Auberge L'Apero

8.1
Fabulous 1184 Total Reviews

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017

It was a clean hostel and I liked it!

Thanks for staying with Aubege L'Apero during your time in Montreal! Hope to see you soon during your travels!

• klaartjevandenbos8303
  • Belgium, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Jun 2017
7.7

The room was spacious enough, lockers as well. I had a few very good nights at l'Auberge. The room and bathrooms were always clean.

Thanks for choosing Auberge L'Apero during your time in Montreal. We're very pleased to see you enjoyed our space. Kind regards and safe travels for the future!

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2017

Excellent location

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Jun 2017

I loved the homey, laid back feel of this hostel. I cracked up when I finally found it; had passed by three times before i realized it shared a door with a Chinese restaurant. Secret location :P Close to a bixi dock which made mobility around the downtown area super convenient for cycling. had to pay $1 for a towel but this was the most cost effective hostel I've been to, and it was clean. Each bed comes with a key for a reasonably sized locker, which was great. Coed dorms weren't weird.

Thanks for staying with Auberge L'Apero! We're very happy to see you enjoyed out homely atmosphere and location. We hope to see you again the next time you're passing through Montreal. Until then; safe travels and all the best.

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Jun 2017

Good location and cheap. My only complaint is the beds. I had horrendous back ache all night and it's been aching all day today. They're very cheap and flimsy mattresses so I wouldn't recommend if you're susceptible to back ache.

Hi there. I'm glad to see you enjoyed our location and pricing. We agree with you about the mattresses. They are quite old and we are current replacing them with new mattresses.

1st Jun 2017

Great helpful staff. Well located. Comfortable. Am staying here again right now. I love it.

1st Jun 2017

excellent for what u have pay for. really cheap, bathrooms were frequently clean. some of people are living over so it is not a good hostel to make friends and be a tourist, but everybody was really nice. staff are not that cool or friendly. no plugs to charge your phone in beds in top beds.

• USA, Male, 41+
29th May 2017

Great location, 1 block from subway, clean private bathrooms, all around friendly ... best feature, had the leave the next day at 11:00 at night, we are allowed to keep our luggage here while I went out and enjoyed the city, that was not expected, hauling around a suitcase not fun ... came back 10 at night, grabbed it, was on a bus back to the states and home at 11:15.

Thanks for choosing to stay with Auberge L'Apero during your time in beautiful Montreal! We certainly hope you'll visit again in the future. Until next time, we wish you safe travels and fun.

• France, Female, 25-30
14th May 2017
4.0

Really Bad expriment!! I Chose this hostel for the location and the cheap price, but the service was really bad. I explain to the manager my situation and he did not inderstand at all. He ask me more money when I have allready paid. At the end I decide to cancel my reservation for the three last day. I don't recommande this place, it deceive me. That's stealling!

This guest did not initially pay taxes on their reservation, and so she was asked to pay again in order to pay those taxes. During her stay she told our staff that she was considering reducing the amount of days in her reservation. It was explained to her that cancellations require 24hrs notice in order to receive a refund on a night. This was also clearly explained in her booking confirmation. She told reception that she was not sure if she wanted to cancel and so we left her reservation as it was. Several days later she approached me (the manager) requesting to cancel all her remaining nights and check-out immediately now that she was certain. I explained to her (again) about the 24hr policy and while I was happy to refund the future nights, she would still need to pay for the current night as is fell within the 24hr period. She began to personally insult me for being a "police man" because I was enforcing the hostel policies. She also lied to me and told me that she had never been told about the 24hr period, despite the fact that I know she was told by other staff and it was part of her agreement when she made the booking online. She continued to insult me, and then started crying whilst lying to me about what she had been told. In the end, I decided to wave the 24hr period, on top of the other nights being refunded. Since she got everything she wanted and more than she was entitled to, I would have thought that would be the end of it, but clearly she has decided to hold a grudge and try to defame us with this review.

• Poland, Female, 31-40
14th May 2017

The hostel is well located, the staff was friendly. I have seen cleaner hostels, however , considering the price it is a great value for money and I would stay there again!

Thanks for choosing to stay with Auberge L'Apero! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Montreal. Concerning cleaning - we have just employed a new cleaner, and so he is still learning to do a flawless job. We hope to see you again in the future, until then we wish you happy travels. regards, Auberge Manager, Loz.