Auberge de Jeunesse de Champlon Reviews

Rue de la Gendarmerie, 5, Champlon, Belgium

Not for solo travelers. I mean, I can't expect a lot of young people to be traveling to such a tiny village, but this is more for summer camps and long term visitors. Nonetheless, it was nice, and the free breakfast was good. You need a car to see anything.

You should advertise that you need a car to access local attractions, and that the hostel isn't able to provide assistance with activity planning for backpackers. The activities director took little interest in helping me find something to do, and seemed annoyed when I asked her for help. Also, the bikes are in poor condition and are for children, not adults. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone traveling alone. It is suited for school groups and families. It should be advertised as such.

GREAT hostel. Everything was clean and quiet, and the facilities were nice. There was a school group staying while I was there, and they were fun but it wasn't too loud. I hung out at the bar and chatted with Benjamin and his lovely wife Genevieve. Parking was readily available. My only complaint was that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, and outside the hostel there wasn't much to do. I did a little hiking and came back early to drink. LOVED this place, would stay again in a heartbeat!

Nice place. Beautiful area.