Auberge Bagatelle Reviews

25 allées Antoine Pinay, Ile de la Barthelasse, Avignon, France

Would not recommend this hostel unless you are really strapped for cash and/or will only be here for 1 night TOPS. I found staff slightly rude. Wifi was not working so I inquired about paying for wifi and was told "...if you pay, it may or may not work, but it should be ok." Security I rate low because the balcony which leads to your exterior door leads to other dorms, there is no lock on your exterior door so people can just randomly walk in.

Bit far from the train station if you're simply looking for an overnight stop whilst travelling. We had to leave before reception opened so the reception lady said my I.D (deposit) would be available at the gate. There was some confusion and unnecessary stress getting it back, but other than that, the stay was quite pleasant

Bonjour, always inform the reception, for any check out before reception opening (7:30 am), in order to organize the departure with the security man. if client or receptionist forget, little stress and around 5-10 minutes reactive time for the security man to call the night emergency contact, and to the person in charge to come and give back deposits (money or documents) kept in security.

Cheap, basic and convenient . Somewhere to sit, apart from the restaurant or floor would have a bonus

This was an interesting stay, but one I thoroughly enjoyed. The hostel is located on an island of sorts across the river from Avignon (a short walk to the city centre) with multiple restaurants, a travel agent office, salsa dancing lessons, and a piglet circus. For those looking for a quiet, quaint place to stay- this is not the place for you. But if you are looking to meet people, be entertained, and feel safe as a female traveler- I would recommend this hostel.

The best part is the location... it's a quick walk to Avignon center as it's just over the bridge. The other thing is that there's only 2 or 3 hostels in Avignon and this one was the best value for money by far. The worst part, well, a few: it's in a campsite, so it's campsite-y. Facilities are just OK. The staff is basically nonexistent, felt like reception was open 2h/day in the AM, barely spoke English. The free wifi in the lobby doesn't work. Fire alarm went off for hours at night w/ no fix.

Everything was really wonderful except for the fact that there was no air conditioning and I had to sleep on the floor because it was so hot. Also no wifi which was a disappointment ! But overall experience was sweet! Loved the location and the view of Avignon !

Very poor internet and very strange price.

Bonjour, strange price ? no : 15.60 € for the bed. However the additiona ,l city tax implemented by the city is 039 €

It's clean and close to the city center. It does not offer common area that you could stay and chat with other backpackers, no free WIFI neither(6 euros for 24 hr.) And it's a bit far from the train station, 20-25 mins by foot. But if you're just looking for a clean, simple and cheap bed in Avignon for night, this is a good option.:)

This is probably one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at... good location but facility is so limited: no kitchen, no fridge to keep food, no fan (and it was very hot in July), internet is extremely slow and most of all, the staff doesn't really know what they are doing, very unhelpful... The front desk girl forgot to give me a security hand band so I I can come back to the hostel after 10pm. How am I supposed to know their policies?

Security band given for security agents to recognize clients, during festival time (from July 5th). On your arrival July 1st, we did not receive them yet, and started to deliver on july 3rd, only. Not cause the staff forgot or does not know what they are doing! We cannot provide fridges for 160 persons in the hostel / hotel No air conditionning, cheap hostel. you paid a bed 15.60 euros in a dormitory with shower. Don't find this price anywhere in Avignon during the festival

The staff at the bar/reception Audrey is a very nice and patient girl. She helped me book the taxi and let me use the phone for some emergency calls--always smiling and friendly. Thank you Audrey! The place is just at the entrance of the old town with the very beautiful view of Pont d'Avignon and the river. The room was always cleaned when we were back. The only problem was the connection of WiFi---very poor signal so if you are looking for a non-disturbing holiday here it is!

• 25th Jun 2015
  • China

The restaurant is awesome!! The food is so delicious and the staffs are kind. And most of all, there're several lovely cats to be companies.

Pros: Value for money is good, staff speak English mostly. A general store is available that sells most things, although odd opening hours. the one huge selling point is the location, you walk out of the campground and it's just this gorgeous view of the Palais des Papes. There is as well a nice promenade on the dike. Cons: no kitchen, no real social area,

Thank you, glad you appreciated your stay in Bagatelle. Shop opening hours from 8:00 to 12:00 morning for morning purchase (bread.... and people before departure or excursions ) and 17:00 to 20:00 evening (for people who arriving later in the camping and hostel) 7 days including sunday. It covers main expectations of the clients. During the festival in july, this time table is a bit extended Cordially

It was okay here, bed was okay but no air con so it got a little stuffy. Wifi was horrendous, showers were a little grimy. No kitchen. No atmosphere since it's like a camping ground next door, plus not many people around. Not too far a walk from the city

Such a beautiful, peaceful place!

Receptions were very nice. The room was upgated to a private one which is new, clean and comfortable. It's not at the city center, but not so far from it.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • China

I was well received by the staff and the accommodation was comfortable. The facilities were also to my satisfaction. I heartily recommend it for a short stay.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Macedonia

A mistake was made: they thought I was leaving but I had already paid for another night. Cleaning staff PACKED UP MY STUFF FOR ME (wadded all my clean laundry in my bag along with everything else I had out) AND LEFT IT IN AN UNLOCKED ROOM ALL DAY. I would have locked my bag if I had known the room was going to be open. At least they didn't throw it all away, I guess... Beautiful island location, though. Nice and quiet.

1 2 Next » last »