Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Nice hostel! A little pricey, but that was expected during Mardi Gras. The single shared bathroom was my only problem. I'd recommend taking your shower early or before bed. Staff was great! Thanks for the free pancakes!

Stayed here during Mardi Gras with a friend and had an amazing time! Great atmosphere, amazing staff and a great crowd. Atlas house really knows how to show you a good time! Hostel was also very clean and a manageable walk to the french quarter. Will definitely be staying here again!

• 14th Feb 2015

Jo, Freddy, and Jess were outstanding hosts. Cheers to Freddy for getting me out of a bind when we had to cut a lock. Jo was very understanding with me being struck with the new Orleans flu. Also the place has a hot tub. How many hostels can say that?

• 13th Feb 2015

Best Hostel, ever! Very clean, nice guests, fantastic pancakes.

• 10th Feb 2015

There were 4 of us girl friends that stayed in a private room with our own bathroom. Well worth it!

A decent hostel with friendly staff. Location is OK, but still a bit of a walk (30 mins) to get to the French quarter. Beds and mattress average. I think it's good for USA, but not quite compared to some top one overseas.

This was my first expirence with a hostel and thanks to Atlas House I will be using hostels a lot more often when traveling. I traveled alone and always felt that me and my things were safe. The staff was welcoming and very helpful. The 20 minute walk to Canal was very easy through the city but a big plus to me was the proximity to the buses which was a 5 minute walk with a 5 minute ride.

We had an amazing time staying here. Great central location that is not stuck in the french quarter but easily accessible to it. The rooms were comfortable and the house is decorated really cool. We met so many great people and hung out in the courtyard at nights but the rooms also stay really quiet so we slept well. Thanks to the staff for all the awesome music recommendations. They helped make our trip feel really authentic!

• 4th Feb 2015

Lovely hostel! very comfortable, within walking distance to garden district and french quarter. had great facilities, specially enjoyed the porch and the hot tub. The staff was friendly, fun and helpful even if they didn't need to, thanks a mill Joe and Freddy!

great hostel ... its less then a 5 minute walk to street car that drops you straight to bourbon street. Clean with great common areas and great atmosphere. By the second day you know half the hostel, the staff were very helpful especially Joe who even came out partying with us. I have been hosteling for 10 years and this had to be the only one with an outdoor hot tub i have ever come across. Excellent place matching the excellent city

Great location. Charlie, Moe, or Drew, whatever you want to call Joe, he's a great guy that most likely will not leave you behind at a bar. I highly recommend.

• 22nd Jan 2015

I met so many great people while staying here. Everything was very clean, comfortable beds, and really cool neighborhood close to everything.

• 21st Jan 2015

Best.Hostel.Ever! Great location not stuck in the noisy quarter but walking distance to it. I really like the bars and architect in the neighborhood and public transport was right on the block. Wifi was very good and everything was clean always. the owners are young and really great people. I had so much fun on the staffs pub crawl it turned into my best night in New Orleans.

• 20th Jan 2015

the room was clean and big enough for two persons. The location is good and we can walk to French Quarter within 30minutes.

• 16th Jan 2015
  • China

Jessie knew her stuff! Which neighborhoods to go to and where to explore. Hannah recommends good places to eat.

• 13th Jan 2015

Lovely hostel, and well connected to public transport. A full day-pass for buses and streetcars is only $3, and there are direct connections to the french quarter, the cemetaries, the sculpture garden, the audubon park, etc. It is also an easy walk to the french quarter, or to the garden district.

Amazing stay at Atlas House! A really cool old house that's been turned into a hostel. Free pancake breakfast included everyday. They do hostel activities, we did a pub crawl around the local area which was great. Its very clean, staff are super friendly and can book activities for you. Around a 20 minute walk to the FQ or 3 blocks from cable car that goes there. The only thing I would say is that the common area isn't the best for meeting people, we made lots of friends anyways though! THANKS!

• 7th Jan 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful. For instance, we turned up late in the evening after the reception had closed. Was contacted by the staff before they left and was given clear instructions on how to get inside and where our room was. Free breakfast every day was a nice touch. Only complaints are: -The description says "Walk to bourbon street!". What it doesn't mention that it's a 30-35 min walk. -The single bathroom for the whole mixed dorm rooms.

Location was top notch - easy to walk to the French Quarter and the Garden District, but not stuck in the French Quarter. Cleanest hostel Ive ever stayed in and staff went way beyond by taking us out for pub crawls and giving free King Cake to celebrate Mardi Gras season. Highest Regards to Atlas House.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

I had an amazing stay at Atlas House. The staff were so amazingly friendly. The hostel is in a beautiful area (Garden District) and the room was clean and comfortable. Great facilities with fast wifi and washing machine and dryerso. I would definitely stay here again, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3