Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

A perfectly fine place to stay, not amazing, not terrible. The only really silly thing was the guy at the check in desk holding out on giving me my key because he didn't have enough change to give me, meaning he would lose 4 cents. Four cents!!!

Just stayed one night but will likely return on future trips to Montreal. Close to a metro and the Bell Centre. Friendly staff. Was in a 6 bed dorm, and a goodly-sized locker with lock was provided along with the room key. Felt safe and welcome. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

compared to price, it was good!

Almost perfect! Great people, great facilities, great location! One more bathroom would be welcome though.

• 17th Sep 2014

Your staff is quite dry and non-friendly, even to the point of ruddiness. While I was there for a night only, I had considered staying, but the guy in the overnight shift made sure I changed my mind! Also, your pictures on the website might correspond to some higher-valued rooms, but I was left to sleep in the first level of the place, where they are quite uncomfortable. Not even the towels are included? There is no reason to stay there again.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

I apologize for our staff's behavior! I assure you that this isn't our usual standard! I will have a talk with this staff him about this. As for the photographs, they represent the actual rooms, there is no fallacy here so I don't understand this criticism. As for the room not being comfortable, I would have liked to know what specifically was uncomfortable for you.

A nice place to stay, not too big, not too small!

• 1st Sep 2014

I've been to within 9days. This hostel made me feel very comfortable and all of staffs very friendly. (Specially the boss was cool guy.) Personal locker is quite big. that was very useful. Bad thing was... I lost my 2 bottles of beer by the fridge. that was must be little bit bad. But that was not big dill. There was a lot of very good peoples coming there. So, sometimes they just give some beer or other foods gave for me. If I will visit montreal again then I will choose this hostel again :)

Great place, just go!

• 28th Aug 2014

Very good hostel in convenient location with very nice staff. Price includes breakfast and hot drinks. Lockers are OK.

The only issue with this awesome awesome (did I mention awesome?) hostel is that your front desk NEEDS to be open 24 hours. Or at the very least it should be open from 8 am - 2 am. My girlfriend got to the hostel at around 1am and there was no one to open the door for her and the staff was very unhappy about coming down to help her open the door. I understand 1am is late, but the hours truly need to be extended.

• 6th Aug 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. Let me clarify, we do have a great system that allows guests to checkin after opening hours. What happened here instead is that this guest, who was waiting for her friend's late arrival, agreed with the frontdesk staff to wait for her and help her in, which unfortunately didn't happen.

Great location and price!

• 3rd Aug 2014

Our first encounter in the hostel was a little rough. We had traveled all night and wanted a little rest and got kicked out of the common room, after we told the manager we were arriving at 8am. If we knew we would have been treated like this. I would have paid the extra money for the night before. Then a bed and keys would have been waiting for us. After this, I loved the hostel. Nice bathrooms. Lockers with locks provided. No curfew. Perfect for the Osheaga getaway!

• 30th Jul 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings about your stay. I would like to clarify this situation though. I didn't "kick" those guests out of the living room, I simply asked that they not use all the couches in the living room as their bedroom; it's not fair to the other 30 guests who might want to use the facilities in the living room and adjoining terrace.

realy very good. Nice location and staff and price.

Great hostel with great price.

• 25th Jul 2014

Its a great hostel to stay in whilst in Montreal! its close to the metro and bus stations that can take you everywhere and also close to old montreal. Definately worth visiting.

Amazing hostel. Very simple with everything we need when we´re traveling.

It was an excellent stay, better than I expected. I would absolutely recommend this to other people.

• 16th Jul 2014

One of the cleanest hostel we have ever stayed at. Nice breakfast with a lot of different cereals, toast, jam... Lockers are available. Very close to City Center and St. Catherine st. At the arrival, staff seemed very stressed and unfriendly. We missed the nice atmosphere a little bit.

Very relaxed and open place, other residents are eager to meet and swap stories. Was invited to a language event by one resident where I could practice my French, it was great! The hostel is in the downtown area just off St. Catherine street. There's a metro station nearby though that could take you to other areas. Free lockers and Wi-Fi was much appreciated! The outside is a little underwhelming and hard to find. It's connected to a Chinese restaurant. Right on the corner of Mackay and an alley

I had a GREAT time in this hostel: the staff is wonderful, it's all about laughing and having a good time. Then, the people staying there is amazing as well, in just for days, I made some friends and they even took me out for some drinks. The location is awesome, just half a minute away from the shops and restaurants street, you can basically walk to a lot of the main places and it's pretty close to Metro. Everything is SUPER clean, breakfast is included. I will go back if I go to Montreal again