Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Good value for money hostel located in downtown Montreal; 5 mins walk from Guy-Concordia subway. Friendly and helpful staff who were happy to help you navigate around town. Dorm rooms and washrooms were clean, basic kitchen to cook, lockers provided for free in each dorm room - bonus! Would recommend staying here.

• 24th May 2014

Cleanest hostel I has ever stayed at, best atmosphere! Would highly recommend!

• 22nd May 2014

Location is good close to metro, a lot of food restaurants near the hostel, room and bathroom is very clean.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Only complaint is that the windows in the room I was in were very small and it got stuffy at night. Otherwise, immaculate, good kitchen facilities and common area, helpful staff, and a nice, mellow vibe.

Thanks for the nice comments! I'd just like to say that we do have air conditionning in the rooms but sometimes other guests in the room turn it off. In this case just notify us and we'll fix this right away!

Friendly staff, good atmosphere.

• 1st May 2014

Auberge l'apero is one of the best hostels I stayed in. When I returned the staff still remembered my name. I felt like home! The location next to the university is great. To walk around in the city or to go for a run up parc mount royal, both is easy to reach. The kitchen is small but you find everything you need. The common room is very comfy - tv and dvd is offered. The mixture of people staying there was brilliant. We had lots of fun together! I would return to the hostel for sure.

Had an amazing time in the hostel Auberge L'Apero. Since the staff is so friendly and the hostel itself quite small the atmosphere is really homey and familial. The small and cosy kitchen and living room make it easy to get in touch with the other people staying there and its just like you're sharing a flat with some people, not staying in a hostel. Free breakfast, computer use and tee/coffee all day made it even more enjoyable.

• 24th Apr 2014

Paul was a true gentleman and the perfect host upon making you feel at home and showing you were all the amenities were to be found. The rest of the staff was also friendly, cooperative but never overbearing. The cleaning was constant and the hostel seems to attract a very pleasant element. Further, the kitchen area is also quite well prepared so that you can continue your diet on the road and eat the foods that make you feel even more at home. EXCELLENT !

Wow thanks so much :)

I had a good time here; nice facilities, and the clerk was really helpful in letting me dry my clothes after i'd gotten stuck outside in the rain for a couple of hours. my favorite thing is that they provided free lockers. the only thing i didn't like, though, was that this really isn't the kind of place to get a good rest; a group of people carried on in the common area until 2 or 3, which was right near my room, but i guess that's half the fun of staying at a hostel.

Thanks for the nice feedback :) I'd just like to point out that it isn't habitual for there to be noise in the common room so late and we apologize about this. We do have several rooms in the hostel which aren't adjacent to the common room.

They have clean and very nice looking rooms. The location is perfect, right next to St Catherine and Concordia U so there are many great places as well as restaurants around there. The staff is there, but they're not very helpful.

Nice hostel in Montreal, the staff are friendly and helpful also when being a nuisance and having to keep changing reservation. The hostel is really clean and seems to be a high priority. Lacking in some atmosphere but suitable if you want to get your head down.

1 2 Next » last »