Aussie Hostel Reviews

169 Mohamed Fareed street, Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

Good place to stay in downtown. Close to the metro and bus terminal. Staff are helpful Best budget bed I had in Egypt.

highly recommended stay... the guys went out of their way to make me feel welcome. value for money on tours... a extra thanks to Remy for only being a phone call away and doing should a great job at organizing my stay with me and being flexible. great place to stay while in Cairo. 적극 추천하는 숙박 ...사람들은 나를 환영 느낄 수 있도록 그들의 방법 갔다. 투어에 돈을 위해 가치 ... 단지 전화 떨어져있는 나와 함께 내 체류를 조직에서 훌륭한 일을해야하고 유연한 것에 대해 레미에 대한 추가 감사합니다. 카이로에있는 동안 머물 수있는 좋은 장소입니다.

The staff at the hostel caused us to miss our ship by having us wait for an hour and 45 minutes for a taxi. During that time they repeatedly gave us false information and pretended the taxi was just about to arrive. We were eaten alive by mosquitoes because they keep the windows open and the lights on all evening. We had at lease a dozen in our room. Overall a very bad experience, and not an Aussie to be found.

YA IN AUSSIE WE TRUST

easy and friendly staff, central and relaxing spot! recommended

Wonderful staff, extremely helpful, organised tours for me, shopped for me, booked further accommodation in other towns, booked bus tickets. Always ready to assist in any way. Room basic but spotless. Highly recommend this hostel which is in a great central location.

bed bugs :( staff was friendly, helped me out with 2 questions out of 4

• 4th Jan 2013
  • Estonia

Thank you for your review. I tool long time to reply on your review to get myself a chance to ask all our guests if there is any bed bugs and we found out that there is no bed bugs at all. you have arrived at 03;00 am and left at 12:00 noon, means you stayed only 8 hours at the hostel. We wished we could serve you more than that....

The time we arrive Aussie they don't recognize our booking then even told us no room on dorm. The guy at the front speaks poor English and helpless. Don't take tea from them even they say its free,will be cost when you check out by different guy you were talking to.

The time you arrived guys it was too early to check in as the check in time is 12:00 noon and the guy who was at the reception managed to give you two beds in a Triple (air-conditioned room) by the time you have arrived in order to be helpful. you are right about his English. he is still learning and improving his English and that's why his shift is the night shift which is from 00:00 to 08:00. Thank you anyway for staying with us and for your feedback.

Good place to stay. Friendly Staff.

I'm glad that of all the places I could have stayed in downtown Cairo, I chose Aussie Hostel. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean. There's a kitchen and lounge area, but the thing that makes this place better than others is the staff. Hany, the manager is very helpful and will give you great travel tips, even if you don't end up using his tour services. He's a good guy and watches out for all the guests. I definitely would stay there again.

• 13th Dec 2012

Aussie is a great hostel. The staff is warm and welcoming, the beds comfy, and the location excellent. It's a very nice place to stay, at a very nice price. Highly recommended.

Really good hostel, great cheap price, staff made us feel really welcome and helped us a lot by translating directions into arabic to make sure we'd find the next place we were going. Good breakfast and clean, comfortable beds.

Very good place to stay in Cairo, run by the friendly and helpful Hany, and all his staff. Hostel is clean, offers a very good breakfast, and is a short walk to Tahir Square and the Museum. It also has two nearby metro stations. I would stay again.

No Complaints here ...The staffs went out of their way to assist me in organising tours....Keep it up

Thank you Mr. Shahrin, It was our pleasure to serve and meet you in Cairo. Wish to see you again soon... Aussie Hostel staff

An amazing hostel. A true home away from home, new family included. Excellent facilities and an amazingly helpful staff! Comfortable rooms and wonderful clientele. Absolutely no complaints

• 16th Nov 2012

location is ok food and shops around. Very smokey not plesent for a non smoker. matteresses permently indented need replaced. the reaason I left was unclean conditions watch them perpare the bed next to me for a new guess the didnt even change the bedding just brusted off the sheets by hand and made the bed never seen anything like it.

I have investigated what you said about didn't changing the bedding and that wasn't true. What happened is there was a customer who was putting his stuff on the bed which makes it unprepared and that 's why they didn't change the bedding because it was already clean, there are plenty of non smokers who are staying at the moment at the hostel and they find it pleasant place for them. Thank you for your review anyway and that's the life we will never be able to satisfy all the types of guests even if we are doing our best like we do.

this hostel is great , i stayed in private room with AC, very basic, but comfy beds and very clean. Cairo is a difficult city to discover, but the staff was very helpful giving us a guide or even planning excursion around the city or anywhere in Egypt. For me, was very valuable doing my Egypt experience more enjoyable. Nice breakfast, good facilities, and easy airport pick-up Definitely a good choice, value for money. finally i want say thanks for hany , rami and all staff work here

• 6th Nov 2012
  • Syria

So many mosquitoes in the hostel!! Safe place, but there is no locker. Breakfast was good, and the staffs were nice.

i felt i payed no money for all the good service i got . It was very nice staff and nice room ! Breakfast was good . location is very good spc for you to shopping ........ but it will be deficult to move to another area because off the trafic... next time if i will visit Cairo i will stay there again.100%.

• 29th Oct 2012
  • Afghanistan

The guys that run this hostel are AWESOME!! Very freindly and made you feel very comfortable and safe, especially when you arrive in a country you are not so sure about!! They offered to go get us dinner when they thought the street was not safe to go out in :) Also made you breakfast at what ever time u got up (1pm for me)! Would definately stay here again and recommend it to others..