8.2
Fabulous 407 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 407 Total Reviews
Auberge de la Paix Québec Located at 31, Rue Couillard, , Quebec.
Canada
Quebec Quebec G1R 3T4 31, Rue Couillard
82% 407
46.8150619 -71.2087842
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

They were really laid back and welcoming. We booked last minute and I guess it's not quite the busy season yet because there was plenty of beds left. I was quite impressed by the cleanliness. (I dropped something under my bed and had to slide under and get it and I came out way cleaner than one would expect!) The staff was more than happy to offer advice and good places to go based on our expressed interests. The doors are always open but they offer locks and I felt very safe.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2016

Had a great time thanks! and Staff were really lovely because I can only speak English :) Thankyou

• Japan, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2016
7.4

No key for each room. Bathroom was shared by men and women. Kind of unclean (dust) But cute room!! It was like living in a house!

• Ireland, Couple, 31-40
21st Mar 2016
3.4

Bad uncommunicative staff, I asked what was there to do in the city and he threw a map on the table with out a word. Bed's were kid size, I'm 1.70m and my feet were outside the bed and blanket. Breakfast was so cheap I would have preferred not to have it offered. Room was freezing when we got there and they didn't turn the heating up for when we arrived, we didn't know it was adjustable for room, because they didn't say anything about it!. We felt very unwelcomed.

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Mar 2016

WiFi was a little spotty

7th Mar 2016

Very clean, friendly staff. Fully stocked kitchen. Great location.

• Germany, Female, 41+
13th Feb 2016

I liked the auberge very much. The atmosphere was good and it was easy to meet other travellers. It was clean and in a great area. The staff was friendly, especially the staff who worked when I arrived. A wonderful way to travel on a lower budget and also meet people.

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2016
6.0

There are no locks on any of the doors, nor the front door, which means anyone could walk in (though they do provide lockers). The showers were annoying to use as you have to continuously push the button for more water, but the main issue was that the water did not heat up. When it is -20 outside I don't want to take a cold shower. I also had to ask for a second blanket as the rooms are very cold at night and the blankets provided are not very thick. The location and facilities are good though.

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
7th Feb 2016
7.4

This hostel was ok for one night in Quebec. Quite small and dusty environment with not so comfortable mattresses, and unpleasant bathrooms. The showers were awful, as the water kept turning off every 3 seconds, demanding me to press the socket until my thumbs got red. Simple breakfast, toast , jelly and peanut butter. The location, however is great, and the staff was polite. I guess it is an ok place for a single night, more than that and I would be uncomfortable.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
5th Feb 2016

The Hostel is in a really great location in Old Quebec. 10 minute walk from Old Port and in the Heart of Quebec City. It offers free breakfast (toast, cereal, coffee/tea) Washrooms were clean and room were clean. The only critique I have regards the shower. You have to keep pressing a button in order for water to run and it only runs for about 6 seconds at a time. Other than that, I highly recommend this hostel!