Aussie Woolshed Reviews

181 Torquay Road, Hervey Bay, Australia

This place is great and feels like a little community or village. The only downside is that the room didn't have air com so it got so hot and was hard to sleep in. The kitchen is nice but too small for everybody. Though the garden area is lovely.

Thanks for your feedback! Our budget dorms only have ceiling fans and our deluxe dorms have aircon options. Our kitchen can get congested at meal times so we've added more cooking facilities outside under cover and are in the process of having an outdoor sink as well

Great hostel! The best I've ever been! The bathroom and the kitchen were very clean and the facilities were really nice.

• 15th Feb 2015

This hostel like probably all in Hervey bay is used as a stepping stone for Fraser island.I would recommend that you try not to spend any more time here than neccessary.The atmosphere was sociable but NOT party as most people are getting up early to go on trips.Very clean bathrooms and good beds.The kitchen does have a lot of cockroaches although i did see them clean it quite well.Watch out for the friendly possum!

I was just going to fraser Island and stayed one Night at the hostel, is was okay. Pretty hot room, but everything was clean and the bed was great.

This is the best hostel I've stayed in in Australia so far. It has a nice cozy atmosphere, it's family run, staff is caring and helping and the place is surrounded by a lush vegetation with hammocks, bbq area... Everything is cleaned and well kept and finally a kitchen with everything at disposal to make it easy to cook your own food! Perfect place to relax and unwind for a while. Close distance to the beach and if you fancy all international food... Definitely recommended. Good vibes.

lovely hostel, very peaceful and relaxed the only problem we had was with reception being closed a lot of the time, possibly this is just a lack of staff. other than that our night there was great! we stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, each bunk had it's own cubby whole giving guests privacy and the lockers/cupboards were plenty bug enough for our backpacks.

Really nice open air facilities. Reception isn't open during most bus arrival / departure times so you have to try your luck getting a ride with another hostel or sit at the bus station and wait for at least an hour.

Awesome hostel, very tidy and clean. BBQ and chilling in the hammock a plus. Lots to do outside such as jet skiing, paddle boarding. Also very helpful with booking my Fraser tour.

• 15th Jan 2015

A very beautiful hostel, ideal for recharging after Fraiser Island. Good value for money!

Lovely place! Only negative thing was that I booked and paid for 6 bed dorm and they put me into 8 or 10 bed dorm.

Thanks for your feedback! You forgot to mention that for the 3 nights you booked there was never more than 6 people in this room so it was only a 6 share dorm for your whole stay. You actually got a free upgrade as our other 6 bed dorm doesn't have an ensuite. If we put people in different rooms it's always an upgrade at our expense and never a downgrade. Happy travels!

Staff were really helpful Room was very stuffy- Had no window.

Best hostel ever

• 28th Dec 2014

We stayed there just two nights, but it was great! the only problem is that there was no air conditioning and the room was really hot, but for the price we paid it was more than we expected (6 bed dorms)

Fantastic stay! Great value rooms everyone was so friendly! I would highly recommend :)

• 19th Dec 2014

You have to pay extra for aircon. The owner didn't help me reschedule a tour because i didn't book it with her. She also didn't even let me use her phone i would have paid for to reschedule the tour on my own. I didn't feel welcome at that place.

Decent hostel with good size dorms. Only two toilets and two showers for the entire hostel. Check out is early at 9:30am. Tara on reception is very helpful and helped to make our stay enjoyable. Shame the free wifi is limited to just 250mb.

Just to clarify this guests comments, Dorm rooms and budget rooms use our shared facilities but all other rooms have their own ensuite. We don't receive unlimited data from our Telstra provider therefore we've worked out a fair system of data allocation depending on how long guests are staying. This guest stayed for 1 night only and were both given 300mb each (not 250mb) if they'd stayed another night they would have received more. Also if guests book tours we are happy to give more if needed.

Very friendly staff, nice backyard and relaxed groove.

Thanks for your feedback, we loved having you stay and enjoyed your groovy tunes on the guitar!!

There was a massive gap under are door and we was woken up my a massive cockroach are room. Staff were lovely On movie night the movie didn't work was very disappointing

We enjoyed our stay in Woolshed. The staff is really nice and helpful. The rooms are clean with good beds. The sfeer in this hostel was just perfect!

• 16th Nov 2014

I stayed in a 6 mix dorm. The beds are really good! And you have your own little space, because of the wall between the dubbelbeds. The hostel is 5 min walk from the beach.