Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

Amazing place to stay. Really friendly and helpful and clean.

• 7th May 2015

So I stayed at Atlas This weekend after finishing a tour that ended in New Orleans! I booked it quite in advance as I new it was going to be busy for jazz fest! In light this I was charged 100 dollars for a dorm room, which I though was expensive!! I was annoyed because I arrived a day late and was still charge because it was jazz fest. Then a guy who checked in with no booking got an exceedingly low rate! I thought this was very unfair as if expect the latter. Felt scammed.

Hi , Thanks for staying with us and I am really sorry that you felt this way. We never mean to make any of our guests upset. Jazzfest lasts through the weekend (Thursday - Sunday) and does hold a higher rate than most times of the year. Since you did not arrive until the second day and we held the bed for you the night before, you were charged the full amount. The guest who checked in the next day, checked in on a Monday where rates were much lower since Jazzfest was over.

Atlas was a good place to stay. It was close to the bus and a few minutes walk to the streetcar. The staff was very nice and mist helpful. I found the rooms small and crowded, somewhat noisy when others came in late at night. The floors were not the cleanest, but the beds were comfy!

Location is very good! The staff is very friendly and makes you feel at home! You can walk to the city center in just 25 minutes. I met Some Nice people over there! Now there is just 1 bathroom with toilet in The dorm. So you might have to wait a while. The beds didn't have lights by your head. So if you get in late. Wat happens a lot in New Orleans you won't be able to put on a small light. No lockers in The room but I had Nice roommates so kept my stuff under my bed.

• 30th Apr 2015

Hi, Thanks for your review and we were very happy to have you. All of our dorm rooms have lockers (right next to the closet) and I apologize if you did not see them during your stay. We also have extra lockers by the front desk just in case.

This is a great hostel. It is clean and the staff are fun and informative. It's in a good location, in which you can walk to both the Garden District and the French Quarter. Highly recommend.

Thanks so much for your recommendation!

Awesome place to stay for jazz fest!! Nice people, great suggestions on the local fair, and clean! Love the city with all of its charm and atlas house just adds to the magic

• 23rd Apr 2015

Thanks so much . Y'all were great guests and we hope to have you back again for another Jazzfest!

Lovely place to stay

• 23rd Apr 2015

Very clean hostel in an amazing neighborhood. Always felt same and staff were very friendly. House activities like swamp tour and free dinner night really set the place apart. Highly recommend for those visiting New Orleans.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Very happy I found this place. I met so many great people during my stay as well as the staff. Free dinner and movie night on the giant projector outside were so much fun. I really feel like this place goes above and beyond most hostels with cleanliness and music/food suggestions. Also on a beautiful, safe street in the Garden District (Def my favorite area in the city). Top notch city. Top notch hostel.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for your kind words. Hope yo have you back in New Orleans again!

I stayed at the Atlas house for 3 nights, and had a really fun time. The house was convenient for most things and only 20 min away on the streetcar to the main night life. Hostel was clean and the guests were friendly. Staff were helpful particularly Joe who went out of his way to make my stay truly unique.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Great place to stay. Was busy in morning trying to share one bathroom with two dorm rooms but we got there. Mostly the staff were very friendly. The guy that checked us in was very vague in his info and instructions and I felt I needed to prompt a lot for basic info. Other staff great.

I loved the courtyard between the two houses. It was a great place to chill in the evenings and had a hot tub and bbq for gatherings. Clean, quiet, and friendly staff.

• 21st Mar 2015

Staff were friendly and welcoming. Lock codes on front door and room door. If you're traveling alone, like I was.. I'd totally recommend it. I met really nice people, and the house is on a fun street.. Only a bit of a walk to French quarter. I had never stayed in a hostel before. So glad I did. I will be returning for sure. :)

• 21st Mar 2015

Descent location, staff was very helpful with finding places and getting around using rail etc.

• 21st Mar 2015

Amazing place, amazing people! I will never forget this place and Joe, Freddy and another girl whose name I don't know for their generosity and awesomeness. I spent two nights and I would love to come back.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff was friendly and everyone in the room was respectful, for the most part. Even when people came home drunk at 4 am (it was NOLA on a weekend, what do you expect?) it wasn't particularly loud or disruptive. The staff was also super accommodating and helpful. Overall, great hostel experience and I definitely recommend it.

• 18th Mar 2015

Excellent setup with clean rooms. Staff was always recommending free things in town as well as setting up activities like BBQs, pub crawls, movie nights, ect. Young staff who seem to know what travelers wants....free guitars and hammocks says it all.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

Best hostel in the states! Clean, big rooms, awesome courtyard, hottub, hammocks, good wifi. What more could you want? Really easy to meet other people and the staff made an awesome dinner one night.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Absolutely loved it! In a great area, close to all the bars on st Charles and within walking distance of the French Quater. The atmosphere and the staff were both awesome! I met some great people. Would definitely recommend staying there if you're travelling alone.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Had a very good time and everyone who worked there was great

• 1st Mar 2015