Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Location is good and central but outside has no signage and shares the entrance with a Chinese restaurant Had to wait a while to be buzzed in. Also, everyone has to remove shoes at door and feet were very cold as a result, yet the staff wore sneakers inside the hostel! Not cool.

Great hostel in a great central location. However it was really weird seeing everyone in the hostel.... being a resident of Montreal rather than travellers.

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our location and hostel! Just as a note, not everyone is from Montreal, that isn't correct :)

I like to be in this hostal....Its perfect For the price.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Thanks for sharing your feedback :)

very nice staff. they are always trying to find a solution for your problems and concerns. thanks for the host!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Thanks for sharing!

great place, great staff

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Israel

Overall a very pleasant stay very clean, well-kept, and pleasant, however I have a few comments: -upon arrival one of our lockers was broken, were promised it fixed by the morning, it never happened -when free coffee was advertised I was expecting a coffee maker, but it was a bland instant variety, tasted expired -poor signage on the front door meant we had a very difficult time finding the place on our first night, we drove by 6 times and ended up having to get out and walk to find it

• 19th Dec 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your comments, it is a pleasure to know you enjoyed and noticed our clean facilities. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you encountered with the locker, it was fixed the same day but no one came to pickup the repaired key. It is a shame that our coffee did not meet your expectations. We go to great lengths to provide our guests with a variety of food and drink options to satisfy their every need and will inquire. We hope to welcome you again!

The staff amazing! Paul was great! The people staying there are amazing! Great place to connect with people and enjoy your stay in Montreal. Great location! I will definitely come back to Auberge L'Apero when I am back in town.

Couldn't ask for a better location and price. I live in Quebec City, travel down for exams and it's perfect for a short stay. You won't find anything else located downtown for such a reasonable price. Thanks

• 28th Nov 2014

Overall great place, just one problem: I was looking to get a towel to shower on Sunday morning, waited over an hour for someone to appear, and by 10am, as there was still no one, ended up making due with my pillow case and paper towel in the washroom to dry up after the shower. Sure, I should have perhaps gotten the towel the day before, but still, you would think that by 10am there would be someone to help out. (Note: towels cost $1 and are behind a locked door).

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. In regards to the towel, we open at noon (12:00) on Sundays, this is indicated on the booking confirmation, frontdoor and frontdesk. And yes, the towels are behind a locked door because otherwise, as experience has shown us, quite a few guests did take them without paying.

A perfectly fine place to stay, not amazing, not terrible. The only really silly thing was the guy at the check in desk holding out on giving me my key because he didn't have enough change to give me, meaning he would lose 4 cents. Four cents!!!

Sorry for this, it does sound a silly thing to do but I will inquire about this!

Just stayed one night but will likely return on future trips to Montreal. Close to a metro and the Bell Centre. Friendly staff. Was in a 6 bed dorm, and a goodly-sized locker with lock was provided along with the room key. Felt safe and welcome. Would definitely recommend.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

compared to price, it was good!

This hostel is well hidden on a busy street, but inside it is quiet, clean and comfortable. I had the great luck to find polite staff, helpful co-travelers, breakfast and a very good wifi-connection. A reasonable sized room that offered a good space for sleeping and privacy. I certainly would stay there again.

Almost perfect! Great people, great facilities, great location! One more bathroom would be welcome though.

• 17th Sep 2014

Your staff is quite dry and non-friendly, even to the point of ruddiness. While I was there for a night only, I had considered staying, but the guy in the overnight shift made sure I changed my mind! Also, your pictures on the website might correspond to some higher-valued rooms, but I was left to sleep in the first level of the place, where they are quite uncomfortable. Not even the towels are included? There is no reason to stay there again.

I apologize for our staff's behavior! I assure you that this isn't our usual standard! I will have a talk with this staff him about this. As for the photographs, they represent the actual rooms, there is no fallacy here so I don't understand this criticism. As for the room not being comfortable, I would have liked to know what specifically was uncomfortable for you.

An overall excellent hostel!

• 5th Sep 2014