Aussie Woolshed Reviews

181 Torquay Road, Hervey Bay, Australia

Best hostel in Oz so far! Great chilled atmosphere, big Woolsworth 20 min walk.

A lovely hostel to stay . Fantastic atmosphere. I stayed in a single room which was very clean and comfy ang got a lift back to the bus. Would recommend

Perfect spot to relax a little bit. The kitchen is big enough for the size of the hostel and the equipment in there was okay too. The showers were quite old but kept clean. The garden with its tables and cozzy hamocks were a realy good spot to relax and meet new people. The staff was realy friendly and they will help you to book the right tour to fraser. Realy enjoied my stay there, thanks woolshed-crew!

Best hostel I've ever stayed! Warm and welcoming staff and nice hammocks to chill. Rooms, toilets and showers were cleaned daily. I recommend this place for everyone who is looking for a chill and warm atmosphere :)

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Awesome place, with awesome people! I can recommend this place to everyone! Go, see, feel!

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Wasn't a particularly outstanding (bad or good) hostel. Location required a 5-10 minute walk to any sort of food or drink and the atmosphere wasn't quite conducive to really meeting people. People kept to themselves. Security was only at the door to your room which seemed flimsy; at least had lockers in the rooms. Staff were fine, but sometimes unhelpful or unwilling to help I felt. Storage after you check out costs if you didn't book a tour through them; not very hostel-like. Facilities average

The hostel and the room conditions are pretty nice. However, the bathrooms and toilets are not clean.

Very friendly and helpful staff! It's very very clean here, cleanest hostel so far. Unfortunately no aircon in the rooms. Wifi isn't the best, but it's free. Big "living room", which is very homly. The rooms are well equiped with bins, table or shelf and bedside Lamps. Beds are a little bit uncomfortable. Woolworth is unfortunately 20 min walk away, as well as the station of Premier Bus, which is 30min walk away. No buses are driving at arrival time so you have to walk or to take a taxi.

Very clean, well managed hostel with owners and staff that go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Communal TV room and kitchen are great, and the outdoors are beautiful with hammocks to chill in while petting the friendly cat. Only problem is Hervey Bay is such a sprawl it's not really close to anything except the beach.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far in Australia and I was in a 8 bed shared dorm. Would definitely stay again

The staff were just lovely and very helpful, and the hostel dog was so cute!

Totally different atmosphere to other hostels I have stayed at. Feels like a rustic cottage resort which I really enjoyed.

I love this hostel. it is my favourite hostel in Australia and one of my favourite hostels in the world. The owners are so nice. Toilet and showers are lovely. Kitchen and hang out area is great. outdoor area is so cute and peaceful. We had a lovely evening outside with delish Bbq and a beer. Dorm is nice Hammocks are amazing. Pick up and drop off from tourquey bus stop. Close to bars restaurants and beach. You should stay here.

Stayed in a double, which was very clean and cute with telly and comfy bed. The air con is optional extra which we didn't realise before we went (extra $5 a day) although they do provide a fan. Only a short walk from the beach and about 15minute walk to the nearest Woolworths, there was also a really helpful lady on the desk who booked our Fraser Island tour. We found there was often queues for the bathrooms, there didn't seem enough for the number of guests there.

Good place, good staff, and very clean! Just sad that the free wifi was limited for short stays and that the check-out time is too early compare to all the hostels I went before... except these last 2 points everything was great ;-)

The hostel is so perfect if you wanna relax and spend time at a quiet place. I really loved the hostel and I'm kind of a hard person to make happy when staying at hostels. The staff is helpful and adorable.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

A lovely hostel! Clean, spacious room, quiet, very nice kitchen, ... Just one word : great !

nice environment and friendly people, good deal for the whales watching tour, close to the beach

• 16th Oct 2015

great place if you want to relax on the way to or back from fraiser island, and it's easy walking distance to the beach and bars and restaurants. its a small hostel with really charming features - the common room is the first place I've felt at home on my trip. However the common room is generally deserted by 10pm, people head back to their rooms to read or watch tv if you have a twin. the kitchen gets very crowded at peak times. 20 mins walk from supermarket, but a small shop is 8 mins away.

Pretty great all round. Clean, nice staff, pick up from bus, early check in, relaxing atmosphere. Would recommend.