Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Overall a very pleasant stay very clean, well-kept, and pleasant, however I have a few comments: -upon arrival one of our lockers was broken, were promised it fixed by the morning, it never happened -when free coffee was advertised I was expecting a coffee maker, but it was a bland instant variety, tasted expired -poor signage on the front door meant we had a very difficult time finding the place on our first night, we drove by 6 times and ended up having to get out and walk to find it

• 19th Dec 2014

Couldn't ask for a better location and price. I live in Quebec City, travel down for exams and it's perfect for a short stay. You won't find anything else located downtown for such a reasonable price. Thanks

• 28th Nov 2014

Overall great place, just one problem: I was looking to get a towel to shower on Sunday morning, waited over an hour for someone to appear, and by 10am, as there was still no one, ended up making due with my pillow case and paper towel in the washroom to dry up after the shower. Sure, I should have perhaps gotten the towel the day before, but still, you would think that by 10am there would be someone to help out. (Note: towels cost $1 and are behind a locked door).

• 25th Oct 2014

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. In regards to the towel, we open at noon (12:00) on Sundays, this is indicated on the booking confirmation, frontdoor and frontdesk. And yes, the towels are behind a locked door because otherwise, as experience has shown us, quite a few guests did take them without paying.

A perfectly fine place to stay, not amazing, not terrible. The only really silly thing was the guy at the check in desk holding out on giving me my key because he didn't have enough change to give me, meaning he would lose 4 cents. Four cents!!!

Sorry for this, it does sound a silly thing to do but I will inquire about this!

Just stayed one night but will likely return on future trips to Montreal. Close to a metro and the Bell Centre. Friendly staff. Was in a 6 bed dorm, and a goodly-sized locker with lock was provided along with the room key. Felt safe and welcome. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

compared to price, it was good!

This hostel is well hidden on a busy street, but inside it is quiet, clean and comfortable. I had the great luck to find polite staff, helpful co-travelers, breakfast and a very good wifi-connection. A reasonable sized room that offered a good space for sleeping and privacy. I certainly would stay there again.

Almost perfect! Great people, great facilities, great location! One more bathroom would be welcome though.

• 17th Sep 2014

Your staff is quite dry and non-friendly, even to the point of ruddiness. While I was there for a night only, I had considered staying, but the guy in the overnight shift made sure I changed my mind! Also, your pictures on the website might correspond to some higher-valued rooms, but I was left to sleep in the first level of the place, where they are quite uncomfortable. Not even the towels are included? There is no reason to stay there again.

I apologize for our staff's behavior! I assure you that this isn't our usual standard! I will have a talk with this staff him about this. As for the photographs, they represent the actual rooms, there is no fallacy here so I don't understand this criticism. As for the room not being comfortable, I would have liked to know what specifically was uncomfortable for you.

An overall excellent hostel!

• 5th Sep 2014
  • Greece

A nice place to stay, not too big, not too small!

• 1st Sep 2014

I've been to within 9days. This hostel made me feel very comfortable and all of staffs very friendly. (Specially the boss was cool guy.) Personal locker is quite big. that was very useful. Bad thing was... I lost my 2 bottles of beer by the fridge. that was must be little bit bad. But that was not big dill. There was a lot of very good peoples coming there. So, sometimes they just give some beer or other foods gave for me. If I will visit montreal again then I will choose this hostel again :)

Great place, just go!

• 28th Aug 2014

Very good hostel in convenient location with very nice staff. Price includes breakfast and hot drinks. Lockers are OK.

The only issue with this awesome awesome (did I mention awesome?) hostel is that your front desk NEEDS to be open 24 hours. Or at the very least it should be open from 8 am - 2 am. My girlfriend got to the hostel at around 1am and there was no one to open the door for her and the staff was very unhappy about coming down to help her open the door. I understand 1am is late, but the hours truly need to be extended.

• 6th Aug 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. Let me clarify, we do have a great system that allows guests to checkin after opening hours. What happened here instead is that this guest, who was waiting for her friend's late arrival, agreed with the frontdesk staff to wait for her and help her in, which unfortunately didn't happen.

Great location and price!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Our first encounter in the hostel was a little rough. We had traveled all night and wanted a little rest and got kicked out of the common room, after we told the manager we were arriving at 8am. If we knew we would have been treated like this. I would have paid the extra money for the night before. Then a bed and keys would have been waiting for us. After this, I loved the hostel. Nice bathrooms. Lockers with locks provided. No curfew. Perfect for the Osheaga getaway!

• 30th Jul 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings about your stay. I would like to clarify this situation though. I didn't "kick" those guests out of the living room, I simply asked that they not use all the couches in the living room as their bedroom; it's not fair to the other 30 guests who might want to use the facilities in the living room and adjoining terrace.

realy very good. Nice location and staff and price.

Great hostel with great price.

• 25th Jul 2014

Its a great hostel to stay in whilst in Montreal! its close to the metro and bus stations that can take you everywhere and also close to old montreal. Definately worth visiting.