Auberge de la Paix Québec Reviews

31, Rue Couillard, Quebec, Canada

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful; we had to leave very early in the morning, and they made sure we had a taxi ready and got out the breakfast foods early for us.

• 24th Jul 2015

The hostel is in an amazing location and the rooms are fairly big and clean. However I have never come across such rude and unhelpful hostel staff. While they provide lockers, the hostel room doors don't lock so anyone can enter your room at any time, which is a concern for a solo female traveller like myself.

• 23rd Jul 2015

the bathroom shower in the first foor should not be used either at all or only from 10am till 8pm. Its so loud that sleeping is impossible in room 105. The breakfast could be a bit better.

I really hate to write a bad review but this is possibly the worst hostel I have stayed at. Rude, unfriendly staff to several guests, passive aggressive though unprovoked. cheap plastic mattress and uncomfortable blanket, very low security, poor wifi, terrible push button showers, hard to get warm, cramped stale smelling bathroom set up. Overpriced for the facilities. The history of the property and location is hard to beat, such a shame.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU HELP ME TO WATCH COPA AMERICAN SOCCOR FINAL.

Auberge de la Paix has an excellent staff, a wonderful location, and great space. They made my first hostel experience incredible. I drove to Québec City and got into traffic on the way delaying our arrival until 1:15am. The staff was still very helpful and accommodating even at this late hour. The location of Auberge de la Paix in Old Québec puts you right in the middle of all the happenings. Additionally, their outside area behind the hostel is beautiful and peaceful.

Nice place well located and a nice hostel as well. Poor breakfast.

The only thing that I didnt like is that there was no one watching who entered the hostal. You could go upstairs and enter any room without no one stoping you or asking questions. Other than that the place is really amazing for the location they have and the cheap price, really enjoyed it!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Goood staff good hostel

Solid hostel with interesting people of all walks of life. Staff is a little stuck up in their nose-raised kind of way, but I don't assume that's going to be much better at another hostel in Quebec City. Nice little book exchange. Internet is a little in and out. Location is fantastic and at the end of the day that's what I solve for first.

Very noisy, the beds were extremely uncomfortable.

Wifi only worked when one person was using it, otherwise it slowed to nothing or you couldn't even connect. Lack of locks on doors is a bit worrying. Very quiet and had no events on or atmosphere to meet people.

There breakfast was good, and this place is very adorable!! Most of all, this hostel is located very good location.

This hostel is in a nice old building that has character and is in a great location. The kitchen facilities were clean and well stocked, although there is only one sink. Since it is an old building, the walls are quite thin and the floors are creaky. In the morning it is impossible to not wake up at 7 am when everyone is heading down to breakfast. I couldn't get to sleep the first night because the receptionists were having a very loud conversation till well past midnight.

it was too noisy even at the midnight. There were some people who yelling and singing at 4 a.m. and it was not soundproof room at all.

The location can't be beat! The hostel itself was adequate although no locks on the doors is very bizzare - also the worst hostel showers I've ever had, you have to hold down the button the entire time and even then it's not warm. The atmosphere was lacking but we appreciated the breakfast! Super cheap so we left feeling good.

Everything was very good,except the showers are dodgy,water goes off after 10 seconds.

Very safe and confortable!

I had a great time when I stayed here. The staff were friendly and helpful. They were glad to provide all information to you. Although the door of room didn't have a lock, I felt safe. Yet, there is one thing you have to know - they don't have an elevator.

I only stayed a single night at the hostel, but the location was great! The beds were good, and they provided slippers to change into at the door. I had read other reviews about the showers and to prepare other visitors: you have to push the button for the shower water to come out. As in, if you want to wetten anything, you will have to continually hold that button down - it doesn't automatically stream for a few minutes. This can be difficult at times when trying to rinse!