Auberge de la Paix Québec

Fabulous 678 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 678 Total Reviews

20th Jun 2017

Overall we had a really nice stay. Our main complaints were the construction--we were not notified of this ahead of time, and so we were staying in an area that was under construction with no wifi (which makes a huge difference for international travelers!!). When the wifi in the lounge was down and we asked a receptionist about it she didn't really seem to care/didn't even try to fix it. Also, the AC wasn't working in our room. Overall, however, nice facilities in a great part of Montreal.

15th Jun 2017

A quintessential youth hostel which provides excellent value for the money in terms of location, facilities, and helpful staff.

9th Jun 2017

I had to wait a long time to check in, the staff wasn't very quick or attentive BUT she apologized which I didn't expect, so that was a pleasant surprise. The garden is very cute. There is no elevator but it just reminds me of living in Europe all over again. I was completely comfortable but I can see some new travelers being turned off by the clutter and old building and furniture. The location was perfect. I felt safe and met some people in the common area which is always awesome.

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017

Fantastic, friendly staff! Great, welcoming atmosphere that makes it easy to meet other people. The location is right in the old city, and I had no troubles seeing all the sights by foot. Facilities were clean, well-organized, and comfortable.

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Jun 2017

Absolutely perfect location. There were 2 things that I think really need improving though: 1) In the mornings I was woken up early by people having showers. Because you have to push the shower button every couple of seconds, if you're bed is next to the bathroom it sounds like someone's hammering the wall next to your head! 2) The beds! I'm 6ft 2 and half my legs were hanging off the top bunk. Also they're so narrow that turning over is a bit of a challenge! Aside from that it's all good.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

Best location ever, in the heart of the old Quebec walls, friendly staff, a courtyard to hangout in, light breakfast, and many dorm beds to pick from. I highly recommend it.

23rd May 2017

Good little hostel in the middle of Quebec's old town. Easily accessible from the train station. There's no door locks on the dorms but lockers are provided. The shower on the third floor had excellent water pressure. The kitchen is well-equipped. Breakfast is pretty light. Expect cereal and toast. I found the beds a little bit too hard for my liking. Staff are nice enough but I don't find the socialize enough with you. Overall I would recommend this place to anybody who's visiting Quebec City.

• Iran, Male, 25-30
18th May 2017

Great location, in heart of the touristy area of Quebec city.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
18th May 2017
7.7

Great location, friendly staff. Breakfast included was a bonus. Wifi didn't reach the room I was in on the 3rd floor, bathrooms could have been cleaner and no locks on room doors, although decent size lockers in room.

15th May 2017

Fabolous place, great staff, decent accommodation. The only critique was that there were no keys for the rooms. The location more than made up for it. Smack dab in the middle of the old city, you can't really get much better than that. It meant that I could watch the city at night from the edge of the city walls, and be in bed 5 minutes later.