Augarten Hostel Reviews

Heinestrasse 15, Vienna, Austria

Stayed here for two nights. The room was really clean and pretty big. Beds were comfortable. Wifi in the room is a big plus. Staff was very helpful and provided us with information about where to go and how to go. Location is pretty close to the u-bahn. you just need to find the right exit :) If we come back to Wien some day this is definitely the place to stay.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only stayed one night, tried my to extend my stay but they were full, so I moved on. The hostel has a great set up and is very comfortable.

I loved Augarten! The rooms were extremely clean and were perfect for our stay. The shower was small but manageable. The staff was amazing! They recommended places for us to eat, answered all our questions, and even showed us exactly how to use the washer and dryer. The location is about a 5 minute walk to the u-Bahn. It was quiet. We were lucky with weather being in the low 80s. If it had been much higher I think it would have been difficult without air conditioning. I still recommend it!

Great hostel. Amazing value. If I'm nitpicking the shower door wasn't big enough so got a lot of water on the floor of the en suite. But this is trivial considering that there was an en suite bathroom in such a fantastically priced room. Plus the coffee facilities in the lobby were great. Feel the urge to buy a senseo machine now.

• 13th Jul 2014

This is not a hostel, no matter what they call themselves. It's a hotel where you have to make your own bed and get your own breakfast.

good location (close to U2 Taborstraße), sometimes there was no staff at the reception

We were looking for just a place to crash after spending our extended layover in Vienna. We booked quickly and easily using hostel world. Found the property quite easily and the reviews are pretty spot on. Bathrooms were clean, rooms were clean and beds were comfy. This isn't your typical party hostel, if you're looking for that look elsewhere. Reception was friendly and offered us their contact info incase we had trouble re-entering the property in case there was nobody.

• 10th Jul 2014

I paid hostel price and stayed in a hotel!

We checked in and the girl that helped us was super nice. You had to make your own beds which was odd as they give you your stuff downstairs. Wifi worked well and there was an elevator. Room got a bit stuffy.. But overall a pretty decent place. Quite a walk from the center but it is a nice walk. Pretty quiet area at night. Close to the fair which was fun!

Great place, it was really nice to stay there! Thank you! Florin

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Romania

Wonderful pillows!! :) Best nights sleep in the whole holiday. Very nice neighbourhood and pleasant walk into town. Hardly saw or heard another guest, so not great atmosphere. Room and bathroom were beautiful for and fantastic value. More like a 4* hotel.

This hostel has been recently renovated. It is more like a hotel rather than a hostel.. Which worked well for us. Rooms were clean and new. Within walking distance to the centre of the city and the Ferris wheel. The only negative is that they never serviced the room during our four night stay.. Not even to empty the bin and the shower had very little pressure.

Hotel standard, large comfortable rooms, friendly helpful staff

Not a proper hostel but it was a great change to stay in a spacious double bed room with excellent room wifi with which to not worry about scattering my luggage round the room at what was a very reasonable rate for a 2 day stay in our own room, the room was large, the bed very comfortable, bathroom very clean. The location in my opinion is not the best and there is not atmoshpere to speak of and no bar. However very good to relax properly after 2 weeks of hostel dorm stay travel.

The Augarten is a very clean hostel and is located closer to the downtown than most hostels I looked at in Vienna. They don't have bunk beds and you're basically paying to get a hotel room though with a couple extra beds in it. It doesn't really have any atmosphere though, and the staff was unable to make suggestions regarding the night life, where to eat, or even a place to go watch world cup other than 'go to the bar district'.

If you would like an almost hotel accommodation, this is the place.

This is the best of the eight hostels I passed through during my month long European holiday. Clean, up to date, in-room mini fridges and fair driers, marble lobby. It's all around good.

This new hostel is a college dorm during the school year. The all-new rooms are clean and gorgeous though. Think "hotel" more than "dorm." There is inexpensive food nearby, plus train and U-bahn stations. The staff was fantastic. I'd stay here again, no question.

The staff was very rude to me at check in. They were unwilling to help or give any tips about things to do throughout the city. The wifi didn't work very well. Also the location isn't very good. Very far outside of the center of the city. It's all the way on the end of one of the metro lines.

The hostel is nice, clean, comfortable and quite. At the same time of you are looking to meet other travelers or party then this isn't for you. It has more if a hotel atmosphere then a hostel atmosphere. Yet this is a new hostel and might be different when you arrive

• 30th Jun 2014