Auberge de Jeunesse Felicien Rops Reviews

Avenue Felicien Rops 8, Namur, Belgium

The sensor lights in the toilet are a good idea but need to be on longer.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff is very friendly and willing to help. Rooms are kept clean very well. Much choice at breakfast. Only critique I could think of is that it is a bit more expensive thant the avarage hostel, and that there are no curtains around the beds. I didn't miss the curtains now, since I had just one, and a very nice, roommate; When there are more people however one might want some privacy. To close it off, I really appreaciated the ecofriendliness of the place!

• 17th Aug 2014

Really good hostel in the small and beautiful city of Namur. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hostel offers a really good breakfast included in the price.

A nice hostel by the river but a bit far from Namur centre, closer to the citadel. There are buses but they are not leaving so often. This isn't the place to meet a lot of new people. Its also in the french speaking part so the people were not very pleasant to english speaking people. With included breakfast and good facilities this is a good hostel for a stay over.

I got in late, the attendant was very nice to stay up for me because my flight arrived late and provided me with the key. However, there was a naked, extremely smelly older man in the room when I first opened the door - his snoring and body odor made it impossible to sleep. I would not stay here again out of fear of being in a room with him again!

Didn't see a guest kitchen. Is a decent walk from town. Breakfast was excellent each morning. The staff were fantastic and even let me park my motorbike inside the gates. No holes in security with key cards and lockers. Good place to stay.

i trav el all over the world and i would it is one on best youth hostel istayed the breakfast is very good

• 3rd Jun 2014

A long walk from the train station, but not an inconvenience at the weather was good. A beautiful building with idyllic views over the river. Very peaceful & loved it.

Patrick was a great host at the front desk, makes you feel like home.

A great place in an bueatiful location. The amenities were very clean and modern. The stay was spoiled by the two drunk old men who arrived in the room at 3am and pissed in the shower. Unfortunately you can't pick your clientele. Thankyou for the room it allowed me to visit a relative who was killed in the war. Cheers Warren PS I hope the koala was passed on to Brigitte.

• 16th Aug 2013

A bit far from the station, especially when you are on foot. The hostel was very nice, clean, and the breakfast was excellent. However, it was a bit inconvenient that you could not stay in your room from 10 am to 4 am. The kitchen facilities were a bit old, but the rooms were new and clean and with cupboards.

Oh! the Lady incharge was very professional and very kind. I really loved the location of the hostel. I took notice that they were very eco friendly as well. (Though it was hard for me to locate it at first). I would really love to stay there again.

There is no information prior to booking that you cannot access your room from 10:30- 16:00. This is too long, especially considering there is not really much cleanign done/needed to be done.

What you expect from a YHA hostel - clean, efficient, lacking in character, slightly overpriced. A good bar and cooking area though, plus the breakfast was decent. Location was a little too far away from the main area of town but only a 20 minute walk or a simple drive. You can also catch a bus which is very easy and €1.90.

Very clean, friendly hostel, good breakfast, great wifi and lockers in room. A little walk from the city, but still a good location overall. Thanks for making it a very easy stay!

The hostel was very nice and clean, with free internet access and a great breakfast. And for us non french speaking traveler's, the staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you very much for your hospitality.

• 10th Nov 2012

The hostel is far from the center (6-7 KM), so you have to take by taxi. It costs 9-10 euro for one way. When you want to shop, you should take by bus (2,50-3,50 euro for one way). Note: drivers speak English very badly! People from Namur don't speak English too. Nobody helps me except police. I stayed at hostel 'Auberge de Jeunesse Félicien Rops' for one night. WiFi is ok! Unfortunately, there is nobody like travelers. Staff is friendly and helpful and speaks English very well.

Good price/quality! Breakfast was included, we didn't pay extra for this so we were surprised by the quality of the breakfast. The hostel is comfortable, has a nice inner court and the staff is friendly and helpfull. Definetly a good choice!

• 13th Jul 2012

It's a reallhy nice hostel. The room was nice with a great view. We especially loved the brekfast wich was great.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in.The hostel is about a ten minute walk to the centre of Namur and very close to the Casino and the Citadel.The inside looks more like a hotel with a nice bar area and only 1-50 euro for a beer.Great breakfast included in the price and a shower in the room.The location isscenic on the river meurse.Perfect hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3