Auberge Bagatelle Reviews

25 allées Antoine Pinay, Ile de la Barthelasse, Avignon, France

This is probably one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at... good location but facility is so limited: no kitchen, no fridge to keep food, no fan (and it was very hot in July), internet is extremely slow and most of all, the staff doesn't really know what they are doing, very unhelpful... The front desk girl forgot to give me a security hand band so I I can come back to the hostel after 10pm. How am I supposed to know their policies?

Security band given for security agents to recognize clients, during festival time (from July 5th). On your arrival July 1st, we did not receive them yet, and started to deliver on july 3rd, only. Not cause the staff forgot or does not know what they are doing! We cannot provide fridges for 160 persons in the hostel / hotel No air conditionning, cheap hostel. you paid a bed 15.60 euros in a dormitory with shower. Don't find this price anywhere in Avignon during the festival

The staff at the bar/reception Audrey is a very nice and patient girl. She helped me book the taxi and let me use the phone for some emergency calls--always smiling and friendly. Thank you Audrey! The place is just at the entrance of the old town with the very beautiful view of Pont d'Avignon and the river. The room was always cleaned when we were back. The only problem was the connection of WiFi---very poor signal so if you are looking for a non-disturbing holiday here it is!

• 25th Jun 2015
  • China

The restaurant is awesome!! The food is so delicious and the staffs are kind. And most of all, there're several lovely cats to be companies.

Pros: Value for money is good, staff speak English mostly. A general store is available that sells most things, although odd opening hours. the one huge selling point is the location, you walk out of the campground and it's just this gorgeous view of the Palais des Papes. There is as well a nice promenade on the dike. Cons: no kitchen, no real social area,

Thank you, glad you appreciated your stay in Bagatelle. Shop opening hours from 8:00 to 12:00 morning for morning purchase (bread.... and people before departure or excursions ) and 17:00 to 20:00 evening (for people who arriving later in the camping and hostel) 7 days including sunday. It covers main expectations of the clients. During the festival in july, this time table is a bit extended Cordially

It was okay here, bed was okay but no air con so it got a little stuffy. Wifi was horrendous, showers were a little grimy. No kitchen. No atmosphere since it's like a camping ground next door, plus not many people around. Not too far a walk from the city

Such a beautiful, peaceful place!

Receptions were very nice. The room was upgated to a private one which is new, clean and comfortable. It's not at the city center, but not so far from it.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • China

I was well received by the staff and the accommodation was comfortable. The facilities were also to my satisfaction. I heartily recommend it for a short stay.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Macedonia

A mistake was made: they thought I was leaving but I had already paid for another night. Cleaning staff PACKED UP MY STUFF FOR ME (wadded all my clean laundry in my bag along with everything else I had out) AND LEFT IT IN AN UNLOCKED ROOM ALL DAY. I would have locked my bag if I had known the room was going to be open. At least they didn't throw it all away, I guess... Beautiful island location, though. Nice and quiet.

1 2 Next » last »