Auberge Bishop Reviews

1445 rue Bishop, Montreal, Canada

Improve the breakfast and you're the best place around! see you soon again!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The Auberge Bishop is not the best hostel I've stayed at, but it's definitely a good value for money and it's in a great part of town! The staff are all very friendly and helpful - and you can't beat the way the hostel looks from the outside, it's like a giant castle (plus the interior wrap-around staircase featuring a wonderful stain-glass window). The bathroom and shower facilities are very small and are often unclean, and there is a distinct shortage of outlets, but the common room is nice!

The staff was very welcoming and very generous. The guy carried the luggage for me upstairs and explained directions very clearly. On the day I left I asked the staff is I can keep my bags at the hostel and pick it up later and she was so friendly about it. She even asked how my day was when I went back for my bags later that day. The location is so convinient. Subway is close by and the streets are easy to get used to. The hostel was surprisingly very clean. Good place to stay at.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Very convenient

Friendly, clean, great value

• 9th Jul 2015

Great old building run by very nice people.

Wonderful place in a great and festive area and full of people who are alive as is the spirit of Montreal!

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Turkey

an excellent hostel with a great breakfeast. 10/10.

My stay was fantastic. The people at the hostel were extremely nice and helpful and I will definitely stay there again. There are always people hanging out in the common area and you can easily meet new people all the time. I will say the shower floors are in desperate need of cleaning but some shower shoes makes it a non-issue for the guests. Still it should be cleaned for the purposes of presentation. Had a great stay, stay here if you are going to Montreal!

• 30th Jun 2015

Amazing location and nice staff, however the building not as nice as other hostels I've stayed at. Room was very hot at times and the showers not the nicest although totally fine. Whole hostel is good but not amazing, doesn't feel as clean or comfortable as it could.

Great whereabouts, close to bars and restaurants. The staff is amazing, always flexible and easy going. Definitely a very nice play to stay!!!

• 26th Jun 2015

The room is small especially if the luggage is big. The staffs are very helpful with very good service mind. The interior art is beautiful with antique design. The kitchen is not big in particular while many guests were using in the same time. The dining room is beautiful with piano. The free breakfast is great with unlimited bread, ham, cheese, butter, jam, coffee despite no milk. The washroom is average, no hook to hang your cloth while bathing. The common washroom is used for both sexes.

I had a nice stay in Auberge Bishop. The rooms are good and the washrooms clean. I'm always hungry and they satisfied my needs at the breakfast, that's a plus. You definitely need a locker because it is a busy hostel. But overall worth checking it out.

• 24th Jun 2015

The staff and location was great. The washrooms (shower and toilets) were discusting.

• 16th Jun 2015

Nice hostel including good location. Poor breakfast.

Strategic location, big and clean bedrooms, helpful and friendly staff. Actually my bed was uncomfortable, but it seemed it was the only one having problems. Definitively, recommended!

Loved it here, one of the best places I've stayed. Was in a 10 bed mixed dorm. Everyone was really considerate in the rooms, was never woken up with people coming home late. Place is right downtown, Great are. Great place. Will definitely be back.

The location is very convenient, but many of the facilities such as the bathrooms and showers feel very cramped. My stay was spoiled by a group of drunk tourists from Ireland who yelled in their sleep, and one of whom tried to urinate out the window at 4 in the morning.

• 6th Jun 2015

We had a great time here during the F1 Grand Prix weekend. It was right in the heart of the action, one block from the street party. Highly recommended.

• 5th Jun 2015

We got to the hostel dripping wet because it was pouring and the guy who greeted us grabbed us towels right away, showed us where the dryers were, and even lent us padlocks for the lockers! Great and helpful staff. Location is also excellent. Very close to the good bars but not to the noise. Would stay here again

« first « Prev 1 2 3