Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff was very friendly and they gave me a tour of the place as well! The beds are quite comfy although getting the sheets on the top bunk was a bit of work. The only recommendation would be to have the a/c vents working. It was noisy and I felt sorry for the lady who slept next to it.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) The AC vents work in all the dorms, but in some we have a supplemental unit available for guests who want extra cooling. The guests can start/stop the unit at any time :) Hope to see you again.

beautiful place to rest your torso

Hostel was decent, not the best hostel Ive been in though. There were a lot of stairs.

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) Indeed there are about 12 steps to get up to the main floor :)

Everything was great here and everything worked well. The staff was also very helpful. All I can is great place w great value! Highly recommended!!

Many thanks, hope to see you again!

Fun & friendly, thanks to all the staff, un clin d œil aux frenchies, a bientôt :) :) :)

• 14th May 2015

The hostel was small, but clean and everything I needed. Breakfast was cereal and toast and better quality than many motel breakfasts I've had. I did have a hard time finding the hostel the first time because I was looking for a whole building , but maybe that's good for security. Staff were very helpful and I was able to store my backpack for the day after I checked out.

• 3rd May 2015

Best hostel I've ever seen! It's definitely not the nicest house from the outside- but when you step in side: awesome! Everything is clean, stuff is friendly, great facilities (bathroom, kitchen, living room) I'll definitly come back!:)

• 10th Apr 2015

We humbly accept "best hostel" you bestowed upon us :) See you soon!

Very centrally located, a block from Guy-Concordia Métro station and steps from Rue Ste-Catherine. Very clean hostel and very quiet. Do remember to bring towels, unless you wish to pay $1 for towel rental. Laundry facilities onsite. Fast WiFi connection. Toast & cereal & coffee/tea for breakfast. The only thing that can change is the lights for the rooms. There is only one ceiling lamp and it is bright! So when someone comes back late and turns on the light, you'll wake up! :(

Dear guest, Thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero! We're always pleased when someone notices the hard work we put into making it a great hostel. In regards to the light, we understand how it must feel so we will soon change the light fixture to be more discreet. Thanks again and hope to see you again,

Very excellent!

Everyone was very welcoming, and the facilities were extremely well maintained.

• 14th Mar 2015

Thanks for sharing your experience, see you next time :)

Location is good and central but outside has no signage and shares the entrance with a Chinese restaurant Had to wait a while to be buzzed in. Also, everyone has to remove shoes at door and feet were very cold as a result, yet the staff wore sneakers inside the hostel! Not cool.

Dear guest, We are happy to hear that our central Montreal location pleased you :) In regards to the signage, we apologize if it isn't visible enough; we're located in a centennial brownstone so because of this we have to be modest about the signage. We do require guests to remove their outdoor shoes, it's a custom in Canada as the wet snow that clings to the shoes would make the floors unclean. We do however allow guests (and staff) to wear indoor shoes. Hope you can come again!

Great hostel in a great central location. However it was really weird seeing everyone in the hostel.... being a resident of Montreal rather than travellers.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and hostel! Just as a note, not everyone is from Montreal, that isn't correct :)

I like to be in this hostal....Its perfect For the price.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for sharing your feedback :)

very nice staff. they are always trying to find a solution for your problems and concerns. thanks for the host!

• 2nd Jan 2015