Auberge L'Apero Reviews

1425 Mackay, Suite 2, Montreal, Canada

Great value for money with the free breakfast, wifi that works well throughout the hostel, and comfortable accommodations. My one critique would be the almost complete absence of outlets in the rooms for phone charging, hair drying and whatnot. Some of the lower bunks had them, but that meant the top bunks couldn't use them and there weren't any other outlets in the room either.

Dear guest, thanks for sharing you experience! We do have a solid Wifi system that is strong in all areas. In regards to the outlets, we apologize that you didn't find there were enough outlets. As a note, there are a total of 3 outlets in the dorm in question. Hope to see you again!

it was very hard for me to lug my suitcase up three flights of steps.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Andorra

Dear guest, we apologize for this inconvenience; we are located in a small historic brownstone and as such lack elevators. On your next visit I will certainly help you with this if you choose to come again.

Just 2 comments: the hot and cold taps in one of the showers were switched (so turning the knob for cold resulted in hot water and vice versa), might be a good idea to notify guests. Also, the lockers were a bit ineffective as it was possible to open them without turning the key.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Dear guest, we'd like to thanks you for bringing up these points to our attention. In regards to the shower, some are marked using french nomenclature which can sometimes confuse non-french speakers. In regards to the lockers, we did notice that your locker had a weakness so we fixed it after your departure. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a chance to serve you better in the future.

The hostel was clean, safe, and a nice environment. It is right next to the metro and is a short ride away from downtown. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 27th Jun 2015

Dear guest, thanks for noticing our cleanliness! We are also indeed located close to the subway and are in downtown :) Hope to see you again :)

I recommend you that hostel very much. It is three minutes from the main street (Ste-Catherine).

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel! The staff was very friendly and they gave me a tour of the place as well! The beds are quite comfy although getting the sheets on the top bunk was a bit of work. The only recommendation would be to have the a/c vents working. It was noisy and I felt sorry for the lady who slept next to it.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) The AC vents work in all the dorms, but in some we have a supplemental unit available for guests who want extra cooling. The guests can start/stop the unit at any time :) Hope to see you again.

beautiful place to rest your torso

Hostel was decent, not the best hostel Ive been in though. There were a lot of stairs.

Thanks for sharing your impression of our hostel :) Indeed there are about 12 steps to get up to the main floor :)

Everything was great here and everything worked well. The staff was also very helpful. All I can is great place w great value! Highly recommended!!

Many thanks, hope to see you again!

1 2 Next » last »