Aussie Woolshed Reviews

181 Torquay Road, Hervey Bay, Australia

I stayed in a 6 mix dorm. The beds are really good! And you have your own little space, because of the wall between the dubbelbeds. The hostel is 5 min walk from the beach.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Clearly this hostel is better than most hostels I stayed so far in Oz, a truly budget resort with a lovely gardens and possums running about in the trees! Good place to chill out for a fee days, quiet and relax and in a walking distance to the beach and to a foodwork. Would stay again, by booking directly with them..

Really good place to stay in Hervey Bay. The common room looks great and the kitchen is very nice as well. There's enough space to sit outside, and the hammocks are great. Very clean as well. I would certainly stay there again.

Best hostel we have found in Australia, staff were really helpful and friendly, dorm rooms were spacious with plenty of storage and the place was kept very clean. Events organised in the evenings created a good atmosphere. Highly recommend

Awesome place. Great and very helpfull owner couple. Short walk to the beach. Booked my Fraser and whale watch trips thru them.

I loved this hostel. It's located in a lush garden with hammocks to chill out. The owners are lovely people and keen to help. The only negative things were that there wasn't any soap provided at the bathroom and the kitchen was really low on cutlery/plates and other equipment. Would definitely come back here!

Nice staff, very helpful, people were very loud they talked to them. Nice hostel. Very clean bathroom and kitchen. Booked our whale watching with them. Helped us with insider tips for the next stops on our trip. Would stay there again

It's a really lovely place! Love the homey and cosy style. Everything is so neat and clean. Especially love the kitchen and garden (with a well-equipped BBQ area and hammocks). The owners (Brent and Megan) are super friendly and they really care about every guest and offer very helpful travel advice. I booked a Fraser Island tour from them and it's just awesome! Just a short walk to the beautiful beaches and esplanade. Close to supermarket too. Highly recommend this place!

very nice!

Aussie Woolshed is a really calm and beautiful place to stay. Hervey Bay may not be the most happening place, but the beach is beautiful (amazing weather around July!) and Hoolihans is a fun place to grab a drink. The rooms are spread out into three different buildings, with really clean bathrooms and laundry close by. I had no problems with bugs and only saw two possums (so cute!) Megan and Brent are incredibly friendly and I am really glad I chose to stay here!

• 9th Aug 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. Yes Hoolies is a great place to down a few ales and listen to some live music. Great menu as well! Being 'incredibly friendly' and 'really clean' is the greatest compliment you could give us. Being backpackers ourselves we know how important these things are and much it is appreciated by our guests.

Amazing hostel! One of the best vibes I've ever come across in my travels. It's like your own tropical oasis in a relaxed beachside town. Easy walk to a clean, beautiful beach. Facilities were immaculate, beds were comfortable and the owners - Brent and Megan - were super helpful and friendly. I definitely recommend this place!

Ended up staying at The Woolshed for more than 1 night just because of how good it was! Family owned & run, the staff are very friendly & pleasant to be around & nothing is any trouble. They have great knowledge, offering sound advice on Fraser Island & which tours are best. The hostel has plenty of grounds to relax in, it can feel like a home away from home.!The showers, kitchen, lounge & all rooms are cleaned thoroughly (communal areas daily) & you have facilities to do laundry and hire bikes.

Thanks for the great feed back. We are a completely independent booking agent when it comes to Fraser Island tours and whale watch cruises. Which means our advice is based on local knowledge and what is going to be best suited to our guests. Not how much money we'll make in commission!