Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Very centrally located, a block from Guy-Concordia Métro station and steps from Rue Ste-Catherine. Very clean hostel and very quiet. Do remember to bring towels, unless you wish to pay $1 for towel rental. Laundry facilities onsite. Fast WiFi connection. Toast & cereal & coffee/tea for breakfast. The only thing that can change is the lights for the rooms. There is only one ceiling lamp and it is bright! So when someone comes back late and turns on the light, you'll wake up! :(

Very excellent!

Everyone was very welcoming, and the facilities were extremely well maintained.

• 14th Mar 2015

Location is good and central but outside has no signage and shares the entrance with a Chinese restaurant Had to wait a while to be buzzed in. Also, everyone has to remove shoes at door and feet were very cold as a result, yet the staff wore sneakers inside the hostel! Not cool.

Dear guest, We are happy to hear that our central Montreal location pleased you :) In regards to the signage, we apologize if it isn't visible enough; we're located in a centennial brownstone so because of this we have to be modest about the signage. We do require guests to remove their outdoor shoes, it's a custom in Canada as the wet snow that clings to the shoes would make the floors unclean. We do however allow guests (and staff) to wear indoor shoes. Hope you can come again!

Great hostel in a great central location. However it was really weird seeing everyone in the hostel.... being a resident of Montreal rather than travellers.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and hostel! Just as a note, not everyone is from Montreal, that isn't correct :)

I like to be in this hostal....Its perfect For the price.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for sharing your feedback :)

very nice staff. they are always trying to find a solution for your problems and concerns. thanks for the host!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Thanks for sharing!

great place, great staff

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Overall a very pleasant stay very clean, well-kept, and pleasant, however I have a few comments: -upon arrival one of our lockers was broken, were promised it fixed by the morning, it never happened -when free coffee was advertised I was expecting a coffee maker, but it was a bland instant variety, tasted expired -poor signage on the front door meant we had a very difficult time finding the place on our first night, we drove by 6 times and ended up having to get out and walk to find it

• 19th Dec 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your comments, it is a pleasure to know you enjoyed and noticed our clean facilities. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you encountered with the locker, it was fixed the same day but no one came to pickup the repaired key. It is a shame that our coffee did not meet your expectations. We go to great lengths to provide our guests with a variety of food and drink options to satisfy their every need and will inquire. We hope to welcome you again!

The staff amazing! Paul was great! The people staying there are amazing! Great place to connect with people and enjoy your stay in Montreal. Great location! I will definitely come back to Auberge L'Apero when I am back in town.

Couldn't ask for a better location and price. I live in Quebec City, travel down for exams and it's perfect for a short stay. You won't find anything else located downtown for such a reasonable price. Thanks

• 28th Nov 2014

Overall great place, just one problem: I was looking to get a towel to shower on Sunday morning, waited over an hour for someone to appear, and by 10am, as there was still no one, ended up making due with my pillow case and paper towel in the washroom to dry up after the shower. Sure, I should have perhaps gotten the towel the day before, but still, you would think that by 10am there would be someone to help out. (Note: towels cost $1 and are behind a locked door).

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. In regards to the towel, we open at noon (12:00) on Sundays, this is indicated on the booking confirmation, frontdoor and frontdesk. And yes, the towels are behind a locked door because otherwise, as experience has shown us, quite a few guests did take them without paying.

A perfectly fine place to stay, not amazing, not terrible. The only really silly thing was the guy at the check in desk holding out on giving me my key because he didn't have enough change to give me, meaning he would lose 4 cents. Four cents!!!

Sorry for this, it does sound a silly thing to do but I will inquire about this!

Just stayed one night but will likely return on future trips to Montreal. Close to a metro and the Bell Centre. Friendly staff. Was in a 6 bed dorm, and a goodly-sized locker with lock was provided along with the room key. Felt safe and welcome. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for sharing your experience!