Aurora Hostel Reviews

109 Ma May Street, Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam

The bath was not connected to the floor resulting in bruises when I showered. The basin fell off the wall. The aircon rattled and smelt abismal. The staff were abrupt, inattentive and at times almost rude. Though the locations awesome, and the rooms themselves are nice- I really didn't enjoy my stay here. The beds were also the hardest things I've ever slept on (even by Vietnamese standards).

We loved staying at this hotel! Everything was wonderful. Staff were very lovely and spoke English well! Rooms were clean and reasonably priced. Thank you very much!!

Awful hostel. Do not stay. We got a private room, firstly it had a moudly smell. Secondly, the aircon was not working, it was blowing air, but not cold air, and the staff said that it was because vietinamise people dont feel hot. Thirdly, there was a thin layer of dust all over the floor. Moreover, the toilet was disgusting, and looked dirty. One bed was really hard. Lastly, the staff was trying so hard to sell us an overpriced tour. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Áll the staff was amazing! They are very kind and helpfull. They alway helped us to organise and arrange everything. Thank you for everything!

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Hungary

Stayed at 501, a nice room with big window. The staff was incredible, helpful and constantly went out of their way to try and help us. Sapa and Halong bay excursion made through the Hostel was well priced. We had a great time there and definitely recommend for everyone.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Austria

Good location and cozy bed but the detail said "The reception is 24 hours" is not true! I arrived Hanoi 4.30 am but I had to wait at the front at the hotel. I tried to knock , ring a door many times and no respond. Moreover, I called to them 7 times, there is someone pick up , say hi and cutt phone off . So, if you want to book here, Please make sure they won't let you cold at outside and meet with annoying guy. Ps. Here close around 11 pm.

Beautiful location, nice staff, nice room, big breakfast

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

The hotel was pretty shabby, and while they were initially very helpful, the staff turned on us pretty viciously when they discovered that we had booked a tour with another company because it was cheaper than what Aurora had offered. Additionally, they overcharged us pretty significantly (as retribution?). Aside from these difficulties, the beds were lousy, the other facilities a joke, roaches everywhere, and a not very good breakfast. By contrast, the 3B Hotel two doors away is a 100%

Warm atmosphere, clean room, rich breakfast. Great location, helpful staff.

• 1st Jul 2014

Clean room and affordable price. Stunning buffet breakfast. Staff spoke well English. Travel desk with useful information to get. AURORA is Very good point.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

Cheap and so good. Bed is very clean, comfortable. It's awesome breakfast with many choices. Very cheap to book the tour with the travel desk and open bus ticket with full stop with $55 . they show all the options with competitive prices. Would love to recommend for every one.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Friendly staff. Location was ok. Room wasnt that impressive

Amazing location it is. I bought "Sapa & Halong Tours" with them was extreme fun. Our group almost the friendly guys and talkative. We had great fun on Top of Fansipan 3days trip and all slept at the Hut. Minority guide who spoke English as the native guys. Ask Victoria for choosing the best deals. She gave me excellent service.

• 28th Dec 2013

Just stay for a night. I booked with the hotels cruise to Halong Bay was excellent. Spent a night on Firefly Cruise and a night on Bungalow to avoid the crowded. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious and multiple choice. Return and stay 3 nights then booked the open bus to the South was cheap. Actually a bit hard to sleep by Bus I think all bus is the same but you know what you get what you pay for. I stop in Hue and ask the hotels staff change for me the train.

• 27th Dec 2013

first of all, the staffs was very nice! and the location wsa perfect^^

We had 2 rooms. A larger one at the front was light and spacious, but on the main thoroughfare of the old quarter so a bit noisy despite double glazing. Our other room was at the back so quieter, but dark as the only window opened into an internal light well. The room was just big enough for 2 if one climbed over the suitcases, and the far side of the room was not well cleaned. The electric were a bit dodgy and my bedside lamp blew the bulb first and then the replacement had frayed wires. Having said that,

We had a great time in Hanoi and a very pleasant stay at the Hanoi Emerald Hotel. The rooms are clean, light and well equipped. The Staff help with any questions you might have more. They are very friendly and gave us a lot of helpful information. We can recommend the hotel and say big thank you to the staff. Enjoy Vietnam, the culture and his own Charm. Ernest & Silvio from Germany

• 20th Oct 2010

This hostel is located in the heart of Hanoi city. You can access to the Hanoi sightseeing spots like Hoankiem Lake, shopping streets easily.And the hostel is the cleanest I have ever stayed. The staff is really kind and helpful. If I have a chance to visit Hanoi again, I will choose this hostel again !!! Thank you ~~

Everything perfect! since I booked in months before going I send many mails with doubts and the answer was really fast.The stay great,above all the staff that made our trip so easy,they were very friendly and helpful with us ( all facilities for everything: booking trips, taxis,left luggage in the hostel during trips)..our room very nice with ac and internet.very well located and good price also!!worth it!

Very clean and centrally located place. And it's a hotel not a hostel. Nice beds, TV, internet in the room, etc. Thanks for a great stay. I would definitelly stay there again.