Auberge NOLA Reviews

1628 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, USA

I really had a great time at this hostel.the staff was really kind and helpful!the hostel's location is really good,close to the tram stop which goes to the city center.the bathroom was really clean just like our room.i would stay here next time!

Great location at an affordable price. If you're sick of puking tourists in the French quarter and want to see a more local place, this is for you. The hostel is conveniently located off the trolley line with a good collection of bars and restaurant nearby. There is plent of parking around the property of you bring your own car. The hostel was very clean and well maintained. We'll definitely be staying here in the future!

This is an excellent hostel. It's in an excellent location and the facilities are first-rate. Also the owner is on site and clearly takes a keen interest in the hostel and its guests. It's modestly sized so it's not one of those bustling party hostels, but you can always meet new people out front on the porch or round the table out back. Recommended :-)

Wow! I was more than pleasantly surprised. This was my first hostel stay, as my friend I was traveling with swore it was the way to travel. Very clean place and friendly environment.. We stayed in the 6 bed female room, and there was plenty of room for all of us. The staff was very helpful and fun to talk to - they recommended great places! The streetcar on St. Charles makes going downtown so convenient - no stress about parking or directions! When we come back to NOLA, we will stay here again.

• 24th Sep 2014

the staff was helpful, the place was spot on clean. i booked this hostel for 3 nights and extended for 3 more. Easy access to the St.Charles streetcar. very nice and well kept.

The cleanest hostel I've ever been.

Great hosts and the rooms and bathrooms were very clean and quiet! Thank you!

I have no complaints whatsoever about Auberge NOLA! We booked a private room for four and were very happily surprised when it turned out to be a small apartment with a living room, kitchen, and bathroom in addition to the bedroom. The whole place was very clean and the staff was friendly. If/when I head back to NOLA, I will definitely be staying here again.

• 15th Sep 2014

I have visited 27 countries and I've stayed at more than 60 hostels and this one is definitly in the top 5. It is super clean, the kitchen has everything you need to cook, the 6 bed dorm I've stayed in is huge, the AC was not too cold and worked all the time, staff is very friendly and helpfull, the wifi worked good and the location is great just 1 min walk to the tram that takes you to the French quarter. Don't even search any further for your place to stay in NOLA just book this hostel ;)

Friendly staff and clean place. Bit of a hike into town but pretty easy with the streetcar.

Staff were helpful but when we checked in the girl at the desk wasn't overly friendly, sat there with her iPod in her ears and didn't seem to actually care. Not the best introduction. Location was great and lots of places to eat close by/a short walk away. Kitchen was small so we ate out both nights. Room was nice, beds comfortable and air con in room. Bathrooms were lovely, fresh towels constantly, bath matts and hand towels and bath products, which you don't see often in hostels.

Im sorry to hear about your initial experience and I will work to have that corrected. Im glad everything else pleased you and I will also work to keep that up! Robert

Very nice home away from home. The owner is very relaxed and the guests I ran into even more :) There's a hammock and a bbq grill in the back-yard you can use and bikes that can be rented for under $10 a day.

Auberge NOLA is a great place for a budget traveller. It offers clean rooms, friendly staff, and great amenities/facilities. This place also seems to attract fun, positive people. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to New Orleans. Do your laundry at Lucky's just around the block!

• 29th Jul 2014

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here. Thanks for the review!

Very...interesting hostel. Not what I had expected at all, yet pleasantly surprising. A common area would have been nice, but N.O. is a small town, with few hostela and easily accessible so a few days without it is more than fine. Cool little bar down the road, very close to the cheap tram ($1.25) and whilst we didn't have much interaction with staff, they were friendly. The hammock was rather cool. Give it a shot, its a cool little place

Thanks for the review. Just a FYI if you ever return (and I'd love to have you back) the downstairs, kitchen, tv room are all available to you to use, hang out etc. Also you are more than welcome to gather in the backyard, front porch or the sun room/game room on the second floor

This was a good hostel, not too much of a party vibe, but a nice place to stay. It was kept up very well.

Thanks for your review!

One of the best hostels I've been to. Very pleasant building. Very cheap.

Thanks for your review!

The best hostel I ever stayed. It was very clean, very polite staff, good location. I had a great time in that hostel!

Thanks for the review! I strive to keep it as you described.

Friendly people, the owner even lent me a laptop to use! More of a quiet hostel, with simple but nice breakfast and a comfortable outside area. Would recommend.

Thanks for your review and I am glad you enjoyed the facilities!

Clean affordable hostel that was the perfect choice for our time in NOLA. Robert really worked to help us out when we needed to arrive super late as well.

Thanks for your review!

Swell place and easily accessible by streetcar. Do your laundry at the fun-loving Lucky's bar/laundromat/game room on St. Charles, open 24/7. The St. Charles Athletic Club will let you drop in--3 days for $25 or 7 for $40. 24 hr. Walgreens is also very close for all your supplies.

• 8th Jul 2014