Auberge de la Paix Québec Reviews

31, Rue Couillard, Quebec, Canada

This hostel is in a nice old building that has character and is in a great location. The kitchen facilities were clean and well stocked, although there is only one sink. Since it is an old building, the walls are quite thin and the floors are creaky. In the morning it is impossible to not wake up at 7 am when everyone is heading down to breakfast. I couldn't get to sleep the first night because the receptionists were having a very loud conversation till well past midnight.

it was too noisy even at the midnight. There were some people who yelling and singing at 4 a.m. and it was not soundproof room at all.

The location can't be beat! The hostel itself was adequate although no locks on the doors is very bizzare - also the worst hostel showers I've ever had, you have to hold down the button the entire time and even then it's not warm. The atmosphere was lacking but we appreciated the breakfast! Super cheap so we left feeling good.

Everything was very good,except the showers are dodgy,water goes off after 10 seconds.

I had a great time when I stayed here. The staff were friendly and helpful. They were glad to provide all information to you. Although the door of room didn't have a lock, I felt safe. Yet, there is one thing you have to know - they don't have an elevator.

I only stayed a single night at the hostel, but the location was great! The beds were good, and they provided slippers to change into at the door. I had read other reviews about the showers and to prepare other visitors: you have to push the button for the shower water to come out. As in, if you want to wetten anything, you will have to continually hold that button down - it doesn't automatically stream for a few minutes. This can be difficult at times when trying to rinse!

The Staff is not so friendly, the beds are horribles, and the water is cold! The only goods things are the breakfast and the location..

Great location and nice staff. It is a bit troublesome to press the button for shower every 10-15 seconds.

great hostel. only downside was the showers had very poor pressure and they didn't always supply enough bread for breakfast to feed everyone.

I felt at home, it was lovely. Thank you for the nice stay, staff and environment.

• 14th Feb 2015

A basic hostel with what you need but not much more. Only security in the whole place are lockers in the room. Good location for the old city but wouldn't recommend visiting January (museums and even some stores and restaurants are closed... it's the time of year for renovations apparently).

Tip: Use 2nd floor shower:) Other shower buttons: press every 5 seconds; shiver while applying soap. Thin walls: noise travels. Morning wake with the sound of the shower button being pressed many times like a slow hammer. Uncomfortable mattresses, not terrible. Nice slipper-shoes provided for you. Dreadful coffee maker! BUT any inconvenience was out-shone by the excellent location. Safe, clean, tidy, satisfying, helpful. Cute. Excellent service. (But didn’t return my cash deposit.)

Amazing location in the middle of Quebec's old town. Hostel was quiet (middle of winter) so we were lucky and had a 6-bed dorm all to ourselves. Clean and bright but nothing fancy - sheets didn't quite fit on the bed properly, mattress was squeaky, breakfast (included) is basic toast and cereal. Overall a good choice.

I had a really nice stay at the Auberge de la Paix! The staff were super friendly and helpful, the dorms nice and the kitchen clean and well equipped. I wasn't a fan of the push button showers, but managed to find a regular shower on the 2nd floor.

Great hostel located right in downtown Quebec, really close to the main street and most of the attractions. The breakfast provided was actually way better than I expected. The owner was pretty welcoming and explained some useful stuffs if you wanna roam around the city. Will come back again if I get a chance to come back to Quebec

This is a nice hostel in a brilliant location. It is nothing flash but does the job.

The showers were insane. Haha I've never seen a place like this before. Every 10 seconds you had to push this button in very very hard in order to get water. The temp wasn't even adjustable.

We are sorry to reed that you had so much problem with our Hostel showers. Normaly they work pretty good. Since we have read your comments, we have made some changes to the showers hoping this will do the job. Thanx to let us know this situation and be sure that we're always trying to be better and better. Alain Laflamme General Manager