Auberge Bishop Reviews

1445 rue Bishop, Montreal, Canada

Best hostel I've stayed in :)

No problems. Nice location for walking/biking/metro to get around town. Fair price for Montreal. Nice communal space and eating area to meet people. Showers could have been a little bit cleaner, kinda looked like my freshman year bathroom with a brown water line and a little sliminess. But overall, a good visit to Montreal and Auberge Bishop.

Staff were friendly and helpful; readily spoke English with non-francophones. 3rd floor stairwell needs ventilation in summer (very hot early in trip). 3rd floor kitchen could function better. Suggestions: 1) provide a drawer to organize & store flatware & utensils, 2) improve organization of plates, saucers, & glasses in cabinets; same for spices & condiments, 3) provide pens & labels to label food in fridge, 4) clean & discard fridge contents on regular schedule (say, every 7-10 days).

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

If you don't care about dust the place is fine. The breakfast is good and the staff kind, sometimes you don't know if the person is part of the staff or a client. If drink and smoke bothers you better choose another place. Very good place for young people traveling. There's always people drinking and smoking at the aubergue's entrance. Summarizing, the price is fair. Enjoy your trip.

• 27th Jun 2014

My friend and I stayed for a couple nights in a mixed dorm. The guy working at the front desk was very helpful and friendly and we had some great conversations with him and other travelers. The location was also great, about a block away from the Museum of Fine Arts and some restaurants and bars close by. The only thing I would have to complain about was the sad old man sleeping in our dorm all day. He wreaked of alcohol and we never saw him leave. Other than that we had a great stay!

• 17th Jun 2014

Excellent located hostel in downtown Montreal. The staff are very friendly and they will try their best to help you. Close to two metro stations, the fine arts museum, and the mont royal park.

Surprisingly close to hubs of activity, yet the street is quiet. Certainly a plus if you're trying to escape from the noise.

• 7th Jun 2014

Excellent location, great beautiful historical building, delicious breakfast, and the most helpful of staff.

It was a very pleasant stay : people were very nice even if i didn't talk to everyone but the atmosphere was very cool. The staff was nice and the location is just perfect (Ste-Catherine/Peel/McGill + lots of pubs and bars nearby).

• 4th Jun 2014

Perfect location! Friendly staff, bathrooms clean at all times, two kitchens for use and great breakfast options

LOOK NO FURTHER TRAVELLERS! Staying at the Aurberge Bishop was the best thing. The combination of the most outgoing and courteous staff of individuals, the overall vibes and atmosphere of the institution, and the most ideal location in the city brought my experience as a first-timer in Montreal in a new country to it's highest potential! THE STAFF! The Staff were a group of young Qubecois, as well as people from all over, with the most positive attitudes and most helpful tips and tricks !

No issues, prime downtown location, no complaints

• 2nd Jun 2014

The staff were excellent at this hostel.

• 25th May 2014

Definitly the best choice in Montreal!!!cheap,clean,friendly stuff and a awesome atmosphere.definitly I'll stay again here!!!

I recommend this place to anyone who wishes to have a good time! The staff is awsome the building too, and even the location ! You are literally in downtown Montreal close to bars, restaurants, shopping centre, grocery stores and more !

• 13th May 2014

Excellent location, I doubt you could find better -- nice staff, genuinely friendly and guests were nice too, all around good folks but I would be remiss not to mention that the place is FILTHY. Kitchen is filthy, disgusting vegetables that looked over 2 years old covered the inside of the freezer. abandoned food in refrigerator and a thick coating of grease on all the kitchen tables (not to mention dirty dishes in sink) private room had not even had the wastebaskets emptied at check-in.

The hostel was fine but I was angry with my service. I booked online and made a 12% deposit, but when I got to the hostel they made me pay the full 100% (including the amount I already paid). When I said I already paid they refused to believe it, so I pretty much paid for an additional night with the deposit they swindled from me! I was hoping when I asked them again later they'd return my deposit but no. As a student traveling on a budget things like that really make me mad.

• 5th May 2014

Just stood a night. Cool area, nice place with good athmosphere.

Absolutely a good hostel and this good price. Good location, a good place to meet people all over the world ( especially French).

Nice.staff. Greetings to.Jacob