Auberge NOLA Reviews

1628 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, USA

Is the cleanest and nicest hostal I have ever been! Totally recomended, the staff is really helpfull and the people I met were amazing!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

I really enjoyed my stay at Auberge NOLA. The hostel had such a great atmosphere, and the staff were really helpful and friendly. The dorm room and bathroom were really clean and nice, and the hostel is in a great location (close enough to the French Quarter to be convenient, but not so close that there were drunk weirdos walking around near the hostel). One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!

• 30th Nov 2014

We had a great time in Auberge NOLA, thank you so much for everything. Really nice hostel, willing staff and home atmosphere. Great!

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great kitchen, comfortable beds, small rooms, clean bathroom. Nothing to complain about. I know there's not enough space for a laundry room, but that would be the only thing I would miss if I stayed there for a week or so.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, it was my first experience with solo travel and the staff were very accommodating, and had heaps of suggestions that helped me plan out my trip.

• 22nd Nov 2014

I'm in love with this hostel. Friendly lovely atmosphere. Clear! The location is quite good.

Auberge NOLA was one of my most positive hostel experiences. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are very comfortable, and the location is great -- super close to the streetcar line and situated conveniently between the Garden District and the French Quarter). It's a good size, too -- big enough that you can meet people, but not massive/too noisy. Being able to hang out with Yogi the dog as she (he?) wandered around the front desk was an added bonus. Thanks, Auberge NOLA!

I really enjoyed my stay at Auberge! It was my first time at a hostel, so I was nervous about security & cleanliness, but Aurberge exceeded my expectations. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and I really felt I could go to them for anything. The facilities were very clean, the beds comfy, and the house as a whole was very charming. It is conveniently located in a nice part of the city, w/ just a short street car ride or walk to the french quarter, the bay, & parks. I would stay again!

• 16th Nov 2014

stuff was super helpful with Information!! hot showers and clean restrooms. quiet Location, streetcar stop 2min walk;

After I made my reservation I learned that he has a 40 year limit. I m 86 and it worked out fine

• 14th Nov 2014

Great staff, love the tootsie rolls they keep in a dish by the door. Clean, and though not right in the French Quarter still pretty easy to streetcar or cab there. Great experience!

• 12th Nov 2014

This place is amazing! The location is perfect, right around the corner from the street car which takes you directly to the French quarter and it's only 15 minute walk to the Garden District. The house is beautiful, dorm room was very comfortable, bathroom is nice and spacious. The 2 super cute chinchillas is a great bonus!

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Vietnam

Had a great stay at the hostel. I just wish our trip wasn't for business. We would've ventured out to all of the restaurants and bars that are a stone's throw away. The trolly was a block away. $1.25 trip to downtown. Couldn't be more satisfied. Loved the old charm of the house and everyone was friendly and helpful. A++ will definitely stay there again.

The hostel was nice, but we did not spend much time there. The only complaint I have is in the private suite, the kitchen and the bathroom were a little gross. Not hazmat-suite-gross, but kind of grungy. They had cleaning supplies in the apartment, but it definitely stunk cleaning on vacation. Otherwise, it wasn't bad.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in -- extremely clean, comfortable, good location (very easy access to French Quarter/Garden District via streetcar), staff very friendly and helpful, great value, would recommend!

The hostel was great. Friendly staff and a great location.

I really had a great time at this hostel.the staff was really kind and helpful!the hostel's location is really good,close to the tram stop which goes to the city center.the bathroom was really clean just like our room.i would stay here next time!

Great location at an affordable price. If you're sick of puking tourists in the French quarter and want to see a more local place, this is for you. The hostel is conveniently located off the trolley line with a good collection of bars and restaurant nearby. There is plent of parking around the property of you bring your own car. The hostel was very clean and well maintained. We'll definitely be staying here in the future!

This is an excellent hostel. It's in an excellent location and the facilities are first-rate. Also the owner is on site and clearly takes a keen interest in the hostel and its guests. It's modestly sized so it's not one of those bustling party hostels, but you can always meet new people out front on the porch or round the table out back. Recommended :-)

Wow! I was more than pleasantly surprised. This was my first hostel stay, as my friend I was traveling with swore it was the way to travel. Very clean place and friendly environment.. We stayed in the 6 bed female room, and there was plenty of room for all of us. The staff was very helpful and fun to talk to - they recommended great places! The streetcar on St. Charles makes going downtown so convenient - no stress about parking or directions! When we come back to NOLA, we will stay here again.

• 24th Sep 2014