Auntie Julie's House in Taichung Reviews

Rm. 11, 7F., No.32, Luchuan E. St., Central Dist., Taichung, Taiwan

Auntie Julie's House is just an 8-bed dorm with a bathroom, but if you don't need a bar or a lobby, it's a very good place to stay. Even if there are 8 people in the room, there's enough space for everyone!

just 10-20 steps from Taichung trainstation Aunt Julie is very nice and warm .. 沒想到機場遇到你!!!哈 good price, good facilities, with lockers, computer, wifi, cleaning machines and a fridge ( quite noisy , better turn it off if u don;t want it. Good place to know someone in Taichung.'

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

it was good to sleep and easy to find the car park nearby the hostel~

Auntie Julie very nice and the location very convenient and near to railwa station. Will com back again if I visit Taichung next time.

Excellent place to sleep and read, very clean, helpful staff. Some little things to improve: mattresses - a bit too thin, bottomed out under my shoulder, shower wall placement - the electrically heated mirror and bathroom sink were unnecessarily on the shower side, shower wall transparency - privacy between toilet and shower was a bit weak as the shower wall windows weren't as blurry as they could

Auntie Julie is so nice and helpful , like a family member . The hostel is very convenient to go anywhere as it's near the railway station !

Is my first trip in taiwan and taichung is the first cities I visited. The owner is very knowledgeable to cater for all your answer about where to go in taichung, that's the place I met my fellow backpacker who share the same adventure mindset as I do...

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you for you warm hospitality. Mostly I have a good night there. Auntie Julie and her son are so kind and helpful. You guiding information is very useful for me. Bathroom is large and easy to use. There is only one comment about the bed clothes. I saw some old bloodstain on my bed clothes. Hope that you should remove that bed clothes. The others is fine.

such close to the railway station! staff is really nice and helpful!

Auntie Julie is a wonderful lady who makes you feel very at home.

Auntie Julie is very friendly and provides a map that would help u to better navigate around Taichung .

convenient to taichung station. comfortable beds and blankets. good a/c. only one medium size room with 4 bunk beds, so not really any common area.....also only one bathroom which can only accomodate one person at a time, so best to plan bathroom use ahead of time....not a problem if there's only 3 or 4 people staying there....more of a problem if there are max. number (8). Julie is helpful manager....she can meet you on the street if you can't find the elevator entrance......

Aunty is quite nice and friendly, even when I left my luggage in the room without informing her because I was thinking of two more nights stay here, but aunty did not know that. She kept my luggage and emailed me, though I did not manage to reply her, feel so sorry about that. Anyway, the atmosphere there in the room was harmonious and I made a couple of friends there. Price is moderate, good for a solo budget stay. The only thing I felt not comfortable was bathroom did not have ventilation fan.

Auntie Julie is really nice and helpful but it's not the best place to meet other travelers. Think of it as a place to sleep and not to hang.

A walking distance to the main railway station. And auntie julie is a lovely and nice host, and of course his son. It is in an apartment. They' ve got very thoughtful details. Auntis julie lives just 2-floor below us. Good place!