Auberge Bishop Reviews

1445 rue Bishop, Montreal, Canada

For sure we recommend it!!! If we're back in Montreal definitively gonna come back here!

• 1st Sep 2015

Please repare the showers on the first floor. Not just that one was closed all time, the left one was spelling water all over the two toilettes next to the shower.

I've never seen a filthier kitchen, complete with fruit flies, in a hostel. The showers were also pretty questionable, with one women's stall blocked for three days by a fallen curtain. Although the rooms themselves were pretty clean, there was dust everywhere else.

The location of the hostel was great and the air conditioning was appreciated given the heat during my stay. It was particularly hot on the top floor. There was a female only bathroom on the top floor which was appreciated. The showers were a little small for changing as the water had sprayed out, but the water temperature and pressure was good. Included breakfast basic but great value for money. I would stay again.

Absolutely filthy kitchen, complete with fruit flies. One of the women's showers was blocked for three days with a fallen shower curtain. Dust in hallways.

First night was very difficult because of AC which didnt work in my room. Thankfully it was repaired next day. The kitchen is disgusting and things in the fridges seem to be out of control as there were flies around.

Great building, fantastic location close to city centre and nightlife literally on the doorsteps. Very casual, open atmosphere.

• 16th Aug 2015

This place is well located, right near two metro stations and museums etc. It's a beautiful building, that's the main appeal! Rooms were clean and spacious, as were the showers. The breakfast was decent too. Only problem was there was no mingling or socialising so it was tough to make friends.

The staff is really nice and helpfull! The location is perfect since there's a subway just crossing the street. The neighborhood is also very nice, there are pubs and clubs around there! I recommend it!

I had to leave extremely early to catch a train, and the staff member on duty very kindly organised breakfast for me. Would definitely book again.

The hostel is relly well located, the staff is nice and accomodating. I spent 5 beautiful days in Montreal thanks to this hostel .

• 5th Aug 2015

The AC is an amazing feature. The bed was loud and uncomfortable with really flat useless pillows. Security was a concern as the front door is open 24/7 and the staff sometimes wandered. Plus the room locks were very old and rickety. The kitchen is nice but the fridges need severe cleaning. Nice common area, but I found the vibe very insular. It was hard to make friends as a solo traveler. Found it annoying that some staff had very little French skills. However, altogether great location.

This was my first ever experience staying in a hostel, and I've gotta say I didn't have super high expectations. I assumed they were grungy and potentially unsafe. Auberge Bishop COMPLETELY changed my mind!!! A beautiful building with caring and friendly staff, clean sheets and an overall very friendly atmosphere. Thank you so much for the incredible stay during osheaga, I hope to come again very soon and experience more of Montreal!

• 30th Jul 2015

Great location. Love the A/C. Beautiful old house. Was difficult to determine staff from guests. Security was too lax in my opinion: front door always open as well as door to stairs/dorms. Individual dorms' locks seemed very superficial and didn't lock automatically. Was a great place to stay in a group; however, not a lot of atmosphere for individuals looking to make friends.

Second time staying here, the location is amazing and the staff are always friendly and helpful! Everything is cleaned often and well looked after. Super close to pubs and restraunts, right off the main shopping street and close to metro stations! Definitely my go to hostel for any stay in Montreal!

The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the location was perfect. I would definitely recommended this hostel to others. The only thing I would improve on would be breakfast. There was tasty bread and peanut butter and jelly, but I would have liked some fruit.

• 30th Jul 2015

I absolutely loved my stay at Auberge Bishop. The staff was incredibly helpful, and even helped me practice my French with them! The place was clean, and they were nice enough to let me keep my bags in the storage room before check in as I explored the city. Next time I go to Montreal, I'll certainly be staying here again!

Improve the breakfast and you're the best place around! see you soon again!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The Auberge Bishop is not the best hostel I've stayed at, but it's definitely a good value for money and it's in a great part of town! The staff are all very friendly and helpful - and you can't beat the way the hostel looks from the outside, it's like a giant castle (plus the interior wrap-around staircase featuring a wonderful stain-glass window). The bathroom and shower facilities are very small and are often unclean, and there is a distinct shortage of outlets, but the common room is nice!

The hostel is in a great location and facillities are in good order with many rooms and bathrooms appearing newly refurbished. The AC in the bedroom was a welcome god send. Excellent value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4