Aussie Woolshed Reviews

181 Torquay Road, Hervey Bay, Australia

Cute hostel with kitchen & lounge area as well as hammocks outside and a cooking area outside. Good showers etc. and close to Scarness beach - free transfer to bus was good

Small and quiet place Beach is close, supermarket far ,wifi slow

Fab hostel - really clean, good kitchen and communal areas, powerful showers, friendly staff and good location. Would definitely recommend.

No atmosphere place was dead! Got so bored here to walk into town it's like at good 30min walk! Reception person was sometimes not their!

• 11th May 2015

Thanks for the comments. I agree, May and June are definitely the quietest months of the year for tourism in Queensland. Here in Hervey Bay it gives us a bit of time to catch our breath, catch up with maintenance etc and get ready for the full on rush of Whale Watch season again come mid July...

This is the best hostel I have been to in Australia! The rooms are nice, cosy and clean. In the well-equipped and tidy kitchen and in the common room there is lots of space and you'll find everything you need. The showers and toilets are superclean and there is nothing to complain about. One of the highlights is the big garden with hammocks and plenty of room to relax and enjoy your day - or night with dinner from the big BBQ.

• 6th May 2015

This has been my absolut favorit spot and hostel in Australia. It was well worth the money, beautiful, peaceful and over all really high standards. The hostel has a really nice courtyard which is a great place to hang out and relax. It is close to the beach but a bit far away from town. Problem solved through cheap bikehire. In addition really friendly and helpful staff.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

It`s the best hostel that you can find in all Australia. It`s like been in our own place or your home. The staff was great. The room was wonderful.

We enjoyed our stay here, the authentic woodshed style gives it a nice vibe. Make sure that if you are getting the bus to the main bus station, you arrange your own transport to and from, as the hostel will only give you a transfer if it is at a certain time. The wifi was good and the hammocks very comfortable! Our room was nice, and the showers were big- always a positive!

Super friendly staff greet you when you arrive and remember who you are throughout your stay (and if you come back!). Very clean, great showers (large, good water pressure and hot water). Quite far from the bus station, but a free shuttle is provided to and from to help.

• 13th Apr 2015

Had a great time at this gorgeous, laid back hostel before and after our weekend camping on Fraser Island. Brent was amazingly helpful with advice on all our options for seeing the island even though we showed up the night before we were hoping to go with no solid plans. Then after our trip, they recognised my name from before and realised that I had booked the wrong type of room and provided us with an extra bed free of charge so my friend and I wouldn't be sharing a double.

• 19th Mar 2015

Good hostel! Nice staf, clean and good facilities.

Amazing place! Short walk from the beautiful beach which has a small pier where we saw a sea turtle in the sea. Log cabin style kitchen which is very homely. Friendly staff. Would recommend to stay here :)

The guy at the front desk was super nice, and when we came down to book more nights, he offered us air conditioning for the rest of our stay (6 days) for the price of one night (5 dollars). He also gave us another gig of free wifi when we ran out the first time. Although it's a pretty far walk to woolworths, you can arrange for them to pick you up or drop you off when they make greyhound runs.

This hostel is fantastic! It was the prefect ending to our fraser island trip and to make things better we were upgraded to a twin room when we arrived, no charge! The owners were really friendly and so helpful! Definitely recommend, one of best hostels I've stayed in Oz! :)

Nice place but customer service could have been better. The receptionist was very condescending when we booked in and he was the same with a polish couple who struggled to understand him which was awkward to witness. All in all a fairly nice place ruined by one man.

This place is great and feels like a little community or village. The only downside is that the room didn't have air com so it got so hot and was hard to sleep in. The kitchen is nice but too small for everybody. Though the garden area is lovely.

Thanks for your feedback! Our budget dorms only have ceiling fans and our deluxe dorms have aircon options. Our kitchen can get congested at meal times so we've added more cooking facilities outside under cover and are in the process of having an outdoor sink as well

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Woolshed in March 2015. We really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the hostel and our room was cleaned to a high standard. As a result, we decided to return to the hostel and work there for two weeks. We really enjoyed our time staying there and would recommend it to anyone travelling through Hervey Bay. Definitely one of the best hostels we've been to during our travels in Australia.

Great hostel! The best I've ever been! The bathroom and the kitchen were very clean and the facilities were really nice.

• 15th Feb 2015

The best hostel I've been to! The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and unique. My room was a dorm, and I had my own large locker. The kitchen and common room are well equipped and tidy, very homely. The atmosphere is relaxing, there are hammocks in the tropical garden which is well kept, and lots of chairs and sun loungers. The staff are friendly, Megan and Brent and very accommodating and go out of their way to provide the best experience! I can't reccomend this place more! Thankyou!

This hostel like probably all in Hervey bay is used as a stepping stone for Fraser island.I would recommend that you try not to spend any more time here than neccessary.The atmosphere was sociable but NOT party as most people are getting up early to go on trips.Very clean bathrooms and good beds.The kitchen does have a lot of cockroaches although i did see them clean it quite well.Watch out for the friendly possum!

Sounds like this 45+ Backpacker(??) has based his review of our beautiful, clean and much loved hostel on his opinion of Hervey Bay, which he amazingly concluded from a 1 night stay! If he'd got out of our computer room where he spent most of his time consuming our free WiFi before his courtesy drop off to the bus station, he may have discovered the many wonders and attractions Hervey Bay has to offer. He then may have come to a more honest, informed and useful conclusion.