8.1
Fabulous 443 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 443 Total Reviews
Auberge de la Paix Québec Located at 31, Rue Couillard, , Quebec.
Canada
Quebec Quebec G1R 3T4 31, Rue Couillard
81% 443
46.8150619 -71.2087842
    Rooms available

• France, Male, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
8.0

While the location is perfect to visit Quebec City by foot, we were not really satisfied considering what we each paid for a basic mixed-dorm bed. The mattress is pretty bad, wrapped in plastic and repaired with duct tape, and the fitting sheets just don't fit well. This makes it very uncomfortable in a hot summer night! The breakfast is minimal: bread (white and brown), cheap jam, margarine and peanut butter, and coffee seems to be diluted 10 times. The overall cleanliness is satisfactory.

• England, Female, 31-40
18th Jun 2016
7.1

Terrible terrible bathroom situation, and the hostel charges for participating in hostel events but the staff are lovely and the rooms clean and tidy. Good security and location.

• kendemonium3993
  • Scotland, Male, 25-30
13th Jun 2016

Small friendly hostel in the heart of Qubec city.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
1st Jun 2016
7.1

Nice hostel in an excelent location. The one thing that was surprisingly bad was the security. They don't give you any keys, since to get to your dorm, all doors you open are unlocked at any time. The only "security" you have in the hostel is a locker in your room. I think this should be drastically improved, at least adding keys to the dorms!!!

• Australia, Male, 31-40
23rd May 2016
7.1

Firstly I will say the night i stayed in the Hostel i was sick with a sore throat and blocked nose so it wasn't the best for me. Because of this i left after 1 night instead of 3. Room: Mixed Dorm. I couldn't sleep comfortably due to the room being hot and stuffy. I prefer a cooler room. Hostel was fine, clean and provided a basic breakfast and secure storage if you have a lock.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2016
5.1

Upon arrival we were told that mid way through our stay we would have to change rooms to accommodate another group. We were offered no other option and were told we would have to check out and then re-check in at check in time. The staff acted like we were inconveniencing them! Bathrooms were shared male and female even though we paid for a female dorm. Finally, the front door doesn't lock, nor do the bedrooms and they charge you to lock a locker! Luckily we had our own, wouldn't stay again

• Canada, Female, 25-30
21st May 2016

Best thing about this hostel is its location. You can walk to everywhere easily: upper town, lower town and downtown. Dorms are on the third floor so that was a pain if you get to the door and remember you forgot to bring something but that shouldn't be a problem if you're not as lazy as me! The biggest problem I had with this hostel was mattresses. They are super narrow in comparison to all hostels I've been to. They're also very firm so if you're not used to it, that might be a problem

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
19th May 2016

The beds weren't comfortable but you aren't paying much, so expect it. Another thing that sucked is I got really sick and had to leave Quebec and they wouldn't reimburse me for my last night (which was over 48 hours away). But besides that it was just a typical hostel. Nice, cute, safe, good staff, and AMAZING LOCATIONS.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

They were really laid back and welcoming. We booked last minute and I guess it's not quite the busy season yet because there was plenty of beds left. I was quite impressed by the cleanliness. (I dropped something under my bed and had to slide under and get it and I came out way cleaner than one would expect!) The staff was more than happy to offer advice and good places to go based on our expressed interests. The doors are always open but they offer locks and I felt very safe.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2016

Had a great time thanks! and Staff were really lovely because I can only speak English :) Thankyou