Atlas House Reviews

1354 Magazine Street, Greyhound Amtrack Station, New Orleans, USA

I loved it here. If you want to say at a place where you feel instantly welcome, then come stay at Atlas House. Zack and Freddy were awesome. I highly recommend taking their advice about where to go out. Easy to walk to everywhere from here and the street car in just around the corner. When you come to NOLA, stay here. You won't regret it

Homely . Staff were extremely friendly and helpful :) would stay here again

We had a great stay. Staff exceptionally helpful. Pancake breaky yummy but unfortunately we missed the dinner they put on for the guests.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It is a very nice place with wonderful people!! The breakfast could be better, with a major food variety

We had a great stay at atlas house. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff were amazing and we met some really fun people. The location is good, a short trolley ride to the French quarter. Would definitely recommend

Overall the hostel was great, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with anything we needed, the breakfast was good (and cooked for you!), beds were comfortable and it was clean. My only negatives were there is only one shower upstairs between two rooms which meant we had to wait a few times and the location is a bit far away from downtown. Overall I had a great time in this hostel and would definitely stay again

Atlas House was a great place to stay while in New Orleans! We had a private room and shared a bathroom with two other rooms. It was clean and close to the streetcar that took us straight to Bourbon St and the French Quarter. Highly recommended if you love the atmosphere of a hostel or if you can't afford the bigger hotel names.

• 8th Sep 2014

Guys at Alas house were really nice, Staff where really cool and made you feel like part of a big family. The place was quite at night and beds offered a great night sleep and most importantly it was clean. Thanks for a great stay guys x

• 1st Sep 2014

Great value and service for price. People working there are very friendly and helpful (calling taxi or printing boarding pass). Location is great as well (20 min walk from the French quarter and 5 min from Charles St. Where you can find many restaurants and bars). Rooms and bathrooms are very clean.

stayed in the private room with king bed was really good for the money.

I've stayed at lots of hostels all around the world, and this was one of the best I've stayed in. Thee location is an easy 10-15 minute walk away from both the French Quarter and the Garden District. There is great atmosphere to be found whether you want to chill out or party. It is extremely clean. However, the best thing is the people who run the hostel. Jessie/Freddie give great recommendations on where to party, places to eat, tours to take, or just will just sit and chat. Awesome place!

This was one of the best hostels / backpackers that I have stayed in worldwide.. Not only because the staff are amazing and super friendly, but the atmosphere they have created is really wonderful. It was a good mix between private and social with the free pancakes for breakfast being a nice way to bring fellow travelers together in the morning. Group tours were also available at a discount if enough people went, and the hot tub was a great addition which I didn't expect. Highly recommended.

Everything about Atlas House was awesome.! Clean and Friendly environment. Helpful staff and with a black board with daily activities you're never lost for something to do. I'd totally stay here again and highly recommend it to all fellow travellers. Value for money and great location.!!!

This hostel was brilliant. I had an amazing stay and all the staff and other hostel users I met were so nice and friendly it really made my stay

Excellent hostel, loved the environment , facilities, activities and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly just as if we were staying with mates. Freddy you're a legend!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very friendly, and the back patio was a great meeting spot!

We really enjoyed our stay at the atlas house. The location was awesome, it's easy to go everywhere and there a quite a few shops nearby. The staff is more than friendly and we also liked the atmosphere a lot. We'll recommend the hostel for other friends who'd like to visit Neworleans in the future. Thanks for everything and all the best!

• 10th Aug 2014

Best hostel I have stayed in to date. The staff that we had the pleasure of meeting were lovely and went above and beyond to make our trip the best it could be. The Rooms were really nicely set up and the atmosphere created made the trip super relaxed and fun.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

This is by far the best hostel Ive been to in the states. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay wonderful, even doing laundry and hanging it on your door or by showing you around town. The location was perfect - surrounded by the mansions of the Garden District and only a 15 minute walk to the more touristy French Quarter. Everything was clean and the private room was very spacious. I wish I could have stayed longer at the Atlas.

• 8th Aug 2014

The staff were great, Jessie checked me in and Freddie and I had some really good conversations! It's a great property to socialise with people or to go off on your own which I really enjoyed. It's close to buses to and from canal street (near the French quarter) and is in the Garden District so you can walk down Magazine street and see all the big, old houses and Lafayette cemetery. All in all, one of the best places I've sprayed in my 3 years of travelling!

« first « Prev 1 2 3