Aussie Way Hostel Reviews

34 Cricket Street, Brisbane, Australia

Good overall hostel but a few downsides. The Wifi is often overcrowded or unavailable so don't expect to use it on peak hours. Small kitchen for that many people. You have to go ask to get a few basic things (like a blanket).

Thank you for your review. Yes, the Wifi is overcrowded at times, that's the downside to it being free. As far as we're aware, there is nothing we can do about it, except for asking money for internet-use. We're sorry that you had to come and ask for a thicker blanket. During the winter-months we do offer them to every guest, so this was likely an isolated mistake by a staff-member. Great to hear that you liked it overall though!

It was the quietest backpackers I have ever been to. The bed sheets were laundered but the sheet had chewing gum stuck to it. The floors were resonably clean, and the building was showing its age. the staf were pleasent enough, and the toilet and mens shower were really clean. I would stay there again Cheers, Ashley

• 12th Apr 2015

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry about your sheet! This must've been overlooked whilst washing and folding, so we hope that you asked for a new sheet upon discovery. Glad to read that the rest of your experience was good. You are most certainly welcome to stay here again.

Nice,quiet hostel. Backyard and pool area are nice.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for the lovely feedback, Leeni!

Not that special hostel but the atmosphere is good laid back atmosphere. After 10 P.M.

Hi Budi, thank you for leaving a review. Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere,- but that is less our doing than the guests' that stay here (although staff really tries to make things pleasant!). Obviously, we can't screen the laid-back personalities from other ones or discriminate on them, so sometimes you have to take what you get.

Loved the relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Great place to explore Brisbane and close to bus terminal.

Thank you. The lovely feedback is much appreciated!

Only stayed one night, but this place got the job done. Quiet and clean with a working air conditioner in the room, but all of the facilities are quite run down. The other guests were courteous and the one employee I dealt with was helpful. There was a kitchen, although I didn't use it. Liked that they kept my bags for me after checkout so I could wander around town a bit without them. No complaints.

We appreciate your feedback, thank you. Feel free to come by anytime.

A nice place, really relaxing and peaceful!

Glad you thought so! Safe travels.

The staff was friendly enough but... I was bitten by bed bugs (unmistakable several bites in a straight line, well known from the third world, but I wouldn't expect it in Australia), I also saw cockroaches running in the kitchen. Add to it heaps of dirt on hanging cables and behind the tv screen. When I told it to the young lady in charge, she blamed the travelers for bringing the bed bugs and the climate for the cockroaches.

As we thoroughly cleaned out your room, there was not a trace to be found of bed bugs, nor did any of your room mates complain. Bedbugs do happen to be brought in by travellers, perhaps you spent some time on a farm before coming here? We spray against insects and clean our facilities daily. However we are in Queensland and cockroaches are unfortunately part of the climate. We do hope that you enjoyed Brisbane however.

Cosy little hostel with friendly staff.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we do appreciate it.

I really enjoyed my stay at Aussie Ways. It felt like home, the staff was very nice and it was clean, friendly and quiet (no party hostel).

Thank you for your kind words and we're glad that we were able to make you feel at home. Feel free to come again anytime!