Auberge La Source Reviews

Village Hassi labiad, Village Hassi labiad, Merzouga, Morocco

Amazing place to stay. Right on the Sahara. The family who runs it was so nice, picked us up from the bus station and dropped us off there when we were leaving. They made us amazing breakfasts, lunches and dinner. The camel trek was great, super cheap. Definetly recommend staying here instead of doing an organized tour with an agency

Merzouga is the most fascinating place I've seen in Morocco. Auberge La Source is very nice and located few meters from the desert dunes. The owners are the most friendly and courteous persons that I met on my trip to Morocco. Breakfast and dinner are excellent.

We stayed here for a night then did a two night camel trek. Was had the best time ever. Everything was so well organised, pick up from bus, dinner ready on arrival, super clean room. Staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful. Can't recommend this place enough!!

I really enjoyed our stay there. Just next to the dunes, helpful staff, nice atmosphere. Breakfast was good, dinners special. Rooms are big and have ac, our was with private bathroom.

excellent in all ways

Honestly one of the best hostels I stayed in after a year and a half of traveling. Definitely in the top 5. The view from the terrace and my window was simply stunning. The great dunes of Erg Chebbi only 200 meters away, right there! Great food and a wonderful staff. Very clean, neat, and organized. Great value for your money. Definitely coming here again.

good wifi in room, staff was very friendly and honest, best berber tajine we ate, good tour and communication via email prior to arrival, free pick up from the bus station, good ac in room, location right outside the sand dunes, family was very hospitable and no pressure to purchase any tours

Good ??? Hotel's owner Hassan will ask you with the same question. Actually, it really is a nice place to stay. I just booking a single, but Hassan give me with a double room with air condition without extre charge, and he give me orange juice for free during the period i stay. Thank you Hassan and his brother.

La Source is the best choice for your stay around Merzouga. The guesthouse is located in front of one of the biggest dunes of Erg Chebbie. The friendly staff fullfilled all of our wishes. The best service I have experienced in Morocco. Thank you Said!!!

• 6th May 2013

Excellent time there, nice atmosphere and very friendly staff!

• 2nd May 2013

Great place to spend a few days, relax and get to enjoy the real Moroccan desert. Great value for money. Hassan was a an excellent host and would recommend staying here.

I enjoyed my stay in Auberge La Source very much! Hassan and his family are incredibly hospitable and friendly. They even picked us up from the bus station and it was no problem at all when we told them at our arrival that we wanted to stay two nights at their camp in the desert and we did not have to pay for for the room for these nights then. The trip to the Sahara was amazing, our guide Sayid played music and told jokes and we felt comfortable all the time! Breakfast and WiFi is included.

• 21st Mar 2013

I booked the hostel 1 day before arrival and mailed twice asking for pickup, but never got reply, so I had to call for confirmation. But the hostel is quite amazing, not only for the free pickup and dropoff from Merzouga bus stop which 5 kilos away, but the courteous and friendly way for all my demand and needs. It got big living room, cozy guestroom, terrace with great sight, and sumputous dinner and free delicious breakfast. All the things were great there, thank you La Source. I'll come back!

Nice and friendly staffs, free pick-up & drop off at the bus station which is really great for travellers. Just email them befoee your arrival. Their desert tour is fascinating, got their own camp ( for those who want a peaceful and quiet night , dfinately not for party groups ). Great terrace and the dunes juat in front of you. Highly recommend it.

Thanks guys, I had an absolute ball! Will definitely recommend you to any of my friends who visit Morocco. Take care and hopefully see you again one day. Cheers!

Unbelievable service, incredibly helpful. Perhaps the nicest family I have ever met. This was my second stay and I look forward to the third!

Great place! Hassan picked us up from and delivered us to the bus station. We had very nice rooms. Plenty of hot water, comfortable beds. We paid extra for meals and room heaters but it was very reasonable and worth it. Staff was exceptional. The roof terrace was wonderful for sunning, reading, relaxing. Nice and quiet. Look no further! This is the perfect place for your desert stay!

The perfect base to make a tour to the desert. The staff is extremely nice and always ready to help you, without pushing you to buy things, booking transportation, etc, like we experienced in other hotels in Morocco. The mood of the staff is also great and our night in the desert was perfect.

I have never experienced such beautiful and attentive service! Having stayed at hundreds of hostels over the years, this is my favourite. Four brothers run the place, aided by a string of helpers, all are eager and friendly. The location is fantastic, you can walk straight into the desert within a few minutes. I had the pleasure of 4 days and 3 nights in the dunes nearby with the delightful father of the brothers. The trips are very good value and so are the rooms at the auberge. Good Wifi

The hostel is privately owned. The family.is very hospitable. The father could not speak English but always had a ready smile for the guests. Hassan, the host was very friendly, generous and easy to talk to.. The food was good with lovely presentation, compliments to Barak and Sayid. I booked a basic single room but was upgraded to a very comfortable ensuite. Thks, again Hassan! Last, but not least, pick-up and drop-off at Merzouga bus terminal are free!

View all Merzouga Bed and Breakfasts