Auberge L'Apero

8.5
Fabulous 1152 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017

Friendly staff and nice facilities. Good value!

Thanks for staying with Auberge L'Apero. We're very happy to see you enjoyed your time in Montreal. Wishing you safe travels and all the best. -Loz (manager)

16th Mar 2017
7.1

It seemed like most of the guests were staying there long-term, either working there or just moved in for a while. I think they got pretty comfortable. There was huge baggage and stuff like hampers taking up a lot of space in my room. People talked loudly on their phones and played music as if it wouldn't bother anyone else. But the hostel itself is nice. Location is great, WiFi is good, and ensuite bathrooms were nice (if you caught them when they were clean). After hours check-in was easy.

First of all, thanks for staying with Auberge L'Apero. You are correct in that we have quite a few guests who enjoy the hostel so much they have made it their long-term home for now. We will endeavor to make sure they are not taking up too much room. We also apologize for the rudeness of some of out guests. During the last two days we had two new guests check into the hostel, about whom we have received many complaints from other guests concerning being too loud in the room. They have been asked to leave the Auberge and are now checked out for good. We hope that your next visit will be more pleasant. In the meantime we will rectify the problems you have brought to light. Kind regards, and wishing you safe travels for the future!

2nd Mar 2017

I love this place, is right next to the metro station and few streets away from ste Catherine st. This was not my first stay here, everytime I come to Montreal I choose this Hostal. I would recommend to anyone, even without considering that is really affordable!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
1st Mar 2017
7.1

Great location, matress really uncomfortable, you guys have to change them. Going to bed; freezing in the room, then 28° during the night...

Hi Marilyn, We regret that you found our bedding less that satisfactory. Indeed these bunk bed frames play host to hundreds of ppl per month, and so they can become "worse for wear" over time. I have noted your complaint and have performed maintenance on the frames to bring them back to standard. Concerning room temperatures, Our building is thermostat controlled and we generally keep it at approximately 22 degrees Celsius. However, since reasonable individuals will often differ in their preferred temperature (due to their own metabolism and general health), ideal temperatures can often be a bit of a juggling act - trying to reach a mid-ground between guest's wishes. Upon receiving requests to make rooms hotter/colder we are happy to adjust the thermostat accordingly, but this is a never ending battle, so to speak. We hope to host you again in the future, and we certainly hope you will appreciate the changes we have made in accordance with your reviews. Until next time, we wish you kind regards & safe travels for the future, Auberge L'apero Manager (loz)

• USA, Female, 25-30
22nd Feb 2017
7.7

Spent 4 nights in the six bed female room. Great location, big spacious lockers with keys, good number of clean bathrooms. But you get what you pay for with the amenities. The sheets were threadbare and my fitted sheet kept slipping off the thin, uncomfortable, plastic exterior mattress. The pillow was well worn too, one of those really cheap IKEA types with all the stuffing balled up in odd spots. The kitchen and upstairs common room could use a thorough cleaning. All in all, decent for the $$.

Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a review!

• denaebeuker3453
  • Canada, Couple, 25-30
11th Feb 2017
7.7

Location was good, right off St. Catharine's St. Mattress was very worn and thin, making for an uncomfortable sleep. When I took a shower the water was either freezing cold or scalding hot so I had to stand off to the side and splash very hot water onto myself. If I had to wash my hair I don't know how I would have done it without burning my scalp.

Dear guest, thank you for the feedback. We are sorry about your experience with the mattress; we're currently replacing a number of them and this shouldn't happen again. In regards to the showers, I have to say that it's a first time we hear this complaint. Perhaps it was user error in this case as I have not had difficulty getting warm water out of our 5 showers. Kind regards, Manager

29th Jan 2017
6.6

Stayed here for 2 nights. Located close to a busy street right in center of city. Staff was super lazy in showing me the facilities and it looked like he was just passing time. Bed didn't have a sheet and I was given a bag with a sheet to make my own bed. Totally lame ! Bathroom is super tiny. I mean even for an average person you can't reach your leg without hitting the wall. Didn't see any hostel activities. Breakfast is a joke. A bunch of bread bags. I don't recommend this place at all.

Dear guest, thank you for your review! While we don't agree with all your comments about our hostel; we will certainly take into considerations some points.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Jan 2017

This hostel was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted an inexpensive place to stay that was close to a variety of local places to eat and drink. The Auberge L'Apero is minutes walking distance from so many great local bars and restaurants. It is also not too far of a walk from Mont Royal and a lookout over the city. The facilities are all you would need in a hostel--bed, clean sheets, free breakfast, and plenty of bathrooms. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear guest, thank you so much for taking the time to rate and comment on our hostel :)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
24th Jan 2017

Great hostel, and very good customer service. I was able to check in and out by myself during my quick layover in MTL. The rooms overlap though, so like your room of 8 is connected to another room of 8. So really its more like a room of 16, but like whatever.

• Canada, Female, 41+
18th Jan 2017

I come back here again because the owner, staff and clientele are all friendly and respectful. For a very low rate, there is a clean relatively quiet place to sleep, good company and even a tasty self-serve breadfast. Best to book ahead if you don't want to always end up on the top bunk :)

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!