Auberge de la Paix Québec Reviews

31, Rue Couillard, Quebec, Canada

The Staff is not so friendly, the beds are horribles, and the water is cold! The only goods things are the breakfast and the location..

Great location and nice staff. It is a bit troublesome to press the button for shower every 10-15 seconds.

I felt at home, it was lovely. Thank you for the nice stay, staff and environment.

• 14th Feb 2015

A basic hostel with what you need but not much more. Only security in the whole place are lockers in the room. Good location for the old city but wouldn't recommend visiting January (museums and even some stores and restaurants are closed... it's the time of year for renovations apparently).

Tip: Use 2nd floor shower:) Other shower buttons: press every 5 seconds; shiver while applying soap. Thin walls: noise travels. Morning wake with the sound of the shower button being pressed many times like a slow hammer. Uncomfortable mattresses, not terrible. Nice slipper-shoes provided for you. Dreadful coffee maker! BUT any inconvenience was out-shone by the excellent location. Safe, clean, tidy, satisfying, helpful. Cute. Excellent service. (But didn’t return my cash deposit.)

Amazing location in the middle of Quebec's old town. Hostel was quiet (middle of winter) so we were lucky and had a 6-bed dorm all to ourselves. Clean and bright but nothing fancy - sheets didn't quite fit on the bed properly, mattress was squeaky, breakfast (included) is basic toast and cereal. Overall a good choice.

I had a really nice stay at the Auberge de la Paix! The staff were super friendly and helpful, the dorms nice and the kitchen clean and well equipped. I wasn't a fan of the push button showers, but managed to find a regular shower on the 2nd floor.

Great hostel located right in downtown Quebec, really close to the main street and most of the attractions. The breakfast provided was actually way better than I expected. The owner was pretty welcoming and explained some useful stuffs if you wanna roam around the city. Will come back again if I get a chance to come back to Quebec

This is a nice hostel in a brilliant location. It is nothing flash but does the job.

The showers were insane. Haha I've never seen a place like this before. Every 10 seconds you had to push this button in very very hard in order to get water. The temp wasn't even adjustable.

We are sorry to reed that you had so much problem with our Hostel showers. Normaly they work pretty good. Since we have read your comments, we have made some changes to the showers hoping this will do the job. Thanx to let us know this situation and be sure that we're always trying to be better and better. Alain Laflamme General Manager

The beds were vinyl so the sheet wouldl not stay on and it was really uncomfortable. The showers are all push button and only stay on for 10 seconds which makes showering difficult. However there is a kitchen and the location is fantastic. This hostel is a bit pricey but for Quebec city you can't really expect cheaper. If they get better beds and warm the hostel up a little this would have been perfect

Wonderful staff, very friendly. Probably would not stay here again, however. Need to press button continuously to keep water flowing in shower, and overall has a very strong dorm vibe. Attracts groups of young kids traveling together as opposed to backpackers.

Location was great - we took the ferry over and it was a short walk, and then there were all kinds of great things to do within walking distance from the hostel as well. Staff was friendly and helpful - they let us leave my huge bag in the office for the day while we explored, even though we were checking out that morning. My only complaint would be that the beds were not super comfy, but for the one night we were there they did just fine.

• 7th Nov 2014

Location is awesome!! Breakfast was good. Staff were a little cold but they were helpful at times. Showers were barely warm and some had a very fast push button timer which was annoying. Beds were small and uncomfortable. Hostel room doors had no lock on it which was bizarre. Overall...great location.

Great location, just a few minutes from the heart of the old town. Friendly staff, great kitchen and nice breakfast. Rooms are quite basic, but comfortable. Nice little place to stay for a day or two.

First of all the staff isn't friendly at all. They are not rude either but don't seem to be happy about you being their guest. The rooms are small and stuffy and if you have the room next to the showers, you'll wake up pretty early because of the knocking that comes from there. Next point: The showers. You have to constantly push the button to keep the shower running and you can't adjust the temperature. Not a welcoming atmosphere there at all.

• 21st Oct 2014

A nice stay in the heart of Old Quebec. Thank You.

Right in the downtown, many sightseeing points are walking distance! No room keys, so the room doors are always open. Washrooms (shower&toilet) are shared with all the guests (men&women). Wish the room light was a bit blighter. Overall, it's a lovely place to stay anyway!

The guy at the desk was very nice and helped me with several questions. The restaurant that he suggested was very good in terms of price and the environment inside. I enjoyed that restaurant and it was a summit in my trip. The room in hostel, was warm at night and I had good sleep. The only problem was that it was not much spacious, which I think is reasonable considering the low price that we pay.

Hostel with a great personality.