Auberge Bishop Reviews

1445 rue Bishop, Montreal, Canada

The staff and location was great. The washrooms (shower and toilets) were discusting.

• 16th Jun 2015

Nice hostel including good location. Poor breakfast.

Strategic location, big and clean bedrooms, helpful and friendly staff. Actually my bed was uncomfortable, but it seemed it was the only one having problems. Definitively, recommended!

The location is very convenient, but many of the facilities such as the bathrooms and showers feel very cramped. My stay was spoiled by a group of drunk tourists from Ireland who yelled in their sleep, and one of whom tried to urinate out the window at 4 in the morning.

• 6th Jun 2015

We had a great time here during the F1 Grand Prix weekend. It was right in the heart of the action, one block from the street party. Highly recommended.

• 5th Jun 2015

We got to the hostel dripping wet because it was pouring and the guy who greeted us grabbed us towels right away, showed us where the dryers were, and even lent us padlocks for the lockers! Great and helpful staff. Location is also excellent. Very close to the good bars but not to the noise. Would stay here again

Stayed here with 4 friends in a coed 6 bed private room with an occasional 6th roommate. Everyone at the hostel was amazing, all very welcoming, friendly and willing to make friends, which is what I look for most in hostels! The price was amazing for what you get. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants an affordable stay with friendly people in a very great area! I had a scare the last day with losing my passport and everyone was so caring and helpful. I hope I get to visit again!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Very impressed - haven't stayed at a hostel since traveling around New Zealand - loved the vibe and people

• 2nd Jun 2015

Lovely place and cool people! Thanks!

• 2nd Jun 2015

Good, decent hostel. Nothing special (especially the breakfast is really simple).

Clean rooms, very friendly staff and in a great location!

• 29th May 2015

Super friendly, helpful staff, great atmosphere, perfect location. Will be staying here again!

• 28th May 2015
  • New Zealand

I love this place. It's a gorgeous old building with stained glass and a spiral staircase. Nice hardwood floors in the rooms. My bed was super comfortable and the location is ideal for navigating the city. I wish I lived there!

• 27th May 2015

The staff was amazing!- very kind and welcoming and made us feel at home! They told us of the coolest places to go and pointed us in the right direction for food and drinks! I had an amazing time at Auberge Bishop and I wish I could have stayed longer!

• 24th May 2015

I had a really great stay and a fun time! Wish we could've stayed longer!

• 24th May 2015

The staff was exceptionally friendly and hung out in the common areas. There were always people from all over talking, playing cards or eating up front which created a great atmosphere. Was also cheaper (and had a better location) than the disgusting motel we stayed at the night before. Only wish we had been able to stay both nights! Word to the wise: book ahead of time for Friday and Saturday nights.

The bathroom set up should be improved. There was only one "shared" bathroom on the 2nd floor. The girls had their own bathroom, but that didn't have a mirror/sink from what I understood. There were some times when too many people needed to use the restroom at the same time.

Friendly and accommodating staff, and in the perfect location. My main issue was the size of the shower stalls (they're roughly the same size as an airplane washroom), but I know that the hostel is a refurbished building, so they only had so much room to work with. Bring your ear plugs, because no matter how quiet anyone is, you can hear every movement in the building. I would definitely stay there again.

Great location and good place to stay short-term if on a budget. Security wasn't that tight at times.

I had never stayed at a hostel before the Auberge Bishop! My friend and I planned a very spontaneous trip to Montreal, and I was so pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The staff was wonderful, and recommended an excellent restaurant. The room and bathrooms were both very clean. The bike ride to downtown is also very nice. Perfect location, close to Mount Royal, and close enough to downtown to be able to bike there. Thanks for the awesome stay!

• 18th May 2015