Auberge NOLA Reviews

1628 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, USA

Great hosts and the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and quiet! Thank you!

I have no complaints whatsoever about Auberge NOLA! We booked a private room for four and were very happily surprised when it turned out to be a small apartment with a living room, kitchen, and bathroom in addition to the bedroom. The whole place was very clean and the staff was friendly. If/when I head back to NOLA, I will definitely be staying here again.

• 15th Sep 2014

Friendly staff and clean place. Bit of a hike into town but pretty easy with the streetcar.

Staff were helpful but when we checked in the girl at the desk wasn't overly friendly, sat there with her iPod in her ears and didn't seem to actually care. Not the best introduction. Location was great and lots of places to eat close by/a short walk away. Kitchen was small so we ate out both nights. Room was nice, beds comfortable and air con in room. Bathrooms were lovely, fresh towels constantly, bath matts and hand towels and bath products, which you don't see often in hostels.

Im sorry to hear about your initial experience and I will work to have that corrected. Im glad everything else pleased you and I will also work to keep that up! Robert

Very nice home away from home. The owner is very relaxed and the guests I ran into even more :) There's a hammock and a bbq grill in the back-yard you can use and bikes that can be rented for under $10 a day.

Auberge NOLA is a great place for a budget traveller. It offers clean rooms, friendly staff, and great amenities/facilities. This place also seems to attract fun, positive people. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to New Orleans. Do your laundry at Lucky's just around the block!

• 29th Jul 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. Thanks for the review!

Very...interesting hostel. Not what I had expected at all, yet pleasantly surprising. A common area would have been nice, but N.O. is a small town, with few hostela and easily accessible so a few days without it is more than fine. Cool little bar down the road, very close to the cheap tram ($1.25) and whilst we didn't have much interaction with staff, they were friendly. The hammock was rather cool. Give it a shot, its a cool little place

Thanks for the review. Just a FYI if you ever return (and I'd love to have you back) the downstairs, kitchen, tv room are all available to you to use, hang out etc. Also you are more than welcome to gather in the backyard, front porch or the sun room/game room on the second floor

This was a good hostel, not too much of a party vibe, but a nice place to stay. It was kept up very well.

Thanks for your review!

One of the best hostels I've been to. Very pleasant building. Very cheap.

Thanks for your review!

The best hostel I ever stayed. It was very clean, very polite staff, good location. I had a great time in that hostel!

Thanks for the review! I strive to keep it as you described.

Friendly people, the owner even lent me a laptop to use! More of a quiet hostel, with simple but nice breakfast and a comfortable outside area. Would recommend.

Thanks for your review and I am glad you enjoyed the facilities!

Clean affordable hostel that was the perfect choice for our time in NOLA. Robert really worked to help us out when we needed to arrive super late as well.

Thanks for your review!

Swell place and easily accessible by streetcar. Do your laundry at the fun-loving Lucky's bar/laundromat/game room on St. Charles, open 24/7. The St. Charles Athletic Club will let you drop in--3 days for $25 or 7 for $40. 24 hr. Walgreens is also very close for all your supplies.

• 8th Jul 2014

Beautiful house. The only thing missing was a washer/dryer (but great fun doing laundry at the bar next door) - and a computer - cause some guests just broke the laptop ;-)

Thanks for the review! We have since replaced the laptop with a brand new one for guests to use.

Some facilites like laundry and computer station which other hostels I stayed in provide were missing. But the stuff and the people I have met there were really nice. The hostel was not very central, but it was just located behind the street with a tram running. So the location is feasible.

Thanks for the review. Just in case you return we do have a laptop in the lobby that guests are welcome to use and print from. We don't currently have a laundry but there is a bar directly behind us that has a 24hr laundromat inside. Hope to see you next time your in NOLA! Robert

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The rooms and bathroom are clean, but the kitchen is dirty and the table is always sticky. Same thing for the backyard area. And a little refreshing of the wall paint would not be a luxury. Breakfast is just toasts or bagel with jam. There is coffee (bad coffee if you ask me) but no milk or cream. But hey, hostels breakfast are rarely amazing. There are some nice restaurants and bars around and it's easy and quick to get to the French Quarter. Try the Blind Pelican!

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience. The kitchen has been repainted because as you pointed out it needed it along with a brand new backsplash to go along with the new cabinets and appliances. I would love for you to give us a second chance next time your in NOLA. Ill even make you a personal coffee with the nespresso machine :) !

The staff barely talked to us on check in... i had to ask him his name because he never actually introduced himself. It would have been nice to know that the house was full of pets before booking there. Pet hair everywhere. I developed a cough and a rash on my neck from the bedding. I'm understanding that it is an old building but it could use a good cleaning. Bathrooms were nice and clean though.

Sorry you felt that way and I apologize for not spending more time with you. I try to make myself available to everyone and even give out my personal cell phone so you can SMS me with a question if you need. To be fair the two small dogs are in many photos online and in many reviews AND most importantly they are only ever on the first floor. They go no where near the guest rooms upstairs. I'm sorry about your experience with our bedding.

I've never been at hostel, so it was my first experience and I loved . So friendly and the ower is amazing. If I came back to New Orleans I'll may stay there again.

• 24th Jun 2014

Great hostel. Maybe 10-15 mins walk from te French quarter and has bars restaurants on the next road if preferred. Lively and sociable while we were there. Codes on the front door but no key for the mixed dorms which just stay open. Lockers outside the room which you need a padlock for. Very clean and bathrooms nice. Didn't have any problems with showers being busy etc. Quite a cool building inside too with tall ceilings, wood floors, nice rugs etc. Staff really nice too!

Thanks for your comments. I have since re-instituted keys for all the mixed dorms and a new policy to hopefully keep them from constantly walking away. I understand its important for many guests.

There was a lot of Stairs and had to leave cause the person I was with was complaining about the stairs, so only stayed one night...

« first « Prev 1 2 3