Aussie Woolshed

Fabulous 852 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 852 Total Reviews

11th Apr 2017

Cool hostel - good balance between quiet & atmospheric. Loved the kitchen/lounge in the big wooden cabin area (terrible description sorry). Staff were friendly. Rooms fine. Only thing is that it was closed for 4 hours when I arrived (at 1pm) so I had to hang around with my bags till then

• Austria, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017

Nice place to stay before Fraser Island, as you can get a pick-up directly from the hostel. Late check-in was nice and easy. The bathroom is very clean and so are the dorms. The fans in the dorms are very loud, which is the only negative thing about the hostel.

24th Mar 2017
7.1

Nice hostel with nice rooms and bathrooms. You're given 1GB of data but the wifi never works so I never actually used mine. TV in the common room which is good for rainy days and close to the beach but really far from the main shops and other hostels which is a pain - plus there's no shuttle to these so you have to get a public bus. No atmosphere but this can't really be helped because people are just passing through for Fraser trips. Staff were really friendly though and it's always clean

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2017

Really lovely cosy hostel, completely felt like a home from home. Didn't want to leave! Managers and team are really friendly and helpful. They even went out of my way to get me to my bus stop when I had missed the shuttle service. Would 100% recommend this place. Rooms are nicely laid out and very clean.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
17th Mar 2017
7.4

The reception is open only till 7pm. Not sure how ppl check in if they arrive later. The night I was there power went off. It didn't bother me too much as I went to bed early. But I heard some other guests tried calling the owner and he didn't even answer.

Our reception hours are 7am to 7pm and we have easy to follow late check in information for anyone arriving on a late bus. We do have an after hours number for emergencies however we do sleep after 10pm and if we are asleep you may need to ph twice to wake us up. We live onsite and are happy to fix an problems when they occur. Power cuts are not common and are due to circumstances beyond our control, sorry for the inconvenience.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Mar 2017

The perfect hostel if you are staying pre-Fraser island. Really simple check-in process if you are checking in late due to a night coach. Free shuttle to the coach terminal. Fraser tours know about the hostel about pick-up for that was easy too. Very chilled hostel, clean, friendly staff. Book 10 bed dorm for space and your own plug, you don't necessarily get this in smaller ones. 5 others I met on my Fraser tour stayed here the night after too, very popular and great if lone traveller like me.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and met other like minded travelers, it's also great to hear our procedures are easy to understand and follow. We offer great Fraser, Whale and Great Barrier reef packages so you can spend more time having fun and less time planning your stay on the Fraser Coast.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Mar 2017

Cutest little hostel, the guy that worked on reception was lovely and really helpful. Right next to the beach which is great, and big social areas to chill out in. And toilets, showers and rooms are clean!

2nd Mar 2017

This is a super cute hostel, has a garden area with hammocks to relax in. They had a free barbecue for us the night I was there. I would recommend!

• England, Couple, 18-24
28th Feb 2017

Stayed here before and after Fraser Island (did the cool dingo tour and couldn't recommend it more highly). We got picked up and dropped off from the greyhound bus stop with no hassle at all. The staff were really friendly, in particular the owner. The rooms are really clean and well presented. Really relaxed atmosphere for pre and post Fraser! We got upgraded, not once but twice. Shop and bottle shop were really close, as well as the bus stop. We wished we had stayed here for longer.

26th Feb 2017

Cool little hostel about 15 mins from the beach. They have a cute dog walking around. Would stay again