Auberge de la Paix Québec Reviews

31, Rue Couillard, Quebec, Canada

Just wifi connection no good sometimes

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

Hostel Was in great location to explore Old Quebec. Simple free breakfast was good and never ran out. Hostel was clean but wifi was practically unusable our whole stay. Evening/ night staff was not very friendly, helpful or approachable but rest of staff made up for this. All in all would stay again and would reccomend.

This hostel was not very clean, the bathrooms were dirty, and the bedrooms were not very well taken care of. The wifi was not stable and had very poor connection throughout the hostel.

Fantastic place. Great location. Definitely staying when I travel Quebec City next time!

• 16th Aug 2015

Staff was very nice and brought out breakfast for us at 2 am because we were leaving at 3! Hostel is in the middle of Old Quebec, which is breathtaking! Would definitely stay here again!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful; we had to leave very early in the morning, and they made sure we had a taxi ready and got out the breakfast foods early for us.

• 24th Jul 2015

The hostel is in an amazing location and the rooms are fairly big and clean. However I have never come across such rude and unhelpful hostel staff. While they provide lockers, the hostel room doors don't lock so anyone can enter your room at any time, which is a concern for a solo female traveller like myself.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Nice hostels in the old city of Quebec City, close to everything. Breakfast included.

the bathroom shower in the first foor should not be used either at all or only from 10am till 8pm. Its so loud that sleeping is impossible in room 105. The breakfast could be a bit better.

I really hate to write a bad review but this is possibly the worst hostel I have stayed at. Rude, unfriendly staff to several guests, passive aggressive though unprovoked. cheap plastic mattress and uncomfortable blanket, very low security, poor wifi, terrible push button showers, hard to get warm, cramped stale smelling bathroom set up. Overpriced for the facilities. The history of the property and location is hard to beat, such a shame.

I am so stuned to write your comment about our hostel. We never had such comments. It's true that we are an hostel not an Hotel and the facilities may be less than you were expected. I'm sorry for that if it's the case. Be sure that I will checked with the staff in place during your stay. I can assure you that unfriendly an aggressive staff had never been tolarate in our hostel. Please accept my best excuses on this matter. General Manager

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU HELP ME TO WATCH COPA AMERICAN SOCCOR FINAL.

Auberge de la Paix has an excellent staff, a wonderful location, and great space. They made my first hostel experience incredible. I drove to Québec City and got into traffic on the way delaying our arrival until 1:15am. The staff was still very helpful and accommodating even at this late hour. The location of Auberge de la Paix in Old Québec puts you right in the middle of all the happenings. Additionally, their outside area behind the hostel is beautiful and peaceful.

Nice place well located and a nice hostel as well. Poor breakfast.

The only thing that I didnt like is that there was no one watching who entered the hostal. You could go upstairs and enter any room without no one stoping you or asking questions. Other than that the place is really amazing for the location they have and the cheap price, really enjoyed it!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Goood staff good hostel

Solid hostel with interesting people of all walks of life. Staff is a little stuck up in their nose-raised kind of way, but I don't assume that's going to be much better at another hostel in Quebec City. Nice little book exchange. Internet is a little in and out. Location is fantastic and at the end of the day that's what I solve for first.

Very noisy, the beds were extremely uncomfortable.

Wifi only worked when one person was using it, otherwise it slowed to nothing or you couldn't even connect. Lack of locks on doors is a bit worrying. Very quiet and had no events on or atmosphere to meet people.

There breakfast was good, and this place is very adorable!! Most of all, this hostel is located very good location.

This hostel is in a nice old building that has character and is in a great location. The kitchen facilities were clean and well stocked, although there is only one sink. Since it is an old building, the walls are quite thin and the floors are creaky. In the morning it is impossible to not wake up at 7 am when everyone is heading down to breakfast. I couldn't get to sleep the first night because the receptionists were having a very loud conversation till well past midnight.