Auberge Bishop Reviews

1445 rue Bishop, Montreal, Canada

I had a really great stay and a fun time! Wish we could've stayed longer!

• 24th May 2015

The staff was exceptionally friendly and hung out in the common areas. There were always people from all over talking, playing cards or eating up front which created a great atmosphere. Was also cheaper (and had a better location) than the disgusting motel we stayed at the night before. Only wish we had been able to stay both nights! Word to the wise: book ahead of time for Friday and Saturday nights.

The bathroom set up should be improved. There was only one "shared" bathroom on the 2nd floor. The girls had their own bathroom, but that didn't have a mirror/sink from what I understood. There were some times when too many people needed to use the restroom at the same time.

Friendly and accommodating staff, and in the perfect location. My main issue was the size of the shower stalls (they're roughly the same size as an airplane washroom), but I know that the hostel is a refurbished building, so they only had so much room to work with. Bring your ear plugs, because no matter how quiet anyone is, you can hear every movement in the building. I would definitely stay there again.

Great location and good place to stay short-term if on a budget. Security wasn't that tight at times.

I had never stayed at a hostel before the Auberge Bishop! My friend and I planned a very spontaneous trip to Montreal, and I was so pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The staff was wonderful, and recommended an excellent restaurant. The room and bathrooms were both very clean. The bike ride to downtown is also very nice. Perfect location, close to Mount Royal, and close enough to downtown to be able to bike there. Thanks for the awesome stay!

• 18th May 2015

It's not the most organized hostel but the staff is super friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and bright with high ceilings and furnished with quite comfy mattresses and a small locker per person (bring your own lock though). It's a very nice atmosphere there and I liked the whole look/style of the building. The breakfast is pretty basic, but there's enough space in the kitchen for your own stuff and a generous amount of spices etc for general use. The location is perfect.

• 15th May 2015

Staff was very friendly. Allowed us to check in early. Great location. Room, bathroom and showers were clean. Would definitely stay again.

• 15th May 2015
  • CoryWood
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice staff- helpful, and close to everything.Seen younger singing, dancing - having fun at night.Martha South california

• 13th May 2015

being that it was my first time on a hostel I was very happy with the service.

• 12th May 2015

staff were great! helpful after misunderstanding over renting room versus beds. pls put ant trap in that room

• 3rd May 2015

I had been in there only 1night. I have satisfied that.

We only stayed one night, but the hostel staff seemed pretty nice. Relaxed atmosphere. Seemed family friendly. A whole team of soccer kids were staying in one dorm so definitely kids friendly. Not a place to party but near all bars and clubs downtown so location is awesome. I'd stay here again.

Phenomenal atmosphere and beautiful location. The staff was helpful and great to meet. I would love to come back again!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very friendly and the facilities were very clean. There is a very positive vibe about the place and I hope to return soon.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • India

Loved this hostel. Great atmosphere and great people. The staff were so friendly and wonderful it was insane. Felt very at home and welcome here. It was also close to a lot of shopping, and attractions. Beautiful building as well, had a great time overall!

Stayed here for a conference weekend for three nights, found it to be in a great location in Montreal, both in terms of the number of things around and the proximity to transit. One block off Rue St. Catharine with all its shopping, 1 block away from Rue Crescent with a number of bars and restaurants. Hostel itself was very clean, the staff friendly, and overall good value for money. Would stay again!

Beautiful hostel with amazing staff. Stayed only 2 nights but will come back for sure! The place is very clean, bathrooms are renovated.

• 12th Apr 2015

Great location within walking distance of everywhere we went, especially for the price. The staff was very nice and helpful. We had a great stay and would definitely recommend!

• 10th Apr 2015

Great Hostel!!! The location is perfect and the rooms are clean. We payed 17 dolars per night and we received a very good customer service. The stuff is friendly and they keep my sutcase even if i have already done my chek in.

• 10th Apr 2015