Auberge de la Paix Québec Reviews

31, Rue Couillard, Quebec, Canada

The showers were insane. Haha I've never seen a place like this before. Every 10 seconds you had to push this button in very very hard in order to get water. The temp wasn't even adjustable.

The beds were vinyl so the sheet wouldl not stay on and it was really uncomfortable. The showers are all push button and only stay on for 10 seconds which makes showering difficult. However there is a kitchen and the location is fantastic. This hostel is a bit pricey but for Quebec city you can't really expect cheaper. If they get better beds and warm the hostel up a little this would have been perfect

Wonderful staff, very friendly. Probably would not stay here again, however. Need to press button continuously to keep water flowing in shower, and overall has a very strong dorm vibe. Attracts groups of young kids traveling together as opposed to backpackers.

Location was great - we took the ferry over and it was a short walk, and then there were all kinds of great things to do within walking distance from the hostel as well. Staff was friendly and helpful - they let us leave my huge bag in the office for the day while we explored, even though we were checking out that morning. My only complaint would be that the beds were not super comfy, but for the one night we were there they did just fine.

• 7th Nov 2014

Location is awesome!! Breakfast was good. Staff were a little cold but they were helpful at times. Showers were barely warm and some had a very fast push button timer which was annoying. Beds were small and uncomfortable. Hostel room doors had no lock on it which was bizarre. Overall...great location.

Great location, just a few minutes from the heart of the old town. Friendly staff, great kitchen and nice breakfast. Rooms are quite basic, but comfortable. Nice little place to stay for a day or two.

First of all the staff isn't friendly at all. They are not rude either but don't seem to be happy about you being their guest. The rooms are small and stuffy and if you have the room next to the showers, you'll wake up pretty early because of the knocking that comes from there. Next point: The showers. You have to constantly push the button to keep the shower running and you can't adjust the temperature. Not a welcoming atmosphere there at all.

• 21st Oct 2014

A nice stay in the heart of Old Quebec. Thank You.

Right in the downtown, many sightseeing points are walking distance! No room keys, so the room doors are always open. Washrooms (shower&toilet) are shared with all the guests (men&women). Wish the room light was a bit blighter. Overall, it's a lovely place to stay anyway!

The guy at the desk was very nice and helped me with several questions. The restaurant that he suggested was very good in terms of price and the environment inside. I enjoyed that restaurant and it was a summit in my trip. The room in hostel, was warm at night and I had good sleep. The only problem was that it was not much spacious, which I think is reasonable considering the low price that we pay.

Hostel with a great personality.

You can meet different people in the hostel. The staffs are friendly, helpful and for 24 hours. It was a nice memory.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

The hostel is amazing, a man (I don't remembrer his name, but has visited Mexico many times) was such a great person with us. He even gave us a post card of Canada. it was such a great choice to stay in this hostel.

My friend and I stayed this hostel for 5 days. We liked this hostel. When we went to the hostel where wasn't so many people. Its easy to get famous places but its hard to get airport if you take a bus. If u take a taxi you should pay 40 dollars (one way). There isn't laundry room so if u want to wash clothes u should go to laundry store. Bty we were satisfied ! Thank u :-)

• 8th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

If I go back to quebec city, I will choose this hostel again for sure. Excellent location, excellent breakfast. Shower, bed, bathroom, everything is acceptable. The price is reasonable. I met some nice roommates as well.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • China

Quiet place, but its a quiet city anyway and the location couldn't be more central.

It is a very good place, but I think they could clean the rooms with more frequency to remove dust.

very good location, just not very easy to park in the area

The wifi is terrible at the bedroom.

Loved it~