Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

I had a good time here; nice facilities, and the clerk was really helpful in letting me dry my clothes after i'd gotten stuck outside in the rain for a couple of hours. my favorite thing is that they provided free lockers. the only thing i didn't like, though, was that this really isn't the kind of place to get a good rest; a group of people carried on in the common area until 2 or 3, which was right near my room, but i guess that's half the fun of staying at a hostel.

Thanks for the nice feedback :) I'd just like to point out that it isn't habitual for there to be noise in the common room so late and we apologize about this. We do have several rooms in the hostel which aren't adjacent to the common room.

They have clean and very nice looking rooms. The location is perfect, right next to St Catherine and Concordia U so there are many great places as well as restaurants around there. The staff is there, but they're not very helpful.

Nice hostel in Montreal, the staff are friendly and helpful also when being a nuisance and having to keep changing reservation. The hostel is really clean and seems to be a high priority. Lacking in some atmosphere but suitable if you want to get your head down.

Our stay was wonderful! We came up for Nuit Blanche, and the hostel was the perfect location. It was a few blocks away so we were able to explore outside the festival on our way to/from, but it was less than 10 minutes walk. The room and bathrooms were very clean. They had a basket of random suggestions to do - we pulled out exploring the underground city and loved it. I probably won't be back to montreal (too cold) but if I did, I would definitely stay here again!

• 1st Mar 2014

I've been to many hostels, but this is definitly the best I ever stayed at. The price is great for what you get, the atmosphere is simply nice, you get everywhere fast, people are so kind but not in an overwided way. Whenever I can be in Montréal again, I would go there again. I have fallen in love with the Auberge l'Apero - thank you so much for everything!

Best hostel stay ever, and fantastic staff! We love Julia, and everyone was very kind!

• 19th Feb 2014

I think this Hostel is your perfect, good price nice place, if they expand it for more people it would be even better

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Great location downtown, and quite clean. The oven in the kitchen wasn't working, as well as one of the toilets, but that happens. My biggest complaint would have been noise. A bunch of guys decided to party in the reception area, and they might as well have been in the room because there is no sound-proofing.

Just to address some of these mentions: one of our toilets is just slow but it isn't broken. The oven is purposely disabled for safety reasons as there have been incidents. All the burners do work fine.

I booked this hostel for myself and two friends to see a concert in January, and none of us were particularly familiar with Montreal. The location was fantastic, really close to the subway and rue Ste. Catherine. We never ate the breakfast at the hostel but it was included in the price which was great; the linens were also included. Shower was really clean and less like a "hostel" shower than other ones I've stayed in (more like a home!). Beds were surprisingly super comfy.

• 31st Jan 2014