Auberge NOLA Reviews

1628 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, USA

Had a brilliant stay at this hostel for just two nights on the 22nd and 23rd June. The hostel was clean, comfy beds, good facilities. But mostly the staff were great. Very helpful, arranged a soccer game for us then had a free bbq on the outdoor terrace (as well as two crates of free beers and beer pong). Definitely wish I could of stayed longer. If you come here to NOLA definitely do the swamp your here on the airport. You get to see tons of real alligators in the wild and even hold a baby one.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Literally the most beautiful hostel I have ever seen. Everything was spotless and house is so gorgeous...more like a nice bed and breakfast than a hostel. Staff super helpful. They even have adorable chinchillas and a puppy which is a huge plus. The location is not the most ideal but it's a short walk to the tram which takes you into the heart of the city.

• 19th Jun 2015

I liked the place, the location was perfect and near to the french quarter, they should put locks for the showers and the staff should not be allowed to put loud music all day

I really enjoyed staying here. The location is right next to the St Charles streetcar so it's great for people checking out the city. I was here for an internship right up the street so the location was perfect for me - I could just walk! Everyone was very kind and personable, and the space is cozy and cool (but not too cold). It took me a day to realise that you have to manually lock your dorm room when you leave (it's a key entry) but I didn't feel like my safety/stuff was compromised by it.

• 14th Jun 2015

Great place

I liked the location as I could easily get to the French Quarter or the Garden District. People staying there were friendly and the staff was always willing to help.

Fantastic hostel. Felt relaxed like a home. Met some cool people who I played games with in the courtyard or joined up with to see the city. Breakfast was very decent, facilities extremely clean and well maintained and rooms were quiet with AC making for good sleep. Staff nice and helpful with particular props to Josh for going above and beyond. Hostel not in French quarter but well connected by streetcar and the neighbourhood has its own attractions. Good option for the discerning traveller.

great location in realation to public transport. easy access to site. great staff and people on site. cute dog :) :)

The hostel was a very nice place to spend a few days. Great value for money.

• 29th May 2015
  • India

Loved the patio, bloody Mary bar and the clean, welcoming atmosphere!!

• 24th May 2015

The hostel has a nice atmosphere. It is perfect located to walk to the garden district or take the tram/walk to the french quarter.

Had a great stay and met some fun people from all over the world. Thanks!

• 17th May 2015
  • India

Great hostel, which was perfectly located in the Garden District and close to the street car and easy walking distance to downtown. The staff were really helpful, and their knowledge of the city relieved any worries that I had about staying in New Orleans as a lone female traveller. The bathroom was probably the best hostel bathroom I have ever used, they even had complimentary lotions. The 6 bed all female dorm was fantastic and extremely clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

It is a very nice small hostel, very very clean and with very friendly staff. I arrive before the checkin time but they let me go in my dorm and when checkin the guy give me a lot (and very helpfull) information regarding the city and the turist attractions. The kitchen was very complete (altough I never use it) and they have a simple breakfast that help me go out in the morning without an empty stomach. My only complain is that the mattres was kind of soft. Very good value for the money.

Auberge was my first hostel experience and a wonderful one at that. The hostel has a very homey feel and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It's clean and spacious and the location is fantastic, two minutes walk from the streetcar and a lot of restaurants and bars. My only problem was the squeaky beds, stairs and doors and, it was a tad warm sometimes during the night as the AC would blow directly on one of the bunks in the room so the roommates kept turning it off. Nice light breakfast.

Amazing staff, especially Josh and the French guy (can't remember his name right now :). CLEAN and pretty good location. Best hostel I stayed in US so far

Absolutely amazing hostel! Has everything you need, when you need it. Great character, great value, great bathrooms, fun bedrooms, clean, great pancake breakfast! Would reccommend this hostel to all my friends.

The staff was super nice, the office girl took us out on the town, invited us to events. Very clean, well kept, & if we come back to Nola we will only be staying here.

• 29th Apr 2015

We had an incredible stay here. I was so comfortable and Robert was extremely helpful. Best hostel I've stayed in so far. Everyone was kind and you can tell the staff takes a lot of pride in what they do.

• 16th Apr 2015

Upon checking in we were given a map, directions, and any information that we would like - all of which turned out to be extremely helpful throughout our stay. Before we were led to our rooms we were given a short but precise tour of the hostel. When guided to our rooms we were each told that if we had any questions just to ask. The staff were very kind throughout our stay and more than willing to answer any questions that we might have. The beds, sheets, and bathrooms were also well kept.

• 9th Apr 2015