8.8
Fabulous 1,015 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1,015 Total Reviews
Auberge L'Apero Located at 1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal.
Canada
Montreal Quebec H3G 2H6 1425 Mackay, Suite 2
88% 1015
45.4962252 -73.5773706
    Rooms available

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
31st Mar 2016
7.1

I was satisfied with my stay but I would not stay at the hostel again. The first night I was there they gave us the wrong entry code, so at 1:00 AM we were panicking that we were not going to be able to get to our beds that night. Eventually someone came, but it was still frustrating. In addition, while sleeping another patron came into our room and stood at the foot of bed then left. We had reserved all four beds in a four-bed room, so this occurrence was very offsetting.

Dear guest, thanks so much for sharing your experience. We are very sorry for the issue with the door code. As a note, we have an intercom available at the front-door accessible 24h for such situations. In regards to the patron in your room, we have identified the person and he was confused about the room, happens to recently arrived guests. We are very sorry again for these and hope you can give us a chance again :)

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
31st Mar 2016
7.7

Great place to stay for cheap (money wise). However the staff was not very friendly. Some of the time it seemed like we were bothering them or annoying them with simple questions/requests.

Dear guest, we thank you for sharing your experience. We are truly sorry for your experience with the staff in question. We have since hired 2 new enthusiastic receptionist! We hope you give us a chance again in the future. Thanks.

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Mar 2016

Perks include coffee and tea all day, complimentary breakfast (cereal and toast), and single bathrooms. It was also easy to make friends since I was traveling solo.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero :) We're glad you enjoyed the hostel experience!

• China, Female, 31-40
20th Feb 2016

Good atmosphere ! Friendly people! Will come again!

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience, hope you stay again with us :)

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
18th Feb 2016

My friends and I would like to thank the kind staff who were very accommodating to us. Upon arrival, Haviar checked us in and provided us with all the means necessary. Overall, the hostel maintained excellent cleanliness throughout our stay which made our experience that much greater. Thanks Auberge L'Apero!

Dear Guest, thanks so much for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero! I will make sure to let him know of your appreciations :) Hope to see you again next time you are in Montreal.

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Feb 2016

We had a wonderful time at Auberge L'Apero. The hostel is very nice as are the people there.

Hi and thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero :)

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2016

A lovely hostel, the staff are super friendly and made sure to invite me out and make me feel at home. A great location with the metro nearby as well as plenty of bars and places to eat. Only criticism would be that I was not made aware that they do not have an oven, which proved an issue when I bought food specifically for cooking in an oven. But overall a wonderful stay and I would definitely return.

Dear guest, thanks so much for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero! We are indeed located close to 2 subway lines making getting around a breeze. We apologize for the oven, we will put a sign so this won't happen again :) Hope to see you again.

8th Feb 2016
6.0

The hostel is very good, clean and well located, but it seems that there are some people living there what is uncomfortable for the tourists because they occupied all common spaces. ( the kitchen for example there was no space to store things.) The security need to be improved , there are nobody available in the reception after 8:00pm.

Dear guest, first of all thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm sorry you felt there wasn't enough space for you; we try to offer enough seating for but sometimes (on cold days especially!) a lot of people stay in and it could feel crowded. In regards to space in the kitchen, again the fridge could be fuller at peak time, we apologize for the inconvenience of this. Let me clarify about the security aspect: yes the front desk closes at 8PM but 4 member of our staff live on site as well as there are cameras that are monitored so nothing to fear :) Hope to have a chance to host you again.

7th Jan 2016

Maria was awesome, Jermaine was awesome, Javier was awesome, the entire staff was awesome.

Dear guest, this is awesome! We're all grateful you shared your great experience at Auberge L'Apero and hope you will be back :)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Jan 2016

It was hard to find! I walked past it like 3 times. To find it look for the numbers on the building not the name. It also has a Chinese restaurant at the bottom of it. I enjoyed my stay and the staff were friendly

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero. Our signage is indeed modest. As you mentioned, the address is quite visible so that's one way to find us. Thanks again for coming and hope to see you again!