Aussie Way Hostel Reviews

34 Cricket Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

It's a nice quiet hostel with a nice pool and all for a good price. No complaints

Nice quiet hostel in a good location. Having previously lived in Brisbane, I couldn't face staying in the dire Roma Street hostels & wanted somewhere we could sleep at night after seeing the sights of the city! Had 4 lovely nights sleep here. Returned late from the cinema one night and were surprised that no one was still up! Bunks in our dorm were dangerous with no sides, other dorms were ok. Kitchen tiny but clean. Good option if u don't want to be annoyed by party people!

Great place and would strongly recommend it!

• 22nd Feb 2014

Clearly my standards are higher than others, so much so that i reduced my stay from 4 to 2 nights. Staff were offhand, i made a facetious joke about paying for a key deposit and was stonewalled! It needs to be upgraded, the 'shabby chic' look wears thin v quickly. Plus my linen wasn't clean, the bunks are terrible have never felt like its going to collapse before. Too prescriptive, signs are literally everywhere, you can't do this and that! I'm 28 and not a yob and have a modicum of common sense

Very helpful staff, very quiet hostel, nice rooms, 10 minute walk to the train station (roma street) and just a few more to the city. Supermarket 5 Minutes away, all good. Would definitely come back and recommend it.

• 23rd Jan 2014

I loved this hostel. Our twin room was very clean and quite spacious. There was a lovely pool, a relaxed atmosphere, and Alanna, who ran the hostel, was extremely helpful and friendly.

• 18th Jan 2014

A most excellent small hostel ideal for those whom like the quiet. The hostel is within walking distance of the transit station (known as Roma Station) and nearby facilites including Coles, pubs, restaurants , cinema and sports arena. Also they have a pool, which is cool, especially in the current heat wave.

Our stay there was perfect. Our room was beautiful, quiet, and the facilities lovely and very clean. The last couple of days though, a family with a baby arrived to the room next to ours, and they were very loud really early.

Great quiet hostel, perfect for NON-party-crazy types. Good location on a quiet street, but very close to transport/bars/restaurants. Nice pool and outside area. Would recommend, our only complaints were- the air conditioning was really loud and clunky so you either had to sleep in hot room or noisy room, and there weren't enough bathrooms to go around when hostel was at capacity, had to queue for a shower.

I booked a single room but got placed in a double instead (no extra charge), it was good value with a small bar fridge and aircon to use at night. The pool area is kept quite clean, and it's a nice place to relax. The hostel doesn't blare music morning noon and night, so it's easy to find a quiet spot. The only suggestion I would make is upgrading the present bath towel-as-a-bathmat system, as the towels get saturated quickly from the showers and are only changed in the morning.

Really liked this hostel and it's lay out and facilities but the staff could have been far far friendlier! Also there were signs and notices everywhere with rule after rule. I know its important to keep things running smoothly but it was a bit OTT and made me feel like I was back at school. Otherwise a great place. Easy to get to from the bus station and the pool is great in hot weather.

it s nice hostel

I was working in Brisbane so this quiet hostel was perfect for me. It isn't a party hostel. You can't be outside after 10pm and have to be in your dorm for 12. Also the kitchen shuts at 9. My only qualms were the unflexible early 10am check out (as I was at work till 4am) and I found one of the members of staff quite rude.

• 11th Dec 2013

Quiet and comfortable. Booked our trip to Australia Zoo with these guys including hostel pick up. Within walking distance of the bus terminal but a bit of a hike with backpacks in tow!

we really enjoy our stay in this nice, confortable and centra hostel. All was good we high raccomand it

• 7th Dec 2013

I liked a pool and big living room in privat house. Its really nice hostel

I really injoyed the atmosphere at the hostel and the location. I could feel free at the same time as there was always somebody to talk to. Liked the pool too because I´m an early swimmer, the water was clean and I could find nice privacy. My room was well attended to with AC and a fridge, clean and cousy. Many thanks to the staff/liisa

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Very nice hostel in a typical house from Brisbane. The good thing is that the hostel is very close from the Greyhound station and just 5-10 min by the walk form the citycenter. The staff is not the most friendly I've ever seen...

Lovely friendly staff, one of the best hostels we have stayed at and good facilities with fridges in the rooms. Showers and kitchen could do with a bit of modernising (new cistern lid for girls toilet!) but overall a really nice environment. Smoking area should be moved further away from the door to the building (legally!) as the smoke smell comes in very easily.