Aussie Way Hostel Reviews

34 Cricket Street, Brisbane, Australia

Loved the relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Great place to explore Brisbane and close to bus terminal.

Only stayed one night, but this place got the job done. Quiet and clean with a working air conditioner in the room, but all of the facilities are quite run down. The other guests were courteous and the one employee I dealt with was helpful. There was a kitchen, although I didn't use it. Liked that they kept my bags for me after checkout so I could wander around town a bit without them. No complaints.

• 27th Jan 2015

We appreciate your feedback, thank you. Feel free to come by anytime.

A nice place, really relaxing and peaceful!

Glad you thought so! Safe travels.

The staff was friendly enough but... I was bitten by bed bugs (unmistakable several bites in a straight line, well known from the third world, but I wouldn't expect it in Australia), I also saw cockroaches running in the kitchen. Add to it heaps of dirt on hanging cables and behind the tv screen. When I told it to the young lady in charge, she blamed the travelers for bringing the bed bugs and the climate for the cockroaches.

As we thoroughly cleaned out your room, there was not a trace to be found of bed bugs, nor did any of your room mates complain. Bedbugs do happen to be brought in by travellers, perhaps you spent some time on a farm before coming here? We spray against insects and clean our facilities daily. However we are in Queensland and cockroaches are unfortunately part of the climate. We do hope that you enjoyed Brisbane however.

Cosy little hostel with friendly staff.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we do appreciate it.

I really enjoyed my stay at Aussie Ways. It felt like home, the staff was very nice and it was clean, friendly and quiet (no party hostel).

Thank you for your kind words and we're glad that we were able to make you feel at home. Feel free to come again anytime!

This is our favourite hostel so far. We booked a double room and were put out the back in the separate part away from the main part of the hostel next to the pool. We were essentially in our own house sharing with 3 other rooms. We had our own kitchen and bathroom shared between the rooms. Sofas, games and T.V made it feel a real home from home. We spent 5 nights there and really didn't want to leave. Bed was soooooo comfortable!

We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for leaving a review. Come back anytime!

someone came into our 4-beds room in the early morning! Kinda scary....

Yes, in a dorm-room this is prone to happen. Nevertheless, rest assured that only people who sleep in the room and have a key can enter. We do hope that you enjoyed your stay.

Good value for money accommodation.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Thank you for leaving a review!

It's not in the heart of the party area, which is nice if you are looking to get some sleep. It is only a short walk away from several bars and all the other hostels. Free WiFi would have been nice. Also, very limited shower and bathroom facilities. The pool is quite nice if you are looking to cool off. Overall a pretty good hostel. The mattresses sitting on the street are a bit off-putting, but once inside, it's not all that bad. For the price it's a good value.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Thank you for leaving a review! The mattresses on the side walk were waiting to be picked up by the city council. Unfortunately there is no other place to put them, so that's just the way things go. Our room vs bathroom ration is at a legal rate of 10 to 1. Our guests are free to use the bathrooms on any floor to avoid waiting times. As for the wifi: we changed this in the past few months. We now have free interned available. Thanks again and we hope that you enjoyed your stay!

Good hostel, friendly staff, relax atmosphere

Thank you for leaving a review!

Only stayed one night but was just what I needed. Staff was helpful and the atmosphere was friendly. Definitely not a party hostel which is exactly what I was looking for.

• 19th Oct 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that we were able to satisfy you!

Bästa hostel i Australien. Litet, mysigt. Rummen var fräscha, luftiga. Lätt värt att bo här några nätter. Känns verkligen inte som ett hostel. 5 min från busstationen, och 20 min till stan. Det enda negativa var det lilla köket, annars var allt kanon