Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Great value for money with the free breakfast, wifi that works well throughout the hostel, and comfortable accommodations. My one critique would be the almost complete absence of outlets in the rooms for phone charging, hair drying and whatnot. Some of the lower bunks had them, but that meant the top bunks couldn't use them and there weren't any other outlets in the room either.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing you experience! We do have a solid Wifi system that is strong in all areas. In regards to the outlets, we apologize that you didn't find there were enough outlets. As a note, there are a total of 3 outlets in the dorm in question. Hope to see you again!

it was very hard for me to lug my suitcase up three flights of steps.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Andorra

Dear guest, we apologize for this inconvenience; we are located in a small historic brownstone and as such lack elevators. On your next visit I will certainly help you with this if you choose to come again.

Just 2 comments: the hot and cold taps in one of the showers were switched (so turning the knob for cold resulted in hot water and vice versa), might be a good idea to notify guests. Also, the lockers were a bit ineffective as it was possible to open them without turning the key.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Dear guest, we'd like to thanks you for bringing up these points to our attention. In regards to the shower, some are marked using french nomenclature which can sometimes confuse non-french speakers. In regards to the lockers, we did notice that your locker had a weakness so we fixed it after your departure. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a chance to serve you better in the future.

The hostel was clean, safe, and a nice environment. It is right next to the metro and is a short ride away from downtown. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 27th Jun 2015

Dear guest, thanks for noticing our cleanliness! We are also indeed located close to the subway and are in downtown :) Hope to see you again :)

I recommend you that hostel very much. It is three minutes from the main street (Ste-Catherine).

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff was very friendly and they gave me a tour of the place as well! The beds are quite comfy although getting the sheets on the top bunk was a bit of work. The only recommendation would be to have the a/c vents working. It was noisy and I felt sorry for the lady who slept next to it.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) The AC vents work in all the dorms, but in some we have a supplemental unit available for guests who want extra cooling. The guests can start/stop the unit at any time :) Hope to see you again.

beautiful place to rest your torso

Hostel was decent, not the best hostel Ive been in though. There were a lot of stairs.

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) Indeed there are about 12 steps to get up to the main floor :)

Everything was great here and everything worked well. The staff was also very helpful. All I can is great place w great value! Highly recommended!!

Many thanks, hope to see you again!

Fun & friendly, thanks to all the staff, un clin d œil aux frenchies, a bientôt :) :) :)

• 14th May 2015

The hostel was small, but clean and everything I needed. Breakfast was cereal and toast and better quality than many motel breakfasts I've had. I did have a hard time finding the hostel the first time because I was looking for a whole building , but maybe that's good for security. Staff were very helpful and I was able to store my backpack for the day after I checked out.

• 3rd May 2015

Best hostel I've ever seen! It's definitely not the nicest house from the outside- but when you step in side: awesome! Everything is clean, stuff is friendly, great facilities (bathroom, kitchen, living room) I'll definitly come back!:)

We humbly accept "best hostel" you bestowed upon us :) See you soon!

Very centrally located, a block from Guy-Concordia Métro station and steps from Rue Ste-Catherine. Very clean hostel and very quiet. Do remember to bring towels, unless you wish to pay $1 for towel rental. Laundry facilities onsite. Fast WiFi connection. Toast & cereal & coffee/tea for breakfast. The only thing that can change is the lights for the rooms. There is only one ceiling lamp and it is bright! So when someone comes back late and turns on the light, you'll wake up! :(

Dear guest, Thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero! We're always pleased when someone notices the hard work we put into making it a great hostel. In regards to the light, we understand how it must feel so we will soon change the light fixture to be more discreet. Thanks again and hope to see you again,

Very excellent!

Everyone was very welcoming, and the facilities were extremely well maintained.

• 14th Mar 2015

Thanks for sharing your experience, see you next time :)

Location is good and central but outside has no signage and shares the entrance with a Chinese restaurant Had to wait a while to be buzzed in. Also, everyone has to remove shoes at door and feet were very cold as a result, yet the staff wore sneakers inside the hostel! Not cool.

Dear guest, We are happy to hear that our central Montreal location pleased you :) In regards to the signage, we apologize if it isn't visible enough; we're located in a centennial brownstone so because of this we have to be modest about the signage. We do require guests to remove their outdoor shoes, it's a custom in Canada as the wet snow that clings to the shoes would make the floors unclean. We do however allow guests (and staff) to wear indoor shoes. Hope you can come again!