Augarten Hostel Reviews

Heinestrasse 15, Vienna, Austria

It was an excellent place, absolute value for money winner. 5 min walk away from the Prater and the subway, various stores nearby. There wasn't a kitchen, but you can freely use the bar in the lobby, which provides all the basic necessities, also offer free coffee and tea; there isn't anybody from the staff to keep an eye on you, which makes it very comfortable to use, yet most of the times there is somebody on the check-in desk if you need them. Extremely helpful receptionist girl from LA!

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Bulgaria

Lovely break from the hectic hostel life! Nice and relaxed.

FYI this is a student residence during the school year... just to give you an idea of what its like. I did the "2 person mixed dorm". It is a college dorm with its own washroom and fridge. PennyMarkt nearby and U-Bahn is only 7min walk. About 25min walk to Innere Stadt. No atmosphere really, however there is a "lounge" you can use. Stay was fine, would stay again but first might try another place.

The room wasn't very clean, and though there was a waterboiler for tea in the room, we didn't have any cups or alike, so what's the point of a tea kitchen then.

This hostel is more like an excellent hotel. The building and the facilities are awesome. Everything was clean. Rooms were well-equipped. Coffee for free. Staff was nice. Easily accessible by metro. I would definitely recommend this hostel especially for couples and people looking for quality.

I cannot reccommend this place highly enough. So far it has been the best hostel I have stayed in (even better than some hotels). I ended up staying here an extra couple of days and treatings this place as a "Hub" for Salzburg, Budapest, and Bratislava. If you are going to any city near to Vienna (especially for interrailers / eurrailers) I would suggest staying here and just commute to the different cities.

We showed up at the Augarten after a 9 hour night train with very little sleep. The woman on the desk could tell we were tired and even though check in wasn't until 3, she gave us a room anyway. The bed and pillows were great and the bathroom was so nice and clean. We only spent a night there but we would gladly go back again!

• 24th Jul 2014

It is more like a budget, quality hotel.

This hostel resembles a hotel in every sense of the word, the rooms are clean and very comfortable, and you get your sheets and separate shower too. The staff is incredibly friendly in all times of the day, and they let you make your own tea and coffee which is a pleasant convenience. All in all, this is the best hostel I have been to!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

This has recently been switched from a hotel to a hostel. So the rooms and cleanliness are hotel quality. A little bit out from the city centre but a 5 min walk from the underground station. There's no hostel atmosphere here though, and it doesn't seem that they're willing to make it more like a hostel. Wouldn't recommend to a solo traveller but if your in a group already and not staying long this isn't a bad option

Great place to stay. Super close to all kinds of transit to put to right into the heart of the city. The staff is also very knowledgable and helpful. Not the classic young people hostel, but was a good place to stay.

• 20th Jul 2014

Stayed here for two nights. The room was really clean and pretty big. Beds were comfortable. Wifi in the room is a big plus. Staff was very helpful and provided us with information about where to go and how to go. Location is pretty close to the u-bahn. you just need to find the right exit :) If we come back to Wien some day this is definitely the place to stay.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only stayed one night, tried my to extend my stay but they were full, so I moved on. The hostel has a great set up and is very comfortable.

The staff members speak perfect English, and they were very kind, especially Susie. The hostel does not serve breakfast, but I had a fridge, a microwave, and a kettle in my room. The WiFi connection was very good. The hostel is 10 minutes walking from Praterstern, which is a train station that connects to 2 subway lines, and has a supermarket open until 22:00, even on Sundays.

I loved Augarten! The rooms were extremely clean and were perfect for our stay. The shower was small but manageable. The staff was amazing! They recommended places for us to eat, answered all our questions, and even showed us exactly how to use the washer and dryer. The location is about a 5 minute walk to the u-Bahn. It was quiet. We were lucky with weather being in the low 80s. If it had been much higher I think it would have been difficult without air conditioning. I still recommend it!

Great hostel. Amazing value. If I'm nitpicking the shower door wasn't big enough so got a lot of water on the floor of the en suite. But this is trivial considering that there was an en suite bathroom in such a fantastically priced room. Plus the coffee facilities in the lobby were great. Feel the urge to buy a senseo machine now.

• 13th Jul 2014

This is not a hostel, no matter what they call themselves. It's a hotel where you have to make your own bed and get your own breakfast.

I would appreciate it if they had recycle bins. Too bad they're not open to the public year-round.

good location (close to U2 Taborstraße), sometimes there was no staff at the reception

We were looking for just a place to crash after spending our extended layover in Vienna. We booked quickly and easily using hostel world. Found the property quite easily and the reviews are pretty spot on. Bathrooms were clean, rooms were clean and beds were comfy. This isn't your typical party hostel, if you're looking for that look elsewhere. Reception was friendly and offered us their contact info incase we had trouble re-entering the property in case there was nobody.

• 10th Jul 2014