Auberge Bishop Reviews

1445 rue Bishop, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Stayed only for one short night this time after late arrival by plane and early departure by bus. Had spent some time in Montreal before, however, and hostel is in great location, close to Concordia University with a lively bar scene and plenty of eateries. Also close to shops (if of interest), Metro station, long-distance bus terminal. and walkable distance to major sights including Mont Royal and the Old Port (both not to miss). Have fun!

I loved the atmosphere, everyone was so friendly! The location of this hostel is amazing. It's right by a metro station, the 747 airport bus stop, great bars, the Musee des Beaux-Arts, and McGill University. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who's visiting Montreal.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • cindychen101

Everything was great, clean bedsheets, good access to the city... just the kitchen didn't have much plates or cups and possibilities to cook.

Its a good place to stay afew days in the city! The breakfast is very easy but the rest is good!

It's in a good location and it's cheap (paid $115 for a week). EXCELLENT number of toilets and showers, however they do not have much space to hang your clothes and have no soap rack... There is a free breakfast, but very basic. You will get sick of white bread very quickly! The 10-bed dorm is noisy and too hot... Also, the kitchen is too small to actually cook anything! The lounge room is also the lobby and is fairly small and not very homely.

I stayed at this hostel for a week, time enough to meet a cool group of travellers and of course its friendly staff. The rooms are clean and bathrooms are conveniently located on every floor. The common room is a good place to socialise and meet new people always willing to chat. The building itself is full of character and the rooms are well heated. Overall, Bishop is a great hostel and I'm sure I will stay again in my next visit to Montreal.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Clean rooms, staff are friendly and helpful, meet lots of new people, we have stayed twice now and probably will again at some point!

• 4th Jan 2014

Big hostel with great staff and great breakfast. Close to the metro and a lot of bars. Would definitely recommend to anyone

Auberge de jeunesse super sympa dans une grande maison québécoise pleine de charme!! Super bien placée ! tres facile d accès de l aéroport ! Tous les membres du staff sont super gentils, toujours prêts a vous aider ! Tres bonne atmosphere, safe et propre ! on s'y sentirait presque comme a la maison ! :)

My 10-bed dorm didn't have any sort of lock on the door and we weren't handed a key or anything. Location is GREAT. Lots of good restaurants and bars around, accessible to Mont Royale, train station. Staff were very very helpful.

This hostel lacked atmosphere when I stayed here with not much of an area to socialise with other guests, so may not be that suitable for people traveling alone who want to meet people... Though I did stay here in the quiet winter season so the hostel was generally quiet. If you just want somewhere to lay your head like I did this hostel is perfect... great location, clean reasonably sized rooms and bathrooms, in a good location. I would definitely stay here again.

I liked the hostel, but the only thing that for me was strange was the washroom for men and woman together. I realy think that despite being a hostel there is somethings that must be separated.

great staff, loved the building. didnt like the uni sex washrooms and very basic breakfast

great hostel. thank you for your hospitality.

What can I say... Very nice staff. I met interesting people there and had great conversations! Its location is excellent as the museums and McGill are just within just 10 minutes walk. Strongly recommend it!

• 2nd Nov 2013