Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Great team at a good hostel with a family atmosphere.

This is quite possibly the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was also the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Freddy and the girls are excellent!!!! Nothing is too much trouble and Freddy your pancakes are the best! Beats IHOP! Every traveller needs to stay here and listen to their advice as its their city and they have the best advice! 💛

Overall, this was a wonderful hostel experience. The staff was very knowledgeable, gave great recommendations, and made the atmosphere welcoming. The facilities were very clean and nice, the only downside is the limited bathroom space (but it really wasn't too much of an inconvenience).

Such lovely staff and the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 11th Jul 2015

Cool place to stay,nice area.very helpful staff:)

• 7th Jul 2015

Perfect location, great helpful staff, and a chill atmosphere. Probably your best bet for a short jaunt in New Orleans.

Super staff, super clean, considerate guests. Great hostel, would highly recommend

• 11th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

No cups or glasses in the kitchen

Thank you so much for staying with The Atlas House. We have 3 cabinets completely full of cups, glasses, coffee mugs, wine glasses and more. Our staff would be happy to point these out to you next time if you were unable to find the right cabinet. Hope to have you back in New Orleans!

As far as staf goes, Caitlyn, Izzy and Freddie were 3 of the nicest people you could ask for. The house is approximately a 20 minute walk from Bourbon St, in a trendy little neighbourhood full of shops and great food/drink spots. The atmosphere is very inviting and tremendously fun. It has everything you need in a hostel.

awesome stay at Atlas. It's a little bit of a walk (20-30 mins) to the touristy stuff (French quarter, canal street etc) but the staff is really amazing, very helpful and even gave us free beer and made us pancakes! Atmosphere is very relaxed and chill, by no means a wild party hostel, but the layout is perfect for merit fellow travelers. I travelled alone and from day one I made some amazing friends who I keep in touch with! Special thanks to the guy that works there in am. I'm sorry! You rock

I loved staying here! When I arrived on saturday morning around 8am Freddie told me to just hang out and crash on the couch and he got me into my room before 3pm. The had game night at the hostel with free beer. It was super easy to meet other people that we were hanging out with every day&night and the staff was helpful with every question. Even Caitlin who just started was helpful with tips to get groceries or the bus schedule. It was a really good experience and I highly recommend this place!

Cute house in a fun neighborhood. Staff was very friendly and helpful too. Recommended.

• 3rd Jun 2015

It’s a very clean and cozy hostel. They have pancakes every morning and we had a free crawfish dinner at the hostel! They turn the hot tub on in the evening, and it’s very nice having dinner or just hanging out outside with the rest of the backpackers if they are around. Regarding the location, it takes about 20 mins to get to the French Quarter, but you have a bus very close from the hostel to get there, and there’s another bus that stops in front of the hostel when you come from that area. The

We really enjoyed our stay there ans we would have loved to stay another night! If we will be back in NOLA we will be back at the atlas house for sure!!!

• 27th May 2015

First time in a hostel and had an amazing experience. The staff organized free dinners and pub crawls for the guests. I met so many great people here. It was big enough to meet people and go out together, but small enough to be really clean and feel like home. Great value.

• 26th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Atlas House was awesome. The location is amazing and in a beautiful house on great street. I am so glad I didn't stay directly in the french quarter, but close enough to walk to it. Rooms were big and everything was very clean. Staff were always cleaning or helping out.

• 26th May 2015

Had a great stay! The hostel is located between downtown and garden district and is in walking distance to lots of happening places. The staff are great - Freddie, Izzy and Joe have made my travels incredibly enjoyable :) - Feifei

Great vibes, wonderful staff ready to help and offer suggestions and accommodate you for the best stay possible. Will definitely be coming back here next time I'm in New Orleans! Thank you!

• 20th May 2015

Really enjoyed my stay here - great location, vibe, super friendly and helpful staff. Only regret was that I could not stay longer! A+++

• 20th May 2015

Im so happy that I stayed in Atlas house, a nice, very clean hostel with a comfy atmosphere!! Extra gratitude to Izzy and Freddie who are such nice, cool and helpful people, making me feel really welcomed. They were always up for doing something and I saw sides of NOLA that I probably wouldn't had if it weren't for them. Thankyou!! Things that would have made it even better; a more extensive breakfast, computer to use and lockers in the dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3