Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Paul was a true gentleman and the perfect host upon making you feel at home and showing you were all the amenities were to be found. The rest of the staff was also friendly, cooperative but never overbearing. The cleaning was constant and the hostel seems to attract a very pleasant element. Further, the kitchen area is also quite well prepared so that you can continue your diet on the road and eat the foods that make you feel even more at home. EXCELLENT !

I had a good time here; nice facilities, and the clerk was really helpful in letting me dry my clothes after i'd gotten stuck outside in the rain for a couple of hours. my favorite thing is that they provided free lockers. the only thing i didn't like, though, was that this really isn't the kind of place to get a good rest; a group of people carried on in the common area until 2 or 3, which was right near my room, but i guess that's half the fun of staying at a hostel.

Nice hostel in Montreal, the staff are friendly and helpful also when being a nuisance and having to keep changing reservation. The hostel is really clean and seems to be a high priority. Lacking in some atmosphere but suitable if you want to get your head down.

Our stay was wonderful! We came up for Nuit Blanche, and the hostel was the perfect location. It was a few blocks away so we were able to explore outside the festival on our way to/from, but it was less than 10 minutes walk. The room and bathrooms were very clean. They had a basket of random suggestions to do - we pulled out exploring the underground city and loved it. I probably won't be back to montreal (too cold) but if I did, I would definitely stay here again!

• 1st Mar 2014

I've been to many hostels, but this is definitly the best I ever stayed at. The price is great for what you get, the atmosphere is simply nice, you get everywhere fast, people are so kind but not in an overwided way. Whenever I can be in Montréal again, I would go there again. I have fallen in love with the Auberge l'Apero - thank you so much for everything!

Best hostel stay ever, and fantastic staff! We love Julia, and everyone was very kind!

• 19th Feb 2014

I think this Hostel is your perfect, good price nice place, if they expand it for more people it would be even better

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Great location downtown, and quite clean. The oven in the kitchen wasn't working, as well as one of the toilets, but that happens. My biggest complaint would have been noise. A bunch of guys decided to party in the reception area, and they might as well have been in the room because there is no sound-proofing.

Just to address some of these mentions: one of our toilets is just slow but it isn't broken. The oven is purposely disabled for safety reasons as there have been incidents. All the burners do work fine.

I booked this hostel for myself and two friends to see a concert in January, and none of us were particularly familiar with Montreal. The location was fantastic, really close to the subway and rue Ste. Catherine. We never ate the breakfast at the hostel but it was included in the price which was great; the linens were also included. Shower was really clean and less like a "hostel" shower than other ones I've stayed in (more like a home!). Beds were surprisingly super comfy.

• 31st Jan 2014

I had a great stay over two nights. The owner was really friendly and interested about my plans in Montreal and Canada in general. Great location next to a metro station and definitely value for money. Personally I found the bed one of the more comfortable hostel beds I've stayed in. Will stay here again

Awesome personnel and people! I would have stayed for longer if I didn't needed a permanent home quickly for administration papers. Definitely my first and best choice for Auberges in Montréal !

• 2nd Jan 2014

Great location just off the main strip of shops & restaurants. Was pretty quiet for the couple days that we were there, and there weren't many people hanging out in the common areas, though it was just after New Years (which was probably busier). Friendly staff! Would definitely recommend Auberge L'Apero!

Very good hostel. Excellent price, spatial rooms, very clean, the place gets cleaned entirely every day. The location of the hostel is perfect. Staff was very nice. I would recommend this place to everybody.

It's definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. It's really clean to be honest with good service. Will be visiting again!

GREAT HOSTEL!!! The girl in charge was EXCEPTIONALLY friendly and was always making sure everything was great! The bathrooms were nice and clean and the hostel was EXCELLENT value for money! :)

Very convenience place and friendly staff, not just a hostel , more like the home !

• 8th Dec 2013
  • Taiwan

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff is very friendly, especially Julia who helped me a lot and was always so friendly!! The breakfast was very good, I was so happy that they had cornflakes! The beds are very comfortable and like the rooms the bathrooms are very clean. If you visit Montreal, go to this hostel it is worth it! :)

• 5th Dec 2013

Very small and nice Hostel. Stayed only one night, but I enjoyed every minute.

Auberge L'Apero is a great hostel. Actually it was my first time to live in a hostel and I did have a great time there.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

During my hostel stay more than 20 hostels over a decade, this is the cleanest and the brightest hostel, ever. I saw keepers even clean mattresses with sanitizer spray whenever their guests move out. Also clean comforters are the great plus as I hate itchy licey wool blanket. Unisex bath rooms are also clean which means guests try to keep them clean as well. Above all the price is really attractive. $17 breakfast and 24/7 tea and coffee included—just amazing deal! Highly recommended.

• 25th Nov 2013