Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Awesome value, but the beats squeak a lot keeping you up at night, and some things are broken or unfinished. But all in, the cheapest and best location to a ton of bars and downtown!

• 20th Aug 2015

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at L'Apero! It's true, some beds do squeak, we're working on a fix! In regards to things being broken, we constantly are fixing and upkeeping the hostel and that entails guests seeing some fixtures temporarily out of service, but it is only for a short time. Thanks and hope to see you again!

Great hostel. Arrived afterhours and the self check-in was very easy. Great location and very nice, helpful staff. Only complaint was that the room was uncomfortably hot being on the upper floors of a building during a hot summer night. Would still return nonetheless!

Dear guest, thanks for noticing our excellent location! I will relay your praise to the staff as well :) In regards to the temperature, the rooms are kept at 23 to 24.5 celcius. See you again :)

I met a lot of great people here and it was just a very chilled out atmosphere. The staff were helpful and also laid back. It also helped that there was a pretty good bunch of people staying in the hostel while I was there. That improved my stay a lot.

• 13th Aug 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at L'Apero :) Hope to see you again!

Fantastic stay here, place was well kept and in a great location. Steps from the metro line and Crescent st. which has a lively night life. Came for Osheaga 2015, as did most guests. Rooms were air conditioned and guests were respectful of others. Small kitchenette for cooking upstairs.

• 31st Jul 2015

Very plain hostel. Nothing special. But it's in a good location at a reasonable price. Would recommend.

• 29th Jul 2015

Great value for money with the free breakfast, wifi that works well throughout the hostel, and comfortable accommodations. My one critique would be the almost complete absence of outlets in the rooms for phone charging, hair drying and whatnot. Some of the lower bunks had them, but that meant the top bunks couldn't use them and there weren't any other outlets in the room either.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing you experience! We do have a solid Wifi system that is strong in all areas. In regards to the outlets, we apologize that you didn't find there were enough outlets. As a note, there are a total of 3 outlets in the dorm in question. Hope to see you again!

it was very hard for me to lug my suitcase up three flights of steps.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Andorra

Dear guest, we apologize for this inconvenience; we are located in a small historic brownstone and as such lack elevators. On your next visit I will certainly help you with this if you choose to come again.

Just 2 comments: the hot and cold taps in one of the showers were switched (so turning the knob for cold resulted in hot water and vice versa), might be a good idea to notify guests. Also, the lockers were a bit ineffective as it was possible to open them without turning the key.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Dear guest, we'd like to thanks you for bringing up these points to our attention. In regards to the shower, some are marked using french nomenclature which can sometimes confuse non-french speakers. In regards to the lockers, we did notice that your locker had a weakness so we fixed it after your departure. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a chance to serve you better in the future.

The hostel was clean, safe, and a nice environment. It is right next to the metro and is a short ride away from downtown. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 27th Jun 2015

Dear guest, thanks for noticing our cleanliness! We are also indeed located close to the subway and are in downtown :) Hope to see you again :)

I recommend you that hostel very much. It is three minutes from the main street (Ste-Catherine).

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff was very friendly and they gave me a tour of the place as well! The beds are quite comfy although getting the sheets on the top bunk was a bit of work. The only recommendation would be to have the a/c vents working. It was noisy and I felt sorry for the lady who slept next to it.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) The AC vents work in all the dorms, but in some we have a supplemental unit available for guests who want extra cooling. The guests can start/stop the unit at any time :) Hope to see you again.

beautiful place to rest your torso

Hostel was decent, not the best hostel Ive been in though. There were a lot of stairs.

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) Indeed there are about 12 steps to get up to the main floor :)

Everything was great here and everything worked well. The staff was also very helpful. All I can is great place w great value! Highly recommended!!

Many thanks, hope to see you again!

Fun & friendly, thanks to all the staff, un clin d œil aux frenchies, a bientôt :) :) :)

• 14th May 2015

The hostel was small, but clean and everything I needed. Breakfast was cereal and toast and better quality than many motel breakfasts I've had. I did have a hard time finding the hostel the first time because I was looking for a whole building , but maybe that's good for security. Staff were very helpful and I was able to store my backpack for the day after I checked out.

• 3rd May 2015

Best hostel I've ever seen! It's definitely not the nicest house from the outside- but when you step in side: awesome! Everything is clean, stuff is friendly, great facilities (bathroom, kitchen, living room) I'll definitly come back!:)

We humbly accept "best hostel" you bestowed upon us :) See you soon!

Very centrally located, a block from Guy-Concordia Métro station and steps from Rue Ste-Catherine. Very clean hostel and very quiet. Do remember to bring towels, unless you wish to pay $1 for towel rental. Laundry facilities onsite. Fast WiFi connection. Toast & cereal & coffee/tea for breakfast. The only thing that can change is the lights for the rooms. There is only one ceiling lamp and it is bright! So when someone comes back late and turns on the light, you'll wake up! :(

Dear guest, Thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero! We're always pleased when someone notices the hard work we put into making it a great hostel. In regards to the light, we understand how it must feel so we will soon change the light fixture to be more discreet. Thanks again and hope to see you again,

Very excellent!

Everyone was very welcoming, and the facilities were extremely well maintained.

• 14th Mar 2015

Thanks for sharing your experience, see you next time :)