Auberge NOLA Reviews

1628 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, USA

It was a great hostel for the price! The location was great, it was very clean, and the owner (Robert) was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!

I really like the place, the infrastructure was great and the facilities. I just wish it wouldn't be such a hassle for the staff to charge by cash because in my case my credit card was not working, so I had to pay by cash and was a big deal for them.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Ecuador

This is probably the nicest hostel that I have stayed at. I've been to hostels in Florence, Rome, Netherlands, Paris, Miami, and this hostel topped them all. I highly recommend it.

Its not in the French Quarter, but its one block from a main street in the Garden District. One of the cleanest hostels ive stayed at. I would not have been able to go to New Orleans if it werent for this hostel. The only downside is our room itself didnt have a lock but everyone staying in the building seemed like nice people so I wasnt ever worried

• 15th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really great hostel with extremely helpful staff and fully equip kitchen. Feels like you're staying in an old house rather than a hostel. The beds were clean and comfortable. From what I heard from other travelers this is one of the better hostels in New Orleans.

I thought the hostel was located in a great part of the city. Easy access to transportation was a benefit, in addition to it being between the French Quarter and the Garden District. The room I was in was well kept and very spacious. The owner was very welcoming and friendly. Overall, the hostel had a lot of charm and character!

• 10th Mar 2014

Great hostel! I would definitely stay here again. Only blocks from the streetcar that will take you to the French Quarter. Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Quiet but friendly atmosphere,

Very nice place and friendly hosts ! It had the feeling of being at home :). It was great !

• 7th Mar 2014

We stayed during a hectic Mardi Gras, so it's hard to say what the hostel is like normally! Only 25min walk to French Quarter (along Parade route) and 15min to Magazine St (much cooler) - with a few bars/restaurants and a 24-hr Walgreens nearby. The beds are comfy, rooms are big and bathrooms nice & clean. The only SLIGHT negatives were not having a dedicated front desk person for tips/advice, though Robert was ace when he was around. And no maps? That was weird. Definitely worth a visit!

nice place, directly at street car line, short distance to garden district and 40min walk to french quarter, could have been cleaner (especially bathrooms)

• 27th Feb 2014

Clean, good location to take trains, staff helpful.

• 15th Feb 2014

For a new hostel in town, it's great! Good vibes.

• 10th Feb 2014

Incredible stay. A+ hostel.

• 20th Jan 2014

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The owner was very friendly and accommodating (the owner would stay up until the last guests arrived... just call him to let him know!). The linens were incredibly clean, as was the bathroom, though we did run out of toilet paper over night, but that was easily solved. Everything looked beautiful. There was a kitchen there, but we didn't use it. Two dogs on premises.

Nice place to spend few days in new orleans...just 5 minutes away from the french quarter. The owner is really helpful. Clean and safe enough.

I loved my stayed at this hostel. I though it was very well located. Close to the st-Charles street-car. Very clean. i Felt safe.

• 13th Jan 2014

If you go to New Orleans, go there! Seriously, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Very clean, good location and Robert, the owner, is super nice and very helpful. I met a bunch of very cool travelers,too and checked out the bars in the French quarter with them. I had stayed in the India hostel for one night before that and have to say that NOLA offers, in my opinion, a much, much better value for the money.

• 8th Jan 2014

This place is really really nice and very new, still the owner knows exactely what he is doing. It is a little outside downtown, but for me this was great as it was also very quiet. The bed was really comfy, the bathroom and sleeping room were spacy. The kitchen is brand-new and offers everything one needs, incl. a dishwater. The walk downtown is save and nice and takes about 20min. The owner helps you in any way he can, incl. calling airport taxis etc. I had a great time there!

Great place I loved spending my time there instead of a hotel. Met great people. Owner is super friendly and helpful. Very nice decoration and such a cool place. Clean, quite, great location and just the right price. I would definitely go back if I decide to visit NO again.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Kuwait

The hostel owner is great, will make you feel extremely welcome and more than just a guest!