Aussie Woolshed Reviews

181 Torquay Road, Hervey Bay, Australia

Had a great time at this gorgeous, laid back hostel before and after our weekend camping on Fraser Island. Brent was amazingly helpful with advice on all our options for seeing the island even though we showed up the night before we were hoping to go with no solid plans. Then after our trip, they recognised my name from before and realised that I had booked the wrong type of room and provided us with an extra bed free of charge so my friend and I wouldn't be sharing a double.

• 19th Mar 2015

Good hostel! Nice staf, clean and good facilities.

Amazing place! Short walk from the beautiful beach which has a small pier where we saw a sea turtle in the sea. Log cabin style kitchen which is very homely. Friendly staff. Would recommend to stay here :)

The guy at the front desk was super nice, and when we came down to book more nights, he offered us air conditioning for the rest of our stay (6 days) for the price of one night (5 dollars). He also gave us another gig of free wifi when we ran out the first time. Although it's a pretty far walk to woolworths, you can arrange for them to pick you up or drop you off when they make greyhound runs.

This hostel is fantastic! It was the prefect ending to our fraser island trip and to make things better we were upgraded to a twin room when we arrived, no charge! The owners were really friendly and so helpful! Definitely recommend, one of best hostels I've stayed in Oz! :)

Nice place but customer service could have been better. The receptionist was very condescending when we booked in and he was the same with a polish couple who struggled to understand him which was awkward to witness. All in all a fairly nice place ruined by one man.

This place is great and feels like a little community or village. The only downside is that the room didn't have air com so it got so hot and was hard to sleep in. The kitchen is nice but too small for everybody. Though the garden area is lovely.

Thanks for your feedback! Our budget dorms only have ceiling fans and our deluxe dorms have aircon options. Our kitchen can get congested at meal times so we've added more cooking facilities outside under cover and are in the process of having an outdoor sink as well

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Woolshed in March 2015. We really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of the hostel and our room was cleaned to a high standard. As a result, we decided to return to the hostel and work there for two weeks. We really enjoyed our time staying there and would recommend it to anyone travelling through Hervey Bay. Definitely one of the best hostels we've been to during our travels in Australia.

Great hostel! The best I've ever been! The bathroom and the kitchen were very clean and the facilities were really nice.

• 15th Feb 2015

The best hostel I've been to! The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and unique. My room was a dorm, and I had my own large locker. The kitchen and common room are well equipped and tidy, very homely. The atmosphere is relaxing, there are hammocks in the tropical garden which is well kept, and lots of chairs and sun loungers. The staff are friendly, Megan and Brent and very accommodating and go out of their way to provide the best experience! I can't reccomend this place more! Thankyou!

This hostel like probably all in Hervey bay is used as a stepping stone for Fraser island.I would recommend that you try not to spend any more time here than neccessary.The atmosphere was sociable but NOT party as most people are getting up early to go on trips.Very clean bathrooms and good beds.The kitchen does have a lot of cockroaches although i did see them clean it quite well.Watch out for the friendly possum!

Sounds like this 45+ Backpacker(??) has based his review of our beautiful, clean and much loved hostel on his opinion of Hervey Bay, which he amazingly concluded from a 1 night stay! If he'd got out of our computer room where he spent most of his time consuming our free WiFi before his courtesy drop off to the bus station, he may have discovered the many wonders and attractions Hervey Bay has to offer. He then may have come to a more honest, informed and useful conclusion.

I was just going to fraser Island and stayed one Night at the hostel, is was okay. Pretty hot room, but everything was clean and the bed was great.

Thanks for the positive feedback! We put a huge effort into the cleanliness of our Hostel and consider the comfort of our guests a priority. Of course there is not much we can do about the hot sub-tropical climate of Queensland, however most consider this a major attraction for Queensland...

This is the best hostel I've stayed in in Australia so far. It has a nice cozy atmosphere, it's family run, staff is caring and helping and the place is surrounded by a lush vegetation with hammocks, bbq area... Everything is cleaned and well kept and finally a kitchen with everything at disposal to make it easy to cook your own food! Perfect place to relax and unwind for a while. Close distance to the beach and if you fancy all international food... Definitely recommended. Good vibes.

lovely hostel, very peaceful and relaxed the only problem we had was with reception being closed a lot of the time, possibly this is just a lack of staff. other than that our night there was great! we stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, each bunk had it's own cubby whole giving guests privacy and the lockers/cupboards were plenty bug enough for our backpacks.

Really nice open air facilities. Reception isn't open during most bus arrival / departure times so you have to try your luck getting a ride with another hostel or sit at the bus station and wait for at least an hour.

Awesome hostel, very tidy and clean. BBQ and chilling in the hammock a plus. Lots to do outside such as jet skiing, paddle boarding. Also very helpful with booking my Fraser tour.

A very beautiful hostel, ideal for recharging after Fraiser Island. Good value for money!

Lovely place! Only negative thing was that I booked and paid for 6 bed dorm and they put me into 8 or 10 bed dorm.

Thanks for your feedback! You forgot to mention that for the 3 nights you booked there was never more than 6 people in this room so it was only a 6 share dorm for your whole stay. You actually got a free upgrade as our other 6 bed dorm doesn't have an ensuite. If we put people in different rooms it's always an upgrade at our expense and never a downgrade. Happy travels!

Staff were really helpful Room was very stuffy- Had no window.

Best hostel ever