Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Maria was awesome, Jermaine was awesome, Javier was awesome, the entire staff was awesome.

Dear guest, this is awesome! We're all grateful you shared your great experience at Auberge L'Apero and hope you will be back :)

It was hard to find! I walked past it like 3 times. To find it look for the numbers on the building not the name. It also has a Chinese restaurant at the bottom of it. I enjoyed my stay and the staff were friendly

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero. Our signage is indeed modest. As you mentioned, the address is quite visible so that's one way to find us. Thanks again for coming and hope to see you again!

reception staff super friendly and helpful, but while using kitchen/bar area there was drunk guy (guest i suppose?) approaching and disturbing people, staff was watching it but did not take any action even people were not happy about the guy. I understand that some people are hard to control, but it did not make me feel safe to by approach as a single girl by some stranger in the middle of the kitchen/bar.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Poland

Dear guest, We apologize for your experience; we're currently investigating what happened with staff and will take appropriate action. I would like to mention that this is not a comment occurrence; we are a safe hostel as our record shows. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and hope you can trust us again :)

It was a really nice hostel. The parking was not very good, which in part I think was the weather but also they were not helpful directing us a place to park. It is a really good location to get around downtown and close to a metro stop to get to farther away places. I do suggest bringing your own pillows because theirs are very poor.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience! We apologize for the parking situation, we will make improvements in that regard. Our location is indeed ideal, inside downtown close to 2 subway lines and walking distance to many attractions. In regards to pillows, we provide extra pillows in the rooms at no cost to accommodate everyone's comfort level. Thanks again and hope you come again :)

The hotel is ok but security can be improved.Close to downtown easy access to transport.

• 30th Dec 2015

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience with us regarding your stay at Auberge L'Apero! We will be in contact to address your concerns about security :) Thanks again for coming,

it.s like home from home

• 21st Dec 2015
  • India

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience :)

It was ery nice experience and worth for the money charged. The environment and culture is so nicely maintained that it was very hard when I need to leave that place. Mr. Paul and all team is excellent and the facilities provided are far better than expectations. I will rate this place on highest and price worthy for students in there initial days after arrival at such a new place. I would love to be back there if required... Keep it up..!

• 21st Dec 2015
  • India

Dear guest, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Auberge L'Apero so much! We are indeed located near 2 major universities so quite convenient for students. Know that we are here whenever you need a home in Montreal :)

Incredible hostel. Very close to a metro station and near plenty of restaurants. Right around the corner from the Museum of Fine Arts. Initially hard to find (no signs) but spotlessly clean with a wonderful staff. Plenty of bathrooms to use and nice room layouts. One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had.

Dear guest, we are so grateful you shared your experience at Auberge L'Apero, and more so that it was a superb experience :) Our location in downtown Montreal is indeed ideal for backpackers, close to transportation and attractions. I will make sure to let our cleaning staff know of your satisfaction regarding the cleanliness. Hope to see you again :)

Very clean, great price, and nice, calm atmosphere.

Great place to stay

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Honduras

Dear guest, thanks alot for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero :)

A very good stay, I plan on going back in the future.

A great value and extremely convenient location for visiting downtown Montreal. Mostly quiet at night and fellow guests were friendly and polite. It is located in a student district and next door to a club though, so the street can be noisy in the middle of the night.

• 15th Nov 2015

Dear Guest, thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Auberge L'Apéro :) We are indeed in very convenient downtown Montreal. Next door is actually a shisha bar; the crowd there isn't too rowdy in general. Hope to see you again!

cleanliness and location very good. Staff almost non existent.

Dear guest, we're happy that you noticed and appreciated our cleanliness and location! In regards to the staff, we apologize about this; they are often busy cleaning or talking to guests outside the frontdesk area but they are there :) Hope to see you again.

Amazing price and location, friendly staff although only available at limited times. They got an efficient system going on though, so staffs physical presence isn't always required. An organized and well managed small place. Their effort to recycle was much appreciated. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Montreal on a budget!

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Venezuela

Dear guest, we are very grateful that you shared with all your experience at Auberge L'Apero! Your description is pretty spot on, we try to be efficient and ecological like a good small hostel should (and our prices are nice too :) Hope to see you again.

Excellent deal! Great Environment and the staff really take care of their guests.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Dear guest, thanks so much for sharing to all about us! We do have good deals during this season, no doubt about it. I will relay your message to our staff, they will be pleased! Hope to see you again

Wish our room had a lock on the door.

• 13th Oct 2015

Dear guest, we apologize for this, indeed one of our dorms one doesn't have a lock as it is an emergency route but there are lockers to store your valuables. As a side note, there is one locked door to access the hostel as well as several cameras in the entrance to protect our guests and their belongings. Hope to see you again :)

Friendly staff, great value and excellent location near food and shopping on Saint Catherine Street. The breakfast included: bread, peanut butter, milk and cereal, and coffee (instant and drip) and tea.

Dear guest, wow I really appreciate you sharing your positive experience at L'Apero :) Hope to see you again!

Check-in was very smooth and the person who checked us in was very kind and showed us around the hostel telling us the basic rules. The room was very clean and the individual lockers were very handy and I felt comfortable leaving my things in the hostel. The free breakfast is very simple but well appreciated. The only issue I had was the water from the shower had a very low pressure but other than that I enjoyed my stay. The location of the hostel is also very convenient.

• 10th Oct 2015

Dear guest, I will make sure to let know the receptionist of your positive experience :) We are quite safe even though in downtown setting, there are always staff in the building 24h. We will contact you regarding the shower to resolve this issue for all. Thanks again for the comments and hope to see you again!

Great location. The laundry service is a helpy hand.

Dear guest, we are indeed located in downtown Montreal, close to 2 subway lines and several attractions out the door such as the Mount-Royal park. Hope you enjoyed your stay and be back soon :)

The place if fine for what you The only thing they should improve if the breakfast that's really poor, there isn't any butter or milk

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Dear guest, we do offer milk & soy milk for breakfast :) There is also cereal (atleast 4 varieties), white & whole wheat bread, peanut butter and raspberry jam, coffee instant and drip, green and black tea. Hope to see you again :)