be found whether you want to chill out or party. It is extremely clean. However, the best thing is the people who run the hostel. Jessie/Freddie give great recommendations on where to party, places to eat, tours to take, or just will just sit and chat. Awesome place!

Everything about Atlas House was awesome.! Clean and Friendly environment. Helpful staff and with a black board with daily activities you're never lost for something to do. I'd totally stay here again and highly recommend it to all fellow travellers. Value for money and great location.!!!

This hostel was brilliant. I had an amazing stay and all the staff and other hostel users I met were so nice and friendly it really made my stay

Excellent hostel, loved the environment , facilities, activities and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly just as if we were staying with mates. Freddy you're a legend!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very friendly, and the back patio was a great meeting spot!

We really enjoyed our stay at the atlas house. The location was awesome, it's easy to go everywhere and there a quite a few shops nearby. The staff is more than friendly and we also liked the atmosphere a lot. We'll recommend the hostel for other friends who'd like to visit Neworleans in the future. Thanks for everything and all the best!

• 10th Aug 2014

This is by far the best hostel Ive been to in the states. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay wonderful, even doing laundry and hanging it on your door or by showing you around town. The location was perfect - surrounded by the mansions of the Garden District and only a 15 minute walk to the more touristy French Quarter. Everything was clean and the private room was very spacious. I wish I could have stayed longer at the Atlas.

• 8th Aug 2014

The staff were great, Jessie checked me in and Freddie and I had some really good conversations! It's a great property to socialise with people or to go off on your own which I really enjoyed. It's close to buses to and from canal street (near the French quarter) and is in the Garden District so you can walk down Magazine street and see all the big, old houses and Lafayette cemetery. All in all, one of the best places I've sprayed in my 3 years of travelling!

Cosy environment, nice people and a hot tub in the backyard (I was there in summer, didn't fancy the hot water on a hot night :)), what more does one need?

A computer and blinds at windows in all the rooms will be perfect. Exempt those details, everything was very good for the price ! Thank you so much Fredy !

I stayed in a lot of hostels and this definitely was the best! The staff is awesome, they have a lot of things organized like pub crawls, dinner together, movie night,... and they are very helpful and friendly. It's a small hostel where you get a little feeling of being at home. And it's very clean. If i come back to New Orleans i know where i'm gonna stay. :-)

My sister, friend and I stayed 4 nights in the private room for 3 and were very happy! The room and hostel were very clean, the beds had real mattresses and the hostel had an adorable courtyard and covered porch area. The staff were friendly and accommodated our late check-in. Location is good, not great -- French Quarter and the more lively parts of Magazine Street are walkable in 30 min, but not super close. We had bad weather so ended up taking cabs, which was fine. Great value, nice stay!

• 17th Jul 2014

Probably the best hostel I have stayed at so far. Very nice facilities, great atmosphere, amazing staff!!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Jessy, Injid, and Fred are the best. My 1st time at a hostel and I need not look any further when in New Orleans. Can't wait to come back.

• 10th Jul 2014

Right on Magazine St. which is a quaint, cute little street in walking distance to French Quarter. Safe to park on the street, rooms were nice and clean. Staff was very friendly as well!

Fantastic Hostel. The atmosphere was perfect with a very chill courtyard area and balconies where everyone hung out after the bars. The staff offered great advice on the best music gigs in town and joined in a on a few themselves. It was in a beautiful & safe part of town where the locals hang. French Quarter was about a 15 minute walk to the left. I prefer to walk everywhere, but the bus also picked up on their block. Very Clean. 5 Stars!

« first « Prev 1 2 3