Auberge Ayoub Reviews

132 Avenue Ba Ahmad, Bab Ghmate, Marrakech, medina, Marrakech, Morocco

We booked a room for one night in Marrakesh a couple of days in advance. When we arrived, we discovered that the hotel was closed down. Apparently, they were renovating the house or something. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT THIS HOTEL. I don´t know when they will open up again. April 2013

• 25th Mar 2014

Nice Hostal but no electricity for days. I was told until then already for one month. The guy in charge can be sometimes a bit rough but he was ill at this time. The prize is unbeatable-

I showed up and there was no power, no running water, and an extremely rude woman who was presumably the proprietor. She promptly ignored me while I stood waiting to check in after which she informed me that they had no record of my reservation. The place was surrounded by auto repair shops and other industrial shops rendering it extremely sketchy at night (when I arrived). In sum, literally none of the advertised features, nor any of the basics for hostel-style accommodation were met.

• 28th Nov 2013

tiny tiny rooms with 2 or more bunk beds,no privacy at all. Our bathroom was theoretically ok but very smelly, room downstairs in the courtyard at night freezing cold (November). The woman who prepares the simple but sufficient breakfast is very kind. Roof terrace could be more comfy and they could wash the cushions more often. We did have BEDBUGS (and other travellers as well, so be prepared). I guess you get what you pay for although cleanliness should not be un-cared for, no matter how cheap.