Auberge La Source Reviews

Village Hassi labiad, Village Hassi labiad, Merzouga, Morocco

Hassan and family were incredible. The La Source hostel is out of town in a village but this makes for a better location. Literally walk out straight onto the sand dunes. Stunning. The camel trek was excellent. The facilities in this hostel are great. Clean, hot showers, secure large rooms and they are currently installing a pool too. Thanks La Source for an amazing adventure. Could not recommend more! Brilliant!

Best experience I've had at a hostel! Hassan and his family immediately make you feel welcome, the rooms are massive, the place is gorgeous, and the food is delicious. I did the dromedary one-night with the father of the family, and it was a wonderful night watching the sun set on the Saharan dunes before we tucked into a giant tajine freshly made out in the camp. Breakfast out in the front in the sun should not be missed!

Very cheap - and very good! The location looks very nice (Bedouin style), the rooms are excellent. Even better is the staff, they are so kind, they even gave us the luxury room although we booked the cheapest one. The breakfast is also good for Marroccon standard. It is rather easy to find and located directly next to a typical sand dune. Definitly recommended!

Don't hesitate to contact Mr Hassan by mail, he is a super kind person. His desert tour is the most complete (and best price per activity) I saw, saddly the road was bloqued because of heavy rains and I had to change my route and come by van from Marrakech. If you have time, take a supratour bus (he will grab you in the station) and stay a week (3 in the desert - dont book this days...) in his hostel, you will have a true sahara experience.

Great location, close to Merzouga but less in-your-face-tourist-trap. Literally right in front of the start of Erg Chebbi. The hostel is managed by 4 brothers who are all very friendly and accommodating. Nice rooms and comfortable beds. Great value for money, also with the Sahara tour 2 day trip for just 25 euro per person!

La source was average. Like the other places we stayed the heat didn't really work. The food was good and the view amazing. They organized s morning camel ride into the desert to watch the sunrise. Well worth it.

Best hotel

A very friendly, helpful staff. They arranged tours around the dunes and to the desert, and they pick you up at the bus station. The real treat was when the brothers pulled out drums and guitars for some Berber songs. Nicely appointed rooms and public areas - and an unbeatable view of the dunes.

Amazing place to stay. Right on the Sahara. The family who runs it was so nice, picked us up from the bus station and dropped us off there when we were leaving. They made us amazing breakfasts, lunches and dinner. The camel trek was great, super cheap. Definetly recommend staying here instead of doing an organized tour with an agency

Merzouga is the most fascinating place I've seen in Morocco. Auberge La Source is very nice and located few meters from the desert dunes. The owners are the most friendly and courteous persons that I met on my trip to Morocco. Breakfast and dinner are excellent.

We stayed here for a night then did a two night camel trek. Was had the best time ever. Everything was so well organised, pick up from bus, dinner ready on arrival, super clean room. Staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful. Can't recommend this place enough!!

I really enjoyed our stay there. Just next to the dunes, helpful staff, nice atmosphere. Breakfast was good, dinners special. Rooms are big and have ac, our was with private bathroom.

excellent in all ways

Honestly one of the best hostels I stayed in after a year and a half of traveling. Definitely in the top 5. The view from the terrace and my window was simply stunning. The great dunes of Erg Chebbi only 200 meters away, right there! Great food and a wonderful staff. Very clean, neat, and organized. Great value for your money. Definitely coming here again.

good wifi in room, staff was very friendly and honest, best berber tajine we ate, good tour and communication via email prior to arrival, free pick up from the bus station, good ac in room, location right outside the sand dunes, family was very hospitable and no pressure to purchase any tours

Good ??? Hotel's owner Hassan will ask you with the same question. Actually, it really is a nice place to stay. I just booking a single, but Hassan give me with a double room with air condition without extre charge, and he give me orange juice for free during the period i stay. Thank you Hassan and his brother.

La Source is the best choice for your stay around Merzouga. The guesthouse is located in front of one of the biggest dunes of Erg Chebbie. The friendly staff fullfilled all of our wishes. The best service I have experienced in Morocco. Thank you Said!!!

• 6th May 2013

Excellent time there, nice atmosphere and very friendly staff!

• 2nd May 2013

Great place to spend a few days, relax and get to enjoy the real Moroccan desert. Great value for money. Hassan was a an excellent host and would recommend staying here.

I enjoyed my stay in Auberge La Source very much! Hassan and his family are incredibly hospitable and friendly. They even picked us up from the bus station and it was no problem at all when we told them at our arrival that we wanted to stay two nights at their camp in the desert and we did not have to pay for for the room for these nights then. The trip to the Sahara was amazing, our guide Sayid played music and told jokes and we felt comfortable all the time! Breakfast and WiFi is included.

• 21st Mar 2013