Aussie Woolshed Reviews

181 Torquay Road, Hervey Bay, Australia

lovely hostel, very peaceful and relaxed the only problem we had was with reception being closed a lot of the time, possibly this is just a lack of staff. other than that our night there was great! we stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, each bunk had it's own cubby whole giving guests privacy and the lockers/cupboards were plenty bug enough for our backpacks.

Awesome hostel, very tidy and clean. BBQ and chilling in the hammock a plus. Lots to do outside such as jet skiing, paddle boarding. Also very helpful with booking my Fraser tour.

• 15th Jan 2015

A very beautiful hostel, ideal for recharging after Fraiser Island. Good value for money!

Lovely place! Only negative thing was that I booked and paid for 6 bed dorm and they put me into 8 or 10 bed dorm.

Thanks for your feedback! You forgot to mention that for the 3 nights you booked there was never more than 6 people in this room so it was only a 6 share dorm for your whole stay. You actually got a free upgrade as our other 6 bed dorm doesn't have an ensuite. If we put people in different rooms it's always an upgrade at our expense and never a downgrade. Happy travels!

Staff were really helpful Room was very stuffy- Had no window.

Best hostel ever

• 28th Dec 2014

We stayed there just two nights, but it was great! the only problem is that there was no air conditioning and the room was really hot, but for the price we paid it was more than we expected (6 bed dorms)

Fantastic stay! Great value rooms everyone was so friendly! I would highly recommend :)

• 19th Dec 2014

You have to pay extra for aircon. The owner didn't help me reschedule a tour because i didn't book it with her. She also didn't even let me use her phone i would have paid for to reschedule the tour on my own. I didn't feel welcome at that place.

Decent hostel with good size dorms. Only two toilets and two showers for the entire hostel. Check out is early at 9:30am. Tara on reception is very helpful and helped to make our stay enjoyable. Shame the free wifi is limited to just 250mb.

Just to clarify this guests comments, Dorm rooms and budget rooms use our shared facilities but all other rooms have their own ensuite. We don't receive unlimited data from our Telstra provider therefore we've worked out a fair system of data allocation depending on how long guests are staying. This guest stayed for 1 night only and were both given 300mb each (not 250mb) if they'd stayed another night they would have received more. Also if guests book tours we are happy to give more if needed.

Very friendly staff, nice backyard and relaxed groove.

Thanks for your feedback, we loved having you stay and enjoyed your groovy tunes on the guitar!!

There was a massive gap under are door and we was woken up my a massive cockroach are room. Staff were lovely On movie night the movie didn't work was very disappointing

We enjoyed our stay in Woolshed. The staff is really nice and helpful. The rooms are clean with good beds. The sfeer in this hostel was just perfect!

• 16th Nov 2014

I stayed in a 6 mix dorm. The beds are really good! And you have your own little space, because of the wall between the dubbelbeds. The hostel is 5 min walk from the beach.

Once I became familiar with sleeping in one building and using the bathroom and kitchen in others ie, you need to go outside to get to other facilities. It was a very sweet hostel. Small and personal. Nice laid back and homely feel to the place. The owners are great! Very friendly and helpful.

Clearly this hostel is better than most hostels I stayed so far in Oz, a truly budget resort with a lovely gardens and possums running about in the trees! Good place to chill out for a fee days, quiet and relax and in a walking distance to the beach and to a foodwork. Would stay again, by booking directly with them..

Really good place to stay in Hervey Bay. The common room looks great and the kitchen is very nice as well. There's enough space to sit outside, and the hammocks are great. Very clean as well. I would certainly stay there again.

Best hostel we have found in Australia, staff were really helpful and friendly, dorm rooms were spacious with plenty of storage and the place was kept very clean. Events organised in the evenings created a good atmosphere. Highly recommend

Awesome place. Great and very helpfull owner couple. Short walk to the beach. Booked my Fraser and whale watch trips thru them.

I loved this hostel. It's located in a lush garden with hammocks to chill out. The owners are lovely people and keen to help. The only negative things were that there wasn't any soap provided at the bathroom and the kitchen was really low on cutlery/plates and other equipment. Would definitely come back here!