Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Great place and splendid people.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Perfect and exelent hostel! Excellent staff - very friendly and funny guys :-) and very convenient location. Polina.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Russia

The manager/owner was fantastic. He took so much trouble to put the 6 of us together, gave us lots of useful tips on sightseeing and travelling in Montreal. We had an early bus to catch the next morning and his equally helpful assistant was up early just to get us breakfast! Though not a cooked one the breakfast was very good and a great start for the day, The place was very clean and the bathroom-cum-toilet is definitely a deal breaker. It's a no brainer. When in Montreal, just stay here!!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

I appreciate very much your time to share your experience at L'Apero, hope to see you all again!

It was my first time staying in a hostel by myself so I was extremely nervous, but Auberge L'Apero, although quite small, felt very safe and was in a very convenient location (near Guy-Concordia Station and walking distance to Mont Royal). Although some of the other guests were quite loud the first night, it was not a problem the other nights (I guess it just depends on the kind of people staying there at the time). Overall, it was a great first time experience staying in a hostel by myself.

Nice little hostel with good facilities. Friendly staff and other fellow travelers. Great value for money. Has a homely vibe to it.

Very nice. Breakfast was not there in morning, but seems that is not the norm as others who stayed other nights were surprised too. Nice rooms and common areas. Individual lockers with locks for each person. Provided us a map and recommend places to go.

• 26th May 2014

We apologize for this! We were training a new staff and this happened, we're really sorry about this and it didnt happen since :)

I had a great time and was very comfortable in Auberge L'Apero. Thanks!

• 25th May 2014

This was an excellent location downtown and everyone was very kind!

• 25th May 2014

Good value for money hostel located in downtown Montreal; 5 mins walk from Guy-Concordia subway. Friendly and helpful staff who were happy to help you navigate around town. Dorm rooms and washrooms were clean, basic kitchen to cook, lockers provided for free in each dorm room - bonus! Would recommend staying here.

• 24th May 2014

Cleanest hostel I has ever stayed at, best atmosphere! Would highly recommend!

• 22nd May 2014

Location is good close to metro, a lot of food restaurants near the hostel, room and bathroom is very clean.

Nice staff, good breakfast, hairdrier. The bathrooms are cleaned every guest shower. Very good location, nerby stores, bars, university, public transportation and bike lanes.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Only complaint is that the windows in the room I was in were very small and it got stuffy at night. Otherwise, immaculate, good kitchen facilities and common area, helpful staff, and a nice, mellow vibe.

Thanks for the nice comments! I'd just like to say that we do have air conditionning in the rooms but sometimes other guests in the room turn it off. In this case just notify us and we'll fix this right away!

Friendly staff, good atmosphere.

• 1st May 2014

Auberge l'apero is one of the best hostels I stayed in. When I returned the staff still remembered my name. I felt like home! The location next to the university is great. To walk around in the city or to go for a run up parc mount royal, both is easy to reach. The kitchen is small but you find everything you need. The common room is very comfy - tv and dvd is offered. The mixture of people staying there was brilliant. We had lots of fun together! I would return to the hostel for sure.

Had an amazing time in the hostel Auberge L'Apero. Since the staff is so friendly and the hostel itself quite small the atmosphere is really homey and familial. The small and cosy kitchen and living room make it easy to get in touch with the other people staying there and its just like you're sharing a flat with some people, not staying in a hostel. Free breakfast, computer use and tee/coffee all day made it even more enjoyable.

• 24th Apr 2014