Atlas House

Superb 408 Total Reviews
Superb 408 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 41+
3rd Feb 2017

My time at Atlas House was enjoyable. The guests and staff were bright and fun and kind and we had a good time getting acquainted. The location couldn't have been better. Just an FYI the 'twin beds' in one of the private rooms was bunk beds.

• USA, Female, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017
6.3

The hostel had all the basics, but wasn't very nice. I stayed in the back house which had a non-working kitchen and really dirty bathroom. Some of the beds weren't even in a bedroom and were just out in a main room that everyone had to walk through. I didn't feel completely safe because the bedroom that I was in had an open window on the ground floor. The staff was nice and helpful and made a nice pancake breakfast.

Thanks so much for staying with us and really sorry we did not meet your expectations! All of our rooms have windows in them and close and lock from the inside. When the weather is nice, guests usually like to open the window but you are more than welcome to close and lock these at anytime. The kitchen in the dorm room is just used for any guest groceries that you would like to store in the fridge near your bed but all cooking is done in the main kitchen so that the dorm guests are not disturbed. I will immediately address the staff on cleaning the bathroom better - really sorry for that. If you are ever in New Orleans again, pleases contact me and I will definitely offer you a special rate to make up for your bad experience. Thanks again for everything : )

1st Feb 2017

It was my first hostel in the states. It was really great!! :)

Thanks so much for your review! We really enjoyed meeting you and hope to have you in Nola again.

26th Jan 2017

I had a great stay with Atlas House. The staff was the best and always there to answer some questions to get around NOLA. The other biggest plus was the distance to the St. Charles trolley, short walk and ride right to the French Quarter and Tulane when I needed to visit there. The Garden District is also well worth the exploration. It doesn't look it right off the bat but being on Magazine street is a beautiful walk with shops and check out District Donuts. I would definitely stay again.

20th Jan 2017

Atlas House is a very nice hostel in the Garden District in NOLA. It's just far enough away from the hectic tourist centers of the city to be it's own experience, with plenty to see, eat, and drink nearby. While the house can creak and seem old at night, as long as you don't mind being occasionally woken up by passerbys and late night revelers returning form the bars, it's great. Free breakfast in the morning is also a nice addition.

20th Jan 2017

Great location, great staff, had a wonderful stay. Highly recommend.

19th Jan 2017

Both the manager Jessica and the front desk staff were amazing. They were extremely accommodating and timely answering all of my questions. They run a great house!

16th Jan 2017

Terrific hostel. The staff were so friendly and easy to talk to, AND made pancakes for breakfast! The group space was perfect for meeting other travelers and the people during my stay were great. They also had fun group activities. Close to the streetcar and bars/restaurants, and great atmosphere overall. Very clean, laid back and easy to enjoy.

14th Jan 2017

My friend and I booked Atlas House for the weekend and stayed in a private room. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, starting with the very convenient free street parking. The staff was extremely friendly and the hostel was about three blocks from the trolley to the French Quarter. Situated right in the Garden District, this hostel was close enough to the French Quarter to enjoy it and far enough away that it wasn't loud. I will definitely book this hostel next time I'm in NOLA.

• South Korea, Male, 41+
11th Jan 2017

My general rate for the Atlas is excellent. Especially the staffs including Hilary are very kind and informative. I enjoyed staying there and I strongly recommend this place when you visit New Orleans. One thing is the location is a little far away to the Downtown, French Quarter. It took me about 15~20 min on foot from Atlas to Downtown safely around midnight.