Auberge La Source Reviews

Village Hassi labiad, Village Hassi labiad, Merzouga, Morocco

Highlight of my holiday in Morocco. The owner & his family were very nice & really took care of me. Emailing me with details & different options where I could decide when I arrived. He picked me up at the bus station. The room, indoor & outdoor areas, & Swimming Pool were all great. The food is excellent, all meals very generous & different each day. I loved the trip on a camel & overnight in the desert. I stayed an extra day for the jeep tour. Arrive by car or bus, this place is great.

The Staff at La Source goes out of the way to make sure you are comfortable and happy. We are a couple and at first thought of skipping the desert because or seemed like a lot of travel time and unknowns, but La Source picks you up from your bus! The moment we arrived in Merzouga we were taken care of. The desert tour was very affordable (25 euro per person) and amazing. And there is a clean, cool pool. There is nowhere else to stay in Merzouga, best Sahara tours, great people amazing food!

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at in my life.

One of the most amazing places to stay in morocco, Hassan and his brothers were extremely accomodating, always happy to help with any of our needs and make our trip special. The desert trek is very well priced and one the best experiences I've had travelling yet, not to miss! This is definitely the place to stay when travelling to Merzouga!

Very friendly host. He fetched us up at the busstop at 5:45 in the morning. Good meal! Very relaxed atmosphere. Excellent price for what you get!

MUST STAY HERE! I was so pleased with my two nights. I didn't expect much as it was so cheap but we arrived at 7am and they cooked us breakfast, and were always around to make lunch when ever we asked. They really went above above and beyond. Everything was clean, the pool was awesome and location was amazing. The desert trip was great, dinner was very tasty!!! I really can't recommend this hostel enough! Next time I'm in Morocco I'll be staying here for sure. 10/10!!

Hassan and family were incredible. The La Source hostel is out of town in a village but this makes for a better location. Literally walk out straight onto the sand dunes. Stunning. The camel trek was excellent. The facilities in this hostel are great. Clean, hot showers, secure large rooms and they are currently installing a pool too. Thanks La Source for an amazing adventure. Could not recommend more! Brilliant!

Best experience I've had at a hostel! Hassan and his family immediately make you feel welcome, the rooms are massive, the place is gorgeous, and the food is delicious. I did the dromedary one-night with the father of the family, and it was a wonderful night watching the sun set on the Saharan dunes before we tucked into a giant tajine freshly made out in the camp. Breakfast out in the front in the sun should not be missed!

Very cheap - and very good! The location looks very nice (Bedouin style), the rooms are excellent. Even better is the staff, they are so kind, they even gave us the luxury room although we booked the cheapest one. The breakfast is also good for Marroccon standard. It is rather easy to find and located directly next to a typical sand dune. Definitly recommended!

Don't hesitate to contact Mr Hassan by mail, he is a super kind person. His desert tour is the most complete (and best price per activity) I saw, saddly the road was bloqued because of heavy rains and I had to change my route and come by van from Marrakech. If you have time, take a supratour bus (he will grab you in the station) and stay a week (3 in the desert - dont book this days...) in his hostel, you will have a true sahara experience.

Great location, close to Merzouga but less in-your-face-tourist-trap. Literally right in front of the start of Erg Chebbi. The hostel is managed by 4 brothers who are all very friendly and accommodating. Nice rooms and comfortable beds. Great value for money, also with the Sahara tour 2 day trip for just 25 euro per person!

View all Merzouga Bed and Breakfasts