Auberge NOLA Reviews

1628 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, USA

This was a good hostel, not too much of a party vibe, but a nice place to stay. It was kept up very well.

One of the best hostels I've been to. Very pleasant building. Very cheap.

The best hostel I ever stayed. It was very clean, very polite staff, good location. I had a great time in that hostel!

Clean affordable hostel that was the perfect choice for our time in NOLA. Robert really worked to help us out when we needed to arrive super late as well.

Swell place and easily accessible by streetcar. Do your laundry at the fun-loving Lucky's bar/laundromat/game room on St. Charles, open 24/7. The St. Charles Athletic Club will let you drop in--3 days for $25 or 7 for $40. 24 hr. Walgreens is also very close for all your supplies.

• 8th Jul 2014

Beautiful house. The only thing missing was a washer/dryer (but great fun doing laundry at the bar next door) - and a computer - cause some guests just broke the laptop ;-)

Some facilites like laundry and computer station which other hostels I stayed in provide were missing. But the stuff and the people I have met there were really nice. The hostel was not very central, but it was just located behind the street with a tram running. So the location is feasible.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The rooms and bathroom are clean, but the kitchen is dirty and the table is always sticky. Same thing for the backyard area. And a little refreshing of the wall paint would not be a luxury. Breakfast is just toasts or bagel with jam. There is coffee (bad coffee if you ask me) but no milk or cream. But hey, hostels breakfast are rarely amazing. There are some nice restaurants and bars around and it's easy and quick to get to the French Quarter. Try the Blind Pelican!

The staff barely talked to us on check in... i had to ask him his name because he never actually introduced himself. It would have been nice to know that the house was full of pets before booking there. Pet hair everywhere. I developed a cough and a rash on my neck from the bedding. I'm understanding that it is an old building but it could use a good cleaning. Bathrooms were nice and clean though.

Sorry you felt that way and I apologize for not spending more time with you. I try to make myself available to everyone and even give out my personal cell phone so you can SMS me with a question if you need. To be fair the two small dogs are in many photos online and in many reviews AND most importantly they are only ever on the first floor. They go no where near the guest rooms upstairs. I'm sorry about your experience with our bedding.

I've never been at hostel, so it was my first experience and I loved . So friendly and the ower is amazing. If I came back to New Orleans I'll may stay there again.

• 24th Jun 2014

Great hostel. Maybe 10-15 mins walk from te French quarter and has bars restaurants on the next road if preferred. Lively and sociable while we were there. Codes on the front door but no key for the mixed dorms which just stay open. Lockers outside the room which you need a padlock for. Very clean and bathrooms nice. Didn't have any problems with showers being busy etc. Quite a cool building inside too with tall ceilings, wood floors, nice rugs etc. Staff really nice too!

There was a lot of Stairs and had to leave cause the person I was with was complaining about the stairs, so only stayed one night...

This is a great hostel to stay at for the long weekend. Helpful staff. Very laid back. Great location away from the craziness that is the French Quarter, but not too far away. Breakfast is just toast with a variety of jams and peanut butters. For the price of this place it was excellent!

Overall one of the nicest hostel experiences we've had. The owner was extremely helpful in everything and the hostel itself is in a pretty old building, with a cozy patio in the backyard, in a nice area. The streetcar going to the city center is around the corner. Warmly recommended.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Finland

it's lovely quiet house~good for relaxing

• 9th Jun 2014
  • China

Nice and layed back place, close to everything, but also isolated enough to relax.

Thanks for your review!

Didn't like it at first but grew to love it. It lacked a social aspect with no well utilised common socialising area, and wifi didn't work in my room. no maps available and limited information on New Orleans in general, no organised activities. Breakfast was coffee, tea, toast, peanut butter and jelly. Rooms were large, quiet, beds fine, airconditioning was turned on pretty cold durin the day and evening, but off in the early morning so was sometimes stuffy when waking up. Location ok.

Im glad you grew to enjoy my place. We do have our outside courtyard which many people seem to hang out in, but alot of people do miss that its even there. You are right about the maps and I am working on a solution for that. We do have a dry erase board by the door as you leave that has suggested activities for each night of the week as well as a Pub Crawl on Saturdays. Sorry about your experience with the AC. They are set on a certain temp and should always maintain that, I dont turn off.

This hostel is in a good location - easy walking distance to the French Quarter. There are lots of areas to sit and relax in, the cooking facilities are decent and the wifi works brilliantly. On the negative side, the bathrooms could have been cleaner, there are no reading lights in the dorms or laundry facilities and the breakfast is lacklustre (toast with peanut butter and jam). It's definitely not a party hostel, which was on a bonus for me, but some social events would have been nice.

Sorry about your experience with my bathroom area. I try to keep as clean as possible. There is a board by the front entrance that has suggested nightly activities. I might need to move its location though since you are not the first to miss it. Thanks for the review!

Awesome hostel, hard to fault. Air con is always pumping in every area inside, good outdoor area and relaxed vibe. Probably the best hostel I've sated at in the USA.

It was great...easy and no frills. The guy took me around when I checked in and I never saw him again. The room was clean, with good air conditioning. The bathroom was clean. I would come back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3